Danish League 2015-2016

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
thomz
Extra Member

Re: Danish League 2015-2016

Postby thomz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:40 pm

dydiana wrote:
thomz wrote:No, that's not how it works.. I just wrote how it works. I guess you can say they "won" the regular league, but no trophy and just the 1st place for play offs - same competition.

And if Esbjerg will eventually win the Championship, who will get the second spot in CL? The other team who played the final?

Yes, the silver medalists :)

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:58 pm

thomz wrote:Yes, the silver medalists :)

Thanks. Now I completely got it :p

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 pm

You couldn't see Silkeborg was the team in desperate need of points today. In the first half they got dominated by the SK-defense with Tranborg as the enforcer. She was especially hard on Troelsen and that probably destroyed her rhythm. The central defense with Tranborg and Hjort just works perfectly. Malene Gandrup was also amazing. I think she stole 3 balls in the first half from her wing-position. The defense made the match a bit easier for player of the match, Anne-Sofie Ernstrøm!

The match also made it clear for me that Pontoppidan deserves talent of the year just as much as Højlund. A rock in defense and a ton of assists. Her outside shooting is slowly improving and if she can add that to her arsenal of weapons, then the league better watch out. Man-to-man she is one of the better players in the league already. The young talents just keep on improving and it's really a joy to watch.

I feel a bit sorry for Silkeborg though. Not that a win would get them in the playoffs but they were slowly coming back in the match, and then Mathias Madsen started screaming at the refs which resulted in a 2min suspension.

SKA will play away in the first leg of the relegation matches and home for the second leg. Bring on either Lyngby or Roskilde.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:17 pm

So to sum up the evenings events:

Final standing after the regular season:
1 Team Esbjerg
2 FC Midtjylland
3 Viborg HK
4 Team Tvis Holstebro
5 Randers HK
6 Nykøbing F
7 København Håndbold
8 Silkeborg-Voel
9 HC Odense
10 SK Aarhus
11 Ringkøbing Håndbold
12 SønderjyskE

Esbjerg and FCM are qualified directly for the semifinals, while the quarterfinals are:
Viborg-Nykøbing Falster -> winner meets FCM in the semifinal
Team Tvis Holstebro-Randers -> winner meets Esbjerg in the semifinal

SK Aarhus and Ringkøbing goes to relegationmatches (SK to meet Lyngby or Roskilde, Ringkøbing to meet Ajax)

Sønderjyske relegates directly.

Official player of the year: Nathalie Hagman

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:09 am

Ref wrote:Ok, but the "winner" of the league before play off has always won the premier CL-spot then? In Norway these are two separate titles, of which the league has the highest prestige. Play off is just a second chance to win a trophy.

No Danish champions always won the direct CL-spot, and no. 1 before play off won the qual. If the same team are no. 1 in league and win the championship the second CL spot goes to the silver medalist.This season is only different because of the 2 fixed spots for next year CL.
And the no. 1 before play offs have only won some advantages regarding the play off. Such as playing second leg at home in semi and final. (but if Esbjerg dont reach the final they get rewarded with a CL spot for being best in the league. When you "just get your head around" this system it's not that complicated :) )

There is absolutely no titles involved in being first in league matches. Only in Norway you hand out all these trophys. I think you changed the system that year Larvik failed to win the play offs and lost the CL spot?
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 pm

Too many matches in Danish League as well ^

A couple of videos:

Mix of clips from CPH matches over the season for those who could not watch TV2 sport:
https://www.facebook.com/KBHBolddk/vide ... 216501542/?

Don't think anyone has posted this? A norwegian video about Veronica Kristiansen and her life in DK, among other things some backstage clips from FCM: http://www.tv2.no/v/976132/

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:04 am

masch1 wrote:Don't think anyone has posted this? A norwegian video about Veronica Kristiansen and her life in DK, among other things some backstage clips from FCM: http://www.tv2.no/v/976132/

Thanks for a great video :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:11 pm

thomz wrote:
masch1 wrote:Don't think anyone has posted this? A norwegian video about Veronica Kristiansen and her life in DK, among other things some backstage clips from FCM: http://www.tv2.no/v/976132/

Thanks for a great video :)

Yes I thought it was good too. Nice to get a view in "behind the scenes" :)

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:45 pm

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Pictures from SKA-Silkeborg Voel. Pictures that show it was a true fight from start 'til the end!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 246&type=3

Mathilde Juncker will play with headgear after her minor concussion. She will use it against Lyngby in the relegation matches. And yeah. SKA going up against Lyngby. I've heard that Lyngby is so much more entertaining to watch than Roskilde, so I'm happy it's them.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:35 pm

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:12 am

Finally it's the night for the quarterfinals in Danish League.

18:30 Randers-TTH
Glad the two teams who are still playing European are meeting each other, or it wouldn't be very fair. Don't expect it to be a very pretty match but hope for a good one. Only Højlund seems to be out (but maybe with a chance she'll play?).

20:30 NFH-Viborg
Hoping for Viborg but it will be hard in NFH homecourt. Haven't heard of any players being out (except maybe Willumsen?)

Liveupdate NFH-VHK: http://viborg-folkeblad.dk/viborg-hk/li ... g-hk-her-0

By the way, just a thought: Might TTH have had an interest in losing to NFH to avoid FCM in semis? After all they have lost to them every single time, they met them in finals. FCM style is such a bad match up for them, even if Esberg has been better. I think they might prefer not to meet FCM, if they beat Randers (who I think they have a good chance to win against) :-k

HammerA
Regular

Postby HammerA » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:46 pm

masch1 wrote:Hoping for Viborg but it will be hard in NFH homecourt. Haven't heard of any players being out (except maybe Willumsen?)

Willumsen and Toftdahl are out, also Gravholt and Karol de Souza are not 100 %

masch1 wrote:By the way, just a thought: Might TTH have had an interest in losing to NFH to avoid FCM in semis? After all they have lost to them every single time, they met them in finals. FCM style is such a bad match up for them, even if Esberg has been better. I think they might prefer not to meet FCM, if they beat Randers (who I think they have a good chance to win against) :-k

Honestly i dont think any team think ahead to the semis when they are not qualified yet. I won't believe that anyone will lose on purpose, when you had the opportunity to get the 3rd place.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:10 pm

HammerA wrote:
masch1 wrote:Hoping for Viborg but it will be hard in NFH homecourt. Haven't heard of any players being out (except maybe Willumsen?)

Willumsen and Toftdahl are out, also Gravholt and Karol de Souza are not 100 %

masch1 wrote:By the way, just a thought: Might TTH have had an interest in losing to NFH to avoid FCM in semis? After all they have lost to them every single time, they met them in finals. FCM style is such a bad match up for them, even if Esberg has been better. I think they might prefer not to meet FCM, if they beat Randers (who I think they have a good chance to win against) :-k

Honestly i dont think any team think ahead to the semis when they are not qualified yet. I won't believe that anyone will lose on purpose, when you had the opportunity to get the 3rd place.

What is the problem with Willumsen? Still the knee injury she got in a match recently?

Pretty sure TTH was already qualified before the match? Just watched Frederiksens interview from the other day, and he also mentioned TTH specifically as the team they've had problems with and would prefer to avoid.

It might be that they didn't set out to lose intentionally, but it might be hard to put yourself up to a game, if you can see it will lead you to a semi vs. a team you have very bad experiences with over a team, which you have better memories of.

On the other hand, TTH played a very ugly match in Paris, so perhaps they are just not better.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 am

masch1 wrote:Finally it's the night for the quarterfinals in Danish League.

18:30 Randers-TTH
Glad the two teams who are still playing European are meeting each other, or it wouldn't be very fair. Don't expect it to be a very pretty match but hope for a good one. Only Højlund seems to be out (but maybe with a chance she'll play?).

Fortunately for the match Mie was not out. :)
1.half
2.half

masch1 wrote:20:30 NFH-Viborg
Hoping for Viborg but it will be hard in NFH homecourt. Haven't heard of any players being out (except maybe Willumsen?)

It didn't look that hard. :-"
1.half
2.half
P.S. Vid quality doesn't look that bad this time I think. :-"
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 am

http://kbhbold.dk/moeistad-forlader-koe ... haandbold/

Soooo. KBH needs a new coach again, again, again.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Mixball wrote:Fortunately for the match Mie was not out. :)

Yes, you don't wanna think of, how it would have looked otherwise ;)

Mixball wrote:
masch1 wrote:20:30 NFH-Viborg

It didn't look that hard. :-"

Haha, no fortunately not. Well, it helps when you've got 2 X Rikke :D

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 pm

maz wrote:http://kbhbold.dk/moeistad-forlader-koebenhavn-haandbold/

Soooo. KBH needs a new coach again, again, again.

Not very surprising, the most surprising part to me is that he apparently chose to leave on his own. Good luck to him, he seems like a very nice person :)

Hope CPH finds a good new coach and please, don't let it be Dalmose...

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Højlund =D> Nice comeback ! It's crazy that a 18yo player is now considered as the best
RHK's player. Instead of Dalby, Schumacher or Westberg, I would be very embarassed. :roll:

RHK - TTH photos: http://dagbladet-holstebro-struer.dk/fo ... vartfinale

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:50 pm

heavenly wrote:Højlund =D> Nice comeback ! It's crazy that a 18yo player is now considered as the best
RHK's player. Instead of Dalby, Schumacher or Westberg, I would be very embarassed. :roll:

No need for them to be embarassed, that would work very poorly for Randers. They should just forget the bad games they played and try to play the best they can for the next quarterfinal - which I'm sure they also try to do.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Fortunately for RHK, TTH is an unstable team. So everything is still possible
for the return match.

In the other quarterfinal, it seems Viborg won't have much problem to eliminate
NFH. Agesen declared his team has only 10-15% now:
http://www.tv3sport.dk/handbold/nyheder ... 5-procent/

I can't wait for the semifinal FCM - VHK. :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:18 pm

heavenly wrote:In the other quarterfinal, it seems Viborg won't have much problem to eliminate
NFH. Agesen declared his team has only 10-15% now

Yeah but if there is one thing, Agesen is good at, it's exactly that. The mental aspect. Convincing his players and everyone else they are underdog and taking all the pressure off. There is no way, I will believe, he truly thinks that ;)

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:27 pm

masch1 wrote:Yeah but if there is one thing, Agesen is good at, it's exactly that. The mental aspect. Convincing his players and everyone else they are underdog and taking all the pressure off. There is no way, I will believe, he truly thinks that ;)

VHK is simply better than NFH. They must be concentrated from the start to the end of the return match. That's all. :)
Viborg is the super favorite now, no doubt on that !

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:29 pm

heavenly wrote:
VHK is simply better than NFH.

Yes, and I really hope they show it for real next match.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:42 pm

heavenly wrote:
masch1 wrote:Yeah but if there is one thing, Agesen is good at, it's exactly that. The mental aspect. Convincing his players and everyone else they are underdog and taking all the pressure off. There is no way, I will believe, he truly thinks that ;)

VHK is simply better than NFH. They must be concentrated from the start to the end of the return match. That's all. :)
Viborg is the super favorite now, no doubt on that !

Yes they are better, but everyone can have a bad day. And I'm 100% sure, that if there's something Agesen haven't done, it's given up ;) There has been so many TTH matches in the past, where they have been down with many goals from 1st leg and and won by an even bigger margin in the 2nd. But fortunately, if what the VHK coach and players are saying on social media can be trusted, they are very well aware of that :)

Return to “Female Handball”