Danish League 2016/2017

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby masch1 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Team of the round 10

GK: Monika Kongsgaard, Skanderborg (1)
LW: Lærke Nolsøe, NFH (1)
LB: Trine Troelsen, Silkeborg (4)
PM: Kristina Kristiansen, NFH (3)
RB: Laura Van Der Heijden, Esbjerg (1)
RW: Louise Kristensen, NFH (2)
LP: Sabine Pedersen, FCM (1)



User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:49 pm

heavenly wrote:Well deserved break for all teams. And yes, happy that Lærke Sørensen has her own jersey now. :) She's not Juncker after all. :p

By the way, the three TV2 experts have presented their "Autumn team":
http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2016-11-1 ... arets-hold

Trine Jensen team doesn't look solid compared to the two others experts teams. But I'm glad she has noticed that the two big Danish talents Højlund and Reinhardt played well during the first part of the current season. :D

I would have liked for Uno to sneak into one of the three teams but Veronica and Højlund are definitely worthy of being there and they also deserve recognition for their play this first part of the season!

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:04 am

So København is the winner of the biggest deficit in the financial year of 2016? 5.6 million kroner in deficit. A million more than last year. Thankfully they don't seem too worried and are doing things to reduce it.

Not that we can really blame København here in Aarhus, because it's not really very impressive when you can show a deficit on 2.8 million kroner in 2016. That will be reduced in 2017 but it's so difficult running a handball-business. SK already have the second smallest budget in the league and doing a ton of fundraisers. Handball will never be a very profitable business.

Credit to Ringkøbing. They almost made a profit in 2016 which is very incredible. For me that is the most impressive piece of business in handball-Denmark.

If people want handball to really flourish in Denmark again, it starts with a much, much better TV-deal. Tv2 getting the rights to the league for absolute peanuts in terms of viewing numbers but it doesn't seem like the big bosses up at DHF are too concerned about that.

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby masch1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:24 am

Team of the fall:

GK: Sabine Englert, FCM Håndbold 22,82 MEP
LW: Ann Grete Nørgaard, Viborg HK 29,94 MEP
LB: Trine Bach Troelsen, Silkeborg-Voel KFUM 41,28 MEP
PM: Mia Rej, København Håndbold 28,59 MEP
RB: Nathalie Hagman, Nykøbing Falster Håndbold 27,36 MEP
RW: Jessica Da Silva Quintino, Odense Håndbold 17,32 MEP
LP: Kathrine Heindahl, Randers HK 26,18 MEP

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:53 am

I will admit. People are a bit anxious here in Aarhus after Fangel left but it was a bad-kept secret to be honest. She wanted to move on, SK didn't offer her enough and she wanted more ambition. Now she replaces Dragojevic who will not stay in Silkeborg. I don't think that Fangel is an offensive upgrade on neither Dragojevic or Iversen but she is definitely a defensive upgrade for them.

It's easier letting her leave when the plan is to promote Kamilla Bruus next season. She is the future first-choice on the position anyway. Defensively it will be difficult though because Fangel and Tranborg are the right side of the defense and now that will have to be replaced. Not sure we can replace that from within.

User avatar
HB9
Extra Member
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby HB9 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:21 am

*edit
Last edited by HB9 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 am

Skanderborg's coach, Mikkel Voigt, stops in Skanderborg after this season. A shame for Skanderborg but he is the front-runner to replace Heine Eriksen if he leaves the u19s.

User avatar
HB9
Extra Member
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby HB9 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:09 am

Sorry, forget what I posted above. An old article from last season somehow sliped into my newsreader. :lol: Thought it was all a bit weird and made no sense anyway... #-o

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:17 pm

With the break from the league, we can talk about the handball actually being played in Denmark. The teams who will play in the u18-league in the spring have been found. The teams who qualified directly was FCM, SK Aarhus, Skanderborg and Randers.

Then they had to find the last two participants via playoff. Here DUH Esbjerg as expected beat HEI/VRI but in a big upset Fredericia HK beat Viborg in an overtime-win. Massive for the young Fredericia-team to be in the league.

With all due respect to DUH, Fredericia and Randers, this really looks like a three horse-race between FCM, SK and Skanderborg deciding who will get the two spots at DM. It's going to be exciting to follow.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Thankfully the league starts soon and Final Four is even sooner. Let's get Viborg and Tvis in the final. That wouldn't be bad!

In terms of SK and the upcoming half-season, the match-program is much easier than the fall. FCM, Esbjerg, NFH, Viborg all at home and meeting Tvis twice, so we desperately needs some points on the table. I still believe! But if the playoff is at some point unrealistic, I hope we get to see a ton of the players that will possibly replace Fangel, Tranborg and some other players that will not extend their contract.

It will also be exciting to see if Viborg can keep it up. We can't have another season with FCM or Esbjerg as the champions, no disrespect, so certainly wouldn't mind Viborg going all the way!

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby masch1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:58 am

maz wrote:Thankfully the league starts soon and Final Four is even sooner. Let's get Viborg and Tvis in the final. That wouldn't be bad!

In terms of SK and the upcoming half-season, the match-program is much easier than the fall. FCM, Esbjerg, NFH, Viborg all at home and meeting Tvis twice, so we desperately needs some points on the table. I still believe! But if the playoff is at some point unrealistic, I hope we get to see a ton of the players that will possibly replace Fangel, Tranborg and some other players that will not extend their contract.

It will also be exciting to see if Viborg can keep it up. We can't have another season with FCM or Esbjerg as the champions, no disrespect, so certainly wouldn't mind Viborg going all the way!


No offense to TTH but I think that would be a boring final. I know Randers might not do much better but I hope for them anyway, since on a good day I believe they have better chances of playing equally up with VHK (or FCM). Especially when they have probably more fresh players than Viborg and FCM.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:26 pm

masch1 wrote:
maz wrote:Thankfully the league starts soon and Final Four is even sooner. Let's get Viborg and Tvis in the final. That wouldn't be bad!

In terms of SK and the upcoming half-season, the match-program is much easier than the fall. FCM, Esbjerg, NFH, Viborg all at home and meeting Tvis twice, so we desperately needs some points on the table. I still believe! But if the playoff is at some point unrealistic, I hope we get to see a ton of the players that will possibly replace Fangel, Tranborg and some other players that will not extend their contract.

It will also be exciting to see if Viborg can keep it up. We can't have another season with FCM or Esbjerg as the champions, no disrespect, so certainly wouldn't mind Viborg going all the way!


No offense to TTH but I think that would be a boring final. I know Randers might not do much better but I hope for them anyway, since on a good day I believe they have better chances of playing equally up with VHK (or FCM). Especially when they have probably more fresh players than Viborg and FCM.

I don't think it would. Cup-matches have a life of their own, so I think it's more fun to see a lesser ranked team play one of the top dogs instead of just seeing two top teams in the final.

User avatar
masch1
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1530
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby masch1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:57 pm

maz wrote:
masch1 wrote:
maz wrote:Thankfully the league starts soon and Final Four is even sooner. Let's get Viborg and Tvis in the final. That wouldn't be bad!

In terms of SK and the upcoming half-season, the match-program is much easier than the fall. FCM, Esbjerg, NFH, Viborg all at home and meeting Tvis twice, so we desperately needs some points on the table. I still believe! But if the playoff is at some point unrealistic, I hope we get to see a ton of the players that will possibly replace Fangel, Tranborg and some other players that will not extend their contract.

It will also be exciting to see if Viborg can keep it up. We can't have another season with FCM or Esbjerg as the champions, no disrespect, so certainly wouldn't mind Viborg going all the way!


No offense to TTH but I think that would be a boring final. I know Randers might not do much better but I hope for them anyway, since on a good day I believe they have better chances of playing equally up with VHK (or FCM). Especially when they have probably more fresh players than Viborg and FCM.

I don't think it would. Cup-matches have a life of their own, so I think it's more fun to see a lesser ranked team play one of the top dogs instead of just seeing two top teams in the final.


Hm, maybe but not in the final imo. When FCM slaughtered TTH in the pokal cup final it was one of the most dull and dissapointing finals I recall :(

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:35 pm

We will see! It will be good to have some Danish handball back no matter what results we will get :D

I'm interested to see what Skanderborg does with Ida Mikkelsen leaving them. They have one of the best and most over-looked players in the u18-league in Katrine Larson, so we might get to see her on their senior-team. They might not even think it's necessary to put another player on the team after Mikkelsen's departure.

User avatar
heavenly
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 946
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: France
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby heavenly » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Top 3 of the best young players.
1 - Mie Højlund :)
2 - Mette Tranborg
3 - Sara Hald

Mie and Mette will play for Odense next season. Pytlick was clever to convince them very early. ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eACXnzXMBcQ

User avatar
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby Mixball » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:41 pm

heavenly wrote:Top 3 of the best young players.
1 - Mie Højlund :)
2 - Mette Tranborg
3 - Sara Hald

Mie and Mette will play for Odense next season. Pytlick was clever to convince them very early. ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eACXnzXMBcQ

Booooh... #-o
Althea Reinhardt only as no. 4. Oh-well whatever and s**t, dat mep system never do full justice to GK's anyway imo. :-" :-k
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Kristina Jørgensen also deserves a mention. She's been fantastic in both attack and defense. She's probably the young player in the league who takes most responsibility in attack. Everything goes through her.

User avatar
thomz
Extra Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby thomz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:20 pm

Mixball wrote:
heavenly wrote:Top 3 of the best young players.
1 - Mie Højlund :)
2 - Mette Tranborg
3 - Sara Hald

Mie and Mette will play for Odense next season. Pytlick was clever to convince them very early. ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eACXnzXMBcQ

Booooh... #-o
Althea Reinhardt only as no. 4. Oh-well whatever and s**t, dat mep system never do full justice to GK's anyway imo. :-" :-k


Or defense players, ect ect ect :-"

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:44 pm

http://skaarhus.dk/2016/12/28/hovedakti ... ehandbold/

This is by far the most depressing news of the holidays. Without Hommelhoff there will be no professional women's handball in Aarhus, and I have serious doubts that another key investor will turn up before summer 2017. It was always the plan that Hommelhoff wouldn't help SK forever. It was temporary money until SK was financially stabile and well. He saw the writing on the wall that it was never happening and you can't really blame him for leaving now.

So all players are free to leave if they get a good offer containing money. Some will stay and we still have a good talent-mass to pick from but this is the last season we have a somewhat competitive team in the best league. Such a shame. I hoped we were over the 1st division days.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:57 pm

Skovbakken is not going to have a team in the best league next season, so if key sponsors, big investors don't turn up within the next 14 days, there will be no team from Aarhus in the best two Danish leagues. That is a damn, damn shame and in the long run it will probably end up ruining what is considered the best talent-area in Denmark. That is going to hurt handball in general in Denmark.

Hopefully HEI and VRI, somewhat AGF, can keep up their talent-development without a bigger club taking the charge, when the players reach the 17/18 years. There's nothing for the talents to really look up to anymore and that will end up meaning that talents will simply leave the city for better opportunities. In many ways this is going to help Skanderborg a ton!

And if we are real, I don't think an investor is going to turn up, and that will mean ALL players will have to find a new place. These players are way too good to play for Skovbakken in the 2nd division. Just at a time where we have a golden era with our youth team in Aarhus. It will be tough to see true Aarhus-girls like Pontoppidan, Trine Leth, Emma Mogensen, Anne Tolstrup and so on play for other teams but I will definitely continue to root for them no matter where they play.

Hopefully the young players land in a good situation. I would hate if a player like Emma Laursen doesn't get the full out of her potential because she deserves it. Also Lea Hansen who has been phenomenal this season, Lærke Sørensen, Ryesberg and so on.

Hopefully the teams go out with a bang. Finish the season off strong and the u18s might even with DM.

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:12 pm

I guess it's great for Voel that Okkels and Fangel had some fantastic combinations yesterday.

It was great to get a win though. Juncker was absolutely phenomenal in the last 10 minutes. Saving everything and then Tranborg finished it off. Showing that see can decide a match. There was no reason for why the match ended up being close other than the SK players were not focused in big parts of the match because TTH wasn't really dangerous. Hougaard was good on the wing and you can really see her confidence rise with every shot she takes.

User avatar
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby Mixball » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 am

Team of round 11 :

GK: Sabine Englert, FC Midtjylland (2)
LW: Maria Mose Vestergaard, Team Esbjerg (1)
LB: Cecilie Mørch Hansen, Ringkøbing (1)
PM: Mia Rej, København (2)
RB: Anne Cecilie De La Cour, København (2)
RW: Michaela Ek, Ringkøbing (1)
LP: Camilla Fangel, SK Aarhus (1)

https://youtu.be/AZpQjKggsEI
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

User avatar
maz
Extra Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:33 am
Location: Aarhus
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Uno and Bodholdt were absolutely amazing yesterday. They dominated the match from the first until the last minute of the match. Mie Sørensen also did well, so we didn't see Nordstrøm in action.

Pontoppidan had one of her better matches this season and several times made MP look like a fool with her misdirections but overall it wasn't a good match for the SK girls. A few players had their moments like Juncker in the first half, Tranborg, Leth, Tolstrup here and there. Amalie Jacobsen did wonders when she came in towards the end.

For Viborg though. I don't think they have ANY chance of winning the title this year, if they don't get at least one right wing on their team. Without a RW they are close to being doomed against the bigger teams.

User avatar
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1022
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby Mixball » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:24 am

maz wrote:Uno and Bodholdt were absolutely amazing yesterday. They dominated the match from the first until the last minute of the match.

As a result they both made it to ...
Image
Team of round 12 :

GK: Stephanie Andersen, Silkeborg-Voel (1)
LW: Hege Bakken Wahlquist, TTH Holstebro (1)
LB: Trine Bach Troelsen, Silkeborg-Voel (5)
PM: Line Uno, Viborg HK (1)
RB: Nathalie Hagman, Nykøbing F. (3)
RW: Louise Lyksborg, Silkeborg-Voel (1)
LP: Stine Bodholt, Viborg HK (1)
=D>
https://youtu.be/4oquQr81JKw
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

User avatar
heavenly
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 946
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: France
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby heavenly » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:26 am

Viborg HK vs TTH Holstebro: 34-35. Photos:
http://hfoto.dk/foto/thumbnails.php?album=995
http://viborg-folkeblad.dk/article_gallery/308688

Congrats TTH :) Big respect for this young team. =D>


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Faith, Flash, Google [Bot] and 3 guests