Spanish
Serbian
Kroatien
Macedonian fluently

And I can understand bulgarien but cant speak it :D

Krimfan
Very Important Member

Postby Krimfan » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:03 pm

Darko wrote:Well when we are talking about languages, i think that this will be interesting:
Guess what asked me one student here in SloveniaIn, macedoonia you have your own language???????...And the irony is bigger because i am not the only one that was asked such thing...
Ok that must be really dumb student, when I was 5 years old i already knew that Macedonian is the toughest language in ex yugoslavia to understand for me :) I really cant imagine such people exist here :shock:
By the way slovenian sucks There are things that no other language has like Dvoina they have Singluar plural and Dvoina it is used when there are two tings , two people......
I wont to know what will krimfan say to this....
It is normal for me, I know it is tough to learn slovenian for foreigner also most of Slovenians can speak and at least understand Serbian & Croatian but serbs & croats have big problems to understand slovenian and usually they have problems with accent. I also can say that jokes are much better if they are told in serbian/croatian language than slovenian :) Slovenian language also have the most dialects in any slavic language it is really tough for people from western slovenia to understand "Prekmurski" (north-eastern) dialect.
KRIM 2000/01 & 2002/03 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS
CELJE 2003/04 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS

Darko

Postby Darko » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:25 pm

Yes it is maybe dificult language but, spet ni tko tezek, a ne?
Maybe thats because i am half Slovenian..................
and you know what i am nt the only one that heard such a thing, i mean was asked such a question.... Two my friends told me the same, so.......
And for me everybody think that i am from Primorska...
Primorci... i dont understand them anything

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:48 pm

I will bump this topic. :wink:

Of Southern Slavic languages I naturally speak Serbian and Croatian, I understand most of Macedonian, and some Slovenian. I only understand little Bulgarian.
As for other languages I speak English (sadly not quite well as I used to), Spanish and some Portguese. I had German for 6 years at school but haven't learned anything. Next year I'm going to take a course in Norwegian as well.

Astherion
Extra Member

Postby Astherion » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:29 pm

Joana,

where have you learned Portuguese?
Onde tu aprendeste português?
La saviesa ens arriba quan ja no ens serveix de res.

makiavelli
Extra Member

Postby makiavelli » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:55 pm

Well..just German( I've studied german as a maternal language) and English( not as good as I wish to)....I understand a little bit of Spanish and Italian as they are quite similar to romanian language, but never had the will to learn those languages

Astherion
Extra Member

Postby Astherion » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:48 am

So do you understand Spanish and Italian.Atlhough Romanian is a Latin language, I can hardly understand it.Dragostea din tei is in Romanian,isn't it?It's hard to understand it ...But I like the song :D

makiavelli
Extra Member

Postby makiavelli » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:59 pm

I understand Italian and Spanish but not all, let's say from 50-80%...and it should be written! :wink: ...was in Spain last year and I don't know if it was the dialect or something else... :?: :?: :?: ....but I hardly got the ideea from what was spoken around me.....and Dragostea din tei( I hate that song!!!) is in a romanian dialect..maybe that's why it was hard for you to undestand it

Astherion
Extra Member

Postby Astherion » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:49 pm

Makiavelli,why don't you like the song?
So it's in a Romanian dialect.That's why it does not seem to be a Latin language.
Which Spanish region have you been to?In Galicia they speak a language similar to Portuguese.By the way , Galician and Portuguese used to be a common language till the 15th century.

makiavelli
Extra Member

Postby makiavelli » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:15 pm

I don't listen this kind of music...and can not really understand their succes on the international scene( much more then in Romania).....you should read a translation of the songtext.....totaly crap
....In Spain, I was in Madrid( don't know in what region to place it)

euskadi commander
Kometal Fan

Postby euskadi commander » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:04 am

Astherion wrote:Dragostea din tei is in Romanian,isn't it?It's hard to understand it...

Maybe because it’s Moldavian?
And as far as I know they have many (enough) slavic words in their language (I can catch few words in the song).

makiavelli
Extra Member

Postby makiavelli » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:14 pm

euskadi commander wrote:
And as far as I know they have many (enough) slavic words in their language (I can catch few words in the song).

Yep, you're wright...it's moldavian....but we do not recognize this language, we say that's just a dialect...but no, as far as I know they don't have much more slavic words than we are and it's totaly crap to say that moldavian is a language...they have only been for 60 years separated from us...so it couldn't been so much russian influence on the language...the 'problem' it's similar to the austrians...they speak also german....just few words are different...but that doesn't make 'austrian' a language.....

Astherion
Extra Member

Postby Astherion » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:13 pm

The lyrics aren´t worse than the one brought in many English pop songs :wink: You should listen to the version they made in Brazilian Portuguese: the song title became " Festa no Apê"(Party in the Flat :x ).Terrible!
Madrid islocated in the region of Castilla.By the way many people (including me) prefer to say " castellano" (Castillan) instead of "español"(Spanish) for the main language spoken in Spain.I defend this plea pondering there are other languages in Spain(Galician,Basque,Catalonian...)

Makiavelli , thanks for explaining upon Moldavian/Romanian. Some books here affirm it´s a language and other a dialect.I visited a Romanian site and your mother tongue isn´t indeed so hard to understand as I thought.

makiavelli wrote:I don't listen this kind of music...and can not really understand their succes on the international scene( much more then in Romania).....you should read a translation of the songtext.....totaly crap
....In Spain, I was in Madrid( don't know in what region to place it)

euskadi commander
Kometal Fan

Postby euskadi commander » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:22 am

makiavelli wrote:
euskadi commander wrote:

Yep, you're wright...it's moldavian....but we do not recognize this language, we say that's just a dialect...but no, as far as I know they don't have much more slavic words than we are and it's totaly crap to say that moldavian is a language...they have only been for 60 years separated from us...so it couldn't been so much russian influence on the language...the 'problem' it's similar to the austrians...they speak also german....just few words are different...but that doesn't make 'austrian' a language.....

Well that's a political issue and I don't wanna talk about it. In the new constitution of Moldova (1994) it says that Moldovan is the official language of Moldova, so we recognise that on this forum.

And for the slavic words, I know some Romanians and we were amazed how many "common" words we have. And 90% were with slavic origin

makiavelli
Extra Member

Postby makiavelli » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:27 pm

Astherion wrote:The lyrics aren´t worse than the one brought in many English pop songs :wink: You should listen to the version they made in Brazilian Portuguese: the song title became " Festa no Apê"(Party in the Flat :x ).Terrible!

:D :D :D ...No, thanks!.. :wink: We have experienced a 'massive atack' of latino music( and movies also) in the past years and is still going on...we made also a mix of latino and gipsy music wich is very popular in Romania...and I'm so sick of it!!( No offense) :oops:

Burro
Regular

Postby Burro » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:10 pm

Hey guys! :lol:
I can speak Swedish, English and Portuguese.(I was a exchange student in Brazil two years ago). I understand Norwegian, Danish and German
I'd like to learn a slavic language, maybe Slovenian or Macedonian?
Hej då!
Bye!
Tchau Galera! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes I do understand it...and I agree with you.

Astherion
Extra Member

Postby Astherion » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:20 pm

So you speak Portuguese and I've sent you a message in English :shock:
Desculpa!
Mas é legal saber que mais alguém fala o mesmo idioma! :wink:

Burro wrote:Hey guys! :lol:
I can speak Swedish, English and Portuguese.(I was a exchange student in Brazil two years ago).
Hej då!
Bye!
Tchau Galera! :lol: :lol: :lol:

podravec

Postby podravec » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:38 pm

Krimfan wrote:I speak bad english, bad serbo-croatian, and the worst german even i have been learning it 8 years :? I understand 10% Macedonian or maybe 15 or is it 20 ? but understand 95% serbo/cro..

Serbo-croatian?! There is Serbian language and there is Croatian language. Besides many different words, the grammar is also different. Come on!

euskadi commander
Kometal Fan

Postby euskadi commander » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:39 pm

podravec wrote:
Krimfan wrote:I speak bad english, bad serbo-croatian, and the worst german even i have been learning it 8 years :? I understand 10% Macedonian or maybe 15 or is it 20 ? but understand 95% serbo/cro..

Serbo-croatian?! There is Serbian language and there is Croatian language. Besides many different words, the grammar is also different. Come on!

Ok, it wasn’t on purpose I believe, but he is not so wrong, since the language had that name until 1991.
However, I can hardly make a difference whether the person who speaks is Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian or Montenegrin.
Ok, I lied. I CAN’T make a difference.

We can talk about this in other topic if you want.

Romanticar
Regular

Postby Romanticar » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:34 pm

euskadi commander wrote:
podravec wrote:

Ok, it wasn’t on purpose I believe, but he is not so wrong, since the language had that name until 1991.
However, I can hardly make a difference whether the person who speaks is Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian or Montenegrin.
Ok, I lied. I CAN’T make a difference.

We can talk about this in other topic if you want.

I agree with euskadi. I wanted to say the same thing an hour ago but I felt too lazy to write. :lol:

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:49 pm

The difference between standard Serbian and standard Croatian is minimal. The understanding between the speakers is 100%. Yes, some words are different but only about 10%. And the only significant difference in grammar that I can remember is that in Serbian the construction "da+present" is used while in Croatian the infinitive is used instead.
I agree those are two separate languages but don't make it sound like we have trouble understanding each other.

vande
Regular

Postby vande » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:41 am

I thought I'd read a bit more on the current subject, and I found these Encyclopedia entries for Serbo-Croatian, or Croato-Serbian. Interesting read, and it would be nice if someone comments on the truthfullness and objectivity.
Now collecting votes for football game predicting!

podravec

Postby podravec » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:56 am

My point wasn't to say that we don't understand each other. The ring of serbian accent stirs emotions in Croatia.... Sorry, it just does.

martinmk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby martinmk » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:55 pm

I can't see any big difference between this two languages and i understand both. But i don't know their grammar so maybe there is some difference.

podravec

Postby podravec » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:00 pm

For instance:

Croatian: Hoćemo li ići?
Serbian: Hoćemo li da idemo?

Joanna, correct me if I'm wrong.

Return to “Off Topic”