2018 European Championship - France

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Scheersberg

Re: 2018 European Championship - France

Postby Scheersberg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 am

HB9 wrote:https://www.tv2.no/a/10261714

The top 50 handball players - according to BuzzFeed TV2 Norge. You won't believe #13 on that list!

#HypeIgnoringTheFactsAgain

Besides that, you get the feeling that the author was desperate to get to the top 10 asap.

WC 2015 was her last good tournament. I expect we see more of GK Rinka Duijndam in the second round, expect and hope actually.

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 am

Mr. 007 wrote:Crushing Victory :)

Norway - Czech Republic 31:17 (20:10)

Yesterday Thorir had an intense defense training with the girls, to find back to themselves, and it was their best ever training, where you could really smell burned rubber :)

Poor Czech Republic, meeting Norway after a loss, with a focus on defense... That is a nightmare, and so it became too, their greatest loss ever...hehe :)

Heidi Løke, the warrior queen, stronger than ever...our best player today :)

Well, she was also awarded the best player of match, so a bonus picture for that ofc :)

With a solid defense, our GK's shined too, Lunde with 50% save rate, and Solberg with 44% :)

And we also have some new, very young and very exciting players on the team :)

Malin Aune on right wing, with 6 goals at 6 attempts, pure dynamite :)

Henny Reistad is a dream player for any coach, only 19, and the most talented player in Norway right now. She is at EC to learn, and don't get much playing time, but that will change I guess :) It is a pure joy to see her in action :)

Congratz girls :) You all knew you could do better after Germany, and so you did :)

However, Thea Mørk got injured, and is most probably out for the rest of EC... That is really sad ofc, but finally I can cheer for Herrem back in the team, although she should have been picked in the first place, and not come back again this way...

Anyway, Thorir became really frustrated when Brattset got her second 2 minutes, and lectured for the EHF delegates about the level of refereeing... He know they do their best, but at an EC he wants the best refs, and that was clearly not the case today...

Next...Romania...and we are not quite right were we should be, while Romania are 100% ready with their very best team ever...

Brain tells me Romania will finally win after being so close for so long...but then we might end up with 0 points, and this EC is over. I guess it's Valium time :)

Crushing German victory against Norway! With 0 point in Main Round.

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:17 am

danr wrote:Crushing Victory :)

România- Norway 31-23 (18-12)

Romania played a splendid handball tonight. Winning at this margin against Norway is so rare, I can't really remember something like this, +8 in the conditions that Romania had 7 minutes without scoring a goal and played the last 5 minutes with reserves.

What a win =D> =D> =D> =D>

https://www.facebook.com/handbal.feminin/photos/a.307877149274048/2032192100175869/?type=3&theater

Congrats! :)

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:21 pm

0 Points...

The plan was to run over Romania from the start, and give them a menthal setback for the rest of the match... It didn't quite go that way, since our defense once again were back at the Germany game...and Romania followed, and didn't fall behind.
With Romania gaining confidence, our girls became frustrated since our defense was non existing again, and Romania got a better hand on theirs...

Well, I remember when key players were injured in 2005, and Norway were send home early, and didn't even qualify to the Olympics. It is the same case again, we are missing key players, and the replacements are simply not good enough. It's as simple as that, and if e.g. Romania had Neagu injured, they would have been in the same mess as we are now. Case closed :)

Now we need a miracle...and it starts with Romania beating Netherlands. Well, that is luckily very likely, as this Romania right now looks to win a medal...and a very heavy medal too :)

Oki, so we are down to earth for sure, but lets play the rest with more calm, and it might just be another Christmas miracle on the way :)

Good luck girls :)

Shelvin85

Postby Shelvin85 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 pm

First of all, congrats to Romania and also Germany. We didn't stand a chance, especially against Romania. They owned us from start to finished and played games with us the entire time. According to Kristiansen they planned on making Neagu pissed and "slap her arm a little bit when she would take shots". Very good tactic.

We didn't make Romania better than they are, that's what parts of the Norwegian press is claiming. That's not accurate at all. Romania completely outplayed us. The worst thing is that probably a lot of the players feel the same way as our press. Just a speculation. That's just bull. You're just not good enough. Admit it. Own it. Use it and fight forward, please!

Butchering time!

But. Norway are actually killing themselves. That's the real situation. Four years ago the trio became the main back players. You all know who I'm talking about. Mork, Kristiansen and Oftedal have owned their positions for four years. They completely fell flat last year against France and left the impression of being cry-babies because they didn't win. Nice way to keep this insanely successful legacy going, huh?

This year there's only two and they are just bad. What has been done to improve the depth of the squad? Nothing. He brought in (and back) mediocre players like Tomac, Sulland and Hegh Arntzen. The only really good choice of backs is Henny Reistad. But she's barely used because she "so young". Well, go ahead and lose your matches and your Olympic dreams then.

You can't keep on winning championships with three backs. Sorry. Not happening.

No matter how this EC ends for Norway, if they go through or not; they really need to work on improving and developing other players and systems. Thorir worked with Breivik for years and years. She usually had 12-13 players who she sent in per game that could be game changers.

That is your legacy Thorir! Now start honoring it!

Rant over :lol:

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:08 pm

Hehe, it was hard to watch the match, I understand :)

Sulland is second top scorer in Norway, and not mediocre at all, however in this ec she have been a shadow of herself for some strange reason... Perhaps if we find out why, we will be able to understand why they struggle this ec...but we clearly miss a general in defense...

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm

I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Never mess with a French person's pleasure to protest! Aux armes, les citoyens!
Plus if there's something French people hate more than authority during protests, it's (bizzarely...) the tram! :shock: Count on garbage being set on fire and the lines being blocked with it. And the access to Hall XXL in Nantes is largely conditioned by the use of the tram :)

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:27 pm

The european should not be in France.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 pm

kleber wrote:The european should not be in France.

It's not like organizers are queuing up to host the EC or even WC. :roll: Unless the championship is supposed to take place in Norway or Denmark every year. Even Hungary, Romania or Sweden seem a bit hesitant to host it - not even mentioning other countries.
idle banter.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:22 pm

HB9 wrote:
kleber wrote:The european should not be in France.

It's not like organizers are queuing up to host the EC or even WC. :roll: Unless the championship is supposed to take place in Norway or Denmark every year. Even Hungary, Romania or Sweden seem a bit hesitant to host it - not even mentioning other countries.

What happen with this reschedule games is pathetic....
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:02 pm

RO quartered to same hotel in Nancy with NOR ( city periphery )...Spain with Germany(oops!) and Holland with Hungary.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:00 pm

I hope coach Martin will begin against Holland with Dumanska . 8-[

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:34 am

Back on TRACK :)

Hungary-Norway 25–38

Finally defense was there, with Brattset as our general, and then attacking power were just unleashed in the RAW merciless way, with lightning speed and spectacular performances :)

Vero was rock solid in defence, and also scored 4 goals :)

Malin Aune rocked in defense too, and former NT coach Frode Kyvåg, had tears in his eyes when describing Aunes effort: "I have not witnessed better defense play, and her shots are just world class" :)

Our captain played her worst game ever against Romania, and rised from the ashes of despair, and came back as BEST EVER, paving the way with 14 assists, 2 penalties and 6 goals, and ofc our very best player :)

Actually, that transition deserves a bonus picture :) Congrats Oftedal :)

Our GK's rised too, Lunde with 39% save rate, while Solberg 30% from only 10% against Romania :)

Norway is not Norway without our tough pivots, and Heidi Løke caused havoc whenever she got the ball :) 7 goals, and some penalties too, also rocked hard in defense :)

Herrem wasn't picked to our team in the first place by Hergeirsson, and she just showed how wrong he was. This woman is back after giving birth, and scores on whatever angle. Scored 6, with 3 goals out of this world...pure art :)

Make no mistake; Norway are BACK!
... :)

If we are back in the medalhunt, it's for other teams to decide. Romania must beat Netherlands, and Netherlands must beat Germany...not utterly hopeless though, so we'll see :)

Exciting matches ahead :)

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Absolutely PROUD of my team and f#cking excited for what's coming next. Let's go girls, be strong! Same ambition, same focus, same HEART! Let's make this December a memorable one and put that medal on top of our Christmas tree! HAI ROMÂNIA!!! ❤

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:30 am

Mr. 007 wrote:If we are back in the medalhunt, it's for other teams to decide. Romania must beat Netherlands, and Netherlands must beat Germany...not utterly hopeless though, so we'll see :)

Romania will beat the Netherlands, no discussion, Romania so far impressed me most of all teams in Euro2018. Netherlands without Broch and Snelder and Wester as GK will lose all 3 matches in the second round.
So Germany will beat Holland and will be in the final 4 with Romania, France and Russia.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:06 am

Scheersberg wrote:Romania will beat the Netherlands, no discussion, Romania so far impressed me most of all teams in Euro2018.

Romania may beat them, maybe not. Too close to call.
Scheersberg wrote:So Germany will beat Holland...

Can't see that happening. The Netherlands are superior on at least 4 positions in comparison.
idle banter.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am

Agree with @HB9, both matches are too close to say anything about a winner. They can go either way. From what's coming out of the Romanian press, there's a lot of respect for the Dutch team, from our team and fans. Not sure this would've been the case 2-3 years ago. I can only hope this means the team is fully prepared for today!

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:42 am

Scheersberg wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:If we are back in the medalhunt, it's for other teams to decide. Romania must beat Netherlands, and Netherlands must beat Germany...not utterly hopeless though, so we'll see :)

Romania will beat the Netherlands, no discussion, Romania so far impressed me most of all teams in Euro2018. Netherlands without Broch and Snelder and Wester as GK will lose all 3 matches in the second round.
So Germany will beat Holland and will be in the final 4 with Romania, France and Russia.

Have more faith in your team...and beat Germany at least :)

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:39 pm

As I said before the match against Holland very difficult for Romania...and today Holland was better.Congrats Holland !
Head up Romania, there are still 2 matches to play in this group and good chances to go on semis ... :)

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Christ...they didn't even try :) Let's see if it backfires, and Romania loses to both Spain and Hungary...because they really deserves it :)

danr
Regular

Postby danr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:Christ...they didn't even try :) Let's see if it backfires, and Romania loses to both Spain and Hungary...because they really deserves it :)

Yeah it will backfire, we will not repeat this bad game :).

On the other hand that 33-32 with GER will surely backfire, norway will now know the bitter taste of playing the match for the 5th place, good luck there =D> =D>

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Scheersberg wrote:Romania will beat the Netherlands, no discussion, Romania so far impressed me most of all teams in Euro2018. Netherlands without Broch and Snelder and Wester as GK will lose all 3 matches in the second round.

that looks funny now :D.
congrats to your team. they really deserved it!
Live long and prosper.

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 pm

swarthofole wrote:
Scheersberg wrote:Romania will beat the Netherlands, no discussion, Romania so far impressed me most of all teams in Euro2018. Netherlands without Broch and Snelder and Wester as GK will lose all 3 matches in the second round.

that looks funny now :D.
congrats to your team. they really deserved it!

I had low expectations for the Romania game. Saw them play in Eindhoven the preparation game against Angola, I was not impressed.
Was not sure about Wester, this time her savings percentage were OK. Sad the injury of Groot but I read it is not a brain injury but she suffered from migraine and can probably play against Norway.
It was great fun looking at the Dutch girls, solid defense, so no not much danger from Neagu and a lot of creativity in their offense play. Well done.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 am

Mr. 007 wrote:Christ...they didn't even try :) Let's see if it backfires, and Romania loses to both Spain and Hungary...because they really deserves it :)

Why do we deserve that? Because we beat Norway and let them with such small chance for the semis? That shows frustration.
And what do you imply? That it was a plan to lose? That we didnt play like before because we wanted that? Let me assure you that it wasnt the case, not 1%, trust me.

The girls really wanted to play as good as in the first group and stay undefeated, but it wasnt a good day at all and Netherlands was simply better. I was sure we will have a really bad day in this EC as we had in every competition so far, and I am so glad it was now and not later. Nothing worked, no defense, no attack schemes, no solid goalkeeping.

So you might think what you want, but we didnt lose intentionally. And I am sure we will show good handball again.
Its actually so funny to see the norwegians hanging loose on the fingertips of other teams. Maybe its time to learn something from these two defeats and not find lame excuses, like I saw the players do. But I doubt they will step a bit lower from their sky-high attitude and actually give respect to the ones who beat them.

Tomorrow we face Spain, another chance to prove our strength. But for today I bet on Montenegro and Russia. Have a good day :)

Return to “Female Handball”