Danish National Team - "a new beginning"

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Danish National Team - "a new beginning"

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 pm

maz wrote:

So we agree on everything expect Mulle :D I don't think Mulle belongs on the National Team anymore.

Reason? She was a playmaker in discussion for many big teams.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:00 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:
maz wrote:

So we agree on everything expect Mulle :D I don't think Mulle belongs on the National Team anymore.

Reason? She was a playmaker in discussion for many big teams.

I think Mulle has in the last few seasons been playing her best games against the weaker teams. As the primary option against great defenses she tends to become one-dimensional which is too much of a hit-and-miss when you play in a championship. I get the temptation of Mulle because she is outstanding at finding the pivot in difficult spots. It's just that I don't see her as the best change-of-pace playmaker anymore. I think that's Line Uno.

But I would much rather have the two playmakers right now be Grigel and Mulle than Stine J and Grigel, so with Uno not being considered, I would like Mulle to be on the team. She is still a very good playmaker.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Mulle was awesome against CSM, plus previously in many top matches internationally and not only. It all happened in the last 3 years.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 am

Klavs has a giant default. He has the tendency to overuse the players he believes the most even if they doesn't play well. Mulle is only an example of a player ignored by KBJ. Others players spent their time on bench as well: Woller, Burgaard, or even Line Jørgensen.

I really don't like this kind of coaching. Especially when you have quality on the bench.

So Uno as second playmaker for you maz ? :) You forgot AM Hansen should come back next year. It will mean Stine Jørgensen and Grigel should remain as centre backs. AM Hansen and Haugsted left backs. Besides Klavs seems to have the intention to use Mie Højlund who can play both PM or LB. By the way,,I'm happy Mie refused her selection for the WCh in Germany. I appreciated her lucidity saying her shoulder is not ready for playing this big championships.
A lot of players wouldn't have the same attitude...

In conclusion, no Uno or Rej in NT until 2021. :lol:

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 am

heavenly wrote:So Uno as second playmaker for you maz ? :) You forgot AM Hansen should come back next year. It will mean Stine Jørgensen and Grigel should remain as centre backs.

No. Uno as the third playmaker in the exact role Klavs had a vision of Mulle playing. Stine Jørgensen and Grigel would still be the primary playmakers then as Klavs wants.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:37 pm

But I'm not sure that Klavs wants a 3rd playmaker on bench, maz. He insisted too much to get Højlund for the WCh without success. For me, it's a sign he wanted more a polyvalent player instead of a 3rd real playmaker.

In the future, I'm quite sure Klavs wants to replace Mulle by Højlund. You have to remember he also tried to have her for the Euro in Sweden last year but she declined the offer due to her studies.
Kristina Jørgensen will also disappear of the NT with AM Hansen's comeback. And Burgaard spot in NT is in danger as well. KBJ never really believed in Louise.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm

But I'm not talking about what Klavs wants. That's my point. He wanted to bring the 3rd, change-of-pace playmaker because the took Mulle. That was probably because some of the other choices were not available but that's beside the point. He did pick a change-of-pace playmaker. If he wants to bring that in the future, I think it should be Line Uno. She is, for me, the much better alternative compared to Mulle. Klavs doesn't think that. I don't have a direct line to him unfortunately, so I can only comment on what I would do. Him even considering Højlund for this championship is crazy. She is not 100% and she has been bad throughout the season. Uno and Rej has been so much better than her and are better playmakers than her right now.

I also think Kristina Jørgensen will very quickly surpass Haugsted both in terms of skills (she almost has) and in terms of the NT-hierarchy

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Normally, Haugsted is not that bad in attack. I don't understand what happened to her ?
Even in defense she didn't play well.

Mental problem. :-k Maybe she couldn't hold the pressure to be 1st LB in the absence of AM Hansen.

Talking on our own choice, I would like to see REJ playing 1st center back. But I have to
wait until 2021. :p

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:38 pm

I think Rej, Uno and Grigel would go well together 8:)

Haugsted has been awful. She has turned into the Odense-version of Haugsted where she would just shoot without aim hope for the best and when she is out of confidence, she just passes the ball without any pressure on the defense. Hopefully she can step up.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Please, Klavs. Make it happen 8:) We need these two. Bring back the excitement of the National Team!

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 pm

There were 5 Danish coaches in this World Championship, and yours, Denmark, was the poorest and the weakest.

DENMARK YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Actually it's very easy...they only need to rotate players more to keep their pace...that's it :) And a new trainer...just pick one...anyone really...it will improve the team anyway :)

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am

Think DK players are among the tallest and heaviest in this championship.
So against Sweden we still play the "Klavs offensive" defense.
Roberts - Gullden and Blomstrand couldn't believe their "60 minutes of luck"

Klavs even picked a defense expert for assistent coach. Clearly he wasn't allowed to interact towards the team...

So 4 more years with Klavs until 2021. So fun times to come, this will be a blast.
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 am

The original sin was made by DHF and especially Wilbek in 2015 ! How they could choose a total novice in woman handball (KBJ) as the NT coach ? It's the biggest farce I have ever seen in my life !

I remember the mythical phrase made by Klavs just after his nomination: offensive defense will give medals to Denmark. :lol:

2015-2021: the dark age for women NT of Denmark. Unless KBJ will give his dismissal miraculously. :roll:

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am

maz wrote:I think Rej, Uno and Grigel would go well together 8:)

Haugsted has been awful. She has turned into the Odense-version of Haugsted where she would just shoot without aim hope for the best and when she is out of confidence, she just passes the ball without any pressure on the defense. Hopefully she can step up.

Has anyone watched Grigel in Hungary lately? How has she been doing, since she returned from her injury?

I think 3 smaller PMs might be too much, and then there is Offendal too. Not sure in which order Klavs lists them now, if he just wants to test Rej and Offendal in the upcoming matches, and then bring Grigel back for the championship. And if Mulle is completely out of his mind.

Return to “Female Handball”