2016 Women’s EHF EURO (Sweden)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
gregors
Regular

Re: 2016 Women’s EHF EURO (Sweden)

Postby gregors » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Kristina Kristiansen for me for 14 minutes play better than Hansen & Greigel :) ( for 46 )

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 pm

AM Hansen was not overused by Klavs during the tournament. But her level is still
unstable. She needs a stronger mental if she wants to become a real international
class player for DEN.

Concerning Grigel, I clearly don't understand why she was selected for this Euro ?
She's just coming back from ACL injury this summer. Besides she has only a minor
role in the big club Rostov. It was so clear she's lacked of competition, mostly
spending her time on the Russian bench.
But Klavs decided to select her without any logic ! He even installed Grigel as
number 2 in the playmaker hierarchy. While better playmakers staying on bench (Mulle)
or even staying at home (Uno or Højlund).
It's the biggest mystery of the Universe. :roll:

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:44 pm

gregors wrote:Kristina Kristiansen for me for 14 minutes play better than Hansen & Greigel :) ( for 46 )

heavenly wrote:AM Hansen was not overused by Klavs during the tournament. But her level is still
unstable. She needs a stronger mental if she wants to become a real international
class player for DEN.

Concerning Grigel, I clearly don't understand why she was selected for this Euro ?
She's just coming back from ACL injury this summer. Besides she has only a minor
role in the big club Rostov. It was so clear she's lacked of competition, mostly
spending her time on the Russian bench.
But Klavs decided to select her without any logic ! He even installed Grigel as
number 2 in the playmaker hierarchy. While better playmakers staying on bench (Mulle)
or even staying at home (Uno or Højlund).
It's the biggest mystery of the Universe. :roll:

Disagree with @gregors about AM Hansen. She was outstanding against Romania with 9 goals and also had other good matches. And she has that mentality to dare and take the shots even when the rest don't. But she is usually not at her best against the faster teams. And she was overused too (disagree with @heavenly here). She looked awfully tired yesterday. The only match where she was rested some was against Russia, otherwise like the others in the starting 7 (except Fisker perhaps) playing too much.

I agree about Grigel. I also think 2-3 of our PMs who are sitting at home would have been justified more of a spot. In a way I'm glad Højlund was rested though, even if I'd have loved to see her at the ECH.

EDIT: Just noticed that @gregors wrote for 46. min, forget what I wrote about Hansen then. Thought you meant in general ;)

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Cumulative stats for DEN: http://livecache.sportresult.com/node/b ... WeWY7RmCM=

AM Hansen played 3h 29min. It's still affordable compared to the real 5 Danish overused players who played
more than 6 hours: Trine Ø, Stine J, Tranborg, Stine Bodholt and Sandra Toft. Even Fisker has played more than AM H.

The reality is AM Hansen mostly played in attack since the Main Round.

So AM Hansen was not that overused.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:44 pm

heavenly wrote:
So AM Hansen was not that overused.

No not more than some of the others, but still more than necessary, especially in the first matches. Before he found out he could use Haugsted in defense (and he could have used her more in attack too). Also, AM might need more rest than Stine J. and some others, considering how she is build and that she isn't used to playing as much (no European matches)?

Tranborg looked awfully tired too btw. But it was always unrealistic to think he could play only with her both in defense and attack almost the entire tournament.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:59 am

Når vi forlader EM, så er der principielt ikke nogen af dem, der er landsholdsspillere mere...what a s**t thing to say, especially if they win the bronze. U really should replace Klavs with Helle Thomsen...

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:35 am

http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2016-12-1 ... dsspillere

LOL I think Klavs has opened his eyes. :) He probably noticed that he has selected some "wrong" players for this Euro. He may also regret to overuse the 4 main field players (Trine Ø, Stine J, Tranborg and Stine Bodholt) during the tournament. The physical condition of the Danish players has improved, this is a good point. But overusing a few players is not realistic because they're not robots ! They need rest time despite being well prepared physically.

He may want to open the National Team to some new players who can strengthen DEN. I think about Burgaard, Højlund, Uno, Rej, Line Jørgensen etc.

I think Grigel, Okkels, La Cour and Svalastog are the most in danger to be sorted out of the NT. In case of Svala, she has declared herself this bronze match is her last one with the NT.

gregors
Regular

Postby gregors » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:13 pm

hey masch1 - you say that Hansen was score 9 goals with Romania . My opinion of his game is concerns match Deenmark Netherlands - not match Deenmark - Romania , not all the tournament. You need to read and understand what I wrote :) :) :) I feel sorry for Kristina Kristiansen that she sitting on the bench . I'm not Hansen & Greigel hater :) I greet you

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:25 pm

The All-star Team for the Women's EHF EURO 2016 is as follows:

Goalkeeper: Sandra Toft (DEN)
Left wing: Camilla Herrem (NOR)
Left back: Cristina Neagu (ROU)
Centre back: Cornelia ‘Nycke’ Groot (NED)
Line player: Yvette Broch (NED)
Right back: Nora Mork (NOR)
Right wing: Carmen Martin (ESP)
Best Defender: Beatrice Edwige (FRA)
Most Valuable Player: Cornelia ‘Nycke’ Groot (NED)

http://swe2016.ehf-euro.com/news/single-news/detail/News/ehf-euro-2016-all-star-team-announced/

Some very surprising choices.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Gojira wrote:

as always. :) but imho toft is the only one. the rest is quite reasonable.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:50 pm

gregors wrote:hey masch1 - you say that Hansen was score 9 goals with Romania . My opinion of his game is concerns match Deenmark Netherlands - not match Deenmark - Romania , not all the tournament. You need to read and understand what I wrote :) :) :) I feel sorry for Kristina Kristiansen that she sitting on the bench . I'm not Hansen & Greigel hater :) I greet you

Hehe, yes I will read more thoroughly next time ;) Mulle said she won't quit the NT after this, so we'll see if, if he'll chose her again.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Congrats Norway.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Congratulations to Norway, great team! Congrats to the Netherlands too, they put up a good fight.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Congrats to Norway and Netherlands =D> =D> They gave us an entertaining final, worth watching!

I liked very much Tess Wester, excellent goalie :cheers:

Congrats also to France for the bronze :)

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Congrats to all the medalists =D> Great play from all of them.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:15 pm

I don't think I've ever watched a tournament where wing players in general had such little impact. That Carmen Martin ended up on the all star team even though her team finished far outside the medal competition says a lot. And it's hard to argue against Herrem but even she had a rather unremarkable tournament for her (admittedly, very high) standards.
A lot of top wings such as Dembele, Kurtovic, Hagman were all totally anonymous.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Gold, gold & gold =D> :D

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:33 pm

Congratulations to Norway, completely deserved, they dominated this championship from the start and proved that they are mentally and physically the strongest team. It's amazing how other teams can't find a way to dethrone them. It happens maybe once in 4 years. If you look at them individually you can find at least 3-4 players that are better than them on each position (except gk and rb).. But they play a helluva good hanball and even though i'm not the biggest fan of Mork that girl is simply amazing.. Hope her wish of playing with Mehmedovic comes true one day :)

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:54 pm

Gojira wrote:The All-star Team for the Women's EHF EURO 2016 is as follows:

Goalkeeper: Sandra Toft (DEN)
Left wing: Camilla Herrem (NOR)
Left back: Cristina Neagu (ROU)
Centre back: Cornelia ‘Nycke’ Groot (NED)
Line player: Yvette Broch (NED)
Right back: Nora Mork (NOR)
Right wing: Carmen Martin (ESP)
Best Defender: Beatrice Edwige (FRA)
Most Valuable Player: Cornelia ‘Nycke’ Groot (NED)

http://swe2016.ehf-euro.com/news/single-news/detail/News/ehf-euro-2016-all-star-team-announced/

My team:
Glauser - Nze Minko, Arntzen, Groot, Frafjord, Mork, Odegaard

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:06 am

Gheorghe Tadici wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:

My team:
Glauser - Nze Minko, Arntzen, Groot, Frafjord, Mork, Odegaard

Do you realise Neagu was almost the best scorers with 2 matches in minus? :-k She is clearly the best player in the world and would dominate all the opponents as individual stats on everything: goals, assists and MVP.

OK, then I'd put in Neagu as left wing ;) She is the best player of the world at the moment but I fell in love with Arntzen :D

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Gheorghe Tadici wrote:She is clearly the best player in the world

4U

danr
Regular

Postby danr » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Final ranking

1. Norway
2. Netherlands
3. France
4. Denmark
5. Romania
6. Germany
7. Russia
8. Sweden
9. Serbia
10. Czech Republic
11. Spain
12. Hungary
13. Montenegro
14. Slovenia
15. Poland
16. Croatia

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Such a beautiful Christmas tradition :)

Yep, we can do whatever we want, bring on as many rookies we want, and still our girls win the whole s**t in the end, hehe :)

It was close though, and easily the best and most exciting match this EC, with Netherlands having a close to perfect day, and Tess WALLster closing the goal... Luckily, that was the case for our girls too, especially Nora Mørk, and then we just know the outcome when they have a really good day...unstoppable ofc :)

From Duracell to Adrenalin bunny. Scoring 12, and became EC top scorer as well :)

Still, the competition have been harder than ever, and most victories to Norway have been with just 1 or 2 goals, so u might wonder how it is possible they still win gold every time so to speak. Sweden have given up, and will now just copy whatever Norway are doing from now on... :)

I remember many years ago, I cursed Hergeirsson for bringing Oftedal instead of Sulland. Young Oftedal was mostly sitting on the bench, and the few times she played, she was nervous doing mistakes. Then he send Oftedal home, and brought Sulland in who right away became topscorer in the semifinal she was thrown into.
Now Oftedal is our captain, wearing the famous no 10 shirt, and this time Linka was home, with several rookies sitting mostly on the bench getting a little playing time, but mostly to learn what is expected in the championships.
Again I was mad at Hergeirsson in the start, but realised now this is maybe the key to our success overall and over time... but man, those were some rookies too...pure dynamite, no need for a call to Linka this time :)

Silje Waade made a helluva debut, and was strong in defence, but also scored some nice goals too. Very impressive :)

When she was asked to describe this EC she replied; “-I don’t know. I have no words. But I’m glad, proud and humble. What winnermentality there is on this team. I am learning of the best players in the world, and I will continue to build on that” :)

Guess we don’t need to wory about the future :)

Congratz girls, we are very proud of u all :)

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:31 pm

John wrote:Congratulations to Norway, completely deserved, they dominated this championship from the start and proved that they are mentally and physically the strongest team. It's amazing how other teams can't find a way to dethrone them. It happens maybe once in 4 years. If you look at them individually you can find at least 3-4 players that are better than them on each position (except gk and rb)..

Yes congratulations to Norway, very well deserved!

The simple answer here must be: they spend more money and work harder in every aspect than any other nation.

Somehow the Norwegian players grow like 1+1 = 4 when they "come together on the Norwegian NT. They have a lot of very fine players now all over Europe. We had/have and will probably also in the future see a lot of Norwegians in the Danish league. And yes -John- very few of them are outstanding/worldclass compared to their teammates. We have seen Oftedal visiting DK with Issy and she hardly knew her way around a handball-court??..

The Norwegians are very smart: sports they are strong in they give comprehensive support (Olympia-toppen) The funds for the handball NT in Norway is second to none. I believe (the Norwegian members must correct this post if necessary) NT players in Norway get a full yearly salary just to "be in NT". Many other nations dont pay anything like runner-up: Holland.

So because of this massive funding the Norway NT have opportunity to be together around 80 days every year! Dont know about others but Danish NT is together around 40-50 days per season. All Norwegian players abroad have this clause in their contract: "they must be allowed to join all NT sessions" Jan Pytlick told how he often couldn't gather his team while Breivik always had all players available for trainings. Again NT is everything for Norwegians.

( I still remember last ECh. in Sweden 2006. Hammerseng was not top-fit when the tournament started. Breivik didn't care at all so Hammerseng played almost 60 minutes all matches and Norway won matches like this: 41-20 / 32-21 / 39-24 / 28-13... In the final, Gro was not able to play due to injury. (Norway beat Russia anyway) For almost entire spring season Hammerseng was not able to play for Ikast. Again NT is everything for Norwegians. )

In Denmark we have this joke: (it's not even a joke it's real life) the Danish clubs have more often a visit from Thorir Hergeirsson and Mats Olsson than they have visit from Danish NT staff :) Norwegian NT staff spend weeks abroad visiting and consulting their players. I even know that Mats Olsson practice with Esbjerg goalkeepers in Esbjerg (Sando-Idehn) My guess would be that the same goes for Silje in Paris and Grimsbø in Györ? Again this is just a lot of money and commitment!

Well it's not just all money, we must admit that Norwegian players are very disciplined and train very hard. All coaches in DK with Norwegian players can confirm that I think.

So John this might be some of the explanation to the Norway dominance?
This is ofc not a critic of Norway. It's all other nations task to step up! Probably wont happen, as the interest in female handball is not the biggest on this planet...
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:57 am

Hmmm...or a mystery :) Hergeirsson got away with not picking Linka, although u don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that mistake...well, guess they don't know much about handball anyway come to think about it :)

Logic ends somewhere, and have done so for me too, but we win with 7 ec debutants...unbelivable... But amazing ofc...a winnerteam incarnated is the obvious explanation I guess :)

Return to “Female Handball”