Faith
Extra Member

Re: handball interviews

Postby Faith » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:48 pm

swarthofole wrote:
Faith wrote:Interview with Zita Szucsánszki and Anikó Kovacsics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBIa-ZC ... ture=share

Excerpt from the conversation:
Szucsánszki: "During the whole season we were preparing for this, so now we are trying to reach the Final Four which will take place a few streets away. In order to get there this is the last step. We will put all our energy into this match. We have injured players, but everybody will be ready for this clash."

Some transcription/ translation? or you posted all important things she said?

Sorry, I translated it, and also sorry for the mistakes I made in the text. Sometimes I just couldn't find the right words, because some phrases are not even existing in English opposite to the Hungarian language. :D

Question: Before the game against Bucharest, how big is the boost you got after the last weekend's fantastic success?
Kovacsics A.: It gives us healthy self-confidence, we know what we can do and we can continue the season airily, it is important, because Bucharest is very strong, all the players are world class. We do not expect much good in Romania.
Szucsánszki Z.: A lot of fans (Romanians) will be there, unfortunately we got quite a few tickets compared that they should've gave us 10% from it, but they were explaining it away. We knew this will happen, but in return, it will be a good atmosphere at home.
Kovacsics A.: The audience won't influence us. We were in other places, where the fans were cheering on their team with catcalling the guest team. It will motivate us, give us a plus, that they will deal with us, not with their own team.
Szucsánszki Z.: When we are on the court, it won't influence us that they are cheering against our team. We always focus on our fans and try to hear only the positive things. If we'll play well, we hope that our fans will be louder.

Question: What can be they key on this match?
Kovacsics A.: The attitude and the team. We have to fight until the end and play like we did it at our previous matches.
Question: Regarding to the rematch, what is the result you would be satisfied with?
Kovacsics A.: I'm not saying anything in advance. If we'll play like we can - and we did - until now, than we will be satisfied.
Szucsánszki Z.: During the whole season we were preparing for this, so now we are trying to reach the Final Four which will take place a few streets away. In order to get there this is the last step. We will put all our energy into this match. We have injured players, but everybody will be ready for this clash.

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:06 pm

[quote="Faith"][quote="swarthofole"][quote="Faith"]Interview with Zita Szucsánszki and Anikó Kovacsics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBIa-ZC ... ture=share

Szucsánszki Z.: A lot of fans (Romanians) will be there, unfortunately we got quite a few tickets compared that they should've gave us 10% from it, but they were explaining it away. We knew this will happen, but in return, it will be a good atmosphere at home.

The Hall has 5000 places, FTC got 600 tickets. How it that less than 10%?

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 pm

eduardsson wrote:
Faith wrote:
swarthofole wrote:

FTC got about 250 tickets.

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 am

Ambros Martin and Kari Aalvik Grimsbø before the match against Metz:

Ambors Martin: "There is no easy match in the Champions League, we are going to play quarter finals this time, we are preparing for a tough clash against Metz, furthermore we are going to play away. Metz has great results recently, we need to handle this well - the most important is that we have to do our best and then we can reach good result. Injured players are fine, but we're going to wait until the last minute of the warming-up and then decide who is able to play."

(As far as I know Broch, Knedlíkova and Hársfalvi are the injured players.)

Kari Aalvik Grimsbø: "I'm expecting tough game against Metz, but it's always a good feeling to play in Champions League among strong teams. I think after the last weekend's results we are more motivated, we are going to try to correct our mistakes and we trust in ourselves, because we have a plenty of excellent players, so we can do it together. Everybody has to concentrate, but I think we are ready for the weekend."

http://www.gyorietokc.hu/hu/hirek/view/ ... ztul-vezet

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:14 am

Faith wrote:Sorry, I translated it, and also sorry for the mistakes I made in the text. Sometimes I just couldn't find the right words, because some phrases are not even existing in English opposite to the Hungarian language. :D

Question: Before the game against Bucharest, how big is the boost you got after the last weekend's fantastic success?
Kovacsics A.: It gives us healthy self-confidence, we know what we can do and we can continue the season airily, it is important, because Bucharest is very strong, all the players are world class. We do not expect much good in Romania.
Kovacsics A.: The audience won't influence us. We were in other places, where the fans were cheering on their team with catcalling the guest team. It will motivate us, give us a plus, that they will deal with us, not with their own team.
Szucsánszki Z.: When we are on the court, it won't influence us that they are cheering against our team. We always focus on our fans and try to hear only the positive things. If we'll play well, we hope that our fans will be louder.

Question: What can be they key on this match?
Kovacsics A.: The attitude and the team. We have to fight until the end and play like we did it at our previous matches.
Question: Regarding to the rematch, what is the result you would be satisfied with?
Kovacsics A.: I'm not saying anything in advance. If we'll play like we can - and we did - until now, than we will be satisfied.
Szucsánszki Z.: During the whole season we were preparing for this, so now we are trying to reach the Final Four which will take place a few streets away. In order to get there this is the last step. We will put all our energy into this match. We have injured players, but everybody will be ready for this clash.

Thank you for your efforts.
Sooo classic. "I don't mind about their fans, I will hear only mine", bla bla things. And at home: "Sure, our fans are the greatest and when they cheer they motivate us and I hear them all". :D
No offense, they all are saying this (not only Zita and Aniko) and I consider this question a very stupid one. I hate those "journalists".
Live long and prosper.

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Interview with Yvette Broch (Győr) and Anikó Kovacsics (FTC) on EHF's official site:

Broch: http://www.ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/arti ... NAL4+quest
Kovacsics: http://www.ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/arti ... ng+is+open

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Cristina Neagu about Buducnost, their ambition, feelings etc. http://sportklub.rs/Blog/Blog-ostalo/a1 ... -kraj.html

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:50 am

Gábor Elek: "Before the match in Bucharest they told us, that there will be "hell" in their hall, but that was far from hell. All of their fans got a horn in the entrance, but without those they couldn't be loud at all. Anyway in my opinion the players and the fans of Bucharest will see on Saturday what is the real cheering."
From the statement: The team is in a good mood, they are not tense, they were singing at the last training and smiling a lot. There will be full house and they also mentioned in the statement, that from Bucharest only the VIP persons will be there + those who bought ticket online.
(In my personal opinion Fradi really wants to win, no matter with how many goals 1-2 or 6, they want to show that they are a good team and of course win at home court.)

http://www.fradi.hu/hu/en/news/szakoszt ... 14/c/16485

UPDATE: I have found an interview with Anikó Kovacsics in a tabloid...
Question: How do you prepare for the match?
Kovacsics A.: We have analysed the mistakes we made in the first match. We messed up the endgame, we got a lot of goals in a short time and with this we put ourselves in a difficult situation.

Question: Is it an advantage that you're going to play the rematch at home court?
Kovacsics A.: It is, because we always play in good atmosphere. I'm pretty sure that our fans will do their best, in Bucharest they also made good atmosphere, but at home court... they will outdo themselves.

Question: Is it motivating that the F4 is organised in Budapest?
Kovacsics A.: Of course, it'd mean a lot if we could play at home in the Final Four. At the same time we would be motivated - as we are now - if the F4 would take place somewhere else. We will do everything to reach our goal.

http://www.blikk.hu/sport/csapat/kovacs ... as/cbr83j3

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Dragan Adzic on almost two decades with Buducnost

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 am

CSMthenewpower

Postby CSMthenewpower » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 am

In this exclusive interview with stregspiller.com, she explains why she decided to join CSM Bucuresti now, what it would mean for her leaving Buducnost with another Champions League trophy and why she feels pride when playing for her country.

http://www.stregspiller.com/i-am-running-out-of-time/
C S M B U C U R E S T I

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Interview with Ekaterina Barkalova, best scorer of the Superliga:

http://kavkaz.mk.ru/articles/2017/04/26/nasha-katya-luchshe-vsekh.html

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

Exclusive interview with Cristina Neagu on ChampSport International Sport Agency's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/champsport.int ... 30444152:0

1. How do you feel about having the exact same teams and draw in the EHF Champions League FINAL4? Do you feel like that ZRK Buducnost got a second chance after last year’s fourth place?
"No, I’m not comparing the last season with this one. Buducnost was at the FINAL4 every year since the competition is played in this format. We are looking forward to play again in Budapest and we hope to play the big final this year."

2. What will you do differently this time?
"We have nothing to loose, so we'll be more relaxed and try to play our game. The pressure is on Győr, not on us."

3. It has been announced that you signed with CSM Bucuresti for the next season. How would you feel about playing the final against the reigning champion?
"First of all, I will be very happy if we play the final, no matter who will be there. If we meet CSM in the final I’ll give my best for my actual team, Buducnost. Only when I finish the season will think about CSM. :-)"

4. Why did you decide to move back to Romania? Is there any personal reason behind your decision?
"One of my dreams is winning Champions League with a Romanian team and I felt this is the right moment to go home and try that with CSM. However, the fact, that I will play in my home city for the first time since juniors, surrounded by my family, friends and Romanian fans, counted a lot."

5. This will be your last two month playing with Buducnost and most of your team mates are going to play somewhere else. Do you feel emotional about that?
"Yes, of course. It was four great years in Buducnost and we want to play with a good result in FINAL4. It would be amazing if we'll succeed and win the trophy together because we play for the last time in this formation."

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Gojira wrote:Interview with Ekaterina Barkalova, best scorer of the Superliga:

http://kavkaz.mk.ru/articles/2017/04/26/nasha-katya-luchshe-vsekh.html

The Russian league again decreased big. Imagine Rostov beat this team in the quarter-finals by 17 and 24. I don't even know why the Russian federation still uses this system.

http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=handbal ... nd&id=3820

In my country you have at least 10 solid teams, in Russia there are only 5-6 now. Russia isn't a top league anymore.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Tue May 02, 2017 12:50 am

Neagu: an inspiration, a role model, a mentor

Four years ago, the Romanian left back’s career was nothing short of over after another injury setback. After winning the IHF World Handball Player of the Year award in 2010, Neagu was aiming high, but subsequent injuries to her right shoulder and knee left her career in disarray. Fast forward four years and Neagu is now on top of the world. Her sheer ambition, will and grit have powered her directly back to the top. She won the Women ’ s EHF Champions League in 2015, a bronze medal at the World Championship in 2015 and has been the World Handball Player of the Year both in 2015 and 2016.

All the help she needed

Right now, Neagu is the player to watch in women’s handball. A unique combination of power and creativity transformed the Romanian star into a dual threat that is a nightmare to defend against. A role model by definition, both on and off the court, the left back highlights her early time in Buducnost as the catalyst for her comeback.
    “When I signed with Buducnost in 2013, I was not ready to get back on court due to my knee injury. But they helped me a lot. They gave me time and all the support I needed. I went to all the away games with the team and that helped me settle in. From the start, I knew Buducnost was a team I wanted to spend some serious time with. The team grew on me quickly and the reception I got was amazing,” said Neagu.

A role model on the court

Neagu had already lost two WOMEN'S EHF Champions League finals before she managed to win the trophy with Buducnost in 2015, stating that she couldn’t have been happier when she finally raised the trophy. The Romanian star also clinched the top goal scorer spot and Buducnost were looking more powerful and scarier than ever. However, the Montenegrin team ended a cycle and needed a breath of fresh air. Enter Cristina Neagu, the mentor. Several young players have been ushered into the first team ranks, therefore, Neagu had the tough mission of leading the team on the court and helping the youngsters settle into the side. Players like Djurdjina Jaukovic, Vanesa Agovic or Matea Pletikosic will surely remember Neagu as a huge influence on their early careers.
    “It is not easy to make your breakthrough into a team like Buducnost, with such experienced players in their ranks. I mean, they did not find it easy, I felt like they were holding back on requesting help at first, I am sure that they were shy when it came to asking for advice. I am their teammate and I do not want for them to see me as a 'wow' factor, it is pointless for them to watch me train like that. We are trying to help them integrate,” added Neagu, who inadvertently becomes a role model for any youngster trying to break through the ranks.

Neagu-mania in Romania

Hundreds of Romanian fans flock in her direction every time the national team plays at home, as well as the Montenegrin ones after the Buducnost games; Neagu often extends her stay well after the end of the game, sometimes up to two hours and beyond to sign autographs and take pictures. In a country where the sport was near rock bottom, the 28-year-old superstar is a breath of fresh air and a symbol of how talent and hard work can help you achieve greatness. The Neagu-mania will surely be even greater in Romania, when the left back will step onto court for CSM Bucuresti, a club with which she has signed a two-year contract starting next summer. Expect packed halls all over the country, with the marquee signing already being advertised by CSM, who are seriously looking like the team to beat for the next two seasons. Neagu has already stated that coming back to Romania, especially to her home city, was a plan for a long time and it was the thing to do, even if she had serious offers from all the European powerhouses. In a country that branded handball as “national sport” Neagu’s comeback will surely be on the front page of the newspapers and on loop on all the sports channels. But the Romanian star is still down to earth and hopes to be more than an influencer, rather a trophy chaser.
    “I am overwhelmed by the number of messages I get on social media. Parents and even kids tell me that I am a role model and many of them are taking up handball because of me. I think that being a role model is important and being in this position is everything I dreamed of. I am happy that many kids are saying that they want to be like Neagu. It is very satisfying,” concludes the Romanian superstar.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue May 02, 2017 9:08 am

^ Hi @dydiana, unless I read too quickly, I am missing when and where this interview appeared. Could you please edit this information? Thank you!

LE: Never mind, found it: http://eurohandball.com/article/28420

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Wed May 03, 2017 7:05 pm

A few interview from EHF's official website:

REFLECTING ON ANITA GÖRBICZ’S ROUTE FROM YOUNG FAN TO LOCAL LEGEND IN GYŐR:
http://ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/article/ ... +Gy%C5%91r

BUDUCNOST COACH ADZIC: DEFENCE ALWAYS DECIDES
http://ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/article/ ... ys+decides

CAMILLA HERREM: VARDAR’S POTENTIAL MISSING PIECE FROM THE PUZZLE
http://ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/article/ ... the+puzzle

+ 1 interesting article
BULATOVIC AND VARZARU FIGHT FOR THEIR FIFTH TROPHIES
http://ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/article/ ... h+trophies

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Thu May 04, 2017 2:44 pm

ISABELLE GULLDÉN: CSM’S STALWART WHO PLAYS WITH A SMILE

http://ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/article/ ... th+a+smile

Ambros Martín: Coaching Győr is special

http://ehfcl.com/women/2016-17/article/ ... is+special

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat May 13, 2017 3:05 pm

new Buducnost romanian player Cristina Laslo's intterview.....she met Bud staff on F4 in Budapest :[url][/url] http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/handbal/excl ... 10417.html

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Tue May 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Attachments
820142-18516396-1560217833997315-1795737946-n.jpg
820142-18516396-1560217833997315-1795737946-n.jpg (84.64 KiB) Viewed 2162 times

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed May 17, 2017 11:38 am

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed May 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Gojira wrote:A long and interesting interview with Mayya Petrova (Rostov-Don):

https://www.championat.com/other/article-273306-gandbol-intervju-luchshego-igroka-rostova-don-v-finale-kubka-egf.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zM1V00Ik0k
She should watch this video, before criticizing BBM and Malestein... :roll:

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Wed May 31, 2017 10:41 pm

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Just Bella belissima... regina serenissima http://bit.ly/BellaGulldenSummerSpecial

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Return to “Female Handball”