World Best Player of the Year 2016

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
User avatar
Faith
Extra Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:24 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby Faith » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Congratulations to Cristina Neagu! She deserves to be called as the best female handball player of the year.
We don't have to love her, but we have to respect her and everything what she does on handball court. Let's be fair.

(I was hoping that Nora will win it, but at the same time I realized that the right person got it. Maybe next time.)



User avatar
swarthofole
Extra Member
Posts: 729
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: Bucharest
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby swarthofole » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Flash wrote:
swarthofole wrote:I wonder how exactly they made the calculations?Which is the algorithm? Does anybody know?
I mean what exactly is the contribution of the fans, the journalists and the experts? I found nothing about this and I think it would help us to see where is the "problem".


You can try to search and search and you'll never find any document notarized about the results. The IHF is a big mafia.
This article is very interesting about how it works IHF:
http://www.handball-planet.com/ihf-amateurism-beat-lithuania-and-belgium-to-become-worlds-best-coach/

It's just everybody here comes with arguments supporting one or another, but nobody knows how the calculations are made.
If the votes coming from supporters are the main part, then the Romanian fans might be decisive considering the numbers (Romanians vs Dutch people), but I'm sure other fans have voted too (maybe in a smaller number).
If the "experts" (meaning media and coaches) are more important in this calculations, then they are clearly more impressed by Neagu.
So if the criteria and the way you establish the rankings are not transparent and clear, all our considerations are useless and I think everybody has a favourite player who (almost) always is the best. :D Obviously it's about what scale you choose: the trophies (or other notable results) vs. the native talent and a bit of subjectivism maybe.
Either way you can not blame Neagu for taking this award. ;)
In my opinion this award is unnecessary and it's all about marketing. We all know there is a group of players who perform on a high level and it's hard to make a difference. I like Neagu, Mork, Gorbicz, Vyakhireva, Groot and many others cause all of them are making me watch handball. =D>
Live long and prosper.

User avatar
Flash
Super Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:23 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby Flash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:24 pm

swarthofole wrote:
Flash wrote:
swarthofole wrote:I wonder how exactly they made the calculations?Which is the algorithm? Does anybody know?
I mean what exactly is the contribution of the fans, the journalists and the experts? I found nothing about this and I think it would help us to see where is the "problem".


You can try to search and search and you'll never find any document notarized about the results. The IHF is a big mafia.
This article is very interesting about how it works IHF:
http://www.handball-planet.com/ihf-amateurism-beat-lithuania-and-belgium-to-become-worlds-best-coach/

It's just everybody here comes with arguments supporting one or another, but nobody knows how the calculations are made.
If the votes coming from supporters are the main part, then the Romanian fans might be decisive considering the numbers (Romanians vs Dutch people), but I'm sure other fans have voted too (maybe in a smaller number).
If the "experts" (meaning media and coaches) are more important in this calculations, then they are clearly more impressed by Neagu.
So if the criteria and the way you establish the rankings are not transparent and clear, all our considerations are useless and I think everybody has a favourite player who (almost) always is the best. :D Obviously it's about what scale you choose: the trophies (or other notable results) vs. the native talent and a bit of subjectivism maybe.
Either way you can not blame Neagu for taking this award. ;)
In my opinion this award is unnecessary and it's all about marketing. We all know there is a group of players who perform on a high level and it's hard to make a difference. I like Neagu, Mork, Gorbicz, Vyakhireva, Groot and many others cause all of them are making me watch handball. =D>


The IHF is not transparent or clean about the voting results, that's for sure. As the article said above, can you explain how Didier Dinart has won best coach of 2016 if he only coach 2 matches in 2016??? [-X
There is no explanation, the only explanation I can find it's the winners are hand picked

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby vlad_impaler » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:16 pm

:shock:
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
bajkalb
Extra Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 pm
Location: Hungary
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby bajkalb » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:
bajkalb wrote:

This is my favourite comment. No need to re-comment I think :-)


Neagu is the female version of Chuck Norris for the Romanians :)

It is time to stop such remarks and this low level of conversation by both sides....


right

User avatar
Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Flash wrote:
swarthofole wrote:
Flash wrote:
You can try to search and search and you'll never find any document notarized about the results. The IHF is a big mafia.
This article is very interesting about how it works IHF:
http://www.handball-planet.com/ihf-amateurism-beat-lithuania-and-belgium-to-become-worlds-best-coach/

It's just everybody here comes with arguments supporting one or another, but nobody knows how the calculations are made.
If the votes coming from supporters are the main part, then the Romanian fans might be decisive considering the numbers (Romanians vs Dutch people), but I'm sure other fans have voted too (maybe in a smaller number).
If the "experts" (meaning media and coaches) are more important in this calculations, then they are clearly more impressed by Neagu.
So if the criteria and the way you establish the rankings are not transparent and clear, all our considerations are useless and I think everybody has a favourite player who (almost) always is the best. :D Obviously it's about what scale you choose: the trophies (or other notable results) vs. the native talent and a bit of subjectivism maybe.
Either way you can not blame Neagu for taking this award. ;)
In my opinion this award is unnecessary and it's all about marketing. We all know there is a group of players who perform on a high level and it's hard to make a difference. I like Neagu, Mork, Gorbicz, Vyakhireva, Groot and many others cause all of them are making me watch handball. =D>


The IHF is not transparent or clean about the voting results, that's for sure. As the article said above, can you explain how Didier Dinart has won best coach of 2016 if he only coach 2 matches in 2016??? [-X
There is no explanation, the only explanation I can find it's the winners are hand picked

Dutch fans +hungarians fans = romanian fans....as concerning my self I've voted Bella Gullden ....but if Gorbicz deserved the distinction I do not refuse to vote it just because she is hungarian player.

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby vlad_impaler » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 pm

swarthofole and his clone Flash. :) Unbelievable! swarthofole = Flash, guys

Maybe they explain us how they are never logged IN in the same time. Never, and how one disappeared, after the other have shown up. :)

Maybe many Romanian clones will be found, and at least 1 "fake" Hungarian.

Flash wrote:
The IHF is not transparent or clean about the voting results, that's for sure. As the article said above, can you explain how Didier Dinart has won best coach of 2016 if he only coach 2 matches in 2016??? [-X


Don't try to make the people to compare a less important award with the IHF best player award. Totally different, moreover Dinart was still winning the WC in January 2017.

You are a liar anyway, even if you saw the dozens of IHF experts, national team coaches and journalists that usually pick these people. It's all on Youtube but you surely don't follow too much handball.

User avatar
Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: Budapest
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby Marco Aurelio » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:Dutch fans +hungarians fans = romanian fans....as concerning my self I've voted Bella Gullden ....but if Gorbicz deserved the distinction I do not refuse to vote it just because she is hungarian player.


Neagu deserved the award for 2015.
Groot would have been a better choice for 2016, and she was pretty unlucky that 2 of her teammates were also nominated.

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby vlad_impaler » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:54 pm

I doubt anybody voted for Grimsboe.

dydiana
Extra Member
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:43 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby dydiana » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Faith wrote:Congratulations to Cristina Neagu! She deserves to be called as the best female handball player of the year.
We don't have to love her, but we have to respect her and everything what she does on handball court. Let's be fair.

(I was hoping that Nora will win it, but at the same time I realized that the right person got it. Maybe next time.)


Can I just say "Hats off" to you? Thanks for such fair play and nice words =D>

Its kind of hard these days to find kindness and laid back comments on this forum,so yours was a breath of fresh air.

I also want to say that I hope Nora and Nycke will keep playing such entertaining handball for us,and in the future they might be awarded this distinction. But I am sure that they value their medals with the National teams as much, a hard sought thing by many players!

Congratulations to all nominees, they were all great for their teams :thumleft:
Image

User avatar
kxs033
Regular
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:33 pm
Location: Győr
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby kxs033 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Congrats to Neagu for yet another title!
For 2015 she was no doubt 100% entitled to it. For 2016 it was a close "race". Even if she won no medal or Champions League, without her, Romania or Buducnost wouldn't have gone that far in the competitions they were engaged. So she was individually best player fair and square.

Also congrats to Nora, Nycke, Kari and Bella for making it to top 5 in the world. They all give us many pleasant moments in the matches and make this sport beautiful.

Btw. I voted for Nycke and Nora (2 different email accounts) and wanted Nycke to win it. But like Faith said.. maybe next time.

User avatar
Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 152 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Doru Delavale wrote:Dutch fans +hungarians fans = romanian fans....as concerning my self I've voted Bella Gullden ....but if Gorbicz deserved the distinction I do not refuse to vote it just because she is hungarian player.


Neagu deserved the award for 2015.
Groot would have been a better choice for 2016, and she was pretty unlucky that 2 of her teammates were also nominated.

Romanian fans also divided their votes to Bella or to Neagu.... but I presume fans votes are not so important such as coaches votes or experts votes.

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:41 pm

I can only say some Hungarian fans are really respectful. On the other hand I never hated at all fanatics and ultras people like Marco Aurelio. I kinda never argued with him and I do like him because of his defending patriotism.

What I only dislike on this forum is that there is a guy with more users, a real cloner, mocking others. It's clear he is living in Romania, and can be any Romanian or foreigner in here. Until his arrival, hb123 was really quiet.

[-X Handball fans are respectful, we are not football animals and let's not transform it.

Regarding the picked players from Gyor, I really thought Nora was better than Groot. So probably many people though this way, splitting in half.

User avatar
John
:::Handball Expert:::
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:16 pm
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby John » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:06 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:
What I only dislike on this forum is that there is a guy with more users, a real cloner, mocking others. It's clear he is living in Romania, and can be any Romanian or foreigner in here. Until his arrival, hb123 was really quiet.

[-X Handball fans are respectful, we are not football animals and let's not transform it.
Why are you talking about yourself like that? :lol:

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 988
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 404 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:32 pm

John wrote: Why are you talking about yourself like that? :lol:


Haha, you are not normal bro.

sphinx
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:42 am
Location: Brasov, Romania
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby sphinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 am

Ambros Martin, who knows best Nycke Groot, Nora Mork and Cristina Neagu, declared that Cristina Neagu is the best handball player.

birguk5
Rookie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: World Best Player of the Year 2016

Postby birguk5 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:35 pm

THE TRUE AND ONLY NO.1 CRISTINA NEAGU


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests