Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Budapest

Image
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.



User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

First 7s

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:35 pm

I am talking about valid squads.

CSM: Ungureanu/Grubisic - Mehmedovic - Neagu - Gullden - Kurtovic - Hagman - Frafjord/Manea

ETO: Grimsboe - Goerbicz - Oftedal/Amorim - Groot - Mireya Gonzalez - Bodi/Knedlíkova

Tomori will surely miss the Final 4? Btw, Nora is of course injured. And what about Nycke Groot? I guess she will be recovered?

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 pm

And Vardar I haven't watched the most. Plus Rostov's Bougeant rotated a lot. These are the starting line-ups maybe:

Vardar: Leynaud - Kuznetsova - Penezic - Lekic - Lacrabere - Radicevic - Cvijic? I guess Khmyrova and Lazovic are benched now.

Here I am not sure:

Rostov: Sedoykina/Pessoa - Dembele - Cabral - Rodrigues - Vyakhireva/Bulatovic - Managarova - Makeeva

Coach is mixing a lot on the 9-m line. Ilyina was benched this season.

ALL 4 ARE DREAM-TEAMS, INTERNATIONAL TEAMS.

dutchfan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: First 7s

Postby dutchfan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:08 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:And what about Nycke Groot? I guess she will be recovered?

She hopes to play may 2nd against ftc, so then she Will be back in time
http://www.handbalinside.nl/groot-wil-k ... erugkeren/

User avatar
Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:02 pm

This outside view of Laszlo Papp Arena suggest if not an islamic turban then a Lenin's peaked cap ... the question is this contain a message.... ? :mrgreen:
Attachments
sportarena.jpg
sportarena.jpg (44.09 KiB) Viewed 2630 times

User avatar
Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:31 pm

On my opinion the most wonderfull ( best and desirable ) scenario is CSM meet Rostov (Gyor) in smf and Gyor (Rostov) in final... :queen:

User avatar
Flash
Super Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:23 am
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Flash » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 am


User avatar
Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:15 pm

CSM weakest line so far in CL 2017/18 .... .9 wins , 1 equal (Rostov) , 4 defeats (Nykobing,Gyor ,Metz,Rostov)
Rostov ...........................................11 wins,1 equal (CSM) , 2 defeats (Gyor ,Mydtjiland)
Gyor ..............................................12 wins , 2 defeats (CSM , Rostov)
Vardar.............................................13 wins , 1 defeats (Metz )

Gyor 3.00
CSM București 3.75
Vardar Skopje 3.75 (personal I should credit Vardar 3.00 , Gyor 3.50, CSM 3.75 ,Rostov 4.00)
Rostov Don 4.00

CSM vs. Rostov Don 4 wins, 1 equal, 1 defeat
CSM vs.Vardar Skopje 1 win, 3 defeats
CSM vs.Gyor Audi ETO 2 wins , 5 defeats

http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/handbal/cu-c ... 37395.html :-k

"Speakers" : Penezic, Amorim, Bobrovnikova, Amanda K.

User avatar
Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: Budapest
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 pm

I feel Győr's available roster too slim to do it again.
Their defense without Tomori is not as strong as before.
I'm sure Oftedal will be ready, but Groot is questionable.
They can beat any of these teams 1 on 1, but the F4 is a 2 day competition.

User avatar
bajkalb
Extra Member
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 pm
Location: Hungary
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby bajkalb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:I feel Győr's available roster too slim to do it again.
Their defense without Tomori is not as strong as before.
I'm sure Oftedal will be ready, but Groot is questionable.
They can beat any of these teams 1 on 1, but the F4 is a 2 day competition.


I also feel that they are not favourites, but their roster is not slimmer than 1 or 2 years ago. They will definitely miss Nora and Zsuzsi

User avatar
Rostovfan
Regular
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Rostovfan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:53 pm

It's hard to say without a draw what team is a favorite. I think Gyor plays at home, so they have an advantage. Bucharest has a great roster, but their play is questionable, because they lost a lot of matches. Rostov is less experienced as a team, but our players played in a final four. For Vardar is a last chance as a team win something. I wish good luck Rostov and Vardar.

User avatar
Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: Budapest
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Rostovfan wrote:It's hard to say without a draw what team is a favorite. I think Gyor plays at home, so they have an advantage. Bucharest has a great roster, but their play is questionable, because they lost a lot of matches. Rostov is less experienced as a team, but our players played in a final four. For Vardar is a last chance as a team win something. I wish good luck Rostov and Vardar.


It is really hard for Győr to get their act together in one month, when Groot is still on rehab + Oftedal just recovered.
+ the Macedonians transferred Amorim for their Eurovison song :D ;)
BTW I see Rostov as favorite, Sedoykina on her highest level, defense have started to work just perfect with high speed pos2 players and huge and hard centrals + the coach uses his players really really well. Only question is about some players focus, but we all saw how Rodrigues can perform in Budapest. Barbosa is a question mark always, but the bench is so long.
So I give Rostov the no.1 spot. Only chance for ETO is at the semi, 1st match is always good for them.
The other three teams are cool too, Bucharest is harder to manage, Vardar is less interesting. Per Johansson can more easily come up with some surprises, while Garcia Parrondo can rely on the fighting spirit more.
Absolutely unpredictable F4, a lot will depend on the match order, but still , I'd bet my money on Rostov.

SilentOne
Extra Member
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:24 pm
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby SilentOne » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Rostovfan wrote:It's hard to say without a draw what team is a favorite. I think Gyor plays at home, so they have an advantage. Bucharest has a great roster, but their play is questionable, because they lost a lot of matches. Rostov is less experienced as a team, but our players played in a final four. For Vardar is a last chance as a team win something. I wish good luck Rostov and Vardar.


It is really hard for Győr to get their act together in one month, when Groot is still on rehab + Oftedal just recovered.
+ the Macedonians transferred Amorim for their Eurovison song :D ;)
BTW I see Rostov as favorite, Sedoykina on her highest level, defense have started to work just perfect with high speed pos2 players and huge and hard centrals + the coach uses his players really really well. Only question is about some players focus, but we all saw how Rodrigues can perform in Budapest. Barbosa is a question mark always, but the bench is so long.
So I give Rostov the no.1 spot. Only chance for ETO is at the semi, 1st match is always good for them.
The other three teams are cool too, Bucharest is harder to manage, Vardar is less interesting. Per Johansson can more easily come up with some surprises, while Garcia Parrondo can rely on the fighting spirit more.
Absolutely unpredictable F4, a lot will depend on the match order, but still , I'd bet my money on Rostov.


What do you mean by this? The bolded part :-)

User avatar
Synchrony
Super Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:08 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Synchrony » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:43 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering about the Eurovision part as well. :D

User avatar
Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: Budapest
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Synchrony wrote:Yeah, I'm wondering about the Eurovision part as well. :D


Just a joke, the singer of Eye Cue reminds me of Eduarda a bit :) ;) /BTW Denmark came up with Noddesbo :D /
And it is one of my favorites this year.

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 am

The team with the best coach will win if all the players will be motivated. Gyor can only win this trophy if all the others aren't playing very good handball.

Even on home field with all the missing players, it is gonna be hard.

My wanted final is CSM vs. ETO (and CSM vs. Rostov in the SF), but I guess a Vardar vs. CSM final is predictable. In my opinion best teams right now are Vardar and CSM. And Bucharest transferred really well for the next season, very underrated moves. People should take a look on Cvijic, Lekic and Radicevic, plus Vardar also has Penezic, Lacrabere and keepers. Too bad Dembele is not playing for them actually. I personally don't trust this Bougeant at all plus Rostov has no experience at Final4. I also hope at least, Johansson will finally show us something from the past of Sweden (2010 EC final). Please don't screw this up once again, Per!

I take Vardar against any of ETO/Vardar in the semifinals. I am curious to see the draw results. Rostov has inferior roster to CSM/Vardar. In order to win the trophy, they must defeat two awesome opponents. And if they don't get Gyor in the final, they cannot do it. They would be too tired even if they manage to beat one of CSM/Vardar.

The odds should be:

3,00 Vardar
3,00 CSM
4,00 Rostov
4,50-5,00 Gyor

And we shall have Neagu vs. Penezic once again. Penezic may not be the best player, but she is a star and competed with Neagu for the best player for the last 4 years or so. She was unlucky to lose a lot of awards because she's also a LB.

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:18 am

http://www.eurohandball.com/article/30508

The event will be streamed live on ehfTV and the EHF Champions League Facebook page.
https://www.ehftv.com/ro/livestream/wom ... nt/1175034

User avatar
Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm
Location: Budapest
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:16 am

vlad_impaler wrote:
The odds should be:

3,00 Vardar
3,00 CSM
4,00 Rostov
4,50-5,00 Gyor



I guess both Vardar and CSM would want Rostov rather for the semi, and Győr rather for the final when meeting them.
ETO tends to lose some power for the 2nd day (especially with slimmer squad), while Rostov is harder to get going + they can be caught by the atmosphere beeing there 1st time.

But still, do not underestimate Rostov, their defense started to work very well, and they are lethally fast.

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:

But still, do not underestimate Rostov, their defense started to work very well, and they are lethally fast.


I don't, but if I would be a coach I would like to avoid Vardar or CSM. Don't get me wrong, even Gyor even with the current squad can win the trophy. After all, home field is massive advantage. I am satisfied with any of Rostov/ETO.

Normally Vardar over Gyor this season because of the Final4 squad, plus a CSM with Neagu and with superior experience than Rostov (plus more fans than Vardar and especially Rostov), should be favourites.

This is a my judgement, but this is a fantastic Final4. Only Gyor unfortunately doesn't have the best squad available but being home it's still a fantastic, DREAM TEAM FINAL4 (!!!). No FCM or any other...

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:27 pm

CSM Bucharest vs. ETO Gyor
Rostov vs. Vardar

mimi
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:46 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby mimi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:40 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:CSM Bucharest vs. ETO Gyor
Rostov vs. Vardar



from Amanda Kurtovic live in Budapest ... ”k**f”

User avatar
Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Doru Delavale » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 pm

I think after the draw Vardar is contented ,Gyor and CSM half-contented and Rostov not -contented...

n'est pas Rostovfan ? ... (he wish good luck both Rostov and Vardar....ha-ha) :lol: ...civil russian war...

P.S. Of course I wish CSM to win but already I've said Vardar will win (last train...)

User avatar
Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1344
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Doru Delavale » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Cris Neagu stated on Digi Sport Tv that if CSM get less than 25 goals is able to win 1 goal difference against Gyor ...and that heavier game is the semif not the Final .

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 320 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:I think after the draw Vardar is contented ,Gyor and CSM half-contented and Rostov not -contented...

n'est pas Rostovfan ? ... (he wish good luck both Rostov and Vardar....ha-ha) :lol: ...civil russian war...

P.S. Of course I wish CSM to win but already I've said Vardar will win (last train...)


What do you smoke, mate? :? #-o

User avatar
Faith
Extra Member
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:24 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Faith » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 am

Playing times confirmed:

CSM Bucharest - Győr 15:15
Rostov-Don - Vardar 18:00


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Germanicus, yuing and 7 guests