EHF league ranking 2019/2020

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

EHF league ranking 2019/2020

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 am

Last edited by vlad_impaler on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Re: EHF league ranking 2019/2020

Postby HB9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:14 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:* Romania is gonna also surpasss Russia and Denmark (!) and will rank 2nd after Hungary as national league

New ranking is out (No pdf as of yet) - Denmark drops to fourth: http://www.eurohandball.com/article/030986/

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 pm

k**f EHF, they changed again the system! Hungary and Romania are not allowed to play directly with 2 teams in the Champions League groups.

I didn't say anything about Larvik and Brest got CL place instead of EHF winner SCM Craiova, just because LHK did a lot in the major competition. But Craiova could have easily got the place of Brest. After all it's not all about the players, but about the results.

And now, after then and that, they do this.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:02 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:...they changed again the system! Hungary and Romania are not allowed to play directly with 2 teams in the Champions League groups.

I only just noticed that. They really change this around quite often... ](*,)

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 pm

HB9 wrote:
vlad_impaler wrote:...they changed again the system! Hungary and Romania are not allowed to play directly with 2 teams in the Champions League groups.

I would wonder if the defending champion's country gets an extra spot or not?
As 24 spots are already assigned I think the answer is no.
:shock:

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 pm

I think its wrong..
Nothing wow with an extra EHF-Cup place

I think they will correct it tomorrow :lol: :p

sphinx
Regular

Postby sphinx » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:08 pm

It's gonna be strange because I do not know if the champions from Azerbaijan, Italy, Switzerland can resist in the first league in Hungary, Denmark, Russia or Romania.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:22 pm

HB9 wrote:

Well, it's called Champions' League.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Derp wrote:I would wonder if the defending champion's country gets an extra spot or not?
As 24 spots are already assigned I think the answer is no.

sphinx wrote:It's gonna be strange because I do not know if the champions from Azerbaijan, Italy, Switzerland can resist in the first league in Hungary, Denmark, Russia or Romania.

Sorry, I am not following you two. Are you talking about the allocation of 1 CL place for lower placed countries? That has always been the case and doesn't automatically mean that you are allowed directly into the group stage. It just means that you are eligble for the CL - like a wild card tournament.

Lucy wrote:I think its wrong..
Nothing wow with an extra EHF-Cup place

I think they will correct it tomorrow :lol: :p

I can't see why there would be an error. Do you have any further information on why that would be the case?

sphinx
Regular

Postby sphinx » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm

I think women's handball should be the same as the male handball. In the Champions League it should be a concentration of values. This year there was a first step with 2 teams from Hungary, Denmark, France, Norway and possibly Romania and Germany. It should have been a second team from Russia, but that's just my opinion.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 pm

Gojira wrote:

Well, it's called Champions' League.

:^o Sure! Don't you see they just changed the system for France, Denmark, AND also your Germany HB9 since you have 1 with 3 + Norway? Before it was good when we had 3 teams from Denmark and 1 playing qualis, right? Romania didn't complain and beat 3 top teams from Denmark in 2 consecutive years with HCM Baia Mare, but now considering the coefficient the allocation is wrong.

WHAT'S CHANGED? NOTHING? IN EHF CUP YOU ARE NOT DIRECTLY QUALIFIED. EHF ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS CHANGING THE RULES IN THEIR FAVOUR.

Romania is losing a direct Champions League spot for a non-groups place in EHF Cup (this means qualification, and it can easily be against Hungary and anybody else as meetings; remember Craiova vs. Debrecen and Hungarian vs. German teams).

It means Hungarian and Romanian clubs are mocked.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Most probably I am the only one happy with this allocation. I prefer Craiova's perfect trek in the EHF Cup this season over their predictable failure in the Champions League's next season. Honestly, Romania doesn't have two teams strong enough for CL, so I'm very happy with 4 spots in the EHF Cup. It will be a great experience for those 4 and it will eventually strengthen our League.
Still, the new allocation is unfair with Hungary.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Silviu wrote:Most probably I am the only one happy with this allocation. I prefer Craiova's perfect trek in the EHF Cup this season over their predictable failure in the Champions League's next season. Honestly, Romania doesn't have two teams strong enough for CL, so I'm very happy with 4 spots in the EHF Cup. It will be a great experience for those 4 and it will eventually strengthen our League.

Romania is as mocked as Hungary. Both are mocked. They achieved this on the field. Who cares Romanian 2nd or Hungarian 3rd wouldn't qualify for the knockout phase?

Where's the justice when Azerbaidjan has 1 + 1? If Azerbaidjan gets 2 quality teams in both CL and EHF Cup, it can qualify with both. And Romania or Hungary can easily be in the same position. EASILY! Hungarian teams didn't enter the EHF Cup groups. Ferencvaros can fail in the qualifications.

WILDCARDS for France and Norway? Surely it will be the same in the next years. And it's possible Polish or Swedish automatically qualified, straight to the group phase.

PS. Good that Norway has now with Larvik. It's joining Vipers. But it's the 2017/2018, that's true.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:18 pm

Silviu wrote:Most probably I am the only one happy with this allocation. I prefer Craiova's perfect trek in the EHF Cup this season over their predictable failure in the Champions League's next season. Honestly, Romania doesn't have two teams strong enough for CL, so I'm very happy with 4 spots in the EHF Cup. It will be a great experience for those 4 and it will eventually strengthen our League.

Like I wrote in the chat earlier: I am fairly sure that Hungary and Denmark (possibly others) will still get another direct place. While lower ranked countries get their familiar +1 wild card. Nothing will change much.

Same goes for the EHF-Cup.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 pm

Why Denmark, HB9? Why not Romania? Romania will be 2nd, Denmark 4th. EHF advantage Denmark, Norway, France and Germany once again. CROOKS!

Great coalition, like at international competitions (NTs)! Corrupt referees, corrupt nations, nothing changed. Just that Hypo and Podravka are not buying refs anymore.

I am very convinced they are very happy with the death of Vardar and semideath of Buducnost.

Just read Romanian comments on Handbal Feminin and other Facebook pages. Read also the Hungarian comments in newspapers.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Look at 2018/2019!!!!!!!

I haven't see a more corrupt federation of a popular sport in Europe. Even football is better, Platini cared about small nations but anyway FIFA was always for development!

I don't see Turkey, Greece and the Balkans to be humiliated in basketball. :cry:

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:Why Denmark, HB9? Why not Romania?

That I can't answer. But it's fairly obvious that some countries or clubs get direct group stage places or wild cards much easier than others.

Russia is another example: a second club there doesn't seem to have much 'luck' when applying for an extra space in the CL.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:28 pm

HB9 wrote:Nothing will change much.

Except for now it is written all over: "Yes, our [EHF] allocations are biased. Yes, we are favouring country X or Y".
But again, I don't mind, I'm happy with 4 spots for Romania in EHF Cup :) .

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Silviu wrote:
Except for now it is written all over: "Yes, our [EHF] allocations are biased. Yes, we are favouring country X or Y".
But again, I don't mind, I'm happy with 4 spots for Romania in EHF Cup :) .

Yes, just if you would not be Romanian.

Where's the judgement, Silviu? Sweden for instance got Savehof this season directly, it can easily have Savehof + Hoors. So where’s the justice regarding the coefficient? I mean I am only saying next season it will be the same.

Romania can have CSM in CL + 1 team or 0 in EHF Cup like Hungary last year. Where is the justice?

If we worked so much to be there, let's also play at a higher level. Before we also worked our ass off with HCM Baia Mare to enter the groups every season.

Silviu, just tell me please you will never represent Romania, because you would not defend our rights! It's simply a right, not your personal thoughts who are wrong anyway. From CL you can play in EHF Cup, don't forget that! ANOTHER ANOMALY, 4TH PLACE IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PLAYS IN EHF CUP.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:39 pm

So any Romanian/Hungarian club even with 4th place in a first CL group, would play in EHF Cup's Knockout Phase (!).

Based on that, nobody would ever refuse a spot. Romania would rather refuse 1 EHF Cup, but never another CL one since all the clubs got strengthened now.

Meanwhile, Hungary has even more quality teams. They would take them all.

We are second hand, nothing changed over the years. Between brothers, I bet West would rather respect more the Asians than us.

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:24 am

My honest opinion is that EHF should forget the league system.
Istead there should be a cup system(where more decent countries' champions start in a later phase, e.g. top 32/top16.
This would give a chance even to the least known championships to participate(and gain points on the EHF ranking).
Also theis way even top teams would not have any time to rest(they can fall out in any phase if they lose).
Based on the number of participants therecould be option fo multiple free cards for 2nd teams of the top championships(but these teams would need to participate earlier).
This would be more fair with anyone.
:shock:

mimi
Regular

Postby mimi » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:03 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:k**f EHF, they changed again the system! Hungary and Romania are not allowed to play directly with 2 teams in the Champions League groups.

I didn't say anything about Larvik and Brest got CL place instead of EHF winner SCM Craiova, just because LHK did a lot in the major competition. But Craiova could have easily got the place of Brest. After all it's not all about the players, but about the results.

And now, after then and that, they do this.

my friend... we are from the EAST!

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:23 am

The Romanian jump is impressive, from about 66 to 110 (pts) in just 2 seasons. Hungary and Romania with probably (I think) the all-time best rankings! Congratulations! I think Hungary can stay some years there.

Denmark unfortunately will drop to fourth, worst ranking of the at least last 11-12 years. Notice that Denmark was dominating women's handball in the 90s, with Camilla Andersen & Co. Unfortunately the level of the "Danish" foreigners decreased over the years, from Popovic Bojana, Jurack and even Krause, to Polman and then Hagman. The mentality is still great but the local players are not playing finals anymore and the main foreigners are average players like Westberg or Ida Bjørndalen, this is the main problem. Nathalie Hagman and Veronica Kristiansen the latest exceptions left. Previously Laura van der Heijden and Nycke Groot also left for East. Even if the Danish championship would keep most of these players, "the names" are different mixed with the Danes who are again trying to prove themselves at the highest level. Soon or later it could happen but with Norway still doing great on juniors, not getting great results but forming great players, and also with France now it will be hard for Denmark. I am amazed Danmark didn't do it yet after so many great youth and junior generations, but let's see it with Anne Mette Hansen, Mette Tranborg and Co.

Return to “Female Handball”