masch1 wrote:Team of round 8:
GK: Rikke Poulsen (1)
LW: Oksana Kiseleva (3)
LB: Stine Jørgensen (3)
PM: Mia Rej (1)
RB: Mette Tranborg (2)
RW: Jessica Da Silva Quintino (2)
LP: Kathrine Heindahl (1)

Seems like Kiseleva is really having fun! How is she on the court and maybe what does she say about her time in DK? ;)

maz
Extra Member

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby maz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Staying in the Højlund to Odense-theme. What a massive blow this must be for Randers. They spend a lot of money on youth development and then to have their crown jewel leaving the team, not because of Odense giving her a much better salary, but because she believes it will benefit her development more than staying. They have invested in her and then she leaves them before her career really begins. It must hurt and it's without a doubt going to hurt their youth recruitment in the future.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:02 pm

maz wrote:Staying in the Højlund to Odense-theme. What a massive blow this must be for Randers. They spend a lot of money on youth development and then to have their crown jewel leaving the team, not because of Odense giving her a much better salary, but because she believes it will benefit her development more than staying. They have invested in her and then she leaves them before her career really begins. It must hurt and it's without a doubt going to hurt their youth recruitment in the future.

Yes it's not good news for them, however I'm not sure it will affect their youth recruitment. Don't they mostly recruit local talents? Interesting if other players will leave too from Randers now, but I suppose they still have big names under contract so maybe not?

But it seems like a smart choice by Højlund, so many benefits and less risk of being overused.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Wbk wrote:

Seems like Kiseleva is really having fun! How is she on the court and maybe what does she say about her time in DK? ;)

Looking apart from today, in the matches I've seen her play, she's looked stable and on a high level. It's been a pleasure to watch wingplay on that level in Odense (also Quintino). But I haven't seen any interviews with her yet, so I can't say, what she says...

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:02 pm

masch1 wrote:
maz wrote:Staying in the Højlund to Odense-theme. What a massive blow this must be for Randers. They spend a lot of money on youth development and then to have their crown jewel leaving the team, not because of Odense giving her a much better salary, but because she believes it will benefit her development more than staying. They have invested in her and then she leaves them before her career really begins. It must hurt and it's without a doubt going to hurt their youth recruitment in the future.

Yes it's not good news for them, however I'm not sure it will affect their youth recruitment. Don't they mostly recruit local talents? Interesting if other players will leave too from Randers now, but I suppose they still have big names under contract so maybe not?

They do recruit locally but they still recruit in the Viborg, Aarhus-area and just around Jylland and many players saw Randers as one of the premium players for development. It looks like that is slowly starting to change, and Højlund leaving for Odense just cements that. They have lost many talents in the last 4-5 years. They can also not get players from the Aarhus-area anymore with SK and Skanderborg as the superior places at the moment.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 pm

And the highlights with the team of round 8: https://www.facebook.com/Dameligaen/vid ... main_video

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:09 am

If I were a top team, fan of a top team, I would be scared of Viborg. They are by far the best team at the moment and the depth they have is incredible. Everybody is showing up when they need them to. Mie Sørensen stepping up and having a phenomenal match when they need her to. Lundgren, Paulsen, Clara Høgh all playing decently in the minutes they get. Individually Viborg isn't the best team in the league but in terms of being a team, they certainly are. Long time until it really matters though, so it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up. Scary Viborg!

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:30 am

If only Viborg doesn't have any serious financial problems. :roll:

By the way, Skov and Seglem can stop their long career. Respect for both players but the club doesn't need them for the future. Yes, it's important to believe and give responsibility to the young players. It's working perfectly until now !

Viborg vs NFH photos:
http://www.eventmedia.dk/index/G0000H3_ ... 5ViDUCUkps
http://hfoto.dk/foto/thumbnails.php?album=990

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 pm

maz wrote:If I were a top team, fan of a top team, I would be scared of Viborg. They are by far the best team at the moment and the depth they have is incredible. Everybody is showing up when they need them to. Mie Sørensen stepping up and having a phenomenal match when they need her to. Lundgren, Paulsen, Clara Høgh all playing decently in the minutes they get. Individually Viborg isn't the best team in the league but in terms of being a team, they certainly are. Long time until it really matters though, so it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up. Scary Viborg!

Viborg-NFH : 31-23 (16-11)
Topscores :
Carin Strömberg 7
Johanna Westberg 6, Kristina Kristiansen 6
1half
2half
:)
Last edited by Mixball on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:46 pm

maz wrote:If I were a top team, fan of a top team, I would be scared of Viborg. They are by far the best team at the moment and the depth they have is incredible. Everybody is showing up when they need them to. Mie Sørensen stepping up and having a phenomenal match when they need her to. Lundgren, Paulsen, Clara Høgh all playing decently in the minutes they get. Individually Viborg isn't the best team in the league but in terms of being a team, they certainly are. Long time until it really matters though, so it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up. Scary Viborg!

They certainly look very impressive at the moment. I get the feeling Allan Heine is very good at communicating with his players and making them feel comfortable :) also nice to see that there are several leaders in the team, stepping up when necessary and Uno has become more experienced in when to switch the engine on and when not. As Trine Jensen also noticed, AG, has also looked better in defense lately, being fooled less often. Ofc Hagman was kind of far gone yesterday and Louise Kristensen hasn't been impressive, but it seems a general tendency in several matches now, and not just yesterday.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:54 pm

masch1 wrote:

They certainly look very impressive at the moment. I get the feeling Allan Heine is very good at communicating with his players and making them feel comfortable :) also nice to see that there are several leaders in the team, stepping up when necessary and Uno has become more experienced in when to switch the engine on and when not. As Trine Jensen also noticed, AG, has also looked better in defense lately, being fooled less often. Ofc Hagman was kind of far gone yesterday and Louise Kristensen hasn't been impressive, but it seems a general tendency in several matches now, and not just yesterday.

Heine definitely seems like a player's coach and good at building a culture within the team. They look and play united. That's something I often lack when watching Esbjerg and sometimes FCM. And I agree with AG. She has been great this seaon.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:26 am

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Randers HK – Team Esbjerg 27-30 (14-14)
Topscores :
Mie Højlund 8, Kathrine Heindahl 6
Ulrika Toft Hansen 8, Estavana Polman 7

Despite the sore defeat in CL against Larvik and a terrible boat trip in Skagerrak back home under the mercy of the Nordic thunder-god Thor (yark-yark), Team Esbjerg weathered the storm of Højlund and co. :)

1half
2half

Player of the month for October is :
Estavana Polman
:)
Last edited by Mixball on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:40 pm

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Skanderborg is, for me, a good example on why the league should be expanded with a few teams because it's so wonderful seeing young players like Kristina Jørgensen, Celine Holst, Nicoline Olsen and so on get playing time against great players. So good for their development. Just their entire set-up focusing on development and not so much winning the matches is great. Other teams in the 1st division are trying to follow their example.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:38 am

maz wrote:Skanderborg is, for me, a good example on why the league should be expanded with a few teams because it's so wonderful seeing young players like Kristina Jørgensen, Celine Holst, Nicoline Olsen and so on get playing time against great players. So good for their development. Just their entire set-up focusing on development and not so much winning the matches is great. Other teams in the 1st division are trying to follow their example.

I watched the first half now, and I noticed they said Pytlick expects Kristina Jørgensen to become one of the big names of the Danish NT in the future. She does look pretty promising. When Skanderborg relegates after the season, I wonder if one of the big clubs will sign her, or if she'll want to spend another year in 1st division.

FCM very superior to TTH, I thought TTH would be able to pressure them more. But good for FCM if they were able to rest some players.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:00 am

masch1 wrote:
maz wrote:Skanderborg is, for me, a good example on why the league should be expanded with a few teams because it's so wonderful seeing young players like Kristina Jørgensen, Celine Holst, Nicoline Olsen and so on get playing time against great players. So good for their development. Just their entire set-up focusing on development and not so much winning the matches is great. Other teams in the 1st division are trying to follow their example.

I watched the first half now, and I noticed they said Pytlick expects Kristina Jørgensen to become one of the big names of the Danish NT in the future. She does look pretty promising. When Skanderborg relegates after the season, I wonder if one of the big clubs will sign her, or if she'll want to spend another year in 1st division.

FCM very superior to TTH, I thought TTH would be able to pressure them more. But good for FCM if they were able to rest some players.

I would agree with Pytlick. Hopefully she keeps developing. I would hope she either stays at Skanderborg or goes to a middle-team in the League. I would love having her on a certain team in Aarhus. Will be interesting seeing what all the exciting, young Skanderborg-talents will do after the season. Hopefully they still stay somewhat together.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:44 pm

Shame that second halfs exist because they have been a killer. Let's just get to the NT-break, would be nice to get there with a win over NFH but we need the players to get back to 100%. Playoff is still a possibility but this team have to perform so much better and need to be so much more clinical.

But congrats to KBH for the win!

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:10 am

maz wrote:Shame that second halfs exist because they have been a killer. Let's just get to the NT-break, would be nice to get there with a win over NFH but we need the players to get back to 100%. Playoff is still a possibility but this team have to perform so much better and need to be so much more clinical.

Yeah that was quite a turnover, CPH went from 8-11 to 18-13 :shock: And Rej is now in top 5 MEP for the Danish league, but she's not "good enough" to be in the 28 squad :lol: And yes yes, I know, stats are not the whole story, but still quite impressive. If only she had started the season a little stronger.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:40 am

Team of the round 9

GK: Stine Bonde Aagaard, Silkeborg (1)
LW: Ann Grete Nørgaard, Viborg (4)
LB: Trine Troelsen, Silkeborg (3)
PM: Mie Højlund, Randers (2)
RB: Michelle Brandstrup, Ringkøbing (1)
RW: Jessica Da Silva Quintino, Odense (3)
LP: Ulrika Toft Hansen, Esbjerg (2)

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:45 am

masch1 wrote:Team of the round 9

GK: Stine Bonde Aagaard, Silkeborg (1)
LW: Ann Grete Nørgaard, Viborg (4)
LB: Trine Troelsen, Silkeborg (3)
PM: Mie Højlund, Randers (2)
RB: Michelle Brandstrup, Ringkøbing (1)
RW: Jessica Da Silva Quintino, Odense (3)
LP: Ulrika Toft Hansen, Esbjerg (2)

Højlund =D>

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:45 pm

masch1 wrote:
maz wrote:Shame that second halfs exist because they have been a killer. Let's just get to the NT-break, would be nice to get there with a win over NFH but we need the players to get back to 100%. Playoff is still a possibility but this team have to perform so much better and need to be so much more clinical.

Yeah that was quite a turnover, CPH went from 8-11 to 18-13 :shock: And Rej is now in top 5 MEP for the Danish league, but she's not "good enough" to be in the 28 squad :lol: And yes yes, I know, stats are not the whole story, but still quite impressive. If only she had started the season a little stronger.

It's great seeing Rej finding her usual form again! She started the season a bit slow but now we see the Rej from last season. Controlling matches with her skill. An absolute joy.

In other news, two of the biggest talents in the 1st division Line Larsen and Ida-Marie Dahl squared off today. Ajax won the match and Dahl scored 9 goals to Line Larsen's 3. Ajax certainly looking like the team, we will see next season.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:40 am

Thank God we have arrived at the championship-break. NFH embarassed SK in the first half, but a decent second half turned it into an okay result. Lærke Sørensen was named SK's player of the match after a great second half with a ton of great saves.

The u18 players like Lærke and Katja Ryesberg already playing with the senior-team is something we'll see more in the second half of the season because of the contracts running out. We could even see the young Emma Laursen because of Tranborg leaving. The more experienced u18-players we'll definitely see. Lea Hansen, Kamilla Bruus and so on.

In terms of half-way status. It's been frustrating. The stars haven't been consistent enough and too many times we've been dependant on one player instead of several player contributing. We need a fully healthy Pontoppidan to glue the attack together and put some pace into it. The good news is that Charlotte Lund is a great signing. Physical defender with amazing speed. She's adjusting to the league and she is only getting better.

Pictures of NFH-SK here: http://www.eventmedia.dk/index/G0000bZw ... 8wqleKdyRk

Lærke S and Ryesberg even have their own jerseys now. Talk about improvement from last season :lol:

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 am

Well deserved break for all teams. And yes, happy that Lærke Sørensen has her own jersey now. :) She's not Juncker after all. :p

By the way, the three TV2 experts have presented their "Autumn team":
http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2016-11-1 ... arets-hold

Trine Jensen team doesn't look solid compared to the two others experts teams. But I'm glad she has noticed that the two big Danish talents Højlund and Reinhardt played well during the first part of the current season. :D

Return to “Female Handball”