Natasa Janic(s)

Anything But Handball Here
Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Natasa Janic(s)

Postby Joana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Since there are a lot of Hungarians here, what's your take on the latest soap opera starring the famous champion?

Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Natasa Janic(s)

Postby gergő » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Joana wrote:Since there are a lot of Hungarians here, what's your take on the latest soap opera starring the famous champion?

she's got everything in here (hungary). :arrow: coaches, training grounds, training partners, money, etc. became here who is she now. but decided to leave and served to her home country. was a bit ungrateful but after all i could understand her. as many hungarians as well. dunno what she promised in the serbian side (maybe you will tell us) but it seems it doesnt work and now she has to rebuild her prestige in győr. now she is - and her husband -, so they are really ridiculous to me and to the almost entire hungarian nation too.
Last edited by gergő on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:43 pm

It caused quite a stir here. Just like 10 years ago, some people are criticizing her, some are defending her.
I supported her 100% when she left the first time since it was the only way to keep her career going.
Now, I'm not sure what to think. I don't understand why she wanted to come back, the conditions are certainly still much better for the athletes in her sport in Hungary. Rumour has it that retired Olympic medalists get more money in Serbia than in Hungary (I don't know if it's true), so that a medal in Rio '16 for Serbia would be more profitable for her compared to what she'd be getting in Hungary.
Be it as it may, she certainly must have seen some personal benefit there. I don't know what was the motivation for the Olympic Committee of Serbia, though. It was obvious that Hungarians would ask for compensation - and why wouldn't they after having invested so much in her. Since Serbia didn't pay 150 000 euros they requested (which I'm glad about, there are certainly much better ways to spend that money), Natasa would have to be inactive for two years. At first she said she'd go along with it, later she changed her mind. In the meantime she was funded by the OCS - of course she doesn't mention giving that money back!
In short, it's a bit of a farce really. I don't know if someone was trying to double-cross the other side, whether Serbia initially promised her to pay the compensation and later backed out or she used the whole story to put some pressure on Hungarians and get something for herself there, but it doesn't look good for anyone.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Wendy88
Rookie

Postby Wendy88 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:44 am

Thanks for very nice post. I have a high regard for the valuable information you offer in your Posts. I really believe you will do much better in the future..

reeta
Rookie

Postby reeta » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:33 am

I really enjoyed these Olympics. As always. Including some of the new sports. :D
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest pass-4sure.info exam and high quality Conway School of Landscape Design and testking HP demos. We provide updated University of Washington questions with 100% pass guarantee along with Facebook

Return to “Off Topic”