Winter Olympic Games 2014 - Sochi

Anything But Handball Here
Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Winter Olympic Games 2014 - Sochi

Postby Des57 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:06 pm

karel wrote:Unfortunately no surprises in male hockey tournament. Dissapointed preformance by Czech Rep., Slovakia and especially Russia - their defeat in 1/4 is a real disaster for this country. OG take place in Sochi and they won't get any medal.
In the semis we have two classics: Sweden-Finland and USA-Canada. I bet on USA-Sweden final.

That is my guess to,a Sweden-USA final.About Russia is not the first time they underperform.Ovechkin with his usual bad games for the NT.I would say that one of the reasons Russia got no medal in Sochi, is the coach plus the poor defence.What a beautiful final we had last night in the women's hockey. :) Overtime victory for Canada coming from 2-0 deficit in the third period.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Sweden beat Finland 2-1( Eriksson L.,Karlsson E/Jokinen O)and is in the final.Great result for the Swedes coming from behind after a big Lundqvist mistake.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Triple for Norway in 30 km Mass Start with Marit Bjoergen taking her 10th Olympic medal and her 6th gold. =D>
Therese Johaug and Kristin Stoermer Steira were second and third.

Canada played better than USA and qualified for the men's final in the hockey tournament.I think they are favourites in the final act against Sweden,but I'm still hoping for a Tre Kronor win :) .

zorasourit
Handball Fan-atic

Postby zorasourit » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Relay time in biathlon:

Norway back on the track with winning the inaugural mixed relay in front of a great Czech squad and absolutely superb job by the Italians claiming bronze.

Ukraine won their maiden biathlon gold medal in the women's relay. They were superb, strong, tough and no team deserved this medal more given the current circumstances. Was sooooooooooooo happy for them. Poor Zina Kocher... great job by Canada until then, then way too many nerves.

Men's relay might be a helluva showdown between Austria, France, Norway and possibly the Czechs. I expect the German misery to continue. We'll know very soon.

karel
Handball Fan-atic

Postby karel » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Des57 wrote:Triple for Norway in 30 km Mass Start with Marit Bjoergen taking her 10th Olympic medal and her 6th gold. =D>

Norwegians dominated from start till the end. This time 30 km was too much for J. Kowalczyk. She lost to her pain and didn't finish the race. Probably it was the last start in OG in her career.

Impressive performance by Finland, who beat USA 5-0 and won bronze medals in hockey tournament.

Poland won two medals today: silver in female speed skating team competition and bronze in male speed skating team competition. Fantastic success considering, that The Netherlands are in some another league. How many medals they have got in speed skating in Sochi! Incredible... :roll:
They almost don't exist in other disciplines, but speed skating gave them so many medals, that they are in top five in the medal table. :-"

We won 6 medals in Sochi. The same amount like in Vancouver, but more gold medals. These are the best winter OG in our history. :) =D>

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:53 pm

karel wrote:
Des57 wrote:Triple for Norway in 30 km Mass Start with Marit Bjoergen taking her 10th Olympic medal and her 6th gold. =D>

that The Netherlands are in some another league. How many medals they have got in speed skating in Sochi! Incredible... :roll:
They almost don't exist in other disciplines, but speed skating gave them so many medals, that they are in top five in the medal table. :-"

Yes,unfortunately the USA played very poor the last two games,the most important one,even if they played so well in the group stage.I also agree in what you say about The Netherlands.There are two many events in speed skating at the Olympics.They should limit the number of participants for one country in one event and maybe reduce the number of events,but since speed skating is for the Winter Olympics what track and field and swimming are for the Summer Olympics,I doubt they'll do that.It's very strange to see the Netherlands so high in the medal table with almost all medals in one sport,it's too much IMO.

karel
Handball Fan-atic

Postby karel » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Des57 wrote:I also agree in what you say about The Netherlands.There are two many events in speed skating at the Olympics.They should limit the number of participants for one country in one event and maybe reduce the number of events,but since speed skating is for the Winter Olympics what track and field and swimming are for the Summer Olympics,I doubt they'll do that.It's very strange to see the Netherlands so high in the medal table with almost all medals in one sport,it's too much IMO.

Only our Zbigniew Bródka and Martina Sablikova of Czech rep. managed to beat Dutch skaters... The only two gold medals which don't belong to the Netherlands.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Olympic hockey final Canada-Sweden 3-0 (Jonathan Toews,Sidney Crosby,Chris Kunitz)
Totally deserved win in the final for the Canadians.So they make the double men and women gold.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Tue May 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Ref wrote:So what is your take on this? A evil conspiracy or simple reality?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sport ... -news&_r=3

anti russian west policy,simple as that.

meldinoum is a good example of that.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

karel
Handball Fan-atic

Postby karel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:30 am

I believe WADA is rather anti-doping, not anti-Russian. Doping doesn't have a nationality.

Return to “Off Topic”