Danish League 2016/2017

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby Mixball » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:43 pm

maz wrote:I get that Team of the Round is massively flawed but it really annoys me that they/"it" has selected Trine Østergaard ahead of Charlotte Lund because the latter was a lot better. She might have had the best overall performance from a right wing this season but because they only take numbers into account, she doesn't get the credit she deserves for her performance. Not taking anything away from Trine Østergaard who played very well and in any other week, I wouldn't care because then she would have probably deserved it. This round though, Charlotte Lund was outstanding.

Well, sure it doesn't do full justice, but nevertheless (round 3) :

GK Odense HC Althea Reinhardt (1)
RW FC Midtjylland Trine Østergaard (1)
RB Nykøbing F Håndboldklub Nathalie Hagman (1)
CB Skanderborg Håndbold Laura Damgaard Lund (1)
LW Viborg HK Ann Grete Nørgaard (1)
LB FC Midtjylland Stine Jørgensen (2)
LP Nykøbing F Håndboldklub Mette Gravholt (2)
:)

I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:36 am

So only Viborg still has the chance to go through the season undefeated (I doubt it ofc but in theory). Everybody else have already lost a game.

But fun matches/results yesterday. Pleased about the Odense and Copenhagen wins, but also good to see the younger players perform well, especially Althea and Vind with 40% (12/30 + 0/0) and 44% (15/34 + 2/3) bring some hope for the future on the Danish NT's keeper spot, if they can keep it up like so far.
AM Hansen and Mai Kragballe also seems to have had good performances for Copenhagen. Despite the big defeat, I read Højlund also caused CPH some problems especially in first half, so that is good 8:)
Uno + Haugsted ofc made the absence of Skov a lot less noticeable. However I expect VHK will still be a lot up and down.
Maria Mose Vestergaard in the last 2 matches for TE seems determined to show Nygaard, that she is up for the job too :)

Of the older players, I'm pleased to see Poulsen make such a comeback. On 50% (10/20 + 0/5) after four months out and only 2 matches or so back. That's impressive :) Although some of FCMs shots were not that impressive.

I will be surprised if we don't see Louise Føns with 9/9 + 1 7m for CPH on team of the round, along with Okkels on 11 (10/13 + 1/2) + 2 assists :D I didn't bother with the math on comparing them with other players though :P

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:32 am

So Pytlick would like to see the Danish clubs and NT playing "harder":
http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2016-09-2 ... -i-danmark

I think he's right. In junior level, playing "harder" is not necessary that's why the junior Danish teams have so many success. But in senior and international level, having a great physique (for playing harder) is crucial if DEN wants to top the podium again. It can also prevent serious injuries which were another big problem for DEN. A better physique is finally a big factor for the consistency of the performances too.

Why DEN couldn't product any world class players for ages ? Norway could do it despite lower results in junior level.

A revolution is needed in Denmark. Pytlick =D>

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Rock solid defense and better wings did it for Odense. Both teams young GK's shined and Nolsøe and Mulle had an off day .
OHC-NFH 27-21 (14-10)
1half
2half

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks Mixball. Too too much mistakes for this match.
Agesen always looks nervous when his team is losing.
So NFH deserved the defeat. :p Congrats Odense !

Nolsøe was not good because Reinhardt knows her so well. :D

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Well, well, derbies are always (or should be) unpredictable. Nice return Rikke P. and Haugsted showed some nice bombs I must say =D> .
Some trouble with the final score, but it didn't matter at all. #-o
Viborg-FCM 24-19 (11-11)
1half
2half

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:14 am

For those in Norway, Norwegian TV2 Sportskanalen will send Nykøbing Falster - Randers today 16.00
It looks like Norwegian TV2 sportskanalen will show 1 match from the danish league every week (men or women)

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:18 am

jensm wrote:For those in Norway, Norwegian TV2 Sportskanalen will send Nykøbing Falster - Randers today 16.00
It looks like Norwegian TV2 sportskanalen will show 1 match from the danish league every week (men or women)

So they broadcast a match from last week? :D
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:55 am

max wrote:
jensm wrote:For those in Norway, Norwegian TV2 Sportskanalen will send Nykøbing Falster - Randers today 16.00

So they broadcast a match from last week? :D

heheee, Nykøbing Falster - Esbjerg! Sorry & Thank you! :)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Decent win. First half was very sloppy but SK was still in control all the way. Second half Skanderborg got a bit tired and SK completely dominated. Especially the first 15. The last 15 was used to experiment a bit with 7v6 and Lærke C/Tranborg on the court at the same time.

Tranborg, Okkels, Juncker, Tolstrup were all very good today. Juncker had her best match this season and it was nice seeing Tolstrup step up when Charlotte Lund didn't really perform at her usual level at the moment. Our RW-situation looks better than expected before the season. Much better play right now than in the beginning of the season! Now we just need the top teams to start winning consistently.

The Skanderborg-team has so many exciting players but the inexperience on their team is killing them at the moment. I really like the playing style of Celine Holst. She is a physical pivot with great movement.

By the way: Poor Lærke Sofie Sørensen. She had all kinds of problems managing the tickets in the entrance but she is always smiling and being kind, so she managed to make it positive! :D

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:33 am

Stine Jørgensen player of the month in the Danish League - congrats :!: :D

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:15 pm

Team of round 5:

GK SK Aarhus Mathilde Juncker (1)
RW Team Tvis Holstebro (H) Stine Andersen (2)
RB SK Aarhus Mette Tranborg (1)
PM Team Esbjerg Estavana Polman (1)
LW Viborg HK Ann Grete Nørgaard (2)
LB Silkeborg-Voel KFUM Trine Troelsen (2)
LP Team Esbjerg Ulrika Toft Hansen (1)

itwas82
Extra Member

Postby itwas82 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Mixball wrote:Team of round 5:

GK SK Aarhus Mathilde Juncker (1)
RW Team Tvis Holstebro (H) Stine Andersen (2)
RB SK Aarhus Mette Tranborg (1)
PM Team Esbjerg Estavana Polman (1)
LW Viborg HK Ann Grete Nørgaard (2)
LB Silkeborg-Voel KFUM Trine Troelsen (2)
LP Team Esbjerg Ulrika Toft Hansen (1)

Thanks Mixball, I'm enjoying the Danish League thanks to you. By the way, who were the players of the round 4?

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Team for the Round 4

GK: Emma Friberg, Ringkøbing Håndbold (1)
LW: Louise Føns, Copenhagen Håndbold (1)
LB: Anna Sophie Okkels, SK Aarhus (1)
PM: Mai Kragballe, Copenhagen Håndbold (1)
RB: Nathalie Hagman, Nykøbing F. Håndboldklub (2)
RW: Stine Andersen, TTH Holstebro (1)
LP: Sara Hald, TTH Holstebro (2)

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:08 pm

TTH-Randers 29-24 (16-12)
TTH's Wichmann and Eriksson got some wicked (oh-boy yes I know #-o ) shots away and plus with the diversity in attack by Anette Jensen made Randers defense look clueless.
1half
2half

Team of round 6:

GK: SABINE ENGLERT, FC Midtjylland (1)
LW: OKSANA KISELEVA, Odense HC (2)
LB: AMALIE WICHMANN, TTH Holstebro (1)
PM: KRISTINA KRISTIANSEN, Nykøbing F. Håndboldklub (2)
RB: MARIE PAULE GNABOUYOU, Viborg HK (2)
RW:MAIBRITT KVIESGAARD, Team Esbjerg (1)
LP: SARAH IVERSEN, Nykøbing F. Håndboldklub (1)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Not to go too off-topic, but it's difficult being in Aarhus and not being excited about the u18-team and just the overall youth in the Aarhus area. The u18s have played two matches and won both by +9. A backcourt consisting of Stine Schmidt, Cecilie Thomsen and Emma Laursen is a great sign for the future, and Cecilie isn't even playing at the moment. Stine Schmidt is so versatile being a left back with the ability to play both playmaker and contribute at right back. Lea Hansen, Lærke Sørensen, Kamilla Bruus, Katja Ryesberg. It's definitely the best youth team that's ever been here in Aarhus.

And it's how the top handball is going to be sustained in Aarhus. We cannot compete with salaries around the league, so we gotta develop our own talents and the future looks promising. If/when players like Tranborg, Okkels, Juncker leave to play for bigger teams, then we probably have to replace them within our own ranks, so that's when players on this u18-team need to step up and hopefully they will be able to do that.

A u18-DM title wouldn't be too bad either ;)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:36 pm

maz wrote:...Lea Hansen, Lærke Sørensen, Kamilla Bruus, Katja Ryesberg. It's definitely the best youth team that's ever been here in Aarhus. )

Almost predicting the future here ;) I mention her 5 days ago and now she is in the senior-squad. Katja is a an exciting player!

In terms of the match, it was kind of embarrassing, I must admit. If you want to be fighting for a playoff-spot, then you really have to beat RIngkøbing but they are always a difficult team to beat, it seems. SK really needs to raise the level of play in the last few matches before the break.

The ref made a terrible call in the last minute, when Tranborg scored and he called her for an attacking foul. That could have decided the match but it wasn't the refs reason this ended as a tie.

Also note to Holmris: Fangel does not work as a central defender. Should be obvious by now but I guess not. We really need a Pontoppidan to be 100% healthy soon. She is so important.

In other news. Shame to see Laura Nørgaard leave. She is one of the Aarhus-players, so never want to see them leave the team but she is making a wise career-decision. I think she should have been used more on the team. EH Aalborg have been looking for a new pivot after Mille Guldhøj got injured and needed surgery - Now they found a great one! I hope EH Aalborg gets promoted to the league. Good luck to them and Laura!

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Team of round 7
LW: AG, VHK (3)
LP: Sarah Iversen, NFH (2)
RW: Louise Kristensen, NFH (1)
LB: Anna Sophie Okkels, SK Aarhus (2)
PM: Veronica Kristiansen, FCM (1)
RB: Anne Cecilie de la Cour, CPH (1)
GK: Mette Iversen Sahlholdt, NFH (1)

And some selected clips with the players of team of the round: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=638092053019656

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:27 pm

As noted before Pontoppidan is not 100% injured and as you can see on the picture, her right elbow is heavily taped up. She is only playing in attack at the moment. We really need her back completely healthy because she is so important offensively and defensively. Also a picture of the young gun Katja Ryesberg playing in Laura Nørgaard's old jersey!
Last edited by maz on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:08 pm

Team Esbjerg - Viborg 27-30 (17-13)
Topscores:
Laura VAN DER HEIJDEN 8
Marie-Paule GNABOUYOU 6
Line HAUGSTED 6
Ann Grete NØRGAARD 6

Another big win for Viborg that proves their current top spot position isn't just a random spike. 8:)
1.half
2.half

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:11 pm

Althea Reinhardt video interview:
http://www.tv2fyn.dk/ugens-gaester/alth ... 0_ze9vbuwk

Can a gentle Danish member make a translation of what she said during this interview ?
Thanks in advance :).

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Team Esbjerg - København 23-22 (13-10)
Topscores:
Estavana Polman 6,
Mia Rej 8

1half
2half

Ace not shooting well until in the last 10 minutes for København was kinda decisive although many underperforming players in Esbjerg also had impact on the close result. :-k
Or just maybe the poor Esbjerg performance was all master schemed by Essie to make her grand finish. 8:) :)
https://youtu.be/DnzE8rGIqs8

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:47 am

heavenly wrote:Althea Reinhardt video interview:
http://www.tv2fyn.dk/ugens-gaester/alth ... 0_ze9vbuwk

Can a gentle Danish member make a translation of what she said during this interview ?
Thanks in advance :).

I don't know about gentle, but I can give it a shot :P She mostly talks about how Odense has received her, and how it is to move from a smaller club to a more professional set-up. She says everyone has been very good at taking care of her and coaching her and mentions Pytlick, Gitte Sunesen and Chana (she says Chana is fantastic at coaching her on the sideline but that Chana struggles with her knee, which means Althea got more playing time). She also describes how she reacted to the news that she was in the 28 (surprised and happy ofc) and that she thinks she's on the last available spot in the team and doesn't count on going to the championship, but that she is just happy to be there, since it's the first step towards her dream (playing in the A team). She also says she's surprised about the good start she's gotten in the league and her saving %, but that she also thinks she is benefitting a little bit from the other players not knowing her so well yet.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:29 am

Ok merci masch :).

Well, Althea is very promising young keeper and mature too. I appreciated her speech and hope she'll have a long and successful career in front of her..

I have also read some interviews from Mie Højlund who's mature and highly talented as well.

Well, Reinhardt and Højlund are clearly my fave players from the U20 world champions' squad. Fingers crossed I don't jinx them after saying this. :)

The curse concerning the bad transition between the junior and senior levels must be broken !
For the good sake of Danish handball...

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:33 pm

The queens of close defeats. Another terribly painful one. So many idiotic personal errors. Okkels absolutely terrified of throwing the ball into an empty net and Lærke C shooting wildly inaccurate within seconds of beginning the attack. This should have never been a defeat but it's just another season like that unfortunately. It was also another match where the refs made a weird call in the last minute. That's not a trend worth continuing.

Hopefully the coaches, especially the mental coach probably, can pick this team up. Give them some confidence again because for the most part, this was a decent effort. Just incredibly frustrating ending up with 0 points when you really, really should have gotten 2. The championship-break will be much needed to give the players some rest and let smaller injuries be completely healed.

Thankfully, Aarhus is still dominating in youth handball. Now we just need the seniors to be a bit less frustrating.

Return to “Female Handball”