Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Champions League FINAL4 (12-13 May)

Postby Silviu » Sun May 13, 2018 8:16 pm

If Győr was able to win this having the team decimated by so many injuries, I can't stop wondering what will they be able to do next season. I can only see a (hypothetical) weak point, the coach (no disrespect to Mr. Danyi). But I'm sure, giving their achievements, name and budget, they won't have a hard time to find a coach if the situation requires.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun May 13, 2018 8:32 pm

After the title it is possible some of the players (2-3) should follow Martin to Rostov ... But on other hand I wonder who will be competitor pivot for Cvijic if Oana want to have a child ,Marit is ready to go Norway or even to stop her career and no one say nothing about Lobach ? A solution can be Crina Pintea...for me is clear enough that nor Cvijic neither Pintea can play with high levell intensity both phases all 60 min.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun May 13, 2018 9:03 pm

I am not a great Győr fan, but this was a well deserved victory. Vardar had every chance to secure the victory in the middle of the second half, but they failed to do so. And well done AM Hansen :D

swarthofole
Extra Member

Postby swarthofole » Sun May 13, 2018 9:09 pm

I hate that team, but I congratulate them. =D>
Live long and prosper.

Rostovfan
Regular

Postby Rostovfan » Sun May 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Great performance we saw in the final. Vardar deserved the victory, but the luck was on Hungarian side. It was a pity that Rostov took a fourth place, but it's very difficult in first appearance to do your best.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun May 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Gojira wrote:I am not a great Győr fan, but this was a well deserved victory. Vardar had every chance to secure the victory in the middle of the second half, but they failed to do so. And well done AM Hansen :D

Of course, the dead is always guilty... ;)

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun May 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Scheersberg wrote:What a great game we saw! Everything that makes women Handball so beautiful. Big advertisement for Handball. Congratulations to Gyor, great dansers also the Gyor girls :).
The game was very close but in the end only one team can win, that was Gyor.

Nothing more imposing like an objective sentence .."in the end only one team can win " and that is, of course - Gyor which played year after year in home... =D>

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon May 14, 2018 7:35 am

Doru Delavale wrote:
Scheersberg wrote:What a great game we saw! Everything that makes women Handball so beautiful. Big advertisement for Handball. Congratulations to Gyor, great dansers also the Gyor girls :).

Nothing more imposing like an objective sentence .."in the end only one team can win " and that is, of course - Gyor which played year after year in home... =D>

Budapest is not the home of ETO.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:
Doru Delavale wrote:

Budapest is not the home of ETO.

It is not, but I understand the comment of Doru. Looking at this weekend, I think, Győr was the best and Vardar could not live with the clear chances to win, but in my opinion, if there are other candidates, it's reasonable to give a shot to them to host F4. I could imagine a system like Women basketball Euroleague or NFL SB (ok, it's only one game ), so it can be organazied by different cities in every year (or at least have opportunities to apply to host it every year).
Last edited by bajkalb on Mon May 14, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 am

Silviu wrote:If Győr was able to win this having the team decimated by so many injuries, I can't stop wondering what will they be able to do next season. I can only see a (hypothetical) weak point, the coach (no disrespect to Mr. Danyi). But I'm sure, giving their achievements, name and budget, they won't have a hard time to find a coach if the situation requires.

I think you are right. so it is definitely the fear of people, as he has no experience in this level. On the other hand he is a good coach, so personally I believe in him. I would give him the opportunity to prove his skills and not challenge him after a couple of months. Győr is not a team which likes to change a coach in the middle of a season, and I think they won't do that.

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon May 14, 2018 10:32 am

bajkalb wrote:
Silviu wrote:If Győr was able to win this having the team decimated by so many injuries, I can't stop wondering what will they be able to do next season. I can only see a (hypothetical) weak point, the coach (no disrespect to Mr. Danyi). But I'm sure, giving their achievements, name and budget, they won't have a hard time to find a coach if the situation requires.

I think you are right. so it is definitely the fear of people, as he has no experience in this level. On the other hand he is a good coach, so personally I believe in him. I would give him the opportunity to prove his skills and not challenge him after a couple of months. Győr is not a team which likes to change a coach in the middle of a season, and I think they won't do that.

Yup, he is right.
When I heard that he will take over the team I felt a bit sorry for the team but when they added that Zovko will be his 'helper' I felt sorry for him.
Zovko is simply older, enjoys bigger respect and experience while Danyi is a funny, friendly, beloved,etc.
I'm afraid there will be problems form this stand up.
:shock:

Flash

Postby Flash » Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

Surprised and annoyed by Nora Mork's atittude. She hasn't played any minute in Final4 and doing anything for her team to win this year, and there she is, at the forefront on the podium holding the throphy and the gold medal like she was exhausted after the final :lol:
She should show a bit of respect and let her teammates (the real fighters and winners) all the credits. Obviously she is selling herself to be candidate to best player of the year, which she doesn't deserve. She is a real attention seeker.
I still remember her attitude in the last World Championship when she didn't want to take the silver medal.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Mon May 14, 2018 10:39 am

Derp wrote:
bajkalb wrote:

Yup, he is right.
When I heard that he will take over the team I felt a bit sorry for the team but when they added that Zovko will be his 'helper' I felt sorry for him.
Zovko is simply older, enjoys bigger respect and experience while Danyi is a funny, friendly, beloved,etc.

well, who knows it at this stage, but as I know, there is a good connection between them, so I think it won't be a problem. I'm sure that they can prepare the team well. The big questionmark for me is only the "match situation" and the timing, as AM was splendind in these factors.

Well. A lot of questions ofr the next season, but I'm not so worried about ETO. I'm more worried about FTC as we really don't know anything about their next year

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon May 14, 2018 11:24 am

bajkalb wrote:
Derp wrote:
bajkalb wrote:

Yup, he is right.

well, who knows it at this stage, but as I know, there is a good connection between them, so I think it won't be a problem. I'm sure that they can prepare the team well. The big questionmark for me is only the "match situation" and the timing, as AM was splendind in these factors.

Well. A lot of questions ofr the next season, but I'm not so worried about ETO. I'm more worried about FTC as we really don't know anything about their next year

Yes, with Mörk-Kristiansen-Brattset-Tomori-Leynaud together with Broch-Groot-Oftedal-Görbicz on board(and no Vardar team on the other side) Győr has nothing to be afraid of. This will be possibly the strongest team ever played.
And also the FTC is the big questionmark. They have a very fast team and this year proved to be absolutely equal with Győr but for the next years we do not see that big plans.
I hope there will be a huge surprise announced at the end.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Mon May 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Flash wrote:Surprised and annoyed by Nora Mork's atittude. She hasn't played any minute in Final4 and doing anything for her team to win this year, and there she is, at the forefront on the podium holding the throphy and the gold medal like she was exhausted after the final :lol:
She should show a bit of respect and let her teammates (the real fighters and winners) all the credits. Obviously she is selling herself to be candidate to best player of the year, which she doesn't deserve. She is a real attention seeker.
I still remember her attitude in the last World Championship when she didn't want to take the silver medal.

You overthought it a bit I think :-)

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm

bajkalb wrote:
Flash wrote:Surprised and annoyed by Nora Mork's atittude. She hasn't played any minute in Final4 and doing anything for her team to win this year, and there she is, at the forefront on the podium holding the throphy and the gold medal like she was exhausted after the final :lol:

You overthought it a bit I think :-)

True story.
She is the ultimate fanatic player. And of course there were pictures made of everyone else too holding the trophy and no one forced the journalist to pick this particular picture for the article. If it would have been a picture of Tamara Pál holding the trophy I am sure she would be the one called the last jerk ever and attention seeker as there were other CBs in the team who added much more to the game :)
We all saw Nora's face on the bench. Her presence there was to strengthen the unity and btw she succeeded as I see.
Also not to mention that due to the injuries there was a lot of free space for her to sit there...

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Mon May 14, 2018 3:57 pm

^ All due respect, I have another opinion :). I watched her during the last minutes of the game and afterwards, during the celebrations. I didn't wanted at the time to spoil the merits of Győr with a sour comment about Nora Mørk, but @Flash has described her very well in just two words: "attention seeker". I have never liked her attitude in or out of court, in my opinion she lacks teammate attitude and sportmanship. I know, I will probably walk on a sensitive field now, but even from her - truely sad indeed - "photo session" episode she created a real international drama and I think she got the opposite (?) result: she just drew more attention to herself.

dutchfan
Regular

Postby dutchfan » Mon May 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Silviu wrote:^ All due respect, I have another opinion :). I watched her during the last minutes of the game and afterwards, during the celebrations. I didn't wanted at the time to spoil the merits of Győr with a sour comment about Nora Mørk, but @Flash has described her very well in just two words: "attention seeker". I have never liked her attitude in or out of court, in my opinion she lacks teammate attitude and sportmanship. I know, I will probably walk on a sensitive field now, but even from her - truely sad indeed - "photo session" episode she created a real international drama and I think she got the opposite (?) result: she just drew more attention to herself.

About the photo part, she isnt fighting it for herself, but for every women who have been wronged like this

Jig
Regular

Postby Jig » Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Győr 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018 \:D/

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Congratz Győr :)

It was an open and exciting match, and very close indeed...still we all expected Győr to win it in the end...and they did...almost like a curse :)

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 pm

dutchfan wrote:
Silviu wrote:^ All due respect, I have another opinion :). I watched her during the last minutes of the game and afterwards, during the celebrations. I didn't wanted at the time to spoil the merits of Győr with a sour comment about Nora Mørk, but @Flash has described her very well in just two words: "attention seeker". I have never liked her attitude in or out of court, in my opinion she lacks teammate attitude and sportmanship. I know, I will probably walk on a sensitive field now, but even from her - truely sad indeed - "photo session" episode she created a real international drama and I think she got the opposite (?) result: she just drew more attention to herself.

About the photo part, she isnt fighting it for herself, but for every women who have been wronged like this

Regarding her "photo session" I simply find her dumb as hell. If she hadn't cried out so loud almost sharing the links to the photos to let everyone see what did those nasty guys to her I believe less the 5% of them would have ever seen those(actually very much boring) pictures.
But this is not attention seeking or if it appears it was unintentional.
BTW if any of you has a link to Groot's or Böhme's pictures please share it for God's sake!

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Or just very happy perhaps? As if no handballplayers would be that winning CL final :)

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Tue May 15, 2018 8:22 am

http://www.eurohandball.com/article/30707

He's the one to be convinced if you want to have the F4.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Thu May 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Congrat to both teams, especially for the Vardar of the last two seasons!

Jig
Regular

Postby Jig » Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Return to “Female Handball”