2017 World Championship - Germany

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 World Championship - Germany

Postby Silviu » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 pm

@Wbk: thank you very much! But is there a link pointing to that document? Many thanks in advance for posting it.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Silviu wrote:@Wbk: thank you very much! But is there a link pointing to that document? Many thanks in advance for posting it.

E.g. here: http://web.archive.org/web/201603040817 ... ons_GB.pdf

guesthand

Postby guesthand » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:39 am

What happened to organisation? Norway isn't going to play at 8 PM :p :)

Flash

Postby Flash » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:37 am

guesthand wrote:What happened to organisation? Norway isn't going to play at 8 PM :p :)

It seems Being Sports France has won over Møbelringen and Gjensidige (Norway advertisement in Norway t-shirt and court advertisements) today. It's all about money and publicity ;)

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 pm

ALL STAR TEAM

GK: Katrine Lunde (NOR)
LW: Siraba Dembélé (FRA)
LB: Lois Abbingh (NED)
CB: Grace Zaadi (FRA)
RB: Nora Mørk (NOR)
RW: Nathalie Hagman (SWE)
LP: Yvette Broch (NED)

MVP: Stine Oftedal (NOR)
Top Scorer: Nora Mørk (NOR)

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:42 pm

best defender: Ayglon
Live long and prosper.

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Nathalie Hangman as the best right wing is a joke. Even worse is picking Dembele over Houette on the left wing.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:Nathalie Hangman as the best right wing is a joke. Even worse is picking Dembele over Houette on the left wing.

I don't get the point of the AllStar without counting in the most important game anyway

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:52 pm

True, but even before the final these two were rather average, all things considered

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Stefan_MNE wrote:Nathalie Hangman as the best right wing is a joke. Even worse is picking Dembele over Houette on the left wing.

I don't get the point of the AllStar without counting in the most important game anyway

Yes, and that's how you get nonsense such as Oftedal being the MVP after having a beyond awful performance in the final.

In my book, the MPV is Pineau. In the two games that mattered the most, she scored whenever her team needed it the most. And that's what's it's all about.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:42 am

Joana wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:

Yes, and that's how you get nonsense such as Oftedal being the MVP after having a beyond awful performance in the final.

In my book, the MPV is Pineau. In the two games that mattered the most, she scored whenever her team needed it the most. And that's what's it's all about.

And Leynaud is the best keeper.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 am

Joana wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:

If it is technically too much of a deal to make an All Star team after the whole event, at least they should give the MVP award based on the final day performances too.

Shelvin85

Postby Shelvin85 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Lacrabère enjoyed seeing Nora Mork cry.
https://www.vg.no/sport/haandball/haand ... /24213090/

Oftedal feels like it's a "little her fault".
https://www.vg.no/sport/haandball/haand ... /24212798/

Mork didn't give credit to France's performance, I think she was the only one that didn't do that.
http://www.tv2.no/a/9559478

Mork refused talking to the press when the team reached Norway.
http://www.tv2.no/sport/9561388/

And Loke feels like she should have played more.
https://www.adressa.no/100Sport/fotball ... 7186b.html

Such a mess. Winning a silver medal feels like the most dramatic soap opera episode ever. Some of my fellow Norwegians needs to get over themselves. Mork/Loke.. Have several seats. Brattset was outstanding throughout the championship! She was actually one of our best players, and it was her first championship. That speaks volumes.

Oftedal was MVP. I feel like that was deserved, even though she was horrible in the final. In the other 8 games she was outstanding and by far our best and most effective player. And I give her credit for taking parts of the blame on herself.

I don't think they underperformed, and I really don't get all this drama. It's a silver medal. Sometimes there are two teams on the court. You win some, you loose some. It's not the end of the world like some of these drama queens are acting like.

As for what Norway should do? They should just keep doing what they are doing. 9 at out 10 times it's enough. Of course, the only thing is that they could rotate some more players. Oftedal, Mork and Kristiansen isn't going to be on top every single game. They need rest too.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Shelvin85 wrote:Lacrabère enjoyed seeing Nora Mork cry.

=D>
And she's not the only one :lol:

One of the most arrogant characters and sore losers in handball EVER. And she's not as good as she's made out to be. If she looked like, say, Isabelle Wendling, no one would give two craps about her.

frenchy

Postby frenchy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Dear Norvegians friends dont be too much rude with your players the french team was just more angry and had a plan to destroy your game .
So it's happenned! My opinion about Stine is this:

She played 4 seasons in France and know perfectly the girs but the reverse is also true i think that coach made an error because he left a too much long time Silje Solberg who know also all of our players on the bench .
If she play all the second half i am not sure our team win.

Flash

Postby Flash » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Final Rank

1 France (Gold medal)
2 Norway (Silver medal)
3 Netherlands (Bronze medal)
4 Sweden
5 Russia
6 Denmark
6 Montenegro
8 Czech Republic
9 Serbia
10 Roumania
11 Spain
12 Germany
13 South Korea
14 Slovenia
15 Hungary
16 Japan
17 Poland
18 Brazil
19 Angola
20 Cameroon
21 Paraguay
22 China
23 Argentina
24 Tunisia

frenchy

Postby frenchy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:12 pm

frenchy wrote:Dear Norvegians friends dont be too much rude with your players the french team was just more angry and had a plan to destroy your game .

She played 4 seasons in France and know perfectly the girs but the reverse is also true i think that coach made an error because he left a too much long time Silje Solberg who know also all of our players on the bench .

Sorry i wanted to write "more hungry"

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:49 pm

both work just fine, frenchy! :)
congrats to your team!
Live long and prosper.

Shelvin85

Postby Shelvin85 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm

frenchy wrote:Dear Norvegians friends dont be too much rude with your players the french team was just more angry and had a plan to destroy your game .

France was the better team. Everyone agreed on that, except Mork. France succeeded perfectly and hats off too them. We had our chance, but this time it didn't go well at all.

It was impressive the way France handled Oftedal. They know her very well. And we agree on Silje Solberg. Thorir put her on the last four minutes because, as he said, "we had nothing to loose".

You can find that statement in this article:
https://www.vg.no/sport/haandball/haand ... /24212886/

Google translate:
"Katrine does not play at the level she has done before. Kari is coming in, but she does not manage to demise. Then Katrine gets the chance again, we try Silje (Solberg) at the end, then we have nothing to lose, explains the national team boss."

I won't put to much weight on that statement, but I find it quite rude that Thorir even said that. She is one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Solberg should have started the game. She plays against many of these French players weekly. With her I think we would have had more saves, but again, France destroyed us so we would have lost this anyway.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Shelvin85 wrote:

France was the better team. Everyone agreed on that, except Mork. France succeeded perfectly and hats off too them. We had our chance, but this time it didn't go well at all.

It was impressive the way France handled Oftedal. They know her very well. And we agree on Silje Solberg. Thorir put her on the last four minutes because, as he said, "we had nothing to loose".

You can find that statement in this article:
https://www.vg.no/sport/haandball/haand ... /24212886/

Google translate:
"Katrine does not play at the level she has done before. Kari is coming in, but she does not manage to demise. Then Katrine gets the chance again, we try Silje (Solberg) at the end, then we have nothing to lose, explains the national team boss."

I won't put to much weight on that statement, but I find it quite rude that Thorir even said that. She is one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Solberg should have started the game. She plays against many of these French players weekly. With her I think we would have had more saves, but again, France destroyed us so we would have lost this anyway.

Solberg should have started the tournament. She's the best goalkeeper in the world (OK, one of the best :D ). Hergeirson besides being rude is an idiot:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Silver is great :)

Yeahhhhh.....

Well, ok, so we had a really dark day....our GK's had a saving percentage of 8% second half...

Our captain and very best player this tournament, had an all time low...and it had to happen in the final....

Nora Mørk was thinking about not attending wch because of some private pictures, but became one of our best players :)

Cheer up girls :) :)

You may lost the gold on a very black day, but this silver was won by a helluva tournament you can be proud of :) We all had a good time, and even the final was very exciting. It was top notch entertaining, and very good for handball that another team won gold. France was the better team and won deserved. Congratz France :)

guesthand

Postby guesthand » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Mork didn't give credit to France's performance, I think she was the only one that didn't do that.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/9561388/.

I used to like Mork, but she is becoming hateful when she lost :shock: .
What I liked about former Norge NT was humbleness.

guesthand

Postby guesthand » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:05 pm

@Mr. 007
Which private pictures do you talk about?

Don't tell me she is want of the stupid "famous" people who made naked video or pictures and lost thier phone? :shock: [-( .
I really miss Hammerseng : famous, smart, respect opponent and humble. Plus always go in front of media even when she lost or had a bad day.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 pm

guesthand wrote:

http://www.tv2.no/sport/9561388/.

I used to like Mork, but she is becoming hateful when she lost :shock: .
What I liked about former Norge NT was humbleness.

What are u talking about??? They were disappointed over their own effort in the final. They would have cheered for France if they had given their best and lost, but they didn't...they failed to give their best in the final...they delivered all time low....that's what really hurt most :)
Last edited by Mr. 007 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:17 pm

guesthand wrote:@Mr. 007
Which private pictures do you talk about?

Don't tell me she is want of the stupid "famous" people who made naked video or pictures and lost thier phone? :shock: [-( .
I really miss Hammerseng : famous, smart, respect opponent and humble. Plus always go in front of media even when she lost or had a bad day.

U have seen them :) And they are innocent after all :)

Return to “Female Handball”