Golden League

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
kibby

Re: Golden League

Postby kibby » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:36 pm

jensm wrote:And I would have Nørgaard, Troelsen and Gravholt in the squad too.

I would too. But as long as Bruun-Jørgensen is the coach, we will never see Nørgaard or Gravholt for Denmark ever again.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:03 pm

kibby wrote:

I would too. But as long as Bruun-Jørgensen is the coach, we will never see Nørgaard or Gravholt for Denmark ever again.

True about Gravholt. Not true concerning Nørgaard. She was just not in the squad because she was considered the 3rd best, and he would rather test younger players given that he knows what Nørgaard can bring.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:17 pm

I don't know the history about Klaus Bruun; "Han har tabt omklædningsrummet. De glemmer aldrig og gider ikke kæmpe for ham... "

There is a war going on and the players are not allowed to talk about it???

Even Herrem couldn't understand how low Danes played, is there something going on here?

kibby

Postby kibby » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:25 pm

maz wrote:
kibby wrote:

True about Gravholt. Not true concerning Nørgaard. She was just not in the squad because she was considered the 3rd best, and he would rather test younger players given that he knows what Nørgaard can bring.

Maybe, but this is the second time in a row he didn’t find a spot for Nørgaard in the squad. She is pissed and doesn’t know the reason why he cut her from the squad.

http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2016-05-29-vraget-landsholdsprofil-jeg-kan-aldrig-forstaa-han-ikke-udtager-mig

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/haandbold/viborg-floej-vraget-paa-sin-foedselsdag-det-er-da-traels/6295297

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:31 pm

kibby wrote:
maz wrote:
kibby wrote:

Maybe, but this is the second time in a row he didn’t find a spot for Nørgaard in the squad. She is pissed and doesn’t know the reason why.

http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2016-05-29-vraget-landsholdsprofil-jeg-kan-aldrig-forstaa-han-ikke-udtager-mig

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/haandbold/viborg-floej-vraget-paa-sin-foedselsdag-det-er-da-traels/6295297

Yeah, not news regarding her not being selected and being pissed about it. I think most know that but Klavs himself has said that she is still in consideration for the NT-squad, so the statement "we wil never see Nørgaard for Denmark ever again" is untrue.

kibby

Postby kibby » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:09 pm

maz wrote:
kibby wrote:
maz wrote:True about Gravholt. Not true concerning Nørgaard. She was just not in the squad because she was considered the 3rd best, and he would rather test younger players given that he knows what Nørgaard can bring.

Maybe, but this is the second time in a row he didn’t find a spot for Nørgaard in the squad. She is pissed and doesn’t know the reason why.

Yeah, not news regarding her not being selected and being pissed about it. I think most know that but Klavs himself has said that she is still in consideration for the NT-squad, so the statement "we wil never see Nørgaard for Denmark ever again" is untrue.

I hope you are right :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:19 pm

jensm wrote:
kibby wrote:Denmark - Norway 19-31 (7-15):

Denmark: Sandra Toft Galsgaard, Christina Elm, - Anna Sophie Okkels 1, Sarah Iversen, Anne Mette Pedersen 1, Maria Fisker, Fie Woller 3 (2), Lotte Grigel 1 (1), Stine Bodholt 1, Mette Tranborg 1, Kristina Kristiansen 4, Trine Østergaard, Louise Svalastog Spellerberg, Stine Jørgensen 3 (1), Line Haugsted 2, Mie Højlund 2.

Norway: Silje Solberg, Emily Stang Sando, - Veronica Kristiansen 4 (2), Stine Skogrand 3, Vilde Ingstad 3, Tonje Løseth 1, Marit Malm Frafjord 3, Kristine Breistøl, Kjerstin Boge Solås 3, Maja Jakobsen, Silje Waade 4, Thea Mørk 2, Camilla Herrem 4, Marta Tomac 4, Marit Røsberg Jacobsen.

Norway, without 11 (!) of their 14 Olympics players today CRUSHED poor Denmark. I really felt bad for the Danish players. Many played well for Norway, but 18 year old Kjerstin Boge Solås really impressed once again. Hope to see her in the European Championship.

Denmark should rethink some players, where is Dalby?? She is many levels better than Tranborg. And I would have Nørgaard, Troelsen and Gravholt in the squad too.

Think I heard a commentator say Dalby wasn't available for NT right now? But she was tried recently, I think at OG qual, without much succes. I don't miss Gravholt and AG, bad attitude from Gravholt and both are bad in defense. But I do wish for a new coach, which I think we'll see after EC if they keep this up.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Preparing the future of Denmark must be the absolute priority. The qualification for
the 2020 Olympic Games is an obligation !
It's not possible to achieve this objective with Nørgaard (33yo) and Troelsen (31yo).
Besides, I know people like Gravholt as pivot because she can score a lot of goals. But she's not
a good defender (like Nørgaard) and the risk is that the danish attack would be boring and too much
dependant on Mulle-Gravholt. In another word, it won't surprise the opponent top teams at all.
Just see how a club like Odense could neutralize easily Mulle-Gravholt with "only" Kamilla
Kristensen and Susanne Madsen in central defense...
The problem is more complex and deeper than which players to select in the Danish NT or even the coach Klavs Brunn
Jørgensen is bad. Although it was a big mistake from the DHF to choose a newbie in female handball as
the women DEN NT coach.

Why Denmark did have so many success in youth or junior international level, but not in senior level
since so many years now ? Why DEN has many unconsistent players ? Why too many injured players ? How to work
together between the NT and the clubs with efficiency ?
If Denmark can answer seriously to this questions, the future will shine again for the red and white. :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:I don't know the history about Klaus Bruun; "Han har tabt omklædningsrummet. De glemmer aldrig og gider ikke kæmpe for ham... "

There is a war going on and the players are not allowed to talk about it???

Even Herrem couldn't understand how low Danes played, is there something going on here?

Well there's a history of complaining about the coach and his playing style from different NT players through the years (also several times under Pytlick). Then Klavs was supposed to try and change it. Gravholt was kicked of the team for complaining about the playing style in the media (at first she was happy because Klav's playing style was different from Pytlick's). Then someone leaked a letter to the media with the players critisizing Klavs after WCH. But according to Klavs they had worked it out and some players also said the atmosphere was good in the team before GL. It doesn't look like it now, but who knows what's going on...

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:21 am

The coach from Luch Alekseev is now the assistant coach of Trefilov.

Akopyan Lada coach left the rus national team.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:47 am

kleber wrote:The coach from Luch Alekseev is now the assistant coach of Trefilov.

Aha. I saw there was no Akopyan, but thought his leave was only temporary. So we may expect some Luch players in the NT?

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:30 am

Gojira wrote:
kleber wrote:The coach from Luch Alekseev is now the assistant coach of Trefilov.

Aha. I saw there was no Akopyan, but thought his leave was only temporary. So we may expect some Luch players in the NT?

Luch doesn't have quality players for the nt.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:41 am

Højlund debut in Danish A-NT: http://amtsavisen.dk/randers-hk/hoejlun ... holdsdebut

I hope she will be preserved from the media pressure now. Just let her developing quietly her game, her physique and mental. Klavs must not pick her already for the Euro in Sweden. It's way too early...

Denmark vs Norway photos: http://www.eventmedia.dk/index/G0000tQP ... mmhFQcKoKY

Congrats Norway ! I'm always very impressed by how they can rejuvenate their team without altering the quality of their game.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:35 am

kleber wrote:
Gojira wrote:

Some of the players in current squad don't have that quality either.

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:26 pm

I feel Denmark have every year since the last great generation (Daugaard, Mortensen, K.Andersen, Fruelund, Brødsgaard++) have tried to bulid up a new, but they have mostly failed, some great results here and there. For me its crazy to not use Troelsen, Dalby, Nørgaard & Gravholt. Instead Denmark will try to build up a new young team, that maybe qualifies to OG in 2020.
Norway has many `old` players (Løke, Lunde, Frafjord, Sulland, Herrem, Riegelhuth ++) But won't stop use them as long they give results.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:22 pm

jensm wrote:I feel Denmark have every year since the last great generation (Daugaard, Mortensen, K.Andersen, Fruelund, Brødsgaard++) have tried to bulid up a new, but they have mostly failed, some great results here and there. For me its crazy to not use Troelsen, Dalby, Nørgaard & Gravholt. Instead Denmark will try to build up a new young team, that maybe qualifies to OG in 2020.
Norway has many `old` players (Løke, Lunde, Frafjord, Sulland, Herrem, Riegelhuth ++) But won't stop use them as long they give results.

Denmark really ought to look to Norway for inspiration. What is it they are doing right that we are doing wrong? The two countries are comparable in so many ways that it should be possible to copy Norway in most aspects. .

It is not only the individual players, but the entire concept we need to improve. It makes no sense that Norway B can beat our girls by 12 goals. Except for Veronika Kristiansen and Camilla Herrem, there were no individual players on Sunday´s Norwegian team whose quality Denmark cannot match.

The officials of the Danish Handball Federation need to ask themselves: How can the same junior and youth players that beat Norway with ease, be humiliated by the same opponents once they reach senior level?

All the above things taken into consideration, I think the future of Danish handball will be just fine. A better coach and more stability with the player selection and we will have a competitive team in top 8. My future Danish NT looks like this:

Goalkeeper: Poulsen, Reinhardt
Leftwing: Fisker, ??
Rightwing: Østergaard, AM Pedersen, (Bøgelund should be reschooled as rightwing. DEN doesn´t need more rightbacks and Bøgelund won´t make it internationally as a back, but she has good qualities as a wing. + she can defend well on the back-position).
Pivot: Heindahl, Bodholt, Hald
Leftback: Jørgensen, AM Hansen, Haugsted
Playmaker: Kristiansen, Offendal, Højlund
Rightback: Jørgensen, Tranborg(for defense mainly), Burgaard

handbol
Regular

Postby handbol » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:48 pm

jensm wrote:
Gojira wrote:Norway - Russia 28:23 (13:11)

Norway: ?

Russia: Trusova, Utkina - Y. Zhilinskayte, Postnova 1, Sen 2, Goncharova, Vyakhireva 5, Sudakova 2, Bobrovnikova 4, Samokhina, V. Zhilinskayte 2, Svitanko 1, Ilina 1, Gorshenina 1, Skorobogatchenko 3, Stepanova 1.

Great to see Postnova and Gorshenina again =D> And first time I have seen Skrobogatchenko, very talented, reminds bit like Davydenko in her playing style, at least its my first thoughts.

Where Is Davydenko and E.Vetkova btw?

Right now Ekaterina Vetkova is playing in the french championship at Toulon St Cyr Var Handball (http://tscvhb.fr/).
Her head coach Thierry Vincent speaks russian (he's married to a Russian ;) )

Here she is with two teammates from the Netherlands (Sanne van Olphen in the middle and Jessy Kramer)

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:50 pm

red and white wrote:How can the same junior and youth players that beat Norway with ease, be humiliated by the same opponents once they reach senior level?

It's the key question of Danish female handball.
I show you something. U19 final in 2011, DEN-NED 29-27. Where are those Dutch girls now, and where the Danish ones? And it's only one example. There are some more, too.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Germanicus wrote:
red and white wrote:How can the same junior and youth players that beat Norway with ease, be humiliated by the same opponents once they reach senior level?

I show you something. U19 final in 2011, DEN-NED 29-27. Where are those Dutch girls now, and where the Danish ones? And it's only one example. There are some more, too.

I´ve thought the exact same thing with reference to this EC-final. The result is misleading - the Dutch girls didn´t stand a chance against the Danes. Yet this summer Polman, Abbingh, Wester, etc. played for medals at the Olympics, whilst the Danish girls stayed at home. From this generation Greve, Woller, Heindahl, Biltoft, AM Pedersen and especially Burgaard are in the squad of the Danish NT, but no where near the level of the mentioned Dutch girls. Their development has stopped. Injuries also played a part - Signe Sjølund Pedersen and Sofie Strangholt had to end their very promising careers.

Hope the profiles of the golden 94-95 and 96-97 generations will show better progress. Not to mention the 98-99-generation :)

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:55 am

I regret Klavs didn't test more players in the A-NT during the Golden League.
Like Cohrt, Stine Andersen, Rej or Uno, and even Reinhardt...

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:55 pm

red and white wrote:
Germanicus wrote:

I´ve thought the exact same thing with reference to this EC-final. The result is misleading - the Dutch girls didn´t stand a chance against the Danes. Yet this summer Polman, Abbingh, Wester, etc. played for medals at the Olympics, whilst the Danish girls stayed at home. From this generation Greve, Woller, Heindahl, Biltoft, AM Pedersen and especially Burgaard are in the squad of the Danish NT, but no where near the level of the mentioned Dutch girls. Their development has stopped. Injuries also played a part - Signe Sjølund Pedersen and Sofie Strangholt had to end their very promising careers.

Hope the profiles of the golden 94-95 and 96-97 generations will show better progress. Not to mention the 98-99-generation :)

I don't know about Biltoft but as for the rest you mention, I believe the have all struggled with at least one serious injury? But I don't think that's all, thinking it over again after watching 'Overtrådt' this week, I think they are right that the Danish players have a big confidence problem (and not just talking these GL matches where there was also alot of new players, who weren't used at playing together) along with lack of structure. Mentality seems to play a big part here as many of the same players don't seem to have big problems when playing for their club (at least not this big), also clubs abroad (so it can't just be our league). And I don't get the sense that there's a strong team culture right now although it might be slowly improving again.

Nitro
Regular

Postby Nitro » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Are there any replays of Sunday's matches somewhere out there? YouTube has nothing so far...
There is no 0:0 in Handball

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Gojira wrote:
kleber wrote:
Gojira wrote:Aha. I saw there was no Akopyan, but thought his leave was only temporary. So we may expect some Luch players in the NT?

wow,that should be said to trefilov.

erokhina,sedoikina,levina and bliznova will be missed...let's see what trefilov can do in the euro.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:45 pm

kleber wrote:
Gojira wrote:
kleber wrote:

erokhina,sedoikina,levina and bliznova will be missed...let's see what trefilov can do in the euro.

There were no problems with the goalkeepers. All three were good.

Trefilov claimed before the tournament that he wanted to see several young players in action. And where were those young players? Only Skorobogatchenko, noone else (Dmitrieva and Vyakhireva are also young, but they are OCs, so they should not be included). It was a wasted tournament in this respect.

handbol
Regular

Postby handbol » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Gojira wrote:
kleber wrote:
Gojira wrote: Some of the players in current squad don't have that quality either.

There were no problems with the goalkeepers. All three were good.

Trefilov claimed before the tournament that he wanted to see several young players in action. And where were those young players? Only Skorobogatchenko, noone else (Dmitrieva and Vyakhireva are also young, but they are OCs, so they should not be included). It was a wasted tournament in this respect.

the thing is, this kind of friendly tournament is for the players to train together and the coach to test new things. Also the Champions League begins this weekend, so the girls from Rostov would not risk an injury ?

Return to “Female Handball”