About the CSM Bucharest project

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

About the CSM Bucharest project

Postby barry.romania » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:07 pm

- the current head coach was fired
- Jakob Vestergaard will arrive on 15th February for negotiations (80% chances to accept the offer; Mette Klit assistant coach)
- Torstenson, Manea, Tolnai, Brădeanu and Perianu are on their list and CSM opened talks with them
- almost all the club`s money will go to the handball team; they will keep only the only this department and the rugby one
- CSM Bucharest will play at Sala Polivalentă (5300 seats) until the end of 2015 when the new indoor arena of the capital will be opened (12000-15000 seats)
- an academy will be opened

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/ha ... l-12008102

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Re: About the CSM Bucharest project

Postby Silviu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:53 pm

barry.romania wrote:- the current head coach was fired
True.

barry.romania wrote:- Jakob Vestergaard will arrive on 15th February for negotiations (80% chances to accept the offer; Mette Klit assistant coach)
80% according to vice-mayor. Maybe 0% according to JV.

barry.romania wrote:- Torstenson, Manea, Tolnai, Brădeanu and Perianu are on their list and CSM opened talks with them
We don't know for sure. Maybe they are just wished. We will see.

barry.romania wrote:- almost all the club`s money will go to the handball team; they will keep only the only this department and the rugby one
We will see.

barry.romania wrote:- CSM Bucharest will play at Sala Polivalentă (5300 seats) until the end of 2015 when the new indoor arena of the capital will be opened (12000-15000 seats)
Rapid Hall is a small one and yet it was half empty at most of CSM games. Playing now in a larger hall will not help the team. And about the new hall: I think there are already 4-5 years since I hear about this new hall, but so far I don't think they even have the design.

barry.romania wrote:- an academy will be opened
We will see.

Ok, all my comments are addressed to ProSport's article, not to you, barry. :) But what if Vestergard is not coming? Or if he's coming but reject the offer? I don't think opening a new thread at this moment is a good idea. No offence. :)

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Silviu wrote:
barry.romania wrote:- CSM Bucharest will play at Sala Polivalentă (5300 seats) until the end of 2015 when the new indoor arena of the capital will be opened (12000-15000 seats)
Rapid Hall is a small one and yet it was half empty at most of CSM games. Playing now in a larger hall will not help the team. And about the new hall: I think there are already 4-5 years since I hear about this new hall, but so far I don't think they even have the design.

I would go to see them more if they'll play in Polivalenta. :D Now that Margulescu is out,also helps :)

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Silviu wrote:Rapid Hall is a small one and yet it was half empty at most of CSM games. Playing now in a larger hall will not help the team.

but right now CSM Bucharest is a middle team. last year it was worse. they have some solid players but that`s all.

Silviu wrote:And about the new hall: I think there are already 4-5 years since I hear about this new hall, but so far I don't think they even have the design.

Silviu, you`re pissing me off! 80 million euros are allocated (50 from the government, by this protocol). the land is acquired, evaluations, etc. when to build it? in the winter?

http://gov.ro/ro/stiri/primul-ministru- ... sti&page=4

Silviu wrote:I don't think opening a new thread at this moment is a good idea. No offence. :)

but where to talk? in the transfers thread? to fill a thread there and annoy people? if you want to move the discussion, no problem, just talk to the mods.
Last edited by barry.romania on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Silviu wrote:80% according to vice-mayor. Maybe 0% according to JV.

Surely bringing Mette Klit is a strong hint that Vestergaard is likely to come here, no?

The hall will be built and will host the 2017 EC Gymnastics : http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/gi ... i-11749309

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:51 pm

^ Posting links from the same newspaper won't make me more trustful. No offence :). Luckily, barry found the proper link for me, so I believe this time is official: Bucharest will finally have a decent hall. Of course, many project have started en-fanfare but then took a wrong turn: the sports-halls in Craiova or Cluj for instance. Let's pray to God it won't be the case here. A new hall in Bucharest is badly needed, even if a 15.000 seats-hall is way too small than I expected for such a large city.
Please, don't take me wrong, I am not against any project at CSM București. In fact, I am a fan of the team and I really hope for the best. I am also a supporter of Vestergaard and I am looking forward to see him training once again a Romanian team. All I wanted to ask was a little caution. We've seen many discussions on chat and forum regarding Emilia Turey's transfer to CSM and we all know how it ended. I just suggested to wait a little bit before opening a thread; in the meantime, any debate regarding this subject could have very well been held here. But of course, I do not challenge barry's right to open it, because I don't think it is against the rules :).

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 am

Mette Klit is the new head coach I heard.

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:49 am

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:27 pm

you meant Do Nascimento signed CSM Bucharest? :o :o I`m shocked! also Fernanda da Silva who is always one of the scorers of the Brazilian NT and Ana Paula Rodrigues.
Last edited by barry.romania on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

barry.romania wrote:
MINAURHCMBM wrote:http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/handbal/samba-do-romania-csm-bucuresti-vrea-sa-construiasca-in-capitala-o-echipa-de-nivel-european-418729.html

you meant Do Nascimento signed CSM Bucharest? :o :o I`m shocked! also Fernanda da Silva who is always one of the scorers of the Brazilian NT and Ana Paula Rodrigues.

I am not marian ursescu.luckely.

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:45 pm

barry.romania wrote:he`s probably laughing about us anyway. #-o but to lie in such a newspaper? I don`t really remember Gazeta Sporturilor doing this or this journalist.

The same one who said Peter the Terrible about Peter Kovacs? :D

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:47 pm

barry.romania wrote:he`s probably laughing about us anyway. #-o but to lie in such a newspaper? I don`t really remember Gazeta Sporturilor doing this or this journalist.

That's right. :lol: But it wouldn't be the first time GSP writes fake handball infos.This time it's a first,a first page lie probably.

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:21 pm

So, Romania is gettng new galactice? :lol:

cosimon
Regular

Postby cosimon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 pm

So is it true or not then, cause I'm totally puzzled now??? Are they coming or not to CSM???

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 pm

it should be true, because it was on the front page of the gazette! and we all know Gazeta Sporturilor is a serious newspaper when we talk about the digital edition.

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:So, Romania is gettng new galactice? :lol:

awful nickname

cosimon
Regular

Postby cosimon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:22 am

So, it is a madness going on in Romania these days, about this CSM project. I would be very happy if it happened, that would be very good for our handball. On the other hand, I hate journalists like Hutu, Ursescu and those from Digi who are desperately trying to put in shadow the project from HCM Baia Mare by praising the project from Bucharest. They are so envious of the fact that they are no longer privileged journalists (as they used to be at Oltchim, where they were first to know everything, they were close friends with the corrupted management) that they desperately want another team close to them. To be perfectly understood I am extremely happy that CSM has fired Marculescu and they took on Mette Klit (maybe even Vestergaard), that they are transferring these days good players, but these so called journalists need to stop from playing this dirty game. They are trying to divide the handball fans into 2 teams now: Bucharest vs Baia Mare, which is so pity. They should be ashamed of themselves. But, hey guess what: they have no notion of such word as shame. The real handball fans will not allow themselves be dragged in this dirty game.

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 am

cosimon wrote:So, it is a madness going on in Romania these days, about this CSM project. I would be very happy if it happened, that would be very good for our handball. On the other hand, I hate journalists like Hutu, Ursescu and those from Digi who are desperately trying to put in shadow the project from HCM Baia Mare by praising the project from Bucharest. They are so envious of the fact that they are no longer privileged journalists (as they used to be at Oltchim, where they were first to know everything, they were close friends with the corrupted management) that they desperately want another team close to them. To be perfectly understood I am extremely happy that CSM has fired Marculescu and they took on Mette Klit (maybe even Vestergaard), that they are transferring these days good players, but these so called journalists need to stop from playing this dirty game. They are trying to divide the handball fans into 2 teams now: Bucharest vs Baia Mare, which is so pity. They should be ashamed of themselves. But, hey guess what: they have no notion of such word as shame. The real handball fans will not allow themselves be dragged in this dirty game.

=D>

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:19 am

If the project in Bucharest is really true (because I think the one in Baia Mare is), then this is all I have to say for both of them: =D> =D> =D>
Still, I think there is a difference between the two: while people in Baia Mare (board, sponsors, public) are very close to the phenomenon called handball, I think the officials in Bucharest are just eager for short-term fame. I'm afraid that, if the project won't work very well at the beginning, they will not have the calm and patience to continue preparing and further finance this idea. And they are starting (as Oltchim did) from the wrong premises, first signing players and only then a coach. It should be the other way around. Anyway (again, if it's true!), I wish them all the luck in the world!
But (for the third time, if the project is true :D), that would probably mean the end of the road for two great players: Alina Dobrin and Cristina Vărzaru. Chapeau! for two exemplary careers.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:36 am

As I see it right now, we're talking about a non-existing "project". For a country where there isn't much happening [except for talking] I find the usage of the term "project" quite abusive.
Without being mean to any of the users here (but with all intention of being critical to all those "journalists", sport loving mayors and "sports managers" out there in our country), these is taken from the M-W dictionary:
proj·ect
noun
: a planned piece of work that has a specific purpose (such as to find information or to make something new) and that usually requires a lot of time

How many of these attributes do you think the CSMB thingy is compliant with?

Also, how much good do you think all this newspaper bla-bla is doing to the current players and managers, who should focus on their objective (which, before the season was to get in the play-off)?

cosimon
Regular

Postby cosimon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:39 am

The last thing that I would like to see is the fans from HCM Baia Mare fighting foolishly with the fans from CSM Bucharest and vice versa, trying to say whose project is better and laughing at each other. Once again, people, do not allow yourselves be dragged into this dirty game initiated by Hutu, Ursescu and those from Digi, it is not worth doing it. Let's be happy for the Romanian handball and support the Romanian teams, whichever they might be. Let's appreciate the handball and let the value of the teams speak for itself.

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:55 am

Quick head2head HCM BAIA MARE vs Bucharest CSM.
PRO BAIA MARE:
1.Tradition in handball.Its a small city which basicly lives for one sport: handball.Something like Kiel.
2.Because of this tradition ,thanks to a 70-80's phenomenon all over the country called: MINAUR.It was like The Beatles, people stamp on each other to watch MINAUR BAIA MARE. People from different cities came to see MINAUR.Thanks to this fan base, Baia Mare citizens grew into fans which has very good knowledge of the game.
3.Passion for the team.At Vienna,against hypo, HCM BAIA MARE had 500 travelling fans.In December 13, when HCM played at cluj napoca, HCM fans totally dominated the U cluj fans on their home court.Which never happened to them.

Also, when vestergaard with oltchim at baia mare it was shocked by the fans of baia mare.He wrote on his fb account.Check if you don't trust me.Just to coach HCM BAIA MARE, Vestergaard would walk all the way from Denmark to Baia Mare. :-"

4.At youth level,in baia mare ,1300 kids are involved in handball.In a city of 130.000 people.Thanks to this youth system, in the current squad there is many home town players such as: Geiger,Eliza Buceschi, Timeea Tatar, Renata Ghionea and others.Of course, are not gorbicz level, but some are good.Eliza and Geiger made 1st league debut at 16 years old.Eliza played in the same team with her mother :D

Cons-BAIA MARE
1.Small sports hall.Only 2200 seats.
2.Small city, not a power house financialy...cant compete again Bucharest,dooh.
3.Too far from(600km) main Romanian mass media city :Bucharest.This is why rarely gazeta or prosport you can read exclusive interviews.Even DIGI(RDS-RCS) which has signed a contract with HCM BAIA MARE, didn't televised all domestic matches.

PRO CSM BUCHAREST
1.Biggest city, big financial potential.
2.Bucharest has a sport arena 5000 and other which is about to be built, 12000.
3.Mass media.If HCM BAIA MARE would it sign all those Brazilians, would had never been on the front page of the biggest sports newspaper.

CONS-CSM BUCHAREST
1.Handball has not a big interest in Bucharest.People just don't care about handball.Bucharest people likes 2 sports:going to the Mall's(already have 12, more to be built) and Football Club Steaua.
2.CSM doesn't have a fan base.Ask a citizen from Bucharest, to tell you 2 players of csm, it will not be able name 2 players.In Bucharest , people will go to to support a handball team, if it associates that team to Steaua Bucharest .

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 pm

mikh wrote:As I see it right now, we're talking about a non-existing "project". For a country where there isn't much happening [except for talking] I find the usage of the term "project" quite abusive.
Without being mean to any of the users here (but with all intention of being critical to all those "journalists", sport loving mayors and "sports managers" out there in our country), these is taken from the M-W dictionary:
proj·ect
noun
: a planned piece of work that has a specific purpose (such as to find information or to make something new) and that usually requires a lot of time

How many of these attributes do you think the CSMB thingy is compliant with?

Also, how much good do you think all this newspaper bla-bla is doing to the current players and managers, who should focus on their objective (which, before the season was to get in the play-off)?

Perfectly understable and valid point here. Bucharest can easily back a handball women team, as 2 million euros is small change for them. But having the money and creating a team are two entirely different things.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:56 pm

MINAURHCMBM wrote:CONS-CSM BUCHAREST
1.Handball has not a big interest in Bucharest.People just don't care about handball.Bucharest people likes 2 sports:going to the Mall's(already have 12, more to be built) and Football Club Steaua.
2.CSM doesn't have a fan base.Ask a citizen from Bucharest, to tell you 2 players of csm, it will not be able name 2 players.In Bucharest , people will go to to support a handball team, if it associates that team to Steaua Bucharest .

I told you once,but you didn't understand,so.. :) There is interest for handball in Bucharest.Don't you think that in a city with such a big population like Bucharest, let's say 60000 would be interested in handball?And don't you think that a similar thing could happen to CSM just like it happened to Valcea or Baia Mare?A good team will always atract spectators.I can assure you that if CSM will play in Europe, the 5,300 would be full and that can be also said about the new hall ,when it will be finished.For your information sport in Bucharest is not only about Steaua.You can see here that there is a small difference in the number of spectators between Steaua and Dinamo.When Constanta played their CL games there were spectators,when Dinamo played in CEV CL there were fans ,even if the last event got almost no exposure in the press.If CSM will be a top team,a have my doubts about it,fans will come even if the team hasn't got the Steaua or Dinamo name attached.And about Vestergaard to Baia Mare.I can assure you that at this point he won't come even if you paid him the salary he got in Valcea. :lol: The man wanted to return home to his family and for that he even accepted jobs under his level.I just hope both team will be for many years at the top of Romanian handball,since I believe competition will alwyas help teams,players,officials improve.
Last edited by Des57 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:10 pm

ok.

Return to “Female Handball”