2017 World Championship - Day 8 & 9 (Round of 16)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

2017 World Championship - Day 8 & 9 (Round of 16)

Postby vlad_impaler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Christmas present for France! And France played below their level in the competition, Denmark were bad as k**f under Klavs. On that path, only Sweden really play top handball.

Because of Norway's loss from tonight, after +3 to -3 in the last 10 minutes, it's a disaster! The bottom path of the bracket says, just look at this:

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 World Championship - Day 8 & 9 (Round of 16)

Postby vlad_impaler » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Basically we now have one of the worst ever paths of a final tournament. On the bottom, best teams of the World Championship so far: Russia, Norway and Romania, plus one of the starting favourites Netherlands that bounced back big today. And there is also Spain of Pena, probably better than some average teams.

On the other side, there is only Sweden that played really impressively (actually only in the last game!).

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:29 pm

My opinion : Final France - Norway ! Norway win...

power

Postby power » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:39 pm

The World Championship will really start from here.

Sweden vs Slovenia wide open 50-50%

I was not impressed with Sweden at all. The only reason they beat us on the group match because we played beyond horrible, they got defeated by Poland and Norway obviously didn't take the last group match too seriously they just wanted to be over it and when they realised there is a problem it was too late.

Germany vs Denmark 40-60% I would go with Denmark.

Hungary vs France I'm 100% sure we are going to win.The group matches were only a little warm up. Hungary wins.

Serbia vs Montenegro wide open 50-50%

Romania v Czech R. 60-40%
On first thought I would say without thinking Romania but on second one I remember in 2013 Rasmussen's
Poland knocked out Romania at the same stage and that Poland was no stronger than this Czech team. We will see.I still go with
Romania.

Japan vs Ned. 45-55%
The Japanese are on fire :lol: They might be able to upset the dutch who's not as good as in the last couple of years. I give a slight edge for the Ned.

Norway vs Spain. Norway will win but that's gonna be their last win as Russia will knock them out in the quarter final.When the
Norwegian goalkeepers are not super good(and they are usually super good) the norwegian team looks nothing special.

Russia vs South K. Russia wins.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:47 pm

So Norway screwed up things for them, but also for us. :D
Things are more interesting now though, so I am not mad. I can't wait to see Norway vs Russia and (I hope) Romania vs the Netherlands. :D
Live long and prosper.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:00 am

They screwed up things also for Russia, more than for Romania or Netherlands.

Thorir is even more shocked than Trefilov.

In my opinion the 1/16 is pretty much predictable.

Imo all the favourites will win, surest of them being Romania, Russia, Netherlands and France, I have some small about Sweden though but if they play like today they will have no big problems).

Except for those there I have doubts. I believe we can see at least a surprise in Germany-Denmark and Norway-Spain. Norway should be very careful with improving team of Spain, whilst Danish under Klavs are just disappointing me big! But, Germany are with a weaker squad due to injuries. BUT AGAIN, let's not forget that Germany is home and if Denmark doesn't show another play than mediocre... It can easily go over-time and end therefore as a draw!

Regarding Montenegro-Serbia, if Serbia will be seen as favourite by the betting companies, I think it's a mistake. Montenegro is the slight favourite. So there is 50-50%. I like the Serbian coaching, but the Montenegrins have more experience and a plus in the squad (although not a keeper).

power wrote:
Romania v Czech R. 60-40%
On first thought I would say without thinking Romania but on second one I remember in 2013 Rasmussen's
Poland knocked out Romania at the same stage and that Poland was no stronger than this Czech team. We will see.I still go with
Romania.

Mm, we are improving. I was very pessimistic after the first two games, but then I have seen an improved defence and play. If our keepers are ok, we win. Imo 70-30% if not 80-20%. I have watched Czech Republic in the last game and in some others. In 2013 when Poland kicked us, we had Mr Tadici who didn't have have long camp before the competition plus he was used not just with bad physical preparations but also with 9th or 10th place. About Poland, they had some extra-quality in my opinion, they also kicked France then.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 am

Norway - Spain a bitter match for Spain who worked hard to avoid NOR ....it will be a tide game because they have nearly same style : not very tall players , great move and speed ,great shooters ,all 4 GK's(Navarro,de Paula,Grimsbo,Lunde) very good and last but not least fighters mentality... Yesterday, Pena and Musons were simply divine... My heart will be on "Las Guerreras " side but Norway should pass.

Slovenia 55% Montenegro 55% Danmark 55% win....and for the rest favourites should win ....
Hope that referees work will be fair.

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:26 am

Doru Delavale wrote:Norway - Spain a bitter match for Spain who worked hard to avoid NOR

Slovenia 55% Montenegro 55% Danmark 55% win....and for the rest favourites should win ....

Looking at the 1/8 final bracket I also think that the "favorites" will win, but I do not always see clear favorites.
I expect that:

- Sweden and Denmark will qualify for the 1/4 final and Denmark (although they did impress me less than thought and Germany has home advantage) will be in the SF.
- France will beat Hungary (cannot see Hungary beating the very solid playing France team) and Serbia against Montenegro close, but there I expect Serbia to win because some of the old stars did return for Serbia, France will be in the SF.
- Romania will beat the Czechs and Holland (so for only against Germany an acceptable performance, still problems on LW/RW and I am still not 100% sure about Groot getting back from her injury) will beat Japan although we saw what happened against South-Korea. Holland will be in the SF.
- Sad for Spain that they will now meet Norway and I expect Noway will win, Russia had problems with Japan but they will beat South-Korea. Norway will be in the SF.

Before the tournament I thought Norway, Russia/(Denmark?), France and Holland would be in the SF.
Now after the group phase I expect it will be Denmark, France, Holland and Norway.
Final? France against the winner of Norway - Holland!

But as said, I see some favorites, but no clear favorites by 70-80% and I am also sure we will see some surprises in the games to be played in the KO phase.

guesthand

Postby guesthand » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:32 am

Sweden, France, Russia, Holland

But what a mess, during these last games of each group :shock: .
Never seen that befor. Norway loosing against Sweden :p. Now Yellow girls have to joing the semi. So sad they face Denmark at 1/4 :( .
So exciting

Flash

Postby Flash » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Unfortunately Spain got the worst opponent. I think we are going to be defeated by Norway but we are very proud of our girls, they are playing really good and we know they are going to fight till the end.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:55 pm

Sooner or later, Sweden with their high-tempo handball should outrun Slovenia without rotation.

Germany have a very playable way to QF and at home they will take the chance, maybe getting some traditional help from refs. Nobody really cares if DK is out.

France is ofc strong, they have their power, they have their defence, they have Krumbholz. But here, Hungary have Rasmussen, he kicked out FRA in play-offs at Serbia 2013 with Poland and I'm sure that with Hungary he's got ability to do it again. Looking forward, may turn into a great match.

SRB + MNE = SCG wins. The fact is that Serbia deserves it much more than Montenegro. Anyway, in derby match, everything is possible.

I'm pretty sure that Czechs will show who they are. Great teamspirit, great playmaker and performing backs, decent rotation based on great coaching. They are able to write their history. Still, however, no doubt that Romanian #8 may thwart their historical evening. But I go for the "surprise" here, which won't surprise me at all.

Too soon for JPN to join the top 8 at WCh.

Sorry for ESP, they play nice handball and may give some fight, but Norway...usually don't lose eightfinals.

Not sure about Russia at all... They are strong, but nobody in their team (even Trefilov admits it) likes to play against Korea. Moreover, former Russian NT goalkeeper coach Pavel Sukosyan now in charge for the Korean side, he should come with some very useful hints about Russia. I say Russia though, but not very loudly.
Last edited by Wbk on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:19 pm

@Wbk Will you bet these? Because we could enrich if your predictions will materialize. :p
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:23 pm

I totally agree with ROU + FRA. Basically I will be shocked if any will be kicked.

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:43 pm

For the Japan - The Netherlands game, 33 years old Pearl van der Wissel (Odense HC) will replace Steenbakkers. She played her first match for the Dutch team in ... 1999 against Norway. She also was member of the WCH all star team in 2005.
Yes Holland has a lot of young talents :D ! Still unclear whether Olga Assink will also play ;).

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:08 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:Christmas present for France! And France played below their level in the competition, Denmark were bad as k**f under Klavs. On that path, only Sweden really play top handball.

Because of Norway's loss from tonight, after +3 to -3 in the last 10 minutes, it's a disaster! The bottom path of the bracket says, just look at this:

My bet would be:
SWE
DEN

HUN
SRB

ROU
NED

NOR
RUS

----------------------

DEN
HUN

NED
NOR

---------------------

DEN
NOR
:shock:

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Derp wrote:
My bet would be:
SWE
DEN

HUN
SRB

ROU
NED

NOR
RUS

----------------------

DEN
HUN

NED
NOR

---------------------

DEN
NOR

I can live with that :)

I am not so optimistic though... If Hergeirsson realise we need Sulland back asap, then the loss to Sweden was the very best thing that could have happen to us :)

Unfortunatly, he don't see the same as the rest of the world, and we will get kicked out, perhaps not against Spain, but against Russia for sure...

Can we please strenghten our team to be gold contenders, Hergeirsson???
Last edited by Mr. 007 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:10 pm

007 If YOU think so, what suppose us to think (about our teams) ? I put this dark-blue sight of view on lack of sunshine on Norway's sky.... :roll:

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:007 If YOU think so, what suppose us to think (about our teams) ? I put this dark-blue sight of view on lack of sunshine on Norway's sky.... :roll:

Great...??? :)

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Date and Times

Hmm...still need to find the Presidents Cup schedule. :-k

Sunday, 10. December

Serbia - Montenegro (Magdeburg)
Hungary - France (Leipzig)

Denmark - Germany (Magdeburg)
Sweden - Slovenia (Leipzig)

Monday, 11. December

Russia - Republic of Korea (Magdeburg)
Romania - Czech Republic (Leipzig)

Japan - Netherlands (Magdeburg)
Spain - Norway (Leipzig)
idle banter.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 am

In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:27 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:I totally agree with ROU + FRA. Basically I will be shocked if any will be kicked.

I hope tomorrow the outcome will be the same, actually even with some more confidence in plus.

Regarding Hungary, I am sorry for them! But notice that you have a very young squad, it can be rebuilt to play better. So there is a room of improvement although for medals you must do more. Actually most of the national teams including of my country, should do more in producing better level players.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:49 pm

I hardly understand why Lacrabere was mvp of the match FR-HUN....She scored 5/6 but 2 from penalties.....Ayglon (mostly a defender, scored 3/4 and gave goal passes as well)....and then GK Leynaud 35,7 % and 3/4 penalties ! ... exactly the difference of the final score (3 g) :?:

power

Postby power » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:06 pm

I wrote I'm 100% sure we would win against France. Haha. I was a bit too optimistic. We had the chance to win but making too many stupid mistakes.You can't do this against teams like France who belongs to top 3.(would have been nice to get Slovenia instead of France)

Anyway,before the WC Rasmussen said the team will be ready for the next Euro. I'm looking forward to see it. At the moment the only improvement I can see is in fast breaks.

Let's take a look on the positive things. We have 2 good and young goalkeepers,also have young and good wings. The playmakers were no good on this WC. Gorbicz was zero, Tóth was zero. Kovacsics the same on the first couple of group matches after she was OK.
Anita has just retired from the national team.It was a very wise decision. She was fantastic a long time ago but recently she was only a shadow. There is a girl at Gyor, Tamara Pál who they say the new Gorbicz, I hope she will be at the Euro,(she just need to go to FTC as Martin don't give her enough playing time.)and there is a lot of young player who should get a chance.
Mayer and Zácsik is not for the national team. Rasmusen need to find other players instead of them.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:11 pm

power wrote:I wrote I'm 100% sure we would win against France. Haha. I was a bit too optimistic. We had the chance to win but making too many stupid mistakes.You can't do this against teams like France who belongs to top 3.(would have been nice to get Slovenia instead of France)

Anyway,before the WC Rasmussen said the team will be ready for the next Euro. I'm looking forward to see it. At the moment the only improvement I can see is in fast breaks.

Let's take a look on the positive things. We have 2 good and young goalkeepers,also have young and good wings. The playmakers were no good on this WC. Gorbicz was zero, Tóth was zero. Kovacsics the same on the first couple of group matches after she was OK.
Anita has just retired from the national team.It was a very wise decision. She was fantastic a long time ago but recently she was only a shadow. There is a girl at Gyor, Tamara Pál who they say the new Gorbicz, I hope she will be at the Euro,(she just need to go to FTC as Martin don't give her enough playing time.)and there is a lot of young player who should get a chance.
Mayer and Zácsik is not for the national team. Rasmusen need to find other players instead of them.

I can see a lot to be impoved. Our defense was crap and our attack was even worse. Otherwise we were very good.

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:12 pm

So far no real surprises, although I expected and hoped Serbia would win, they play Handball, Montenegro plays a mix of Handball and Rugby.

Return to “Female Handball”