SKAM

Anything But Handball Here
Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

SKAM

Postby Mr. 007 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Well, my daughter is RUSS this year so I watched this series SKAM that was only made for the teens at her age, as she said I could do (I had to ask her, being "too old").

Wow, I was totally blown away. Actors are just teens at the same age as the characters they are playing, going to school, and making this in their spare time, like in the weekends and nights. It made it so real, with teenage problems I could relate to, and made me think back to my time as RUSS.

We had a veteran american firetruck to 25.000,- kroners, 4 girls and 2 boys including me...hehe...but I think we had 15 or so in it at some time so we had good space, and was sponsored by FALCK, a car rescue company, and they had to tow us home 4 times I think...hehe...and will ofc never sponsor a russebus again :)

Buying a bus may seem costly for many, but you get the money back when u sell it again to the next russ, so it's no problem actually. Problem was that our bus got so trashed at may 17. so we couldn't sell it as a working vehicle anymore, and lost our investment...yeah, not the end of the world though as we were 6 :)

So now I have discovered the series have reached the world outside Norway, with fans making subtitles in many languages, and they also try to learn Norwegian!!! Amazing :)

SKAM with English subtitles made of fans: http://skam-online.tumblr.com/episodes

Here are some teachers in Denmark making a video for their school, speaking Norwegian :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXu7CpTEyHU

And Sweden also like to speak Norwegian now :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3v_KTaF4sg

Even Asians...it's incredible :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvxVIG3Xa4

So have SKAM reached the world of handball fans here?

larvik-fan
Extra Member

Re: SKAM

Postby larvik-fan » Fri May 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Nice with another 40+ with a young mind and heart :-)

Will give SKAM a shot and thanks for the link with english subtitles now I can see it with my not scandinavian girlfriend.

Can really recommend 13 reasons why a netflix series with at bit the same topic, I was blown away clear number two after game of thrones.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Enjoy :)

"13 Reasons" will be your clear third choice after "Game of Thrones" however, as the daily life of average Norwegian teenagers just kick the s**t out of whatever I have seen so far. Nothing comes even close...that's how real it feels :) This is the new future of television, totally mind blowing, and very, very clever made :)

No action, kind of boring, yep...real life and how to handle it, u really don't need more than that anyway as life is difficult enough as it is :)

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:27 am

Be kind. Always :)

Well, it seems handball is truly the only thing people watch here...hehe...and May 22. doesn't ring any bell... :)

Spoiler alert, but I guess U can have a fast recap of season 2, and still watch it afterwards, although u will miss the drama...so think twice before watching it (even think third, fourth and a fifth time before considering it if u haven't watched that season...although it's not even the best season according to many) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pyloj37rHI

Alt er LOVE :)

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 pm

Damn you Mr. 007 for making me binge-watch a show about a bunch of Norwegian kids, as if I wasn't wasting enough of my time already!

I really enjoyed season 1. It felt authentic, raw and relatable. It really took me back. :) The story of Eva worked so well because it was so simple and lifelike. That is really what most teenagers go through.

Season 2 was a letdown in comparison. It was like watching every other teen show with all the over the top manufactured drama. Noora is seriously annoying and her "good girl falls for a bad guy with a soft side" love story is something we've seen a billion times already. Also, I really didn't like it that Eva was dumbed down so much, to the point she was no longer the same character we had seen. I guess all the focus had to be on Little Miss Perfect Noora. Blech.

But season 3 sounds interesting. Looking forward to watching it.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Return to “Off Topic”