Danish women handball

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Danish women handball

Postby red and white » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:38 pm

Hi everyone! I´m a big handball fan from Denmark and I consider the Danish women league to be the best in the world. Do you agree with that? No!

Ikast is almost ready to play Champions league after the 44-32 victory against Podravka Vegeta. Slagelse is ready too, and I think both teams could end up winning Champions league!!!
And then we have Viborg, who have a lot of injured players, but when they get ready they are at the same level as Slagelse and Ikast.
Then there is Kolding, Randers, Ålborg and Horsens which also are really good teams that would have no problems defeating fc Real Madrid....

I think Kometal Gj. P. is an excellent team. No doubt about that! And they play fair handball all the time.

I think Slagelse and Ikast are better. They have extremely good teams, with players like:
Slagelse: Anja Freser, Camilla Andersen, Ausra Fridrikas, Bojana Petrovic, Stephanie Cano and Valentina Tarculovska.
Ikast: Narcisa Paunica, Kristine Andersen, Sanja Jovovic, Josephine Touray, Line Daugård, Tonje Kjærgård, Karin Mortensen, Ana Vojcic and Gro Hammerseng.
Not to mention Viborg: Leila Lejeune, Valerie Nicolas, Olga Assink, Henriette Mikkelsen, Saskia Mulder, Lotte Kiærskou, Katrine Fruelund, Karen Brødsgård, Natasja Burgers, Helga Nemeth and Louise Bager.

The only team who can keep up with teams like that is Krim Ljubljana, therefore I think that Slagelse, Ikast or Krim will win Champions league this year.
Any comments?

SilentOne
Extra Member

Postby SilentOne » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:50 pm

Only one question:

When was the last time when a danish team won the CL? I don't seem to remember :lol:

But I remember in the past decade that teams like Kometal, Krim, Podravka won the CL and Buducnost was very near. (Balkan teams rule :P )

But I agree with you about the danish league and if you want to know, I think that your league is the reason why no danish club will win the CL. I mean look at the other CL winners (Valencia, Hypo, Dunaffer plus the Balkan temas) they all come from weak leagues.

Oh and one more thing. We only critisize players that play unfair and very dirty. But everyone has a right on opinion right?

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:54 pm

ikast can be as dirty as any other team. i can not say any bad word about viborg because evary time we played against them their players were extremly fair. and slagelse has never played against us so i don't know. anyway i think that krim will win cl this year too because of the reason silentone said.

RADE
Extra Member

Postby RADE » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:30 pm

well red and white i dont think so that ikast and slagelse are better than kometal,the results show that,and of course the titules in CL
and if you want so here are kometalplayers:
Borysenko,Kolesnik,Naceva,Platon,Velkova,Markusevska,Ferzalieva,Radcenko,Rayxel,Todorovska(Malakhova),Bujanova,Tsygytsa,Cupic,Boeva
so if you watch handball i'm sure you'll know what this name mean in world handball,and if not ask someone

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:33 pm

well slagelse maybe have a better team this year but all the blakan teams have a respectable teams as well. so i think scandinavia won't have cl title this year.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

My reply to you

Postby red and white » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:40 am

I understand where you are all coming from, and of course you side with Balkan teams when you are from Balkan.... I didn´t say that no other teams then Krim, Slagelse and Ikast could win champions league, but they are my favorites. Kometal Gj. P., Podgorica and "LADA" Toljatti also have a good chance, but it is one of the six who will win! No doubt about that.....

Another thing is that it is true that no Danish team has ever won the champions league, but the teams only just started getting the really good players last season, and in that season we had both Viborg and Ikast in the semifinales. I have to give credit to Krim, because Ikast did not stand a chance.. But Viborg deserved to beat Valencia after the first 34-34 draw in Spain, but they simply had too many injuries. When they lost the decider with three goals they only had three back-players left and once they got tired, Viborg lost....

Who ever said that Ikast plays unfair is lying. I´m sorry, but that is not true. I have seen them play lots of times, but can still objectively say they play fair. That is one thing you cannot take away from the Danish way of handball, we always play fair. They might have had a rough defence, but again fair.

I also agree with the fact that Kometal has good players, but only Bujanova, Tsygytsa, Naceva, Velkova, Raykhel, Todorovska and perhaps Ferzalieva.. The rest is nothing special.... The players I mentioned in my first "letter" was only the ones who where REALLY good. And Danish natinalplayers must be really good. Afterall they are defending European and paraolympic champions.....

But again this is just my opinion, and I definetely respect yours, but time will tell which teams are the best.

taki

Postby taki » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:24 pm

I think that Shlagese will not win the champions League. Too many stars in one team isn't good (as ilogical as it may seem). They will probably reach the semi's (and that is it). I have a strange feeling that Kometal and Shlagese will be in the same group. I would love that. Playing against teams from Scandinavia is great (and Kometal plays good against them). Anyhow, I am more than sure that 10 out of 16 teams can win the Champions League. The group stage is the toughest, in the elimination matches everything is possible. Evreyone can beat anyone. I am looking forward to the Champions League in January.

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:53 pm

i don't think that anyone likes to be called a liar so watch what you write. anyway i said that ikast can be as dirty as anyother team. that means that there are moments when their players can do something unfair like players of any other club. but not all of them(read paunica) and certanily not all the time.

RADE
Extra Member

Postby RADE » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:54 pm

another thing i like to point is the fact that the scandinavian teams(viborg,ikast,slagelse,larvik)can beat any team without problems,but when they play with kometal-it's another story-kometal has always passed the scandinavian teams-it's kind of a rule

but unfortunately it's same with valencia and kometal
what is kometal doing to scandinavians,that is valencia doing to us :(

Karkut
Extra Member

Postby Karkut » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:54 pm

Toljatti- Suselina, Sidorova,Poltoratskaya,Romanskaya,Pal,Kareeva,Mouravieva,Tchaplina,
Diadetchko,Koroleva,Yakoleva,Gontcharova++

Krim- Bodnieva,Leganger,Dinu,Logvin,Oder,Derepasko,Tchetsckhova,Yatsenko,Doler

Karkut
Extra Member

Postby Karkut » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:01 pm

Larvik HK- Tonje Larsen,Nyberg,Olsson,Duvholt,Hårsaker,Rantala,Kopperud and Heieraas

Buducnost- Czapko,Marcek,Kolakovic,Bulatovic,Savic,Damjanac,Vhorotszhtsova, Paplacko, Milickovic,Jeraminok

Hypo- Rotis,Löwy,Horacek,Spiridon,Shykarenko,Gainskyte,Kryvochenko,Engel

Podravka-Budimir,Tanase,Gilca,Popovic,Tarle,Raguz(?) Hodak

Karkut
Extra Member

Postby Karkut » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:02 pm

I think LADA toljatti wil win CL this year look at the team!!! it speak for its self. POLTORATSKAYA worlds best player!!!

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:40 pm

norwayboy i+m impresed that you know most of our team. you only left out anica djurovic, ina volkova and morozova gk as well as gricenko and for your information vorozcova has left the club and went to hungary i think.

RADE
Extra Member

Postby RADE » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:07 pm

i don't agree with you norwayboy
i don't think lada will win CL this year
my biggest favourites are kometal,krim,slagelse,herz

Karkut
Extra Member

Postby Karkut » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:56 pm

oki;)

Boglarka Vamos
Kristina Stamatovic
Zagorka Bastovanovic
Aleksandra Durovic
Aida Selmanovic
Dragana Lakovic
Inna Volkova (off course, i foget her:( sorry)
Svatlana Morzova
Marina Gritsenko

Karkut
Extra Member

Postby Karkut » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:59 pm

What ??herz??

With out Agnes Farkas, Ildiko Padar, Eszter Siti, ++ i dont think sow....

But Krim, Toljatti Slagelse,Larvik, Buducnost, kometal, ikast yeah!!!;.)

taki

Postby taki » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:10 am

I agree with you norwayboy. Without Fatkas and Siti, herz doesn't stand a chance. Quaterfinals tops. (and that depends on the group they will be in). But once again. Everyone has a chance of winning the champions league. From Dannmark to Macedonia, from Russia to Spain. At least 10 teams can do it. Win it I mean.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:14 am

Norwayboy has a point, when he claims that "LADA" has a good chance of winning. They have a really good team. Especially Poltoratskaia and Kareeva. Their weakness is their wing-players, but they are not that bad.
Herz Budapest. NO WAY! They only have four good players left (Timea Toth, Erika Kirsner, Katarina Mravikova and Katarina Uhrakova). The rest is no good. They are no threath to either Kometal, Buducnost, Krim, LADA or the Danish teams.

What about Dunaferr? Their right side has improved a lot with Bojana Radulovics and Zsuszanna Lovasz. Do you think they could at least the semis?

Another thing. I think Kometal are going to miss Andrijana

taki

Postby taki » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:32 am

So RED AND WHITE, i must disagree with you about Andrijana Budimir. I realy belive that Komatal will not miss her as much as they will miss Indira. Cigica will play there and she is a better player than Budimir. The right side is a bigger problem. I havn't seen them play this year and I wonder what is there starting lineup. Can someone tell me? The starting lineup of Kometal from the tournament in Ljubljana or Germany?????

Rasmus
Very Important Member

Get real

Postby Rasmus » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:39 am

Stop calling Ferencvaros TC for HERZ. The sponsor has left the club and is the main reason why the club had to let Farkas, Siti, Lowy and Benyats go. The club has no money, but stil a good lineup... players like Timea Toth and the new slovakian and czhech players are cheap in salary but very good... so now they're just Ferencvaros TC - and they have no chance of winning the CL!!!!!!!

If I had to make a seeding list.... Odds

RK Krim ETA Malizia 5.00
Slagelse FH 5.00
HC Lada Toljatti 8.00
Ikast/Bording EH 8.00
Dunaferr SE 10.00
Larvik HK 10.00
RK Buducnost Monet 10.00
CBM Mar Valencia 15.00
RK Gjorče Petrov 20.00
Dinamo Volgograd 25.00
Ferencvaros TC 50.00
Hypo/Nordstrand 80.00
DJK/MJC Trier 80.00
the rest:
Montex Lublin/Eurostandard G. P., Besancon/Zaporoshje, CBM Alsa Elsa Prestigio 100.00
Who cares...

This is when you look at which players who plays in for the teams... Allmost every team has got new players... so it will take a while before the teams play at their best. Krim although having, on paper, a better team then last year, will have bigger problems in this years Champions League because they have a new playmaker, right back, lineplayer and left back who doesn't know the systems... They might not even get thruu to the quarter finals!!!

Ikast/Bording plays fair, but when they play in Ljublijana and a goal scored after the time has elapsed is being allowed and the officials and referees won't accept a official protest(which every team has the rigth to do)... i think I would be pissed off to!!!!!!! And this wasn't in a presaeson match... this was in the k**f CL-semifinal(big scandal - it will take many years before I forgive Ljublijana) ... When they played the return match in Denmark, Ikast played the danish national melodi, a tradition, but to make Ikast more anoyed Krim didn't bring the Slovenian national melodi... so Ikast just played the danish.
So what I'm trying to say... cause and reaction. Every team wants to be fair, but the most aren't... Kometal, Hypo, Larvik, Buducnost, Krim, Slagelse, Valencia, Dunaferr, Ikast a.s.o. all try to distroy the opponenst concentration and that is they reason why these team are among the best in the world... It's a part of the game - get used to it!

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm

rasmus i can't agree with you more about playing fair. my english is not so good so i perhapes do not explain very well what i want to say but you said it now for me. also i partialy agree on your list cause i think that kometal has a geather chace to win cl. also i'm not so happy with how you have raked buducnost but when you see the team objective than i must to agree. the rest is quite good.

Goran

Postby Goran » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:04 pm

Not to mention Viborg: Leila Lejeune, Valerie Nicolas, Olga Assink, Henriette Mikkelsen, Saskia Mulder, Lotte Kiærskou, Katrine Fruelund, Karen Brødsgård, Natasja Burgers, Helga Nemeth and Louise Bager.

that is not very impressive. I have seen bettter teams

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:10 pm

Goran if that is not impressive then I don´t know what is? At the moment the team is not that good, because Katrine Fruelund, Lotte Kiærskou, Leila Lejeune, Saskia Mulder and Natasja Burgers are either injured or in recovery. But when they get in shape they can beat everybody!

Lets start with the goal keepers Valerie Nicolas speaks for herself. Louise Bager is a HUGE talent, and she showed that last year in the Champions league.

Olga Assink is if not the worlds best line player, then in top 5.
Henriette Mikkelsen was on the Danish national league´s all star team(left wing) meaning she was the best leftwing that season

Saskia Mulder. She is just amazing. In a champions league match against Valencia she scored about 15 goals, even though her team lost - remeber she is a wing player!!

Helga Nemeth came in second in a poll for national player of the year.

Karen Brødsgård, Lotte Kiærskou and Katrine Fruelund are key players on the Danish national team, who has won just about everything. Olympics, worldchampions and european champions.....

Leila Lejeune is perhaps the best player on the team.

Natasja Burgers is an extremely fast lefthander.

Don´t forget the former Norwegian national player Camilla Thorsen and also Rikke Skov is really good.

If that is not a good team then I don´t know what is, and everybody who knows these players well must agree.....

tga82
Men's WC 2013 Fantasy game winner

Postby tga82 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:05 pm

That IS an impressive team, Goran :)

It is a team that, in my opinion, would be a contender in CL if they were in it.... now I consider them favorites to win the EHF Cup instead.

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:57 pm

they definetly should not have problems to win it because the best teams from balkan are alredy in cl.

Return to “Female Handball”