Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Kiddo
Extra Member

Re: 2018/19 Champions League - Group Phase - Round 1

Postby Kiddo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Lucy wrote:
vlad_impaler wrote:
Lucy wrote:

Vipers lost Brattset/Lunde-Borgersen in defence and dont think they have replaiced it good enough with Tomac/Yttereng
And if Lunde has a bad day, they only have a 20 years old with no experience

They lost a granny and irreplaceable pivot?

hihi
Granny :lol:

Haha, Granny... Vipers has a Granny Goalie too then. Among the best in the world still... Just like her sister. The matches against Brest, Lunde-Borgersen was outstanding, and the reason Brest had an exit. I have to agree with Lucy, even though Vipers is not my team. She was world class in her comeback, and made a difference for Vipers. However, The team in itself seems stronger this year. Waade, Yttereng, Reistad, Tomac and more... Great players. Its more depth in the squad this year. Hope they manage MR, they will beat Bietigheim which has lost a lot more players then them.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Kiddo wrote:Haha, Granny... Vipers has a Granny Goalie too then. Among the best in the world still... Just like her sister. The matches against Brest, Lunde-Borgersen was outstanding, and the reason Brest had an exit. I have to agree with Lucy, even though Vipers is not my team. She was world class in her comeback, and made a difference for Vipers. However, The team in itself seems stronger this year. Waade, Yttereng, Reistad, Tomac and more... Great players. Its more depth in the squad this year. Hope they manage MR, they will beat Bietigheim which has lost a lot more players then them.

Sorry to disappoint you here Kiddo, but i really agree that she is a granny. And there is a prof :)
A then 19 year old Matea Pletikosic played with Lunde Borgensen like a kid plays with it's toy. Matea made her look like the worst amateur.
As for her twin sister from what i saw she is also far from what she once was. But still a good GK.

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:36 pm

John wrote:
Kiddo wrote:Haha, Granny... Vipers has a Granny Goalie too then. Among the best in the world still... Just like her sister. The matches against Brest, Lunde-Borgersen was outstanding, and the reason Brest had an exit. I have to agree with Lucy, even though Vipers is not my team. She was world class in her comeback, and made a difference for Vipers. However, The team in itself seems stronger this year. Waade, Yttereng, Reistad, Tomac and more... Great players. Its more depth in the squad this year. Hope they manage MR, they will beat Bietigheim which has lost a lot more players then them.

Sorry to disappoint you here Kiddo, but i really agree that she is a granny. And there is a prof :)
A then 19 year old Matea Pletikosic played with Lunde Borgensen like a kid plays with it's toy. Matea made her look like the worst amateur.
As for her twin sister from what i saw she is also far from what she once was. But still a good GK.

You don't disappoint John, time will tell. I do think Solberg will take her place for the Tokyo Olympics. I do think she had her last, but she is great. Just like Paula. However, Reistad is such an exciting prospect, I think she can fill Lunde-B´s shoes this or next season. Lunde-B was an amazing CB and defender. However, Reistad is a tough cookie. Lakatos hasn't found her place in Byåsen as of yet, which is a shame, as I used to compare the two.

Best of luck with Buducnost John, seem a lot stronger this year. Cheers

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:53 pm

John wrote:

Maybe she was good for the EHF Cup (although not against Craiova). I have a lot of respect for the Lundes, but Vipers needs to gather and promote Norway's younger talents! I am happy for instance Malin Holta returned to Norway, now playing for Sola.

I am sure Vipers get stronger and stronger each year.

Btw, SOLA k**f RELEGATED? And Herrem, Line Ellertsen and Holta are there? Are they serious? In the 2nd Norwegian division?

Many Scandinavians don't want true performance, they want to be semi-pro. ](*,)

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:38 pm

John wrote:

And when Lunde-Borgesen played against Brest it looks like she was the best in the world
But 3 kids and 38 years old, i think her comeback was good
Her head and handball thoughts was there

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:39 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:
John wrote:

Maybe she was good for the EHF Cup (although not against Craiova). I have a lot of respect for the Lundes, but Vipers needs to gather and promote Norway's younger talents! I am happy for instance Malin Holta returned to Norway, now playing for Sola.

Btw, SOLA k**f RELEGATED? And Herrem, Line Ellertsen and Holta are there? Are they serious? In the 2nd Norwegian division?

Herrem has house and kid in Stavanger.
Nearest club is Kristiansand, 3 hours drive
og Tertnes with no money, 5 hours drive
Holta really believe in Sola project and want to stay.
They will play in the best norwegian league next season (99,999 %)

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:06 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:
John wrote:

Totally agree, and you apparently have a total overview of Norwegian youngsters and more.(not ironic for once) However, I think its also the fact Sola has solid financial support. Meaning one year in lower division is more crucial for Nøstvold and Herrem than the youngsters. Never understood why Holta was not part of the NT, in attack she is a force in herself, in opposite of Tomac and High Arntzen (for now)

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Kiddo wrote:
vlad_impaler wrote:
John wrote:

Totally agree, and you apparently have a total overview of Norwegian youngsters and more.(not ironic for once) However, I think its also the fact Sola has solid financial support. Meaning one year in lower division is more crucial for Nøstvold and Herrem than the youngsters. Never understood why Holta was not part of the NT, in attack she is a force in herself, in opposite of Tomac and High Arntzen (for now)

Because Thorir think she is to unilaterally in attack and way to poor in defence
https://www.dagsavisen.no/rogalandsavis ... ywall=true

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:43 pm

Okey
Forget norwegian second league handball and back to Champions League

AB10
Regular

Postby AB10 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:09 am

vlad_impaler wrote:Many Scandinavians don't want true performance, they want to be semi-pro. ](*,)

What a ridiculous overgeneralization. Based on what – 3 players? – you conclude that "many" Scandinavians don't take the sport seriously? That's just laughable.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am

AB10 wrote:

What a ridiculous overgeneralization. Based on what – 3 players? – you conclude that "many" Scandinavians don't take the sport seriously? That's just laughable.

Based on the decrease of the women's handball generally. Based on the decrease of the Danish championship, based on the decrease of the dream teams in NT handball. The area of selection in Denmark, and even Norway, is still a lot higher than in other parts. How many of the Scandinavian players do have interest to play abroad now? How many would switch in fact for the best team or best clubs in Denmark for instance? Why do you think the values are not concentrated in the league of Denmark? Playing in CL is not the hugest motivation anymore for them. For many "after" career is more important, they don't believe in them and in the potential development.

Lovers should be really worried, 500-600 fans of Larvik only attended against Vipers in the playoffs' final (AT ARENA LARVIK).

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:15 pm

But Scandinavian players have always focused a lot on their education and "civil" careers, that's nothing new. And quite frankly, that's a very healthy perspective when you consider how many players from eastern Europe sustain career-ending injuries in their mid-20s and have no idea what they're going to do with their lives because they haven't earned enough money to start their coffee shop or hair salon business.
And while the Norwegian NT is insanely popular, the general public there has never been that much into club handball, so no interest -> no money -> no strong teams.
The Danish league is a lot weaker than it used to be for the simple reason that the great economic crisis of 2008 has left them with a lot less money than before, which is only natural when you go by the rules of market economy instead of depending on public money, a shady tycoon, a single huge sponsor or a combination thereof.

On the other hand, 15 years ago it was simply unthinkable that a player from Scandinavia would ever play in Russia or Romania. It was about as realistic as them landing on the moon. I remember when Kjersti Beck went to Spain in 2007 or such, and she made it sound like she's engaging in an adventure akin to the exploration of Amazon rainforest. Obviously that's different now and they're a lot more open to the world.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:57 pm

It is, when you don't neglect the professionalism of sport.

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Joana wrote:But Scandinavian players have always focused a lot on their education and "civil" careers, that's nothing new. And quite frankly, that's a very healthy perspective when you consider how many players from eastern Europe sustain career-ending injuries in their mid-20s and have no idea what they're going to do with their lives because they haven't earned enough money to start their coffee shop or hair salon business.
And while the Norwegian NT is insanely popular, the general public there has never been that much into club handball, so no interest -> no money -> no strong teams.
The Danish league is a lot weaker than it used to be for the simple reason that the great economic crisis of 2008 has left them with a lot less money than before, which is only natural when you go by the rules of market economy instead of depending on public money, a shady tycoon, a single huge sponsor or a combination thereof.

On the other hand, 15 years ago it was simply unthinkable that a player from Scandinavia would ever play in Russia or Romania. It was about as realistic as them landing on the moon. I remember when Kjersti Beck went to Spain in 2007 or such, and she made it sound like she's engaging in an adventure akin to the exploration of Amazon rainforest. Obviously that's different now and they're a lot more open to the world.

True true, when Beck left Byåsen for Spain it was 'insane' many articles about her transfer. And even before that when Leganger played for Krim in Slovenia. After those gk's many Norwegians have been in Hungary (Gyor) and Andenæs in Lada, Lunde in Rostov in Russia. Herrem & Eidem in Romania + Herrem Macedonia.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:19 am

CSM Bucureşti 36 (18)

Neagu 9
Mehmedovic 8
Kurtovic 6
Lekic 5
Radicevic 3
Cvijic 3
Omoregie 2

Ferencvaros 31 (13)

Hafra 6
Kovacsics 5
Schatzl 4
Pena 3
Snelder 3
Klivinyi 3
Lukacs 3
Faluvegi 2
Hornyak 1
Marton 1

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 pm

I was right Brest are not favourites. Whilst Bella Gullden, enjoy! You could have prolonged your contract, and to be loved and respected. She scored exactly a goal in a match of many goals scored.

:p Where are the contestants of me and Lekic now? Radicevic and Cvijic are also huge additions. And I also love the new coach.

But it seems the new board can't resolve the goalkeeping problem, Ungureanu-Grubisic are worse than Dedu-Dumanska would be.

Moreover the defence is still not at the level of Gyor. They would have fixed many things with the addition of Crina Pintea. She is an excellent defender. We would have come closer.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Odense lost by 3 at Buducnost, proving still no experience. :( They are a good side, although Pytlick is questionable. :lol:

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 am

Cristina Laslo our Romanian 7 goals for Buducnost? How many were from the penalty?

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 am

The Vipers coach claims "We could beat them!".

If you're 2-3 goals back for almost 50 minutes you should be more than happy with a draw. BBM could have pulled away even further as well at the time. Just saying. :p
Last edited by HB9 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
idle banter.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:59 am

vlad_impaler wrote:I was right Brest are not favourites. Whilst Bella Gullden, enjoy! You could have prolonged your contract, and to be loved and respected. She scored exactly a goal in a match of many goals scored.

:thumleft:
idle banter.

Jig

Postby Jig » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 am

GYŐRI AUDI ETO KC–RK KRIM LJUBLJANA 39–23 (18–9) =D>

GYŐR: Leynaud – Bódi 1, GROOT 6 (2), S. OFTEDAL 5 (1), BRATTSET 5, E. AMORIM 7, Görbicz 3 (2),Kiss É., GRIMSBÖ, V. Kristiansen 2, A. HANSEN 6, Fodor 1, Puhalák, Knedlíková 2, Kellermann, Kürthy 1.
LJUBLJANA: Marincek 1 – Risztovszka 1, Koren 1, Zulic 2, PEREDERIJ 3, Stanko 4, MAVSAR 5 (4),Vojvonic, Krsnik, CAKALU 3, Baric 2, Beganovic 1, Vucko.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:04 am

HB9 wrote:The Vipers coach claims "We could beat them!".

If you're 2-3 goals back for almost 50 minutes you should be more than happy with a draw. BBM could have pulled away even further as well at the time. Just saying. :p

Vipers weren't in control at all, BBM didn't deserve to lose.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:40 am

vlad_impaler wrote:Cristina Laslo our Romanian 7 goals for Buducnost? How many were from the penalty?

4 from penalties, or 5 she missed it but the ball bounced back and she scored. And 2 goals from the game, one 7m foul on her. She was great yesterday, in defense also Adzic was praising her during the game. She continues with great games.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:26 pm

CSM needs a top-class GK otherwise bye-bye Big Final in Budapest....Paula and Gruba show almost nothing last Friday...

Good match : Lekic,Neagu,Mehmedovic,Radicevic(good wings play),Kurtovic,Cvijic. Omoregie show we can rely on ...
I hope we'll use also more often the reserves (may be Magnusson did not want to risk anything first match CL)
.....still not clear Lobach situation because is clear (....Manea want a baby !!!)
Greetings to Mica and her sleepy (for now) future handball son.... :thumright:

Return to “Female Handball”