2016 Women’s EHF EURO (Sweden)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
eduardsson

Re: 2016 Women’s EHF EURO (Sweden)

Postby eduardsson » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 pm

Sad as f.uck, but that's life. But at least satisfied that DEN won its SF-place deservingly.

After so many defeats, it's their time of glory now.

Why not go all the way now? I totally believe in the DK's team. It's time handball returned home.

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Nor 23-21
Rus 17-22
Cro 26-31
Hun 21-29
Cze 28-30
Den 21-17

Judging by results this championship is good for Romania, top 6 is somewhat unexpected also.
The style of play also is a nice surprise, the defense was strong throughout the competition . This is the big win from this EC .
Ambros, for me, did a terrific job putting this kind of magic.
Also the team looked that has a lot to offer, a lot of potential .
In a game with this kind of importance the girls didn't had that feeling of teamwork that you get in years of playing together .
Also our biggest problem in attack is that we do not have a alternative of a shooter when Neagu is not form, or very well block .
Also wings are out of form .
On right - we were here with kind of the girls that we will use also in the future
Left - was a real problem - the best on the position were not here and the girls are somewhat under the injured players.

THe RB is terrible right now for us - we must find a viable solution for the future

All in all we have potential for improvement and that is great.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Congrats Denmark. :D

very good germany,waiting for serbia to help them.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:05 pm

SF
Norway France
Denmark Holland

Two teams from Scandinavia and two from Western Europa 8:) . France will beat Serbia, 99% sure.

Final: Norway Denmark although I hope Holland will qualify and then show what they are really worth.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:40 pm

I really hope Romania gets to play against France for the 5th place. They've the kind of game that can raise a lot of question marks for our attack and at this point this exactly what we need.

Denmark had a monster of a defence today and this is what won it in the end. Klavs f* it up last two times, but he believed in this strategy and got the players to apply it and if finally paid off. Because of this, I think Denmark might even have a small advantage over the other teams in this Olympic cycle. Congratulations to them! Completely deserved.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 pm

100% indeed :D :D :D

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Sweden and Spain ](*,) ](*,) Worst Championship for both in a long time.

Nice suprises would be Denmark, Germany. And would add Czech Republic had some great results too. (Close matches with Russia, Denmark & Romania)

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 am

I'm very surprised that no Danish player was nominated for the category Best Euro defensive player: http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2016-12-1 ... ems-bedste

I must say I'm very impressed by the strong physical condition of the Danish players. It allowed them to play a very nice defensive game and also to overuse their main players without fearing they would be too much exhausted. It's clearly the key of success for DEN and all credits to Klavs.

I always knew that having a strong physical condition is a key of success in international level. But I didn't expect that Denmark could improve so fast after the two failures in the WCh 2015 and the OG qualification.

Concerning the semifinal, DEN must stop the NED running and scoring fast goals. If the Danes can do that, they will have a big chance to qualify for the final.

The other semifinal NOR-FRA looks like a classic in women handball. Norway is favorite but in a good day, the French team can beat any team. :)

CSMthenewpower

Postby CSMthenewpower » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:23 am

Laura Glauser, Louise Sand, Cristina Neagu, Stine Jorgensen, Nora Mork, Svenja Huber and Yvette Broch - these seven are our Top 7 of the main round at the EHF EURO 2016 in Sweden.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ncVZKImuk =D> =D> =D>
C S M B U C U R E S T I

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:37 am

Did anybody else notice Knedlikova's appearance in the Top 5 LEFT wing nominees collection? She was there originally but later replaced by an other player (a true left wing), I guess it was Fisker.

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:Did anybody else notice Knedlikova's appearance in the Top 5 LEFT wing nominees collection? She was there originally but later replaced by an other player (a true left wing), I guess it was Fisker.

It was. I noticed that Fisker wasn't nominated at first but then she was later.

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:23 pm

GOOOOOOOO DENMARK, defeat those flying DUTCHes

It's your tournament

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:47 pm

I cant even be glad for getting the 5th place, but nice effort by Cristina Zamfir in the end to win it for us =D> =D>

I hope that both her and Clara Woltering wont have serious repercussions after the collision in the final seconds.

Again, awesome game by Denisa Dedu who also got the MVP title of the match =D>

Now, hope Denmark wins against the dutch because they have a bit more spice in their game, its not only fast attacking but more brain into it. Norway shouldn't have much trouble in handling the french.

Mariusmm

Postby Mariusmm » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 pm

^Dumanska should be mentioned too, she was sent in at two 7m's and she saved them both, so I don't think anyone missed Ungureanu this match, this new D-D Gk couple will shine for the next 10 years at least.
Respect Cristina Zamfir, hopefully Woltering will be fine too, in those moments you realise that the result is not important at all, but the health of the players...thank God it didn't end up worse, you don't mess with the post :)

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:06 pm

dydiana wrote:
Now, hope Denmark wins against the dutch because they have a bit more spice in their game, its not only fast attacking but more brain into it. Norway shouldn't have much trouble in handling the french.

Brain related or not, I do not know but the Dutch did beat Denmark. Great defens of the Orange girls and impressive start of the second half after 13-13 HT, 26-22 final result. After 19-13 the game was over and done.
After the WC 2015 final now the EC 2016 final against very likely again Norway. Not bad for a country where Handball is relatively small.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Scheersberg wrote:Brain related or not, I do not know but the Dutch did beat Denmark. Great defens of the Orange girls and impressive start of the second half after 13-13 HT, 26-22 final result. After 19-13 the game was over and done.
After the WC 2015 final now the EC 2016 final against very likely again Norway. Not bad for a country where Handball is relatively small.

Dont get me wrong, Helle and the dutch girls totally out-brained Klavs and the danes today. But usually they have more appealing tactics to me. I personally dont like the fast scoring goals of NED because they seem a bit like cheating to me. But today everything worked for the dutch, like on wednesday the danes had things on their side against Romania.

Well done NED, now go win the final :D

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Nothing to do with brain. Denmark looked like Romania two days ago: no more energy, physical nor mental. Netherlands got their stuff together and their fast running handball looks much much tidier. I guess Helle was what you needed :)
I am still not so convinced about that defence the Danes are doing: in theory it can be a killer for the opponent, but seems that as long as you can stretch the positional play towards the wings, it falls appart. Anyway, we need more data :)

Lovely game by Netherlands, who looked in control throughout the whole game. I am amazed of what beautiful handball they are able to produce, the instant results they had in the space of only 1 year (2 finals and OG semis) and still almost nobody seems to give a crap about them in Netherlands. You get some "reality shows" about them on Ziggo, but overall their exposure is almost zero and when you go in a sports hall on a weekend for an amateur game, nobody even knows there's a European Championship going on. It's a bit sad.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:35 pm

dydiana wrote:I personally dont like the fast scoring goals of NED because they seem a bit like cheating to me. But today everything worked for the dutch, like on wednesday the danes had things on their side against Romania.

I'm sorry, what? :)
Handball's beauty is being a fast paced game. The Danes used to be known for that fast paced game in their glory years. Fact is, it is difficult to score during a slow game (wha the Danes did to Romania, for instance). No goals, no win (unless you're France or Spain and you can win 5-4 :) ). All the basic principles of handball ask you to move the ball as fast as you can so you can create the space. Tactics (schemes) are absolutely useless if you don't move the ball fast enough. Today, the teams doing this the best are Norway and the Netherlands.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 pm

mikh wrote:I'm sorry, what? :)
    Handball's beauty is being a fast paced game. The Danes used to be known for that fast paced game in their glory years. Fact is, it is difficult to score during a slow game (wha the Danes did to Romania, for instance). No goals, no win (unless you're France or Spain and you can win 5-4 :) ). All the basic principles of handball ask you to move the ball as fast as you can so you can create the space. Tactics (schemes) are absolutely useless if you don't move the ball fast enough. Today, the teams doing this the best are Norway and the Netherlands.

I guess it is okay to have different opinions maybe? I was talking about the situations where the danes scored a goal,then Wester rapidly passed the ball to center and then in maximum 2 passes the dutch were scoring because DEN wasnt even back in defense. It is too much for my taste. Im not talking about slow game, I am talking about construction, about tactical placement, about building up the attack, about passing and moving to create a goal...yes, this kind of handball lover I am :) But again, the NED is too fast for my taste in SOME moments, not all the time of course..they did have some "schemes" that left me speechless today,really good play.And handball is all about brain, from coach to players :)

Norway again is having hard,hard times in winning a game. I dont see them winning this Euro, NED is clearly better but you never know whats gonna be the result.

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:46 pm

Silje Solberg =D> =D>

tavy oltchim
Extra Member

Postby tavy oltchim » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:08 am

Best 18 players from EURO 2016 - "DREAM TEAM"

GK: Silje Solberg (NOR), Laura Glauser (FRA), Tess Wester (NED)
LW: Camilla Herem (NOR), Sanja Radosalvjevic (SRB)
RW: Svenja Huber (GER), Carmen Martin (ESP)
LB: Cristina Neagu (ROM), Estavan Polman (NED), Estelle Nze-Minko (FRA)
CB: Nycke Groot (NED), Stine Jorgensen (DEN)
RB: Nora Mork (NOR), Alexandra Lacrabere (FRA)
PV: Marit Frafjord (NOR), Yvette Broch (NED)
Defenders: Gabriella Szucs (ROM), Beatrice Edwige (FRA)

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:14 am

mikh wrote:
dydiana wrote:I personally dont like the fast scoring goals of NED because they seem a bit like cheating to me. But today everything worked for the dutch, like on wednesday the danes had things on their side against Romania.

I'm sorry, what? :)

It 's in a way the difference between you could call the traditional old school handbal where you rely a lot on your RB and LB for goals, often players with length and physical very strong but not very athletic and you rely on your solid defense, that often results in a slow game (yes France is a good example but also some teams from Eastern-Europa/Balkan).
Handball is about speed to create opportunities and goals, both Norway and Holland do understand that very well. But speed with some cleverness not just running alone that the Dutch girls sometimes showed.
Since you could say the Dutch Handball project started end nineties, speed as an effective tool was the strategy. Since then a lot happened, the gap gradually was closed partly between the more traditional handball countries, some small suc6s but no medals.
Talents were educated at the handball academy, players went playing abroad, etc.

One year ago the first WC final, then Q for the Olympics (with bad Handball but place 4) and now again a Final, the first time in history an EC final.
Do not forget handball is still relatively small in NL, only about 50.000 members of the federation, no professional teams (only Dalfsen as a semi-pro with young players getting their education to make the next step).
One year ago in Holland no one knew names like Wester and Polman, only their famliy and little handball fans. Now you see them on national TV although EC is not coverred by National TV with live broadcast, only Zigo does that and even there somtimes football has priority over handball so I watch EHFTV.

As for the final against Norway, it will be important if the Dutch girls can controll their nerves and play their normal game.If so they have a chance, if not they will lose by 5-10 goals again as in the WC final and bronze medal game in Brasil.
I am afraid we will see what we saw in Denmark WC and Brasil OG before, after 20 minutes Norway will lead by more than 5 goals and the game is over.
Wester with a safe % of 21 %, Abbingh scoring 1/8 and Polman and Groot completely paralyzed and both scoring 2 goals.
What is in favour of the Dutch girls is that they do not seem very tired and have for almost every position 2 players that can play. Only LW is a problem. But Norwegians girls also did not seem tired and I think because they have a little more experience that will make the difference.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:05 am

Danish offensive defence can't work all the time against every opponent. Can Klavs Brunn Jørgensen understand that ? Besides, he simply can't use the same players throughout the whole tournament. His main players were logically exhausted. How DEN can expect to win a medal at the end of a competition with the same tactics and players all the time ? He finally dared to use Kristina Kristianten for the first time, the only good decision he has made yesterday.
Helle Thomsen is a much better coach than Klavs, no doubt in that.

Congrats NED and NOR. I hope to see a great final this time. Not like the 2015 WCh final when Norway crushed the Netherlands into little pieces.

Concerning the bronze medal match FRA - DEN, France is favorite. Normally, Denmark will be too much exhausted for beating France.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:10 am

Back in the final

“The Norwegian team are only people too, and can be beaten”, some French player said before the match. How horrible wrong was that, hehe :)

The Russians could have told her that to beat Norway in a semifinal, u shouldn’t think it’s possible, but just give 100% all the time and don’t ever think it’s over until refs says so...only then may Norway be beaten by a lucky goal in the knockout stages...if u have a fantastic day as a minimum ofc :)

Now we meet the Dutch again, high flying, playing fast and attractive handball, and done with the silverware. They also know now what waits them in a final, and it will be the battle for their lives if they are going to steal the gold from our girls- because our girls own it, and have done so for a decade now, make no mistake :)

It will be the best handball match this EC, and although everything says that the Dutch really will make it this time, logic ends here at our girls playground- THE FINAL :)

France was close though...could or should have won on any other day...but we have the best GK in the world, Silje Solberg, saving 59%, way above world class, and the French had to resign in despair :)

Good Luck, girls :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:22 am

heavenly wrote:Besides, he simply can't use the same players throughout the whole tournament. His main players were logically exhausted.

Concerning the bronze medal match FRA - DEN, France is favorite. Normally, Denmark will be too much exhausted for beating France.

Stine Jørgensen: 403 min. of playing time. No wonder she was drop dead tired. I turned the match off before time, as there was no hope, when they were too tired to move their feet.
It seems Klavs has learned some things already in his career as womens NT coach, so let's hope he'll learn too, that he can't play so few players all tournament, especially when he has players sitting on the bench and at home, he could have used. Mulle showed us, she could have played more.

But it has been good to see that the Danish team got their team-spirit back, and that they don't just give up, when things go against them.

I don't think we'll get the bronze, but at least the Danish final 4 is coming up and we can watch a (hopefully fresh) Højlund, Uno and Burgaard :D

Congrats to Netherlands and Helle and the Norwegians :)

Return to “Female Handball”