2018 European Championship - France

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Corbantis
Extra Member

Re: 2018 European Championship - France

Postby Corbantis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:55 am

So the Hungarian squad for EURO2018:
GK: Bíró Blanka (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria), Kiss Éva (Győri Audi ETO)
RW: Lukács Viktória (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria), Orbán Adrienn (Kisvárda Master Good SE)
RB: Kovács Anna (DVSC Schaeffler), Planéta Szimonetta (Chambray Touraine Handball – Franciaország)
CB: Kovacsics Anikó (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria), Pálos-Bognár Barbara (Moyra Budaörs), Tóth Gabriella (Érd), Lakatos Rita (GVM Europe-Vác), Szalai Babett (Dunaújvárosi KKA)
LP: Mészáros Rea (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria), Tóvizi Petra (DVSC Schaeffler)
LB: Háfra Noémi (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria)
LW: Kazai Anita (Dunaújvárosi KKA), Schatzl Nadine (FTC-Rail Cargo Hungaria)
Head coach: Kim Rasmussen
Coach: Siti Beáta
GK coach: Bakos István
Reserves: Janurik Kinga (Érd), Szabó Laura (Érd)

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:54 pm

swarthofole wrote:So Maslova didn't make it this time...too bad.
Perhaps she wasn't on the list from the start, but I am too lazy to check... :D

It seems Kristina Kozhokar (Cristina Cojocar) neither....and after a year (more) she has the right to play in another national team, right ?...La un semn, deschisa-i calea....

Today we'll watch "chickens" against she-bears....Chickens are more "desirables" of course ! :lol:
Allez les poulettes ! ;)

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:37 pm

Anyone dared to bet on Russia today? :)

France are determined to win EC at home, with more training sessions for the NT than any other nation...losing opening match against Russia is NOT an option :)

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:Anyone dared to bet on Russia today? :)

I will cheer for Russia. Betting is out of question. :D
Live long and prosper.

Hajas
Extra Member

Postby Hajas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:Anyone dared to bet on Russia today? :)

France are determined to win EC at home, with more training sessions for the NT than any other nation...losing opening match against Russia is NOT an option :)

I have put 20 euro on draw (9 odds - always close between these two teams. And France seems a bit off lately

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm

France resisted but only 45 min, then began problems....Pineau not of this levell of younger players . She missed twice crucial moments in the end . :( Russia was better today...let's see if will resists 6 matches on such rithm .... ;)
On the other hand this style on counteratacks planned by France was very convenient for Russia (in such manner only Norway can beat Russia).

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:16 am

https://www.handbal.nl/nieuws/16/oranje ... -selectie/

Maura Visser has been added to the Dutch squad again.
idle banter.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Is someone who know why Johanna Westberg refused her national team ?? :-k

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:Is someone who know why Johanna Westberg refused her national team ?? :-k

Pregnant

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4810&start=175

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:18 pm

I am curious to know other opinions about the decision in the final seconds of the Denmark Sweden match last night?
My question is: in situations where a clear goal (not goal opportunity!) is stopped by a deliberate (or non-deliberate) action of the defending player, should we award a penalty goal?

As a reference, in both rugby codes this concept exists for a very ling time:
In rugby union, the standard applied by the referee is that a try "probably" would have been scored. The referee does not have to be certain a try would have been scored.
In rugby league, the referee "may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team"

I am really curious in hearing as many points of view as possible on this one.

will4104

Postby will4104 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:08 pm

mikh wrote:I am curious to know other opinions about the decision in the final seconds of the Denmark Sweden match last night?
My question is: in situations where a clear goal (not goal opportunity!) is stopped by a deliberate (or non-deliberate) action of the defending player, should we award a penalty goal?

I don't think we should, because
  1. a goal is scored by a player, it is not "scored" by referees or officials or special set of rules.
  2. the defender (even the football playing one) is part of the game. Make sure, she can't stop your attempt. And if she does it anyway, score from the awarded 7m.

dutchfan

Postby dutchfan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:12 pm

mikh wrote:I am curious to know other opinions about the decision in the final seconds of the Denmark Sweden match last night?

As a reference, in both rugby codes this concept exists for a very ling time:
In rugby union, the standard applied by the referee is that a try "probably" would have been scored. The referee does not have to be certain a try would have been scored.
In rugby league, the referee "may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team"

I think the rules are good as they are right now. Sometimes the situations aren't as clear in handball as they were yesterday and then a penalty is in my eyes the only right decision. Also i think that it will be way more difficult for the refs to make decisions like that because its also interpretation (if there is no video option) so i think Just a penalty is enough

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:43 pm

I've seen a lot of debates over this lately and I'm glad people are talking, there's always room for improvement. In my opinion there's no such thing as perfect goal situation because fastbreaks/breakthroughs can be missed or saved by the goalkeeper, I've seen missed shots even with an empty goal. In my mind there's only goal opportunities, some are bigger (empty goal), some smaller (breakthrough). For the defending team, in most cases the chances of stoping these actions are small, but they are there, mathematically, as small as they can be. Giving a penalty goal literally gives the defending team zero chances of defending itself. It'd be unfair for the defending team and too much of an advantage for the attacking team. Last night, a 7m penalty gave Sweden a very big opportunity to score and Denmark very small chances of not receiving that goal. We've all seen what that small chance meant for Denmark.

For now, I think the rules should be kept as they are.

kaggs
Regular

Postby kaggs » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:32 pm

In that given situation the player runs inside the 7m and stops the ball, should be a 7m. Given that it was the last seconds of the match perhaps that RC should have been followed with a one match ban for the player in question?

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Agree with @kaggs. One match ban to be added and would be perfect. Red card in last second means nothing, it has no effect.
Last edited by OltchimRmValcea on Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:36 pm

I already stated my opinion about this in the chat room.
I partially agree with other people here who think a goal should be scored by a player and that it is very possible to miss even with empty goal. on the other hand, the swedish players had bigger chances to score with empty net (in the first place the shot was taken with empty net) than after (when Toft defended the net). so which one is right? maybe the swedish player should have taken the penalty shot without a keeper to even the chances? :D
Live long and prosper.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:48 pm

I think the current rules open up the way for cynical behaviour.
Take the following situation: empty goal, ball rolls on the floor and is about the go in and a defender (not GK) runs in and keeps it out. Why should it be a penalty when the ball is clearly going for the goal?
While I agree that a goal has to be scored by a player, the rules also have to send a clear message that you can't prevent one NO MATTER WHAT! Otherwise we get to Prokop-types of situations.

Sure, while the mathematical argument can be attractive, we shouldn't distort it: the chances of the goal being scored last night were 100% (ball was clearly going in, no chance for GK to catch it), whereas in 1-1 vs. the GK they're... well... who knows that's a tough situation to model with numbers, but certainly not 100%.

Also, to the argument "make sure your shot doesn't get stopped, even illegally", I can say the converse is equally valid: make sure you prevent the goal legally. If you're beaten, then you're beaten and that is that.

In the end the attacking and defending team should have an equal battlefield, whereas for now it seems the rules are just cautioning the bad (even cynical) behaviour of defenders.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:51 pm

OltchimRmValcea wrote:Red card in last second means nothing, it has no effect.

Precisely! That's almost insulting! Either you establish that was a cynical action and you give the blue card or say it was unintentional and give 2 mins. Red card was a worthless decision. Next time a player wants to do that, they'll know it's just a 1s suspension and that their GK has a second (and better!) chance.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:50 am

Nightmare start!!!

Norway-Germany 32-33

Defense were just not there anymore, and it stressed them why not, so they couldn't find the rhythm and keep calm in attack either...

It didn't help that EHF denied them to stand up and cheer from the bench too, they had to sit still and keep their mouth shut! Unbelievable! It's like you don't want to play handball anymore with such stupid regulations... whats next? Audience must shut up too, so we have a silent hall?

Well, it's not that we are not used to lose the opening match, in fact I almost made an account at unibet to put 100 kr. on Germany with 500% extra from the bettingcompany...because it was all so Deja Vu even before the match started :) I don't want to know what the odds were, so don't say it :)

Hajas
Extra Member

Postby Hajas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:05 am

Mr. 007 wrote:Nightmare start!!!

Norway-Germany 32-33

Defense were just not there anymore, and it stressed them why not, so they couldn't find the rhythm and keep calm in attack either...

It didn't help that EHF denied them to stand up and cheer from the bench too, they had to sit still and keep their mouth shut! Unbelievable! It's like you don't want to play handball anymore with such stupid regulations... whats next? Audience must shut up too, so we have a silent hall?

Well, it's not that we are not used to lose the opening match, in fact I almost made an account at unibet to put 100 kr. on Germany with 500% extra from the bettingcompany...because it was all so Deja Vu even before the match started :) I don't want to know what the odds were, so don't say it :)

I must say I was impressed by Germanys lineplay. They did get alot of room and they took advantage of it. Brattset looked tired and Veronica Kristiansen is not an elite player. Germanys weakest player was their goalkeeper which I find interesting since they still won. Well played Germany

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:11 am

Mr. 007 wrote:Nightmare start!!!

Remember 2011!
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 am

Mr. 007 wrote:Well, it's not that we are not used to lose the opening match, in fact I almost made an account at unibet to put 100 kr. on Germany with 500% extra from the bettingcompany...because it was all so Deja Vu even before the match started :) I don't want to know what the odds were, so don't say it :)

Around 8.00, is that good? (not a betting person) :D
idle banter.

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:38 am

HB9 wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:Well, it's not that we are not used to lose the opening match, in fact I almost made an account at unibet to put 100 kr. on Germany with 500% extra from the bettingcompany...because it was all so Deja Vu even before the match started :) I don't want to know what the odds were, so don't say it :)

Around 8.00, is that good? (not a betting person) :D

I am also no a betting person but apparently a "8 or more is a good od".

So far 2 surprises. One big, the loss of Norway and one small the loss of France against Rusia. Having said that I still consider Norway and France to be the 2 teams that are the favorites to win the EC. They will reach the final 4.
In the Norway group I expect 3 teams with 4 points, Norway, Romania and Germany. For the other groups I do think Slovenia, Poland and Croatia will not qualify.

Other teams to reach the final 4? Difficult to predict, for me "to close to call".

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:09 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:whats next? Audience must shut up too, so we have a silent hall?

But isn't that something that some forum members, including your compatriots, have been advocating for? :-k :lol:

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:whats next? Audience must shut up too, so we have a silent hall?

But isn't that something that some forum members, including your compatriots, have been advocating for? :-k :lol:

Not me... seriously that someone wants silent arenas???

Return to “Female Handball”