2016 Women’s EHF EURO (Sweden)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
power

Re: 2016 Women’s EHF EURO (Sweden)

Postby power » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi,everyone!

What's going on in the forum,haven't been here for a while.Winter is here,time for some handball.:)

Russia is considered to be a favourite for gold by many. I don't think so.Russia is specialized in WC and OC and never good at EC.
Their best is a silver from 2006 and never play really good at EC.They won't make it to the semis.Mark my words.

My prediction is: from our main round Norway and Hungary will make it to the semis and Russia will be out.

Also Norway will be the champion again but this norwegian EC rule won't last forever as Norway is going down and others emerging.

1.NORWAY
2.NETHERLANDS
3.HUNGARY :)
4.SWEDEN
5. RUSSIA
6.FRANCE

Top scorers: 1.Mörk
2.Gullden
3.Görbicz

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Here are my predictions for EURO 2016 :D

Group A (or S :lol:)
    1.Sweden
    2.Spain
    3.Serbia
    4.Slovenia

Group B
    1.France
    2.Netherlands
    3.Poland
    4.Germany

Group C
    1.Denmark
    2.Hungary
    3.Montenegro
    4.Czech Republic

Group D
    1.Norway
    2.Russia
    3.Romania
    4.Croatia

Main Round 1
    1.France
    2.Sweden
    3.Netherlands
    4.Spain
    5.Poland
    6.Serbia

Main Round 2
    1.Norway
    2.Russia
    3.Denmark
    4.Romania
    5.Hungary
    6.Montenegro

Quarter finals
    France-Romania
    Sweden-Denmark
    Netherlands-Russia
    Spain-Norway

power

Postby power » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:13 pm

dydiana wrote:Here are my predictions for EURO 2016 :D

Group A (or S :lol:)
    1.Sweden
    2.Spain
    3.Serbia
    4.Slovenia

Group B
    1.France
    2.Netherlands
    3.Poland
    4.Germany

Group C
    1.Denmark
    2.Hungary
    3.Montenegro
    4.Czech Republic

Group D
    1.Norway
    2.Russia
    3.Romania
    4.Croatia

Main Round 1
    1.France
    2.Sweden
    3.Netherlands
    4.Spain
    5.Poland
    6.Serbia

Main Round 2
    1.Norway
    2.Russia
    3.Denmark
    4.Romania
    5.Hungary
    6.Montenegro

Quarter finals
    France-Romania
    Sweden-Denmark
    Netherlands-Russia
    Spain-Norway

There are no quarter finals in EC

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:20 pm

power wrote: There are no quarter finals in EC

Ahhhahaaha :lol: I forgot,dammit!
EHF needs to change this and make it a bit more spicy! I want quarter finals :D

So it would be:

France-Russia
    Sweden-Norway

+ 5th place game between Netherland-Denmark

Now it seems so less exciting :doubt:

So a final ranking for me would be:

1.Norway
    2.Russia
    3.France
    4.Sweden
    5.Netherlands
    6.Denmark
    7.Spain
    8.Romania
    9.Hungary
    10.Poland
    11.Montenegro
    12.Serbia
    13.Croatia
    14.Germany
    15.Slovenia
    16.Czech Republic

power

Postby power » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:26 pm

dydiana wrote:
power wrote: There are no quarter finals in EC

Ahhhahaaha :lol: I forgot,dammit!
EHF needs to change this and make it a bit more spicy! I want quarter finals :D

So it would be:

France-Russia
    Sweden-Norway

+ 5th place game between Netherland-Denmark

Now it seems so less exciting :doubt:

You didn't put Hungary in the semis? :D Haha
Anyway I'm 100% sure Russia won't make it into the semi finals.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:41 pm

power wrote:You didn't put Hungary in the semis? :D Haha
Anyway I'm 100% sure Russia won't make it into the semi finals.

I didnt put Hungary into the semis because they miss quite a few important players: Kovacsics,Korsos,Tomori,Szucsanszki. They do have some fresh force in Anna Kovacs and Kinga Klivini,also Anita Gorbicz in really good form this weekend in Cluj,but dont think it will be enough.Dora Hornyak is disappointing both in national team and FTC.

I am not a Russia fan,in fact I only like Vyakireva and Dmitrieva,also youngster Sabirova.But they can reach the semis.

We will see, a lot of surprises may occur,we are just guessing :)

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:
swarthofole wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:... Neagu then :)

she could...if she would have played for Norway. :D
I am afraid this year we need some luck to pass this group. Croatia is a hard nut for us at this moment. Not mentioning Norway and Russia - out of our league. Big changes for Romania.

I expect Romania to fight for a medal this time, and I am hardly alone... Many say Netherlands look smoking hot and will win this time, but I can see Romania beat them. That is a gold medal swarthofole, no need to talk rubbish about your team :)

If the same team as last year (and I am taking into consideration only the matches against BRA, DEN and NOR) would have played this ECh, we almost have had an agreement. Romania is far far away from being a serious contender to win this championship as we are in the middle of big changes and we are facing some injuries, retirements etc. IMHO Russia and Norway are more entitled to claim this title, but of course we will not give up fight.
Being realistic, I hope in a good play against Russia and Norway (a honourable defeat is accepted) and for a win against Croatia.
However I thank you for your consideration and I hope to see the same match against Norway as seen last year in the SFs (but to switch the result :evil: ).
Live long and prosper.

Hajas
Extra Member

Postby Hajas » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Gheorghe Tadici wrote:\:D/ Norway without Loke, Grimsboe not in the best shape, this tournament will be full of surprise. Nobody might see them coming.

Heirgeirsson was not satisfied with the defense in Olympics. Therefore he let Molid and Alstad stay home. This team is very young. Kjerstin Boge Solaas (18), Emilie Arntzen (20) and Silje Waade (22) will now have huge responsibilities in the defense together with Frafjord (LP) and Kristiansen. And Malin Aune (21) took Riegelhuths place on the RW, very big surprise since Riegelhuth was in great shape.

I will be surprised if Norway win with this young team

Veselin

Postby Veselin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:35 pm

Hungary needs a lot of very important players,I think that they couldn't make semifinals.Norway has great players for atack,but they will have problems in defence.In general this time Russia is clear favorite for gold.I wouldn't like to see France in semifinals.I don't like their slow play in atack.

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:38 am

Romania should have no claim to this Euro ... Neagu's shape is questionable lately, she might play as bad as she did in the first games at the Olympics until she finds her form (same with Buceschi), we don't have our experienced LWs, our CB are all either unexperienced or out of shape, Manea is not herself lately either. The defence is a mess so far ... The only gains we have are Zamfir and Geiger, who seems to be very focused since she went to France. Overall, I don't see how we could pull this one through. Romania should have as objective qualification into the MR and from there ... everything is possible. :-k

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Montenegro

GK: Marina Rajčić (Metz), Ljubica Nenezić (Kispest)

LW: Majda Mehmedović (CSM Bucuresti), Ivona Pavićević (Budućnost) . ... i refuse to put Itana Grbić here

LB: Đurđina Jauković (Budućnost) , Ivana Božović (Lublin) , Jelena Despotović (Debrecen)

PM: Milena Raičević (Budućnost), Itana Grbić (Budućnost)

RB: Đurđina Malović (Budućnost), Andrea Klikovac (Vardar), Jasna Tošković (Roman)

RW: Dijana Ujkić (Budućnost), Sanja Premović (Lubin)

LP: Suzana Lazović (Budućnost) , Ema Ramusović (Budućnost), Bobana Klikovac (Debrecen)

Vanesa Agović out due to an injury, also the assistent coach Bojana Popović won't go to Sweden. I expect walkovers.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:56 pm

John wrote:Montenegro

GK: Marina Rajčić (Metz), Ljubica Nenezić (Kispest)

LW: Majda Mehmedović (CSM Bucuresti), Ivona Pavićević (Budućnost) . ... i refuse to put Itana Grbić here

LB: Đurđina Jauković (Budućnost) , Ivana Božović (Lublin) , Jelena Despotović (Debrecen)

PM: Milena Raičević (Budućnost), Itana Grbić (Budućnost)

RB: Đurđina Malović (Budućnost), Andrea Klikovac (Vardar), Jasna Tošković (Roman)

RW: Dijana Ujkić (Budućnost), Sanja Premović (Lubin)

LP: Suzana Lazović (Budućnost) , Ema Ramusović (Budućnost), Bobana Klikovac (Debrecen)

Vanesa Agović out due to an injury, also the assistent coach Bojana Popović won't go to Sweden. I expect walkovers.

Whats up with Bojana not going to Sweden? Is she also slowly departing from Adzic? I think she would have helped the girls grow their confidence.

On the other hand,why is Adzic forcing Grbic on left wing where he already has Majda and Ivona? Why would he do that and keep Raicevic as the one and only playmaker?Even herself liked more to be left back than center.Anyway,during the games Itana could easily try and put herself into the position she finds comfortable. I would do that without Adzic approval if it would be in the interest of Montenegro NT :D

Adzic lately seems a bit crazy and not his old self anymore...he kind of destroyed the myth of his smart defense and dangerous attacks.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Veselin wrote:Hungary needs a lot of very important players,I think that they couldn't make semifinals.

yeah i predicted a 5-6th place before but without kovacsics it seems too far from now. although szucsánszki will be there with a broken nose. perhaps going to miss the first one or two matches. but named 5-5 wingers into the 28 squad and left gabriella tóth or even orsolya monori at home was aint a smart choice by rasmussen imho. anyway we will see whats gonna happen.

John

Postby John » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:07 pm

dydiana wrote:Whats up with Bojana not going to Sweden? Is she also slowly departing from Adzic? I think she would have helped the girls grow their confidence.

On the other hand,why is Adzic forcing Grbic on left wing where he already has Majda and Ivona? Why would he do that and keep Raicevic as the one and only playmaker?Even herself liked more to be left back than center.Anyway,during the games Itana could easily try and put herself into the position she finds comfortable. I would do that without Adzic approval if it would be in the interest of Montenegro NT

Adzic lately seems a bit crazy and not his old self anymore...he kind of destroyed the myth of his smart defense and dangerous attacks.

Bojana won't go because of family reasons, also Snezana Damjanac won't go. I think the real reason is that they expect the girls to be back after the group phase. :lol:

I don't know why Adzic is forcing Grba on the wing, maybe because she is not that tall or maybe because Milena has to have the main role. Or he is just ignorant. Expect a lot of turnovers and technical mistakes from Montenegro, slow attack with a lot of misses and a hollow defense.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:30 pm

John wrote:Bojana won't go because of family reasons, also Snezana Damjanac won't go. I think the real reason is that they expect the girls to be back after the group phase. :lol:

I don't know why Adzic is forcing Grba on the wing, maybe because she is not that tall or maybe because Milena has to have the main role. Or he is just ignorant. Expect a lot of turnovers and technical mistakes from Montenegro, slow attack with a lot of misses and a hollow defense.

I believe they can beat Czech Republic and go into MR maybe with a couple more points stolen from Hungary or Denmark :P

Well,she is indeed not that tall for the 9m line but so is Nora Mork(same height) and still manages to be a top right back. I believe Itana can be great in the position she feels good in, plays good in and is efficient in. I really,really liked her in the game against Glassverket,smart passes,smart play,fluidity,speed and easiness rather than a usually slow and dull Milena.

John

Postby John » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:04 pm

dydiana wrote:I believe they can beat Czech Republic and go into MR maybe with a couple more points stolen from Hungary or Denmark

Well,she is indeed not that tall for the 9m line but so is Nora Mork(same height) and still manages to be a top right back. I believe Itana can be great in the position she feels good in, plays good in and is efficient in. I really,really liked her in the game against Glassverket,smart passes,smart play,fluidity,speed and easiness rather than a usually slow and dull Milena.

You have more faith in Montenegro than i do. They don't stand a chance against Denmark and Hungary, this is the easiest group and with Katarina and Jovanka we would've made it to the semis because i think we would easily beat them all (because they miss a lot of players).
Maybe they have a chance against CZE but with what i have seen i don't expect much.

Regarding Grbic/Raicevic that is the point.. Adzic doesn't like a fast game, fluidity, he likes things to go slow. His attacking tactics are to make space for the backs to shoot. In an interview he said that he likes when they defend more than when they score a goal, which shows his interest for the attack.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:09 pm

Hungary:

GK: JANURIK Kinga (Érd), KISS Éva (Győri Audi ETO)
RW: BÓDI Bernadett (Győri Audi ETO), LUKÁCS Viktória (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria)
RB: HORNYÁK Dóra (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria), KOVÁCS Anna (Dunaújvárosi KKA), PLANÉTA Szimonetta (Thüringer)
PM: GÖRBICZ Anita (Győri Audi ETO), SZUCSÁNSZKI Zita (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria)
LP: DOMBI Luca (Mosonmagyaróvár), KISFALUDY Anett (Érd), MÉSZÁROS Rea (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria)
LB: KLIVINYI Kinga (Érd), SZEKERES Klára (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria), TRISCSUK Krisztina (Siófok)
LW: ERDŐSI Ildikó (Siófok), SCHATZL Nadine (FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria)

That's 17. Szucsánszki is still injured and probably won't play from the beginning. Triscsuk also have a small injury

power

Postby power » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:41 pm

John wrote:
dydiana wrote:I believe they can beat Czech Republic and go into MR maybe with a couple more points stolen from Hungary or Denmark

You have more faith in Montenegro than i do. They don't stand a chance against Denmark and Hungary, this is the easiest group and with Katarina and Jovanka we would've made it to the semis because i think we would easily beat them all (because they miss a lot of players).
Maybe they have a chance against CZE but with what i have seen i don't expect much.

Regarding Grbic/Raicevic that is the point.. Adzic doesn't like a fast game, fluidity, he likes things to go slow. His attacking tactics are to make space for the backs to shoot. In an interview he said that he likes when they defend more than when they score a goal, which shows his interest for the attack.

I'm worried more about Montenegro than Denmark.Our coach is danish,our fitness coach is the coach of Midtyilland so we know all the secrets of the danes. :) We will play with Montenegro in the last round of the group so by then will have 4 points and Montenegro 2 so Montenegro can put up a big fight.I hope this time we won't underestimate them like last time.Like "Oh there is no Bulatovic and Radicevic they are weaker than Czech Republic it's gonna be easy"then +17 for Montenegro again. :) Haha

John

Postby John » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:52 pm

power wrote:I'm worried more about Montenegro than Denmark.Our coach is danish,our fitness coach is the coach of Midtyilland so we know all the secrets of the danes. We will play with Montenegro in the last round of the group so by then will have 4 points and Montenegro 2 so Montenegro can put up a big fight.I hope this time we won't underestimate them like last time.Like "Oh there is no Bulatovic and Radicevic they are weaker than Czech Republic it's gonna be easy"then +17 for Montenegro again. Haha

I don't see MNE beating anyone unless all of our opponents fall apart :D

Walkover x2
Plus a 50-50 chance against CZE

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Hajas wrote:
Gheorghe Tadici wrote:\:D/ Norway without Loke, Grimsboe not in the best shape, this tournament will be full of surprise. Nobody might see them coming.
...I will be surprised if Norway win with this young team

It should be almost impossible, but I don't know how many times I have said that before, and they just keep on winning no matter what. I have given up on logic :)

power

Postby power » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:
Hajas wrote:
...I will be surprised if Norway win with this young team

It should be almost impossible, but I don't know how many times I have said that before, and they just keep on winning no matter what. I have given up on logic :)

Norway got less chance now as Nora Mörk suddenly got 42 years old.At least according to the EHF official website in the short introduction clip about Norway. :lol:

power

Postby power » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:25 pm

John wrote:
power wrote:I'm worried more about Montenegro than Denmark.Our coach is danish,our fitness coach is the coach of Midtyilland so we know all the secrets of the danes. We will play with Montenegro in the last round of the group so by then will have 4 points and Montenegro 2 so Montenegro can put up a big fight.I hope this time we won't underestimate them like last time.Like "Oh there is no Bulatovic and Radicevic they are weaker than Czech Republic it's gonna be easy"then +17 for Montenegro again. Haha

I don't see MNE beating anyone unless all of our opponents fall apart :D

Walkover x2
Plus a 50-50 chance against CZE

You still have Mehmedovic,Jaukovic... we will see.

CSMthenewpower

Postby CSMthenewpower » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Somebody has seen the match between Sweden and France, today ? 21-27 for France. I would like to know if all important players have played. :)
C S M B U C U R E S T I

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:55 pm

CSMthenewpower wrote:Somebody has seen the match between Sweden and France, today ? 21-27 for France. I would like to know if all important players have played. :)

Didn't see the match, but Blohm, Gullden and Hagman didn't play for Sweden. Don't know about France...

http://www.svenskhandboll.se/Landslag/L ... -genrepet/

erikblom
Rookie

Postby erikblom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Have somebody seen the spanish and german squad?

Return to “Female Handball”