17:45 Montenegro - Russia
18:00 Angola - France
18:00 Hungary - Sweden
18:00 China - Netherlands

20:30 Paraguay - Spain
20:30 Argentina - Norway
20:30 Japan - Denmark
20:30 South Korea - Germany

https://handball-deutschland.tv/wm-frauen-2017 (Use Hola addon for Chrome, with selected German IP!)

swarthofole
Extra Member

Re: 2017 World Championship - Day 3

Postby swarthofole » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:26 am

I hope today Ambros Martin will stop that Brownian movement he calls handball. This team is not fit to this kind of game. I understand he wanted to see all the players at work, but I hope he had enough and that he cleared his head.
Unfortunately I don't see any tactics and clearly we don't have a "standard" team of 6 players, but maybe today it will be different. For the sake of this team and its future.
Live long and prosper.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:00 am

swarthofole wrote:I hope today Ambros Martin will stop that Brownian movement he calls handball.

Lol. This is a fantastic sentence, I love it :D :D :thumright:

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 am

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:11 pm

Most interesting (balanced) games of the day for neutral fans:

14:00:
Slovenia - Romania or Poland - Czech Republic :-k

18:00:
Hungary - Sweden or Montenegro - Russia :-k

20:30:
South Korea - Germany

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:12 pm

The time table is very badly organized for today :( :evil:

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 pm

How can you celebrate a win over Slovenia? How? 6-7 years ago, we would have win +15 even against the current Slovenia.

It's true that the Slovenian squad was missing some girls though. But what is Ambros trying to do? Trying to win all the games scoring more than the opponent? Perianu one of our best defenders got injured, now Szucs was again left ouf the squad. The defence of Ambros is 0.

Now let me start with the primadonas. Dedu got rich in Hungary, and since then stopped working a lot, training. But it was Mos Martin's decision to keep her on goal instead of sending in Dumanska who was better against Paraguay.

Florianu. This girl is 0. Why? Because of her cocky and arrogant attitude, she believes she's a star but in fact even in attack she started to play badly. Let me tell you something, she defends like Nora Moerk, but at least offensively if she would be that good... Imo, Florianu can't be used in defence, NEVER EVER! 0.

Geiger and Dragut? 0 and -100. Dragut, esti o amatoare slefuita de Tadici!

Aneta Udristioiu? She will never reach Chiper's best form, whilst her defence is GROAZNICA. Groaznica in defence! How can she be a player of CSM Bucharest defending like that?

Neagu good, thanks God! Even with her shoulder, although she is still not as good she used to be in defence under Adzic. Ardean, also ok. Neagu, Ardean, Ungureanu, all the Romanian oldies, at least have personality and respect for their statue of players! And for the national flag!

Here the coach is bad but also the attitude. Buceschi? Improving, but her mentality is highly affected probably by this Pașca! I wonder who tells them "prostii", Martin or Pașca. Just listen the interviews!

Although all this happens because of bad coaching. Did Ambros make them play like they are on drugs? YES! I have seen this happening with the Romanian National Football Team. That's why I am not watching idiots. And clowns.

PS. Telekom guys are idiots! "Supervictory, Mr Ambros!" They know nothing about handball. Even if we beat Angola or Spain or France, and even avoid Norway, any of Czech Republic/Poland/Hungary can beat us. We are trash, bad in defence and probably at some moment we will also be bad as fitness like we were against Denmark at Euro. I don't see happening anything with our defence, behind are also unexperienced girls like Tomescu. And even pylons like Pintea are not playing anything. I cannot say Neagu is a pylon in defence, but at least she used to play better. And Florianu? With Florianu do you want semifinals? Florianu is a joke in defence.

Laslo could have played in first half, Dumanska should have played all the time maybe. What a bad team, not just only the defence is bad but also the selection.

Vărzaru hired by Telekom, keeps lying to us that she was sure we would come back. Good joke, we will "progress" also against France this way! From 0 to 100%. Good, Varzo! Make statue from a hard obtained win against a mediocre team. Maybe Slovenia will look different with the missing players, but even though I like Stanko youngster, and Koren and others also improved, only Gros could play for the Romanian NT. Even for this worse Romanian selection.

Btw, Slovenia also bad defence. That's why the match looked attractive for the fans of handball maybe. But in fact, there was not a match played by two very good attacks that neglect defence in a bad day.

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Where is the good Angola player Natália Bernardo?
She is not in the squad

She was good in the olympics

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:51 pm

Lucy wrote:Where is the good Angola player Natália Bernardo?
She is not in the squad

She was good in the olympics

She's in the other topic: viewtopic.php?p=168122#p168122 ;)

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:38 pm

So Slovenia-Romania 28-31
The game was a fight tot the finish.
As the game with France , SLovenia started with force and a Gros unstoppable.
This till aroun d20 in the first half... 12-7.
Then every thing was shfit it, with a more balanced and agressive defence and a Neagu on fire...
Good play by Dedu,Buceschi,Ardean,Pintea.

Slovenia looked good, but with Gros under pressure they couldn t be so dangerous.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:23 pm

GROS - NEAGU 10 - 11 :lol:

I liked also Pintea 6 / Buceschi (SH) 5 / Udristiou 4 / Elisei 4 (+ her excellent defence)

.......I expect more from Dedu....

Flying Dutchman
Rookie

Postby Flying Dutchman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:01 am

catalin82 wrote:Good play by Dedu

Doru Delavale wrote:I expect more from Dedu

Supporters' heart! :)

Personally I don't understand all this fuss. This is the strength of Romania. It is something they blew up long ago. I mean, how do you expect to stay close to the world elite, when you have 26-28 yo. players who have won like 20-30 caps? Some even less? How do you want to keep up with them, if you have 4 (!!!) players who play in the CL (with probably only Neagu who gets enough playing minutes). How could they deal with the loss of likes Ungureanu, Bradeanu if you don't pay attention and develop the possible replacements? That's it, the sad truth, the material is weak, the transformation is stuck. If there wasn't Neagu, they'd suffer big time. One might blame it on the coach, though they might be ignorant enough not to know that if an always defensive minded Martin-team concedes close to 30 goal, it's not his fault. Romania is totally in it's place.

One can look at the Netherlands squad- vast majority of the players are between 25 and 27 with 70+ caps each. The fact that half of the Slovenian squad are practically newcomers is also a big plus to the Slovenian performance (and they get regular CL experience with Krim, that can help them on the long term.) Montenegro also looks pretty impressive if we look at their long term plan.

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 am

@Flying Dutchman
You are right and wrong. :D
Think what would happen with the Netherlands if Groot doesn't play. And do the same thing with Norway - Nora Mork. The first one is the "brain" (but she also scores a lot) and Nora is the scoring machine (and also a little "brain"). What I am trying to say is that missing Neagu would be a blow for any team in the world, just like Groot or Mork is (and those are just two cases, but we can look for more in other teams). Of course Norway has many players who could step up, but Romania and the Netherlands...
About that experience, yeah, Champions League helps a lot in player's development. But this not the only thing. It helps a lot to have a strong competition in your country (if your players play there). Look at Hungary, they should have a strong team considering that NB1 is maybe the strongest internal competition, but they failed rebuilding due to other things.
Romania got on top many years with players coming mostly from internal competition (and believe me, not all of them were playing Ch League).
In my opinion the main problem (not just for our NT) is the general decreased level of players. And that is an issue more difficult to solve (even if we are talking about coaches like AM or HT etc).
Now, when you don't have players at all, there are other causes to blame (not the coach). But when the players are continuously running for changes (all looking like a Brownian movement - this is for Gojira:D) or if you see no tactics at all, no ideas, no reaction, no gameplays, you can also blame the coach.

PS: Dedu has a lot to improve. so 2-1 for the "dark side". 8:)
Live long and prosper.

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:46 am

Brake time so is time for analisys. :)

I read this brownian movement, and is explicable for one reason and a good one... is used at the prep games in Carpathian Trophy and also with Paraguay ( abvious reason) for getting all the players playing time because a lack of experience for some 25-27 years olds(as espressed by flying dutchmen)

Dedu had some decisive saves, not a lot overall , 7 if i remember .

Biggest problem for the team at the moment, after the 3 game at C.T. and 2 in Germany is the central defense system.
Pintea and Florianu(Zamfir) is not at all fortifyed, for example in the game with Slovenia it was concided 17 goals in center (9m or 6 m) from a total of 28, wereas it should be the stronger part for any important team.
But in a system played in the second half with Slovenia with Ardean pushing hte Rb in theback things improved, and also with Zamfirescu right intermediate defender.

It would be nice that somebody else will start shooting from 9 m, other than Neagu, it is necessary when a stronger defence than of Slovenia will mark her tighter.

Buceschi had a good game, so she can score with breaktrough but she dosent has a power strike, maybe Geiger but from her a do not have that much expectations.

With Spain it will be very interesting display of defense i guess, i believe that Neagu, once again, with be the difference :)

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Flying Dutchman is the Romanian cloner as I have some already previously announced. Probably he hasn't found a Dutch IP, just an English one. Talk for your team please that already lost a game!

Look at him how lame, he is reproducing what he heard on Romanian television. That fewer of our players play at CL.

This isn't even true, it matters less because almost all the national teams expect for 2-3 maybe, maximum 4, are having same type of squads. All the national teams decreased big since the 2000s, no more dream teams, plus this wrong development also prolonged after the 2010s. At least Romania forms own players, they are not formed as other half in Denmark or Germany. Our team has some reconstruction, plus all play in Romania, Hungary or France. EHF groups are also good enough, if they are the best in their teams. Corona are not VOC Amsterdam, they are as good as Craiova and others.

Same team was 3rd and 5th in the last two championships. We also miss Perianu (Siofok), our best defender. Plus our second best defender Szucs wasn't even in the squad yet for 2 times. The defence is just a disaster! Romanian NT should have been already prepared for the competition. So why I cannot blame Martin?

What you really don't know, is that the 9-meter level of team is better than 1-2 years ago now. The wings pretty much the same, we don't have a back-up on the pivot line but in CL Pintea was almost as good as Manea if not better. And Crina Pintea doesn't play here in Germany as good as she played for THC. Pintea used also to be fantastic in defence, now not anymore. The only problem are the young goalkeepers, that's all. In rest are things that Martin didn't fix such as defence and our backs that are shooting less. Geiger was very good for Brest in the last 1 year and a half (!). Dragut was excellent at Carpathian Trophy, Florianu is in attack in the shape of her life. We just go from worse to worse, that's why I am questioning coaching.

Compared to some middle national teams, we really have weapons. And we will have for the next years, especially in defence. Pintea and Perianu that is missing can assure the defence for the next 5-6 years at least. And all the younger generations that come from behind, mainly have good shooters. Who has shooters and finds goalkeepers, is up. Plus there are about 2-3 excellent young right wings. So we are in transition but objectively the squad is good enough for a top 6 objective.

With right coaching, we should stay in the elite for next 10 years, also because the current state of handball is lower. The decrease affected all, but we haven't been affected that much. Even Russia was enough affected. Norway and France the most. "Your" Netherlands isn't in discussion since you just came.

And I really don't know why you are willing always to comment our team, and never yours.

Regarding Neagu, I don't see any balanced team than Norway, we cannot find 3 awesome backs or dream team backs like in on club level. If you also remove Groot, Dmitrieva, Rodrigues, Bulatovic, Gullden, Barbosa, Grigel etc there are more problems (btw, we beat Germany without Neagu). Note that France will also lose players and without the black players from U18, they could face problems. Because I am just saying, those African origin players are hungrier and we could see them developing. But Lacrabere, Ayglon and Pineau might not exist anymore in 3-4 years. Dembele is kinda done. Some new wings (not all) are not much. LANDRE was found from Romania.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm

So I am talking about the quality of the players, but your argument is not valid since we look at the quality of the squads (2017 World Champs).

On long term of course that if you want to develop into a world class and a huge name, you must play in CL/EHF highest phases/derbies (mainly CL). But until now the squads are just decreased.

Russia only 5 play in CL for Rostov, and at least 1 is not even the regular player. Or the current quality of Hungarian and German is being helped by the fact many play in CL at the moment? Btw, Denmark also just with 5 in CL.

So you only talk crap, except for 2-3 teams, maximum 4, YOU SHOULD ALSO MAKE MORALE FOR THE REST. Plus Netherlands lost to Korea.

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm

So until to make stupid statements, although obviously you are the cloner we deal with (mocking Romania all the time), find out that next years maybe more Dutch players will not play in CL.

Except for Broch and Groot, none is really CL. Smeets, Rozemalen and Malenstein don't really say anything to handball, and they play for Bietigheim. But probably they play there from before? Estavana Polman who is CL level for example plays for Team Esbjerg, which is not really in EHF Cup. Of course that you can now bring me the Danish Championship argument, but it's not like the Romanian league is not also top. And most of your players play in Germany, not in Denmark btw. You cannot compare Dulfer or Bont, to Florianu, Buceschi, or Constantinescu, Bazaliu, Tiron and others that are not even in our squad because they were considered objectively poorer. Dulfer and Bont that play in Demark. So it wouldn't be an a valid point.

van der Heijden and Snelder play for FTC, but it's not like they are top players. Florianu can easily be over van der Heijden at any hour. In attack.

So what don't see your team? Which would be, maybe it's not Netherlands..

swarthofole wrote:
In my opinion the main problem (not just for our NT) is the general decreased level of players

Yes. And I hardly think something will change for the next 10-15 years.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:23 pm

What I do not understand, vlad, is why everybody who disagrees you is called being a clone. :lol:
I know, I am the clone of John and Flash or vice versa. 8:) Probably now I am writing from Mars, claiming that I am a Romanian guy who likes handball.
Give the man a break, he just stated his opinion, you will either agree or disagree, this doesn't make him your enemy.
Please treat all of us with much more respect, if you want people to take you for a real member of this forum. I know you can do it. ;)
PS: use the edit button when needed. you spam everywhere.
Live long and prosper.

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:24 pm

swarthofole wrote:What I do not understand, vlad, is why everybody who disagrees you is called being a clone. :lol:

Well, he might be a clone. There are clones on this forum but B doesn't want to check them. Any VPN IP shouldn't be allowed. I have access to the site, I even have the key. So don't you think I know everything? :-k It's also very strange you attacked me several times.

So Flying Dutchman wakes up at 5 AM in Britain and is never logged in with you in the same time? He writes his opinion ABOUT ROMANIA (nothing Dutch again) at 5, very strange for a Dutch in the UK that would go to work on Monday.

Then after you disagreed with "him" or you maybe, you come to accuse me. ;) Russian style manipulation!

I don't know why you comment 10-20 lines, not 1-2 like me, off-topic.

@ swarthofole

If B will allow me, I will prove 7-8 clones at least that would surprise everybody.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:34 pm

yeah, we are all here to make your life a hell. :lol:

for all other users: sorry for being off topic. I will not go further with this.
Live long and prosper.

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 pm

swarthofole wrote:yeah, we are all here to make your life a hell. :lol:

for all other users: sorry for being off topic. I will not go further with this.

I am also not willing to continue. But yeah, your lack of maturity makes you think you can earn anything from cloning. It's your only toy and probably joy! You don't live your life with dignity, I am not 15 years old (unfortately x2 probably) like you. On the internet you can be Obama. ;)

And don't really think 10-20% of the people are not smart enough to detect trickery.

Flying Dutchman
Rookie

Postby Flying Dutchman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 am

You gave me nightmares with your English that sounds like you just picked up here and there, and the incoherent bla-bla didn't help either, but I think I did a good job with understanding what just popped out from your twisted mind. And between the accusations and depreciating comments on the Dutch players, you also managed to drop some funny lines like this:

vlad_impaler wrote:What you really don't know, is that the 9-meter level of team is better than 1-2 years ago now.

Like, I was stupid enough to think that
vlad_impaler wrote:[Florianu] is 0
with
vlad_impaler wrote:cocky and arrogant attitude
who
vlad_impaler wrote:believes she's a star but in fact even in attack she started to play badly and can't be used in defence, NEVER EVER! 0.
Oh, and
vlad_impaler wrote:Geiger and Dragut? 0 and -100.

I mean, I don't know if you are simply like this or you don't understand handball at all and change your mind from moment to moment depending on your mood. Anyhow, it tells a lot about your competence of handball.

Ah, yes, and since have no idea about Dutch handball, and it hurt your little soul that I never talk about Netherlands, let me lighten you up a bit. Comparing VOC (or Dalfsen, since they were somewhat of eternal champions in the past decade) to the ones mentioned above is just silly. You might have not done your homework to watch some games before you judge them (you obviously didn't), so let me tell you that the current VOC is made up of players born between '98 and '01, while most of Dalfsen players are from the generation '95-'98. They are practically children (some of them literally). And this is completely okay. You know, the have fun, they enjoy it. Some of them may quit handball sooner or later, some of them will carry on playing for their own entertainment, while others make a professional career out of it. Due to the close proximiy of Germany and the somewhat similar language there will always be a market for Dutch players. That simple. No heavy sums included, no pressure from anyone, no gambling with public money.

I have no words for the rest of your nonsense babbling, however, I have to admit I really liked your last shot:

vlad_impaler wrote:Plus Netherlands lost to Korea.

I mean, like it would justify everything you wrote above :P

swarthofole wrote:@Flying Dutchman
You are right and wrong. :D
Think what would happen with the Netherlands if Groot doesn't play. And do the same thing with Norway - Nora Mork. The first one is the "brain" (but she also scores a lot) and Nora is the scoring machine (and also a little "brain"). What I am trying to say is that missing Neagu would be a blow for any team in the world, just like Groot or Mork is (and those are just two cases, but we can look for more in other teams). Of course Norway has many players who could step up, but Romania and the Netherlands...

Well, I think the Dutch team has Tessie in goal, Abbingh in attack and Broch as a tower, so yeah, the team would defo. feel Nycke's absence, but it wouldn't affect the team as much as if Neagu wasn't there for Romania. And probably Kaca and Gullden are the same category. The other teams? I think they're pretty balanced. Pull out Pineau, others are there to step up. Pull out Barbosa, there's Pena and Martin and so on..

swarthofole wrote:About that experience, yeah, Champions League helps a lot in player's development. But this not the only thing. It helps a lot to have a strong competition in your country (if your players play there). Look at Hungary, they should have a strong team considering that NB1 is maybe the strongest internal competition, but they failed rebuilding due to other things.
Romania got on top many years with players coming mostly from internal competition (and believe me, not all of them were playing Ch League).

I really don't want to be a grammar nazi here, but please say domestic competition instead of internal. This word just hurts my ears (eyes). Call Champions League an external competition and I will cry in pain :)

And funnily enough, I think the exact opposite. The Hungarian league has Gyor, full with foreginer top class players and Hungarian fringe players (except probably a fully-fit Tomori; sadly enough I feel ageing makeshift-winger Gorbicz is slowly slipping into this category, too) and there's Ferencvaros that has a few good Hungarian players (and a wonderful Pena who always step up to push through the team during hard times.) The rest? Erd is a flop year after year, other teams cannot consistently perform for two consecutive seasons, the league has hit record numbers in foreigners, the players are well overpaid, all the teams are under constant pressure to win and perform, therefore they can't experiment with Hungarian youngsters, etc. And since the Oltchim-boom Romania has taken the very same path. There was a short-lived Rulmentul, there was Baia Mare, now there's CSM - so the best Romanian players are either second-line players in these moneyteams, or don't play CL handball. I think right now we are just at the beginning, but it may turn out really bad if it goes on this way.

swarthofole wrote:PS: Dedu has a lot to improve. so 2-1 for the "dark side". 8:)

:P

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:18 am

@Flying Dutchman
Funny thing is Dutch players are developing using the resources of the well-blamed teams like Gyor (Broch, Groot), Baia Mare (Abbingh), CSM Bucharest (I know there is no Dutch player there, it's just a "rich" team) and many played in Ch League only for teams like those (like Lois Abbingh did).
Stating that Oltchim was only importing foreign players (like we all know CSM Bucharest does) is so wrong and so unfair. You might wanna check the names of Romanian players who played for that team (and you will see the team that played against Viborg in the last act of ChL is the same as Romanian NT that won a bronze medal in 2010). Of course they screwed up things later (but please also check the names of the players who played for Viborg in that final :!: ).
Anyway I think there will always be teams like Viborg, Slagelse, Gyor, CSM Bucharest and luckily there will also be teams like Larvik, Buducnost, maybe FTC (but they currently have an increasing number of foreign players so I guess they won't fit this soon). This is the power of money, but it doesn't mean that all the other teams can not develop enough decent players (and maybe feeding the rich teams with some of them :D ).
Another thing, it also hurts my ear/ my eyes when it comes to analogy Barbosa vs Bulatovic, Gullden, Neagu and Groot. ](*,)
And I wish NED good luck without Groot (but for me it's not the same team).

PS: I know my English is not perfect and thank you for correcting me. (though I know "domestic" is the right word)
Live long and prosper.

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:18 am

Except for being cocky twice, as person and in writing, I can say "Flying Dutchman" that our 9-meter line is really better than 1-2 years ago but it's Martin's fault. About Florianu I said she was bad in defence and in attack she didn't play at the level she did against even Paraguay, in the tournament (not just against Debrecen or in the national league, plus Geiger was good for Brest, Dragut in very good form when she arrived at Carpathian Trophy and even there). So I expect more from them but with that defence, sorry I don't see anything good.

That's funny I agreed with you Netherlands has a better squad this year! And France has clearly a complete squad, second after Norway. I said remove "Groot, Dmitrieva, Rodrigues, Bulatovic, Gullden, Barbosa or Grigel". So don't tell me about Pineau because she isn't important anymore and France is one of the only teams with solutions. Allison used to be, now she's full of injuries. BUT let's see about France without Pineau first, ok? Then we will talk about their solutions. Until now we didn't have a France with a Pineau at this shape, barely walking and clearly carrying injury...

About a Netherlands without Groot, it's almost the same. Basically Romania has future for the next 7-8 years in Buceschi, Laslo, Bazaliu, Tiron, Constantinescu, Tîrcă, Szabo and others that are home. And more come from another 2 fantastic generations of youth and juniors, you didn't see yet the right wings. A great playmaker like Pricopi imo, isn't even in the squad because of Buceschi, Laslo and Zamfirescu. Wait also to see Laslo in some years, Buceschi for me now is magnificent player if she's not injured. Who has backs, has handball. It's proved, others you can find especially at the level of Romania which keeps producing. But I do agree your squad is superior at this competition, I am just saying that they would practically almost the same. You would be still be favourite, kinda exactly the same imo.

Things can change, maybe in some time we will see a generation of very average Dutch players. So don't be so cocky, handball wasn't invented in Germany (joking)! And many of your players are too average anyway to play in Denmark. You know that. But you are not even reading me, I praised big Netherlands before Germany. I remarked the increased quality of the players. Now you have even more than in 2016.

But I don't like your cockiness. Pull out Barbosa and Spain is dead. Spain is on one of the biggest downtrends. At least Hungary has future in the youngsters, Spain not. They could still beat us though at this tournament (we looked very unprepared, Sir Martin!). And wings aren't important, they don't decide. Most important are the backs.

What are you talking about? Many Romanian players can play for CSM Bucharest but there were some reasons they didn't sign. For Chiper or Perianu their clubs asked huge fees, and some others like Buceschi and more refused to go there because they thought it's bad for their development.

Btw, regarding Hungary this isn't true "they don't experiment with Hungarian youngsters". Totally untrue. Hungary lacks area of selection. In Romania it's also pretty small but bigger imo. Find out that any Hungarian club is promoting except for Gyor, is promoting local players. Not that is the problem, that they don't have where to play. But the talent. In fact, Romania would love to be in the position of Hungary, to have ETO and FTC consisted of many local players in CL, plus many foreigners in the league to help the level to improve. Remember, Denmark did awesome this way, there is room for local players.

And I was not willing to transform this topic into comparisons or a long talk about our team.From the first moment, I only commented about their display but you tried to enter the discussion with some light attacks, and you didn't even discuss about your team which lost to Korea btw. I agree Netherlands did better lately, but I cannot talk about my team which was in the elite also at the last two final tournaments? Even a Paraguay has right to do that, talking about his team. You can also do it, but from you I only had attacks and subjectivity. Plus you didn't comment others, this was strange. You only cared about mocking Romania, this is how I have seen the situation.

Stop being cocky to anyone, respect my team and don't dislike it, and it's all fine to me. And I don't know why would you enjoy the death of such traditional NT like Romania. Basically it's one of the teams that invented the female sport. What can I tell you, is that the women in our country are very ambitious and different. In gymnastics - if you allow me - they fell because of selection area, which is incredibly small now (200 girls!!) plus the coaches don't want to train anymore and anyway the United States changed the pointing system. Money there are, new facilities there are, but we have no kids to follow this dream. Rather tennis, karate or something else for a girl. I don't see any problem with handball but we are in some kind of reconstruction.

vlad_impaler
Extra Member

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 am

Plus not just Craiova and Zalău, but also Corona Brașov, HCM Râmnicu Vâlcea and Măgura Cisnădie are EHF Cup groups level. So 6 teams (CSM included) are strong, with CSM Roman, Dunărea Brăila and CSM Bistrița being solid. 9 clubs, imo our league is in top 5.

You judge our players just through CL, but I already proved Russia and Denmark have the same number of players there. And not only. In fact there are only 16 clubs there, and some players are anyway average or some below (just to mention it).

CSM and ETO are dream-teams, period, they would beat Norway. Vardar the same, only wanting to mention there are almost no local players.

swarthofole wrote:
Stating that Oltchim was only importing foreign players (like we all know CSM Bucharest does) is so wrong and so unfair. You might wanna check the names of Romanian players who played for that team.

Oltchim had best Romanian players and played in CL for 2 decades. But handball is new in Netherlands. Probably he says, "who are these peasants?" One more thing, Oltchim imported foreigners to win CL, because at that time they lost the final against Viborg using mainly Romanian players and some South-East Europeans (VHK had a foreign DT). Then ETO Gyor dream-team showed up. That's why they brought more stars, this time foreign.

Oltchim lasted for 40 years, Rulmentul = Corona Brașov, but with different policy (just Romanian players). And before they had Neagu and Vizitiu because after Bucharest they practically produced them as seniors.

Basically it was the worst post ever. I don't think any Dutch player than Groot maybe would have played for Oltchim, to name a few players they always had in the last 2 generations: Amariei-Lungu, Gogîrlă, Luca, Beșe (a defender like one time better than Broch and twice than Dulfer), Lecușanu, Dinu-Huțupan, Ungureanu, Ardean-Elisei, Maier-Farcău, Neagu, Gâlcă-Stanca, Nechita, Brădeanu or Curea. Manea if you don't find I don't mention it, but Stanca is at least 1 class over Broch. "Worst" were Manea, Meiroșu-Feira or Vizitiu at her best (when Viborg DT wanted here), to understand the level. And the level of the Dutch NT in the 2000s would be middle in competitions, with all due respect.

swarthofole wrote:
Funny thing is Dutch players are developing using the resources of the well-blamed teams like Gyor (Broch, Groot), Baia Mare (Abbingh), CSM Bucharest (I know there is no Dutch player there, it's just a "rich" team) and many played in Ch League only for teams like those (like Lois Abbingh did).

Abbingh could have lived without Baia Mare, although there was the best part of her career, highest everything as clubs. BUT Groot and Broch can't live without ETO Gyor. Basically, without Gyor, at least Groot most probably would have ended as a player in Denmark. Broch maybe in France, maximum CL QFs if she would have been lucky. Gyor practically recognised the talent of the Dutch players. After of course, Netherlands formed them and Germany/Denmark helped to reach more maturity and maybe also to develop more.

Return to “Female Handball”