Danish League 2017/2018

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
maz
Extra Member

Re: Danish League 2017/2018

Postby maz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:54 pm

If we take a look on the Team Tvis-situation. Right now they have 8 players under contract for next season: Mathilde Hylleberg, Mathilde Neesgaard, Inger Smits, Louise Egestorp, Sarah Stougaard, Hanne Trangeled, Laura Jensen and Caroline Svarre.

They have two players with contracts expiring: Emilie Bastrup and Maja Eriksson. I would assume they extend both contracts.

That would leave their team looking like this for next season:
Left wing: Emilie Bastrup, Sarah Stougaard
Left back: Maja Eriksson, Inger Smits
Playmaker: Mathilde Neesgaard, Laura Jensen (Line Frandsen)
Right back:
Right wing: Mathilde Hylleberg
Pivot: Caroline Svarre, Hanne Trangeled
Goalkeeper: Louise Egestorp

That's actually not a terrible team for next season but they obviously still need to fill some holes.

I think they would want one more right-handed backplayer and for them I think the two best players available would be: Laura Damgaard Lund in Aalborg or Mette Brandt in Horsens. Both will play in the league in the near future and TTH should try to lock them up before other teams do. That's a quick fix.

Right wing: My best bets for realistic candidates would either be Henriette Hansen in Ringkøbing or Andrea Hansen in København. Henriette Hansen is close to her big breakthrough in the League. Andrea Hansen is a big talent, who is physically ready for playing time at the senior-level. I'm not sure it's realistic making Andrea Hansen leave København right now, so Henriette Hansen is probably the best bet for them. They would both fit well with Hylleberg.

Right back: Helene Kindberg should be on top of their list. In terms of a mature talent, she is probably the best available right now. She will probably look to get away from FCM and get some more playing time. Nikoline Lundgreen would also be interesting if she wants some more playing time. They probably won't get both though. That would end up being a very inexperienced right side but the good thing about TTH is that they have the balls to actually take some chances in their talent-development.

Pivot: If I was the one searching for a young pivot right now, I would start looking at Celine Holst. She is incredibly talented. She needs to put everything together in terms of experience and being mentally on top at all times but just in terms of handball skills, so is really, really good. I hope Aarhus can keep her. Therese Durck is the one big pivot-talent on the market right now and it's just a waiting game in terms of who wants to be the team giving her a chance at early League-experience if Odense doesn't want to. Odense just brought in Sara Hald, so one would think Durck is up for the taking.

Goalkeeper: Stine Broløs would be great with Egestorp who's a bit more experienced. Broløs needs to get some playing time, so she could hopefully get that in Tvis. Other than that I think Martine Andersen is a very bright talent who could get more playing time if she leaves København. When Tømmerbakke is ready again, then it will probably be the end of Martines KBH-adventure.

This is, of course, if they go all out on young players. They won't and they shouldn't but it's easier identifying players for them, when you can look at a certain criteria. These are players I could see Krautmeyer like in terms of their potential and playing style.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Final Four starts today! It will be interesting to see where the different teams stand after the break. Of course Aarhus is the massive underdog today, but if it's possible beating Viborg in the quarterfinal, it's possible beating KBH and either Esbjerg or FCM in the final. I certainly believe in the girls. It should certainly be a great fight between the big cities!

In the other match I think FCM will be victorious. I know they have lost a ton of players but they still have the one that really matters. Veronica Kristiansen. Also. Until she proves me other wise I will take Englert in goal in front of Sandra Toft.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:12 pm

maz wrote:Final Four starts today! It will be interesting to see where the different teams stand after the break. Of course Aarhus is the massive underdog today, but if it's possible beating Viborg in the quarterfinal, it's possible beating KBH and either Esbjerg or FCM in the final. I certainly believe in the girls. It should certainly be a great fight between the big cities!

In the other match I think FCM will be victorious. I know they have lost a ton of players but they still have the one that really matters. Veronica Kristiansen. Also. Until she proves me other wise I will take Englert in goal in front of Sandra Toft.

Is there any chance for a decent stream?

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Gojira wrote:
maz wrote:Final Four starts today! It will be interesting to see where the different teams stand after the break. Of course Aarhus is the massive underdog today, but if it's possible beating Viborg in the quarterfinal, it's possible beating KBH and either Esbjerg or FCM in the final. I certainly believe in the girls. It should certainly be a great fight between the big cities!

My guess is no. I can look around but given it's on one of the sports channels, then I think the chance is at close to 0% :(

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm

maz wrote:
Gojira wrote:

My guess is no. I can look around but given it's on one of the sports channels, then I think the chance is at close to 0% :(

Aha. Thanks anyway.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 pm

Because the media won't and most people don't recognize players on a team that loses 90% of their matches, I think it's time for appreciation of Simone Petersen. Enough won't and can't be said about how she has performed. This weekend was just yet another amazing display from her. She has been one of the best players in the league this season. Not one of the best in Aarhus - one of the best of all players in the League.

And to show another example as to why MEP stinks. She had an 1.50 MEP last night after she scored 5, made some of the best assists the league has seen in a long time and was constantly the biggest Aarhus-threat. She always applies pressure on the defense which leads to goals for her teammates. She was also a rock defensively with Celine Holst. When your central defense is two 20 year olds and they only let a ton of World Championship-players score 10 goals in the first half, then those two defenders are certainly doing something right.

Thankfully for everybody, Simone came to a place where she is playing and thriving. In FCM people kind of forget what kind of talent she is but she has proven herself yet again. No reason to doubt her. People have stopped being critical of Højlund in Odense - just accepting that she is the future of the PM-position in Denmark and the undisputable biggest playmaker-talent. Give me Simone Petersen over Mie Højlund any day of the week.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:04 pm

Aarhus United getting a ton of respect after this Final Four and it's amazing. I doubt it will carry on into the season but people seem really interested. Some of the players are getting the respect they deserve and have deserved for a long time. I think picture say more than words. Congrats to Esbjerg as well. Showed they can go far in the spring as well. And happy/safe New Year to everybody! :D

Anol
Regular

Postby Anol » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:23 pm

Must say that I've been impressed by Aarhus United. Not only by their win against FCM, but also when I saw them play in Esbjerg and other games. A group of talented players that fight for each other. Sadly they always seem to run out of steam in the second half(except yesterday obviously). I'm sure they will cause a couple of upsets in the months to come.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:51 pm

Anol wrote:Must say that I've been impressed by Aarhus United. Not only by their win against FCM, but also when I saw them play in Esbjerg and other games. A group of talented players that fight for each other. Sadly they always seem to run out of steam in the second half(except yesterday obviously). I'm sure they will cause a couple of upsets in the months to come.

Yeah. I think that's what characterizes the two youngest teams in the league - Aarhus and Ajax. Aarhus of course a bit more talented than Ajax, so it brings some more points. Heine knows that this team won't win many matches if the opponents play a great game, so his tactics so far this season has been being super aggressive, create some turnovers that way. That lead to the win yesterday, it lead to an upset against Silkeborg and a near upset against Viborg. The win yesterday even came without one of the most important players for this team - Majbritt Toft, who has been instrumental in defense but Celine Holst stepped in beautifully.

Hopefully this exposure to mainstream Denmark will lead to Tv2 giving Aarhus more televised matches. None lined up in the near future.

EDIT: And Lene Østergaard came on the court yesterday 8:) That happens when you crush your opponents in a final :D

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm

It's very interesting to see who will promoted from the 1st division this season. Most impotant season for many of these teams in a long time. Two spots directly in the League. There's four teams fighting for the spots. SønderjyskE, Aalborg, Horsens and Hadsten.

I really hope we will see SønderjyskE, Aalborg and Horsens promoted. It will for sure be some exciting relegation matches between any of them and Ajax. SønderjyskE have some severely underrated players. Helena Løjborg has continued to show that she is too good a pivot to play in the second best league, and then they have some well-known options in the backcourt with Emily Baunsgaard, Leonora Demaj and Emma Kiellberg. Aalborg probably have the best 1st division player in Laura Lund and the Aalborg area is needed in the League. Horsens really want to get into the league this season. The majority of their players are playing on contract and they have FCM u18s old coach Henrik Okkerstrøm in charge. They probably have the most exciting roster in the 1st division. Sofie Fynbo, Amalie Jacobsen, Mette Brandt, Märta Hedenquist. They play some fun handball and they would be a great addition to the league.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Horsens is throwing away their promotion-spot. If some of the Aarhus United-players decide to leave, I really want Mette Brandt from Horsens to be a part of the Aarhus-squad. She has proven herself in the 1st division and will hopefully also prove herself at the u20 championship this summer. Ida Lagerbon as well.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Randers launched there next step in their plans. The start of this was #RandersForfra (translated roughly into 'Randers redone'), now I think it's something along the lines of 'Randers moving forward'.

They sign Jamina Roberts and Julia Eriksson which in my opinion are great signings. So now they have brought in Sabine Pedersen, Line Mai, Sivertsen, Roberts and Eriksson while they will lose Molid, Gitte Andersen, Gulmark (already left), Clara Monti, Daniela Gustin, Lærke Christensen.

So they squad looks something like:
GK: Juncker, Thörn
LW: Camilla Degn, "Maria Fisker", (Signe Schaar)
LB: Julie Eriksson, Jamina Roberts, Anne-Sofie Hjort
PM: "Maria Fisker", Rikke Thorngaard, Cecilie Mørch
RB: Celine Sivertsen, Camilla Dalby
RW: Line Mai Hougaard, Mathilde Orkild
Pivot: Sabine Pedersen, Josefine Dragenberg, Christina Hansen

Looks like a very solid team and finally they have a direction. Degn, Thorngaard and Hougaard are three very exciting talents.
Last edited by maz on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anol
Regular

Postby Anol » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Are you not missing Camilla Dalby?

The two signings announced yesterday are certainly good. However I doubt that this team,as it is looking right now, has the quality to break into the top 4 spots in the league. Or am I way off here? But I guess that is probably not their goal for next season

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Anol wrote:Are you not missing Camilla Dalby?

The two signings announced yesterday are certainly good. However I doubt that this team,as it is looking right now, has the quality to break into the top 4 spots in the league. Or am I way off here? But I guess that is probably not their goal for next season

Oh yeah. Sorry. Completely forgot about her. The top is incredibly difficult to predict but I think they will be in the top part of the League and could make a good run in the new playoff-structure. Certainly looks like a team that will be difficult to beat on their day.

EDIT: Also forgot Anne Sofie Hjort.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:08 am

So I mostly do these for my own benefit because I kind of lack an overview on how each roster is shaping up with contract's running out and new players coming in. With Larissa Nusser being brought in to KBH, I found it interesting seeing how their roster is looking for next season.

LW: Marie Wall
LB: Jenny Alm, Kelly Dulfer, Mai Kragballe
PM: Mia Rej, Larissa Nusser
RB: Hanna Blomstrand, Anne Cecilie De la Cour
RW: Debbit Bont, Line Bjørnsen, Andrea Hansen
Pivot: Linn Blohm, Annika Meyer, Maria Lykkegaard
GK: Johanna Bundsen, Marie Tømmerbakke, Amalie Milling

KBH is looking very strong for next season in my opinion. I really think they will be a bit improved from this season where they have been clearly the best team, so that's kind of scary for the other top teams in the league.

They do have an abundance of right wings with long contracts. Bont to 2021, Bjørnsen to 2020 and Andrea Hansen to 2022. I think they will stick with three right wings for the next season and then the realistic scenario is that Bjørnsen will have to find a different team unless she has a breakthrough season. She might already leave this summer depending on her contract. They clearly view Andrea Hansen as the future on that position so they will probably not want to hinder her development too much.
Last edited by maz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:21 am

Hi, how are playoffs organized in this season? I see HERE 8 teams marked blue, does that mean that there will be quarterfinals with 8 participants?
Additionally, is the old rule valid, the winner of the main round (most probably Köbenhavn) may participate in Champions League next season, reagerdless of their results in the playoffs?
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:30 am

Germanicus wrote:Hi, how are playoffs organized in this season? I see HERE 8 teams marked blue, does that mean that there will be quarterfinals with 8 participants?
Additionally, is the old rule valid, the winner of the main round (most probably Köbenhavn) may participate in Champions League next season, reagerdless of their results in the playoffs?

Yes Copenhagen will be in CL no matter what
(at least CL qual, if DK dont get 2 direct spots)
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:35 am

And play offs will be with 2 groups "round robin" so 6 matches.

No. 1 and 2 in main round will have 2 points up front in play offs and no. 3 and 4 will have 1 point in play offs before start.

After that semi's and final matches. ( best of 3 matches I think? )
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:59 pm

Keeping it up and looking at what I consider the most exciting squad for next season: Viborg!

LW: AG Nørgaard, Amalie Grøn
LB: Kristina Jørgensen, Line Haugsted
PM: Line Uno, Carin Strömberg
RB: Moa Högdahl, Pauline Bøgelund
RW: Stine Andersen, Anne-Sofie Filtenborg
Pivot: Bodholt, Ida-Marie Dahl, Anne Hykkelbjerg
GK: Rikke Poulsen, Hanna Daglund, Josephine Nordstrøm

I don't think any team comes close to having a better setup for the future right now than Viborg. Just look at the pivot-position. They have Bodholt, who's certainly one of the best in Denmark and then they have two of the biggest pivot-talents in Dahl and Hykkelbjerg. If they can keep it moving and not be too injury-plagued then Viborg is set for the future and competing for the championship season after season. Obviously it's never that easy to predict and Heine has shown weakness in terms of game-planning this season but I don't doubt he will bounce back tactically.

They have a decision to make concerning to extend Clara Høgh-Poulsens contract or not. She is an exciting player but I think she wants some playing time and will end up playing at a team lower in the League.
Last edited by maz on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:31 pm

Nice job maz :!:
But you confuses Stine and Sidsel B. and leaves one out.
What about Tømmerbakke in KBH?
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Mixball wrote:Nice job maz :!:
But you confuses Stine and Sidsel B. and leaves one out.
What about Tømmerbakke in KBH?

Ah yeah. I do that a lot :lol: They look so much alike. Impossible to know who's who!

I thought Tømmerbakke was on a 1 year deal but that's just wrong I can see :)

It's been edited. Thanks Mix!

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm

max wrote:And play offs will be with 2 groups "round robin" so 6 matches.

No. 1 and 2 in main round will have 2 points up front in play offs and no. 3 and 4 will have 1 point in play offs before start.

After that semi's and final matches. ( best of 3 matches I think? )

Confirmed best of 3 matches in semi's/final/3'rd place.
The 2 groups are (places from mainround):
Group 1: Place no. 1,4,5,8
Group 2: Place no. 2,3,6,7

P.S. Tie breaker at even points in the two groups is the mainround placement.
Last edited by Mixball on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Mixball wrote:But you confuses Stine and Sidsel B. and leaves one out.

Sidsel is left out because she is ending her career after this season, unfortunately.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 pm

maz wrote:
Mixball wrote:But you confuses Stine and Sidsel B. and leaves one out.

Sidsel is left out because she is ending her career after this season, unfortunately.

Sad news :(

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:08 am

I think it's pretty cool to see so many young players breakthrough at the moment and I see it as a testament for teams to not worry about bringing in mediocre foreign players when you have your own talented players ready. Right now these players are having smaller breakthrough because of injuries.

Emilie Ytting has been fantastic this season, one of the better left wings in the league when given the playing time but she only got the playing time because of Hege Bakken's injury.

Stine Broløs' save% is at 47% during Randers' last three match against Esbjerg, Midtjylland and Ajax. They had to bench Juncker because Broløs has been clearly outperforming her and Randers is working on extending her contract. When they evaluated her under a year ago, they didn't think she was good enough and they wanted to bring in Thörn instead. So they let Broløs leave to Skanderborg. Thörn is not a bad goalkeeper but Broløs was a part of their own youth system where she performed incredibly well and won a few trophies with them. Now they are going to have three keepers for the next season where one surely won't get playing time.

I'm not opposed to foreign players but I do think teams are way too quick to discard their own talents and they are thinking short-term rather than long-term. Talking from my own perspective with handball here in Aarhus where the city doesn't really care, it's incredibly important to not lose the culture of the city. The young players in the city want something to strive for and the people living here want to see local players on the team.

Return to “Female Handball”