Danish League 2016/2017

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Danish League 2016/2017

Postby Mixball » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:37 pm

masch1 wrote:
Mixball wrote:Btw masch1, I just went through the bloody math for your sake to get your hopes high for a possible outcome in the last round.
:) 8:)
It seems that in case of both NFH and KBH wins and a Viborg draw, the positioning of the 3 teams at equal points will be
2. KBH
3. NFH
4. Viborg
if my calc isn't way off hahaha . :lol:
This ofc also puts HCO in playoff as 6'th place and Team Esbjerg out . :-"

Haha, nice, thanks :D but I don't really believe much in Copenhagen beating FCM after seeing FCM play today. Not even at home :) and I'm pretty sure NFH will win their match.

It doesn't seem impossible that Odense can beat Viborg at home though, seeing what state Viborg is in right now.

Yep, my basic assumption is also a NFH win unless maz's girls is in for a surprise . But the FCM win over Randers didn't tell the full truth about FCM since Randers surely was in vacation mode imo. :-k

I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Be ready for a surprise. SK going out with a bang! :D

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 am

Mixball wrote:
masch1 wrote:
Mixball wrote:Btw masch1, I just went through the bloody math for your sake to get your hopes high for a possible outcome in the last round.
:) 8:)
It seems that in case of both NFH and KBH wins and a Viborg draw, the positioning of the 3 teams at equal points will be
2. KBH
3. NFH
4. Viborg
if my calc isn't way off hahaha . :lol:
This ofc also puts HCO in playoff as 6'th place and Team Esbjerg out . :-"

Haha, nice, thanks :D but I don't really believe much in Copenhagen beating FCM after seeing FCM play today. Not even at home :) and I'm pretty sure NFH will win their match.

It doesn't seem impossible that Odense can beat Viborg at home though, seeing what state Viborg is in right now.

Yep, my basic assumption is also a NFH win unless maz's girls is in for a surprise . But the FCM win over Randers didn't tell the full truth about FCM since Randers surely was in vacation mode imo. :-k

Hm, yes perhaps Randers was a bit relaxed. And maybe Fisker could have played, if it had been an important match for them? Not sure how serious her injury is... But so far CPH seems to have a FCM complex. Their pokal match at home against FCM was very poor..

maz wrote:Be ready for a surprise. SK going out with a bang! :D

What kind of a bang? A good bang or imploding? :p :lol:

Team of the round 21

LW: Freja Cohrt, Silkeborg (3)
LB: Jenny Alm, Esbjerg (1)
PM: Veronica Kristiansen, FCM (2)
RB: Nathalie Hagman, NFH (6)
RW: Jessica Da Silva Quintino, HCO (4)
LP: Majbritt Toft Hansen, Skanderborg (1)
GK: Ine Stangvik, CPH (1)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

masch1 wrote:
maz wrote:Be ready for a surprise. SK going out with a bang! :D

What kind of a bang? A good bang or imploding? :p :lol:

Hopefully a very good bang but when it's NFH, it will probably end up as an implosion :lol:

ugf
Regular

Postby ugf » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Where I Can find live streaming SK Arhus vs. NFH? :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Team of the round 22

LW: Freja Cohrt, Silkeborg (4)
LP: Sarah Iversen, NFH (3)
RW: Louise Lyksborg, Silkeborg (6)
LB: Anna Sophie Okkels, SK Aarhus (3)
PM: Kristina Kristiansen, NFH (7)
RB: Louise Burgaard, FCM (1)
GK: Althea Reinhardt, HCO (2)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:22 pm

SK Aarhus now only have a few months left of its life. Expect for the Cup, it's pretty much over. Definitely been up and down, a ton of different concepts and even though it didn't end as as overall success, it did provide a ton of new players to the Danish handball scene. I have enjoyed the last 5-6 years more than I enjoyed the first few years, even with the playoff-run. Line Uno just running around players in the 1st division and making them look stupid was awesome.

Now it's going to be Aarhus United with Heine Eriksen in charge and I'm very excited about the project. I've seen the europamester-chat talk a lot about the project but haven't seen anything remotely close to being accurate. People seem to think it's going to be only local players on the team? That would be ideal and if it was possible, then I'm sure Snogdal and the rest of the group would love that but not the case. It's going to be a mixture of Aarhus talents and Danish talents in general with experienced players primarily from Aarhus AND!! a few foreign players. The first year will be a transitional year, so don't expect much. That is just to survive in the league while the squad is still being build. The money just need to be secured so they can announce the new players.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:22 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYOOa3tDsP0&t
This video of the true kamikaze-pilot in Aarhus, Julie Pontoppidan, was brought to my attention. Probably the toughest girl in Danish handball. This is mainly form her fantastic 15/16-season as she has never been fully fit this season - unfortunately. The video is a good show of just how good she was that season, and what incredible potential this young girl has. Thankfully she can rest now until the upcoming season because she deserves to be fit.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:11 pm

The allstar team of the Primo Tours League 2016/2017
(based on statistics)
GK: Sabine Englert, FCM Håndbold, 43,11 MEP
LW: Ann Grete Nørgaard, Viborg HK, 61,42 MEP (same as last year)
LB: Trine Troelsen, Silkeborg-Voel KFUM, 90,54 MEP (same as last year)
PM: Mia Rej, København Håndbold, 73,77 MEP 8:)
RB: Nathalie Hagman, Nykøbing Falster Håndbold 77,50 MEP (same as last year)
RW: Jessica Da Silva Quintino, Odense Håndbold 32,52 MEP
LP: Mette Gravholt, Nykøbing Falster Håndbold 66,53 MEP (same as last year)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 am

Who do people think is going to win talent of the year?

I think Kristina Jørgensen deserves it more than anybody. She's been a rock defensively which is impressive at her age and then she has carried a bit load in attack. If not her then Maria Mose or Laura Lund. But when it's all said and done, it will probably be Tranborg or Højlund.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 am

maz wrote:Who do people think is going to win talent of the year?

I think Kristina Jørgensen deserves it more than anybody. She's been a rock defensively which is impressive at her age and then she has carried a bit load in attack. If not her then Maria Mose or Laura Lund. But when it's all said and done, it will probably be Tranborg or Højlund.

I´m pretty sure Tranborg and Højlund were awarded "talent of the year" in the last two seasons. So they will probably not get the title this year.

I can´t decide whether it should be Kristina Jørgensen or Althea Reinhardt. Jørgensen has done an excellent job for Skanderborg with her 113 goals and great defensive work, but Reinhardt has one of the best (or the best?) saving percentage in the league which is pretty impressive for a 20-year-old. And let´s not forget that Reinhardt made sure that Odense HC won their place in the play-offs with a superb performance in the decisive match against Viborg. She - and she alone - saved Odense in that game.

Other youngster who have done well this season:
Annika Jacobsen, Skanderborg, 58 goals
Line Skak, Tvis Holstebro, 39 goals
Sara Hald, Tvis Holstebro, 68 goals
Line Mai Hougaard (only 17 years old), Tvis Holstebro 32 goals.

Finally I have to praise Emma Friis from FCM. She only became a part of the team after Fie Woller left for Bietigheim during Christmas - since then the 17-year-old has played excellent in the league and even champions league. Earning "rookie of the round" and honestly she should be first choice in front of Mie Augustesen, who is a shadow of her former self.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:20 am

Given that it's voted by the players, I don't think you can discount Tranborg and Højlund unless they just completely throw out past winners from the choices.

I completely forgot about Althea. She has been incredible for HCO but I haven't really seen them play that much, which might be why I forgot about her. Shame on me.

The most impressive about Emma Friis is that, she's the only mentioned player so far, who has played two matches every week since Woller left. She has played with the seniors as well as the u18s and been phenomenal for both. There's not really much to say negatively about her because for her size, she is a strong and fearless defender with a good shot-repertoire. She's not going to win it this year but in the next few, she might.

In theory the award doesn't have to go to a player from the League, although I do think it always has, but Ida-Marie Dahl (114 goals) and Line Berggren Larsen (109 goals) have killed it in the 1st division. Maybe the 1st division players stick up for their talents. These two definitely deserves to be in the conversation.

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Is Mose young enough to receive that award? I think she'll turn 22 soon :)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:15 am

thomz wrote:

Is Mose young enough to receive that award? I think she'll turn 22 soon :)

I actually don't know the age-limit to win it but yeah, 22 might be a bit high. The winner is usually 20 or under and a 22 year old can't really be considered a talent anymore in my opinion :D

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:02 am

Maria Mose Vestergaaard is considered as a talent player. Look at the U-MEP rankings:
http://tophaandbold.dk/statistik/primo- ... gaen/u-mep

If the votes correspond to the rankings, Mette Tranborg should be named as the best talent of the year.
If I have to vote, I would pick Althea Reinhardt or Kristina Jørgensen. Sorry Mie Højlund, you have already the prize. :)
Besides, Mie has won the Danish Cup in December after a great final. She has too many trophies in her hands and I
hope she and Althea will win more with their new club Odense in the upcoming season. :D

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Not really Danish League itself, but the talents are often discussed on this topic.
So maz talked about the U17 DEN which has played a friendly match against Russia
yesterday on the chatroom. Here are some stuff I found on that match.
Tuborg's interview and Danish scorers: http://www.dhf.dk/Presse/nyheder/2017/A ... r_rusland_
Photos: http://hfoto.dk/foto/thumbnails.php?album=1000
Video (from the Russian handball federation): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofmQ7Mf2jdQ

I have also found 2 friendly matches played in october 2016 opposing U17 DEN vs U17 SWE.
1st match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Z0T5BQVPY
2nd match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2NQ3N_cxrQ

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:36 pm

heavenly wrote:Not really Danish League itself, but the talents are often discussed on this topic.
So maz talked about the U17 DEN which has played a friendly match against Russia
yesterday on the chatroom. Here are some stuff I found on that match.
Tuborg's interview and Danish scorers: http://www.dhf.dk/Presse/nyheder/2017/A ... r_rusland_
Photos: http://hfoto.dk/foto/thumbnails.php?album=1000
Video (from the Russian handball federation): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofmQ7Mf2jdQ

I can give a bit extra from the match. It was a decent match clearly with two very talented squads. Tuborg tried the entire squad because he clearly needs to have a some depth with the two tournaments this summer. One of the Danish stand-outs was Therese Durck on the pivot. She was very good, especially in the second half. Good movement and very good shots. On the left back Cecilie Bjerre showed off her amazing shot from distance and especially the goal that secured the win for Denmark was a special one. When it counted, she was the one they relied on. Clara Thomsen had a ton of good passes to the pivot. She provided some stability with good shots and passes. Wierzba is the general of the team. The play calls go through her and she is a fighter. Always gives 100% in the duels. Last one I will mention from the Danish team is goalie Louise Jensen who came on the field in the second half and locked the goal down. The defense also improved but she had a great half.

The Russian team was good but they relied a lot on their two players, their left back #14 and their playmaker #23. Don't know their names.

We'll see how it goes today when they face off again. Two very even teams.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Are you sure Cecilie Bjerre is left back, maz ?
If she wears the #19, she's right back. She looks moving well
and having good shot. So she replaces Jeanette Toft Hansen
who wasn't really convincing in the previous matches...

Just another question. Where's Sophia Snogdal ? Is it Tuborg's choice
not to select her or is she injured ?

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:14 pm

heavenly wrote:Are you sure Cecilie Bjerre is left back, maz ?
If she wears the #19, she's right back. She looks moving well
and having good shot. So she replaces Jeanette Toft Hansen
who wasn't really convincing in the previous matches...

Just another question. Where's Sophia Snogdal ? Is it Tuborg's choice
not to select her or is she injured ?

Cecilie Bjerre is 100% left back. So not going to replace Toft Hansen. Emma Laursen, Clara Thomsen etc would be Toft Hansen's rivals on the right back. #19 is Clara Thomsen by the way.

Snogdal is not injured, as far as I know. Saw her play not that long ago but again. Tuborg has to pick two good squads, so he has to try different players.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 pm

It could be better if you can give the # of the jersey for the
player you're talking, maz. Who wears the #19, the RB ?
Clara Thomsen ? :)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:24 pm

heavenly wrote:It could be better if you can give the # of the jersey for the
player you're talking, maz. Who wears the #19, the RB ?
Clara Thomsen ? :)

Yeah, #19 is Clara Thomsen the RB, but the jersey numbers change from match to match for many of the players. Some do have a number for themself but most change and get a new number, so that will be difficult to keep up with. :)

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 am

Quarter finals:
Silkeborg-KBH 25-29 (10-9)
1.half
2.half
Ooh-boy, how I hate all those silly "empty goal" situations . #-o #-o :roll:

OHC-Viborg 20-22 (11-9)
1.half
2.half
So Viborg did strike back too, and we got two new and final QF's to determine the semifinalist . =D> :)
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 am

maz wrote:We'll see how it goes today when they face off again. Two very even teams.

And it was very, very close yet again. A joy to watch two so evenly matched teams. Both teams have amazing defense, and Denmark even used an attacking defense for most of the match. Goalkeeper Anna Kristensen was the star of the Danish team. She had a ton of amazing saves and combined with her season in Skanderborg, she has had one hell of a year. Emilie Steffensen was finally given the majority of the minutes on the left back, and she dominated the Russian defense with her physique and breakthroughs. She is such a wellrounded player. She can do a little bit of everything. Sylvie Gamys has been consistent on the wing. Not that many chances but she scores when she has one. Playmakers Maja Eiberg and Anna Wierzba did a good job setting up the plays, and Eiberg even had a few good shots from distance.

The Russian team is also an exciting one. Their #23 playmaker Elena Mikhaylichenko is their star, at least she was in this squad. She scored 9 of their 21 goals and everytime they were in trouble, she got on court. She is the complete package in attack but she cannot defend. Then they have a tall right back in Valeriia Maslova, who has a cannon of an arm. Their very small right wing Maria Chernieva was also very good. Very comfortable when she got the chance to score. Their #11 was also always a threat, very quick and dangerous on breakthroughs. I just dont know her name. She's either Arina Lukianova or Anastasia Miklashevskaia.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:25 am

Photos from the second match between U17 DEN and U17 RUS:
http://hfoto.dk/foto/thumbnails.php?album=1001
Tuborg's interview and Danish scorers: http://www.dhf.dk/Presse/nyheder/2017/A ... d_rusland_

I see Jeanette Toft Hansen was back on the team but maz, you didn't say anything on her performance yesterday. Clara Thomsen has better chance to play the U17 Euro instead of Jeanette, right ?

Relegation game (1st leg), Ringkøbing vs Hadsten: 20-20 FT.
Video of the match filmed by a fan from Hadsten: https://www.facebook.com/14918800943684 ... 6378338837

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:32 am

heavenly wrote:I see Jeanette Toft Hansen was back on the team but maz, you didn't say anything on her performance yesterday. Clara Thomsen has better chance to play the U17 Euro instead of Jeanette, right ?

I don't really like to talk about the players who don't perform, especially at that age, but Jeanette Toft didn't play her best match. Bad shots and a few lost balls. I would say that Emma Laursen has one RB spot secured and then Clara Thomsen and Jeanette Toft fighting for the second. Clara Thomsen with a better showing over these two matches against Russia for sure.

Return to “Female Handball”