Youth handball

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
maz
Extra Member

Re: Youth handball

Postby maz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:30 pm

I agree. This generation is not filled with the 'stars' if you leave out Kristina Jørgensen and Ida-Marie Dahl but I really believe Lea Hansen will become an international star. She is one of the best athletes I've ever seen. When she played for SK, she did things I've never seen on a handball court. One of the biggest flaws in her game was her consistency in front of goal, and she has improved immensely in that aspect. She hasn't been a regular on the national team for a long time now, and it's really difficult to understand but Heine does weird things in terms of picking his squads. He ignored Ellebæk forever and then picked her right before the championship. Hopefully he will notice Lea's talent once again.

Nanna Hinnerfeldt and Emilie Steffensen could also become stars. No talent has developed more than Hinnerfeldt in the last 2 years, so if she can keep it up, it will be interesting. Steffensen for her obvious physical reasons.

But what this generation lacks in terms of starpower, they have in depth. I think they will produce a ton of players for the League teams and they will add a ton of quality to the league. Not just the youth national team-players either.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 pm

There's a photo of the U20 DEN which has played a friendly tournament in Astrakhan, Russia this week-end:
https://vk.com/a_handball?z=photo-77423 ... 543_157827

Can you mention their names please, maz ?

Of course I recognized some players: Line Berggren Larsen, Nikoline Lundgren, Amalie Milling, Lærke Sørensen,
Cecilie Thomsen, Laura Jensen, Sarah Stougaard, Line Mai Hougaard, Ida-Marie Moesgaard Dahl.
Hinnerfeldt is the player between Lundgren and Milling right ? :p Lea Hansen and Emma Friis
were not in Russia. What a pity because I would like to see them playing...

By the way, have you got any news concerning Helena Elver ?

Denmark's results:
08.12.17 South Korea-Denmark 18-28
08.12.17 Denmark-Astrakhanochka (Russian League Club) 13-24
09.12.17 France-Denmark 11-18
09.12.17 Romania-Denmark 14-24
10.12.17 Denmark-Russia (Regional team) 19-19
10.12.17 Denmark-Astrakhanochka 23-23 (Astrakhanochka wins in penalty shootout)

Last day of competition in video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAoxJLSKIPw

The matches start at 3h58min48sec on the video with U20 FRA vs U20 South Korea (not full match),
then U20 Romania vs Russia (Regional team) and finally the final U20 DEN vs Astrakhanochka

You can find all the matches from this tournament on this website:
https://vk.com/a_handball

Just search well, not complicated to find them :).

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 pm

heavenly wrote:By the way, have you got any news concerning Helena Elver ?

I do! :lol: Her club Gudme HK mentions that she will return to court after Christmas. Great news and I really hope she can pick up where she left off, but her biggest quality is her incredible footwork (the best I´ve seen by a Danish player) which can potentially be limited a lot by a serious knee injury. But fingers crossed she can regain her former level, she is, afterall, a former MVP.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:37 pm

heavenly wrote:There's a photo of the U20 DEN which has played a friendly tournament in Astrakhan, Russia this week-end:
https://vk.com/a_handball?z=photo-77423 ... 543_157827

Can you mention their names please, maz ?

Sure can do :)

From top left to right:
Stine Eiberg, Berggren, Henriette Hansen, Mette Brandt, Caroline Svarre, Helene Kindberg, Ida Lagerbon, Nikoline Lundgren, Nanna Hinnerfeldt, Amalie Milling, Josephine Nordstrøm

From bottom left to right:
Lærke Sørensen, Naja Nissen, Cecilie Thomsen, Laura Jensen, Stougaard, Hougaard, Ida-Marie Dahl, Stine Nørklit

Don't know if I missed one or two.

Very happy to see Naja Nissen back on a youth national team. Many feared that she would not regain the same level after her elbow-injury last spring but she is playing well. I also think Mette Brandt and Henriette Hansen should be in the conversation for the World Championship-squad. That's of course if the season ended now. Still a lot of time left.

red and white wrote:I do! :lol: Her club Gudme HK mentions that she will return to court after Christmas. Great news and I really hope she can pick up where she left off, but her biggest quality is her incredible footwork (the best I´ve seen by a Danish player) which can potentially be limited a lot by a serious knee injury. But fingers crossed she can regain her former level, she is, afterall, a former MVP.

I really hope she can come back fully but as you say, it will take a long time before she get her explosive edge back which was a massive part of her play. She might never get it back. I still think she will be eased into play with Gudme. She is only 10 months removed from surgery and her injury was gruesome so hopefully they will let her take it slow. The 1st division will be a good test for her. Hopefully her story ends up being a fairytale :)

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Thanks red and white and maz. :)

Good news indeed for Helena.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:24 pm

My pleasure. I'm just happy that we can talk about youth handball outside of the summer months. So much going on in the months between championships :)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 am

Last post for now about youth handball in Denmark for me. I know most don't care about it :lol:

But talking about Lea Hansen, Louise Ellebæk and others not getting the recognition they deserve. It does seem like Heine Eriksen wants to stick with a certain base of players instead of seeing who develops and then picking the currently best players. I like Heine Eriksen but I do think he is pretty bad at selecting his squads. I'm happy to see that his latest squads reflect on players performances but can we expect him to keep that up when he has to select a squad for the World Championship? If I had to select a squad right now, it would look a whole lot different than previous championships. Mine would right now look a little like this:

Goalkeepers: Amalie Milling, Lærke Sørensen
Left wing: Emma Friis, Naja Nissen
Left back: Louise Ellebæk, Stine Nørklit, Stine Eiberg
Playmaker: Line Berggren, Mette Brandt, Ida Lagerborn
Right back: Nicoline Olsen, Nikoline Lundgreen
Right wing: Lea Hansen, Line Mai Hougaard
Pivot: Ida-Marie Dahl, Nanna Hinnerfeldt

Henriette Hansen, Mathilde Hylleberg, Caroline Svarre as the reserves. I think this is currently the strongest u20-squad we can go with but I don't think Heine's squad will look anywhere close to this but of course. He can have a different judgement on these players.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 am

What happened to Julie Pontoppidan (hopefully my spelling is not awfully wrong :D)? Is she injured?

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

Gojira wrote:What happened to Julie Pontoppidan (hopefully my spelling is not awfully wrong :D)? Is she injured?

Perfect spelling! 8:) Pontoppidan has been promoted from the youth teams. She was a part of the golden 96-97 team. But she is playing some of her best handball at the moment with Aarhus United, so everything is going very well with her :D

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 am

maz wrote:
Gojira wrote:What happened to Julie Pontoppidan (hopefully my spelling is not awfully wrong :D)? Is she injured?

Perfect spelling! 8:) Pontoppidan has been promoted from the youth teams. She was a part of the golden 96-97 team. But she is playing some of her best handball at the moment with Aarhus United, so everything is going very well with her :D

Good to hear it :D . Next stop the NT? Or not with KBJ?

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Gojira wrote:
maz wrote:

She's not really close to the NT right now but can't rule it out in the future. She wants it more than most. I just enjoy her staying in Aarhus for as long as possible. She is such a fun player to watch. Impossible to cover man to man :D

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:00 pm

maz wrote:
Gojira wrote:
maz wrote:Perfect spelling! 8:) Pontoppidan has been promoted from the youth teams. She was a part of the golden 96-97 team. But she is playing some of her best handball at the moment with Aarhus United, so everything is going very well with her :D

She's not really close to the NT right now but can't rule it out in the future. She wants it more than most. I just enjoy her staying in Aarhus for as long as possible. She is such a fun player to watch. Impossible to cover man to man :D

Good luck to her and to you watching her :D

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Gojira wrote:
maz wrote:
Gojira wrote:Good to hear it :D . Next stop the NT? Or not with KBJ?

Haha. If you are interested in watching a bit of her good moments, although they are from a slightly older date, then here is somewhat of a highlight video of her :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOOa3tDsP0

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:03 pm

maz wrote:
Gojira wrote:
maz wrote:She's not really close to the NT right now but can't rule it out in the future. She wants it more than most. I just enjoy her staying in Aarhus for as long as possible. She is such a fun player to watch. Impossible to cover man to man :D

Haha. If you are interested in watching a bit of her good moments, although they are from a slightly older date, then here is somewhat of a highlight video of her :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOOa3tDsP0

Thanks maz :D

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm

NT junior age of Romania,Hungary,Poland,Slovakia will meet in Valcea's tournament on16-18 february....afterthen romanian team will train in Hungary...
http://arenavalceana.ro/alicia-gogarla- ... de-cadete/

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:21 am

Anna Kristensen is having one hell of a season for Skanderborg. The 17-year old goalkeeper has cemented her status as one of the brightest young goalkeepers we have seen in Denmark for some time. This weekend she was a force against Silkeborg-Voel, who was considered big favorites in the match, but they ended up losing - mainly because of Anna Kristensen. And Silkeborg is not the only team to have suffered that fate. FCM also ended up losing to Skanderborg where she was also the best player in the match. At 16 she was brought in to a 1 Division match against Lyngby and then she had a save-percentage around the 50%. She still needs her breakthrough on the international youth stage, but you cannot deny her talent and she is mentioned in the Althea Reinhardt-category as a talent.

Laura Nielsen is another one shining this season as well. It was difficult to miss Laura when she played at HEI/VRI but one concern in Silkeborg was that she would have a difficult time shining as bright because they have so many talented players. She has certainly had no trouble proving herself. She had her breakthrough at last years Youth Olympic and there can be no doubt she will be a part of the u18 WC-squad this year.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Romania - Poland now on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAmvWAc ... e=youtu.be
Valcea Tournament.
Unfortunatelly no named of scorers shawn ...only times and general score.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:00 pm

International Valcea's tournament :
Tommorow, 18th of february
Slovakia -Poland 10 hour (CET)
Romania- Hungary 12,15 hour (CET)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr742P ... DMNk_7VWzg

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Hungary win final of tournament's 29-21 against Romania. Congrats !

will4104

Postby will4104 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:Hungary win final of tournament's 29-21 against Romania. Congrats !

Thanks. For the record, this team wasn't the Hungarian U16 selection, but the U16 team of NEKA (Hungarian Handball Academy).

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:52 pm

ISF World Schools Championship Handball in Doha, Quatar

I didn't post about this until now because this championship was a PITA to follow because of lack of any sort of coverage - results wise, streaming wise (only a couple of games), etc. :roll:

Now that the semi finals are are happening, the coverage should improve with live streaming avaliable on the IHF-Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ihf.info

Schedule for the semi finals on tuesday, 27. february:

8.45 CET: Germany - Brazil
12.15 CET: Hungary - Denmark
idle banter.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 am

The Danish u18-NT for the matches against Hungary.

I think Tuborg is having some difficulties deciding on who he can rely on with this generation. He has a main core of four players - being Anna Kristensen, Emilie Steffensen, Anna Wierzba and Anne Hykkelbjerg. Right back is probably the biggest question mark. Alberte Madsen was brought to the championship last summer but didn't really play. He seems to really like Line Kolster and with good reason. She is someone who would be interesting to see going up against the best of the best. It's very open who will be selected moving forward. I'm surprised he prefers Faartoft over Michala Møller and that he couldn't find room for Laura Nielsen who offers a completely different set of skills than Steffensen and Bjerre at the left back.

Has Hungary selected their team for the matches? Would be interesting to see what team Denmark is going up against.

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:15 pm

WCH Final: HUN-GER 30-17
Almost humiliating victory. Denmark or Romania were much bigger opponents, the Hungarian girls scored goals when they just liked to. Also it seems Hungary has an extremely talented goalkeeper, a real fanatic player. Congrats!
:shock:

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:22 pm

maz wrote:Has Hungary selected their team for the matches? Would be interesting to see what team Denmark is going up against.

No.
Hungarian team is never announced before the start of a tournament. It's a complete surprise for the spectators on the first day who is in the team:)
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:00 pm

The Danish u20-team for the upcoming matches. Easy to notice that Lea Hansen is still not being considered by Heine but Hougaard and Hansen has been great this season. Elver already being picked over a player like Mette Brandt also doesn't make that much sense for me. Let her rest instead of forcing her back in the team especially with players like Brandt, Clara Høgh, Rikke Thorngaard, AC Lundbye.

With Nicoline Olsen being injured, there will be a fight for the two RB-spots between Hylleberg, Lundgreen and Kindberg. Other than the obvious star in Ida-Marie Dahl, I think Lagerbon will surprise people at the championship in the summer. She is such a talented player and will end up being a leader on the team as she is for Fredericia. Laura Jensen is a good player but I think there are a decent amount of more talented players on her position. It's an exciting team with a ton of senior-experience now.

Return to “Female Handball”