Danish League 19/20

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
maz
Extra Member

Re: Danish League 19/20

Postby maz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 am

It will be interesting to watch Esbjerg vs København in two weeks time. København has maximum points but I still do not really know how good they are. This will be their first true test. They have shown they are good and better than the middle of the pack but are they as good as Esbjerg and Odense who look like the two contenders this year?

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:26 am

maz wrote:It will be interesting to watch Esbjerg vs København in two weeks time. København has maximum points but I still do not really know how good they are. This will be their first true test. They have shown they are good and better than the middle of the pack but are they as good as Esbjerg and Odense who look like the two contenders this year?

Apparently not interesting enough for TV2 to show it [-(

I hope Lykkegaard and one of the right backs return, Lykkegaard especially to add to the defense. And KBH is now challenged on the GK position as Bundsen is pregnant. But it sounds like they are looking for someone to replace her.

I don’t really expect them to play up with Esbjerg and Odense with so many youngsters, but I do believe they can pull some surprises. Even though the “experts” seem to have no faith in them.

Anol

Postby Anol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 am

And now they have do without Johanna Bundsen. Eventhough they have a great imo second choice, that is a big loss for Copenhagen

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 am

Anol wrote:And now they have do without Johanna Bundsen. Eventhough they have a great imo second choice, that is a big loss for Copenhagen

And I can see that Esbjerg hopes to have Polman back for the match. :-k

On other notes, I know Odense wants to do things differently compared to last season and not peak too early, but dear lord a lot of mistakes they made yesterday. I wonder what the management is thinking?Good job by HIH though.

Anol

Postby Anol » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:04 am

masch1 wrote:And I can see that Esbjerg hopes to have Polman back for the match. :-k

On other notes, I know Odense wants to do things differently compared to last season and not peak too early, but dear lord a lot of mistakes they made yesterday. I wonder what the management is thinking?Good job by HIH though.

Yeah hopefully Essie will be back, though I'm not sure.
I couldn't watch the game yesterday. Did they really make that many technical errors? Cos there is only 11 registered in the livescore

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:10 am

Anol wrote:
masch1 wrote:And I can see that Esbjerg hopes to have Polman back for the match. :-k

Yeah hopefully Essie will be back, though I'm not sure.
I couldn't watch the game yesterday. Did they really make that many technical errors? Cos there is only 11 registered in the livescore

Don't know about the stats and I was watching on and off, but it certainly seemed like it, and the players and "experts" also commented on it. Perhaps because it was at an important time in the match.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:24 pm

What a nailbiter in Aarhus today and I thought Viborg were going to drive home with the two points when they went up with 2 with 10 minutes left. All the momentum was with Viborg when Aamand and Pontoppidan both got 2min suspensions that they didn't really deserve but when all hope seemed lost - Pontoppidan and Lundbye stepped up and delivered one hell of a performance the last 10 minutes. Took complete charge of the team and lead it to victory. Nothing better than winning in that fashion against one of the local rivals.

Also Wierzba dominated for Skanderborg it seems. Such a shame she never got implemented in Aarhus.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:50 pm

We're almost half way through the season and I thought it would only be appropriate with a 'almost-half-way-through-team-of-the-year'.

GK: Anna Kristensen
LW: Freja Cohrt
LB: Anna Wierzba
PM: Mia Rej
RB: Stine Skogrand
RW: Marit Jacobsen
LP: Vilde Ingstad

Best defensive player: Julie Pontoppidan
Most improved player: Helene Kindberg

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:04 am

maz wrote:We're almost half way through the season and I thought it would only be appropriate with a 'almost-half-way-through-team-of-the-year'.

GK: Anna Kristensen
LW: Freja Cohrt
LB: Anna Wierzba
PM: Mia Rej
RB: Stine Skogrand
RW: Marit Jacobsen
LP: Vilde Ingstad

Best defensive player: Julie Pontoppidan
Most improved player: Helene Kindberg

Hm, a bit hard to say with such few interesting TV matches, but I suppose mine would be:

GK: Anna K.
LW: Cohrt
LB: Jeanett Kristiansen
PM: Rej
RB: Dione Housheer
RW: Jacobsen
LP: Linn Blohm

Best defensive player: ?
Most improved player: Helene Kindberg/Larissa Nusser

Anol

Postby Anol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:24 pm

So Odense management finally made a statement of sorts regarding Tranborg's departure. Or not as much the departure as it was a response to the implicit critique of the possibilities of personal development at the club. It's behind a paywall, so I'll summerize for you.

what do you think about that there isn't room for development in the club?

I think there are many who think that there is room for that. Otherwise we wouldn't have any players in the club. As far as I can tell there are plenty of possibilities for development at Odense Handball.

Futhermore in an article on JV.dk MT says:
That she has heard so many good things about the way things are done in Esbjerg and that she wanted to be a part of that

The next part isn't completely clear if it's based on something MT said or if it's just journalists ramblings. I'll put it in danish as to not distort the meaning.
Skal man kunne toppræstere inde på banen, skal man være glad, føle sig værdsat og bare have det godt sådan i al almindelighed - og sådan er situationen lige nu i Team Esbjerg, og den historie har Mette Tranborg fået fortalt. Det er en af årsagerne til skiftet.

To me this implies that MT doesn't feel that is the case in Odense, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Regardsless her implicit critique of Odense is remarkable considering she's still there for 6-7 months. No matter what her motivation for changing clubs are, it's certainly not money, cos she would get more in Odense. I wonder if there are a general dissatisfaction among the the players, obviously not the case with Mie and Althea.
Sorry for the long post.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Celine Lundbye AND June Bøttger on the team of the fall. So much love for Aarhus =D>

More players on the team than the unbeaten number 1 :p

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:13 pm

maz wrote:Celine Lundbye AND June Bøttger on the team of the fall. So much love for Aarhus =D>

Mia Rej and Linn Blohm :p =D>

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:46 pm

maz wrote:Celine Lundbye AND June Bøttger on the team of the fall. So much love for Aarhus =D>

U see... I told you why AAU where bad in the one TV match, but you only had eyes for Julie Pontoppidan and gave her all the crap. :p :-"
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Anol wrote:So Odense management finally made a statement of sorts regarding Tranborg's departure. Or not as much the departure as it was a response to the implicit critique of the possibilities of personal development at the club. It's behind a paywall, so I'll summerize for you.

Skal man kunne toppræstere inde på banen, skal man være glad, føle sig værdsat og bare have det godt sådan i al almindelighed - og sådan er situationen lige nu i Team Esbjerg, og den historie har Mette Tranborg fået fortalt. Det er en af årsagerne til skiftet.

To me this implies that MT doesn't feel that is the case in Odense, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I just think she needs new air, and her long time injury her made her reflect a bit more than usual. Perfectly mature and healthy thought process imo, and I don't see no reason to point any fingers at Odense for other explanations.
She also states that she isn't quite ready for an abroad adventure just yet, but I'm sure that will come next.
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Mixball wrote:

U see... I told you why AAU where bad in the one TV match, but you only had eyes for Julie Pontoppidan and gave her all the crap. :p :-"

:lol: I was disappointed in Julie! But as you can see above, I put her in my Team of the Fall, so I haven't been disappointed in her often. I hold her to such a high standard now :p

Return to “Female Handball”