Availability for National Team

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Availability for National Team

Postby masch1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:31 am

I couldn't find a topic for players who are/aren't available for their national team but are still playing on toplevel. Please feel free to deleate it admins, if there is another topic somewhere.

Camilla Dalby is no longer available for the danish NT. She wants to focus on her club and final4.

Other active danish players not available are Augustesen, Lyksborg, Svalastog

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Availability for National Team

Postby Des57 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:47 am

Don't know if her curent level would have made her part of the team or not(IMO not),but Varzaru retired long ago from NT.
I also don't know what's the status of Ionela Stanca.There was a time when she decided to refuse the NT,then she changed her mind,then she changed it again. :) Maybe someone knows better and can help me with that.
Good news as Silviu already wrote,Chintoan will return to NT after a long,long time.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 am

Thank you for opening the topic, @masch! :)
I will move my post here, so:
If true, this is good news: Roza Chintoan is joining again the Romanian National Team. And finally, Tadici is trying with a real left handed right-back, Janina Luca. (link)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:04 pm

NP silviu :)

Des, if Mikkelsen can play CWC and score 5/6, Varzaru can also play NT :lol:

Anja Hammerseng-Edin quits the norwegian NT but like Dalby, she doesn't refuse to return on a later time

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Silviu wrote:Thank you for opening the topic, @masch! :)
I will move my post here, so:
If true, this is good news: Roza Chintoan is joining again the Romanian National Team. And finally, Tadici is trying with a real left handed right-back, Janina Luca. (link)

Chintoan is good news and I think Luca too. He has nothing to lose, since that's our weakest position. Overall Luca has had a good season in Vâlcea and I think playing in a club which is in a difficult situation helped her become more responsible. I am curious whether she will make a mark at the NT. I hope she does.
Also, since the FRH is discussing about not tolerating the refusals of players being called to the NT, how will this impact the relationship Geiger - NT - Tadici, if she's ever called?

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:27 pm

"Anja Hammerseng-Edin quits the norwegian NT but like Dalby, she doesn't refuse to return on a later time"

It's a bad news both for the Norvegian team and even for Anja. I still belive, that she would have additional value in LB/CB positions together with Alstad/Molid/Breivang/Oftedal. Possibly she has her reason.

Regarding Dalby, if there is a healthy Jörgensen/Burgaard duo, LB position can be OK for Denmark and she won't be missed too much

Bob Rock

Postby Bob Rock » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 pm

bajkalb wrote:"Anja Hammerseng-Edin quits the norwegian NT but like Dalby, she doesn't refuse to return on a later time"

It's a bad news both for the Norvegian team and even for Anja. I still belive, that she would have additional value in LB/CB positions together with Alstad/Molid/Breivang/Oftedal. Possibly she has her reason.

Regarding Dalby, if there is a healthy Jörgensen/Burgaard duo, LB position can be OK for Denmark and she won't be missed too much

She said she was 1/3 of time per year not present in her son's life, and wants to concentrate more on family. It goes like that when you're in 30's ;)
Personally, I would love to see Gro one more time in NT, but it is highly unlikely. IMO when she is at her worse, she is still way better than Karo, Linn and Linka who had so many poor games played in last 6 months.
Agree about Dalby, I guess nobody will notice she is not there.

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:41 pm

bajkalb wrote:"Anja Hammerseng-Edin quits the norwegian NT but like Dalby, she doesn't refuse to return on a later time"

Well, she is just one more of many norwegian players who don't want to play on the NT, along with Leganger and Gro Hammerseng Edin ++, But on the bright side this gives the younger players more playing time and more development. :)

jayjay89
Regular

Postby jayjay89 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:49 pm

I will move my post here, so

Good Idea, certainly, I think masch as the OP, is obligated to maintain the topic, and produce a list, which can be updated..

Otherwise we should just start a list, and the "Quote" it, when theres something new, eg:

Active players, that for some reason(other than age perhaps) is not available for the National Team.

Denmark:
- Camilla Dalby
- Louise Lyksborg
- Mie Agustesen
- Louise Svalastog

Norway:
- Anja Hammerseng Edin

come to think of it.. it might be stupid, because theres a lot of players who quits NT, but still has a good active career.. what do you think?
Dane Living in swedish excile...

Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord.... Loving it here, but missing home

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:01 pm

There is probably only one serious name in Russia on the list: Anna Kochetova.
And maybe Inna Suslina, but she's a specific case.
Olga Akopyan (Levina) was not called to the first NT training camp after her comeback, but I think she'll be invited later.

The others players in acceptable handball ages like Bliznova, Sedoykina or Dmitrieva quit handball, so they are no longer active players.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:05 pm

jayjay89 wrote:

Good Idea, certainly, I think masch as the OP, is obligated to maintain the topic, and produce a list, which can be updated..

Otherwise we should just start a list, and the "Quote" it, when theres something new, eg:

Active players, that for some reason(other than age perhaps) is not available for the National Team.

Denmark:
- Camilla Dalby
- Louise Lyksborg
- Mie Agustesen
- Louise Svalastog

Norway:
- Anja Hammerseng Edin

come to think of it.. it might be stupid, because theres a lot of players who quits NT, but still has a good active career.. what do you think?

I thought it was a necessary topic because so many players seem to not be available for the NT at the moment, that I can't remember them all and I like to know that before I start complaining why the coach is not picking them :P

I don't think an updated list is necessary, people can just go back in the topic and look like with the injuries topic, but if you disagree feel free to keep one :)

One more name: Gitte Andersen

jayjay89
Regular

Postby jayjay89 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:48 pm

masch1 wrote:
jayjay89 wrote:

Denmark:
- Camilla Dalby
- Louise Lyksborg
- Mie Agustesen
- Louise Svalastog

Norway:
- Anja Hammerseng Edin

I thought it was a necessary topic because so many players seem to not be available for the NT at the moment, that I can't remember them all and I like to know that before I start complaining why the coach is not picking them :P

I don't think an updated list is necessary, people can just go back in the topic and look like with the injuries topic, but if you disagree feel free to keep one :)

One more name: Gitte Andersen

For the list to wook, people should edit it themselves.. therefore you should edit the quotation and list Gitte.. has she resign from NT?
But a list will never work, theres too many who retires for who knows what reason...
Dane Living in swedish excile...

Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord.... Loving it here, but missing home

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:06 pm

I don't think Gitte has retired but she is busy with her studies as far as I know. Besides she has had so many knee injuries, that I'm not sure alot of NT matches and practice would be a great idea for her.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Two must-lists from Netherlands:

Maura Visser
Pearl van der Wissel

Visser's story not playing for NT is quite well known, but what about P.v.d.W.?

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Pearl has been injured quite alot in this season so perhaps that's why?

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:05 pm

Chintoan refuzed again to play for NT. :(

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:37 pm

^ Though you know my critical view about Tadici, this time I think she is very wrong. Although I can respect someone's decision, it is my believe that, on long term, she is the one who has to lose. Also, it is clear for me now that she will never leave Jolidon Cluj and will burry what could have been a good career into an average team. It reminds me of another talented player, Alina Dobrin, who chose to stay in Bucharest no matter what, even when her best friend Cristina Vărzaru took the decision to play abroad.

Anyway, I think this decision will leave more space to Georgiana Ciuciulete, a talented and hardworking player. I just hope Tadici won't decide to replace Chintoan in attack with the awful Pintea.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Silviu wrote:^ Though you know my critical view about Tadici, this time I think she is very wrong. Although I can respect someone's decision, it is my believe that, on long term, she is the one who has to lose. Also, it is clear for me now that she will never leave Jolidon Cluj and will burry what could have been a good career into an average team. It reminds me of another talented player, Alina Dobrin, who chose to stay in Bucharest no matter what, even when her best friend Cristina Vărzaru took the decision to play abroad.

Anyway, I think this decision will leave more space to Georgiana Ciuciulete, a talented and hardworking player. I just hope Tadici won't decide to replace Chintoan in attack with the awful Pintea.

I totally agree with you, Silviu.We all know Tadici,but you're not playing for him,you're playing for your country.It's her decision,but it's also her loss.For me ,when you decide to become a pro athlete, you should be open to changing teams,towns ,even countries.There aren't many examples of players that remain all their carrear to a single team.If you're not even open to chage town it's a big question mark for me about her as a pro and what she wants for her in handball.

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Heidi Loke decided to take a break (she didn't say how long) from national team. She wants to focus more on her family.
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:17 am

Maura Visser brings apologies for her 2011 conflict in Dutch NT with coach Henk Groener and some teammates and wants to return to the NT. Will they hear it?
http://nos.nl/artikel/703153-visser-wil ... ranje.html

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:22 am

Norway:
Karine Lunde Haraldsen (pregnant)
Kristine Lunde Borgersen
Heidi Løke
Isabel Blanco
Marit Malm Frafjord (injuried)
Anja Hammerseng Edin
Gro Hammerseng Edin
Tine Stange (injuried)
Mari Molid (injuried)
Amanda Kurtovic (injuried)

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:34 pm

jensm wrote:Amanda Kurtovic (injuried)

Again? She's so unlucky..

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Maybe she'll think differently when she cools off, but Andrea Penezić announce that she won't play for NT anymore (in croatian - http://www.hrsport.net/vijesti/480014/r ... ma-smisla/ )

So, maybe Croatia won't be bad draw for wc qualification play-off...
Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Deuce wrote:Maybe she'll think differently when she cools off,

She cools off :D
She deny her previous statement on national television, she explain: "I was a hot-head".
Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Wbk wrote:There is probably only one serious name in Russia on the list: Anna Kochetova.

journalist: - After every match fans appeal they want to see Anna Kochetova back in the NT. It is possible for you to return?
Kochetova: - We will see. But surely not under Trefilov, it's not a coach for me.
Last edited by Wbk on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Female Handball”