Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:52 am

vlad_impaler wrote:
John wrote:Did they adopt that rule too? Because if they did then Omoregie can't play for Slovenia.


They should stop this s**t and adopt the rules of football. If I am not wrong, there if you played even for youth/juniors (official games), you are not eligible anymore for the seniors of a different country national team.

Otherwise, in handball Messi could still play for Qatar.

Aren't you sick of Qatar? Won silver in 2015, kicked en-titre EURO (2016) champions Germany in 2017.

Let's laugh with Qatar and bloody EHF!

Qatar flew in about 60 Spanish fans to cheer for Qatar during the 2015 World Championship. They were paid fans.

You know wrong. Only senior level counts. You can play for England/France/etc. as a junior and then choose Algeria/Morocco/etc. at senior level. But if you play for one country at senior level, then you cannot play for another. Very good rule IMHO.



User avatar
bajkalb
Extra Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 pm
Location: Hungary
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby bajkalb » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 am

vlad_impaler wrote:
bajkalb wrote:

Am I right that there is also a naturalized player in the Romanian NT? :-)


Yes, there is. Iulia Dumanska but she is living in Romania since the start of the high school (since almost 7 years ago, she arrived as minor). She studied and was formed here, played since youth. She even represented Romania Juniors.

Silviu wrote:^Yup, but Dumanska has started to play in Romania from her youth level, so I think her case is quite different.

@bajkalb: if you are referring to Gabi Szűcs, then yes, she is the perfect example of a naturalized player, having plaid in two national teams. :)


She isn't naturalised. In fact the Hungarians naturalised her, Gabi Szucs being born in Oradea, Romania. But of course, being of Hungarian origins, shouldn't be discussed from both parts. She also took Hungarian citizenship later. She holds dual nationality.

swarthofole wrote:shhh...don't tell anyone. 8-[


Nobody complains if you have 1, maybe even 2 naturalisations but when you reach medals like Qatar from 20th position in the World Champs, there is a problem. And I will be very vocal regarding women's handball, EHF should stop this. The Serbians should have represented their country, not f*** Qatar.


Everything are differnt when we are talking about our NT, even if it is quite the same. :-)

Btw, Krpez is a different example, as in my reading she won’t change het NT too. But im happy that she feels home here

User avatar
OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:36 am

Gojira wrote:You know wrong. Only senior level counts. You can play for England/France/etc. as a junior and then choose Algeria/Morocco/etc. at senior level. But if you play for one country at senior level, then you cannot play for another. Very good rule IMHO.

Where did you read? If you refer to this, then you may be wrong, because it was only a motion. Did you see this and also what Joana said above?
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

User avatar
swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 923
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: Bucharest
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby swarthofole » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 am

vlad_impaler wrote:
swarthofole wrote:shhh...don't tell anyone. 8-[


Nobody complains if you have 1, maybe even 2 naturalisations but when you reach medals like Qatar from 20th position in the World Champs, there is a problem. And I will be very vocal regarding women's handball, EHF should stop this. The Serbians should have represented their country, not f*** Qatar.


In some early posts in this topic I have stated my opinion on this matter. I am totally against naturalization and I even went further and said that's a matter of nationality and not citizenship imho (you don't have to agree with me). In other words, only Romanians should play for Romanian NT (excluding any kind on naturalization if a player doesn't have at least a parent from that country), otherwise we can not talk about NT, but multinational teams :D. The only multinational teams I know are club teams, therefore I think we should not cross that line.
So Omoregie, Barbosa, Managarova and Dumanska should not play for their adoptive countries (but again this is only my opinion).
Live long and prosper.

User avatar
Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 3566
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Podgorica - MONTENEGRO
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 am

OltchimRmValcea wrote:Where did you read? If you refer to this, then you may be wrong, because it was only a motion. Did you see this and also what Joana said above?


Gojira said how it's in football... One match for senior NT and you can't change for another.
Only for newly born country if UEFA agrees.
Image

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 am

OltchimRmValcea wrote:
Gojira wrote:You know wrong. Only senior level counts. You can play for England/France/etc. as a junior and then choose Algeria/Morocco/etc. at senior level. But if you play for one country at senior level, then you cannot play for another. Very good rule IMHO.

Where did you read? If you refer to this, then you may be wrong, because it was only a motion. Did you see this and also what Joana said above?

I was talking about football here.

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:13 am

swarthofole wrote:
vlad_impaler wrote:
swarthofole wrote:shhh...don't tell anyone. 8-[


Nobody complains if you have 1, maybe even 2 naturalisations but when you reach medals like Qatar from 20th position in the World Champs, there is a problem. And I will be very vocal regarding women's handball, EHF should stop this. The Serbians should have represented their country, not f*** Qatar.


In some early posts in this topic I have stated my opinion on this matter. I am totally against naturalization and I even went further and said that's a matter of nationality and not citizenship imho (you don't have to agree with me). In other words, only Romanians should play for Romanian NT (excluding any kind on naturalization if a player doesn't have at least a parent from that country), otherwise we can not talk about NT, but multinational teams :D. The only multinational teams I know are club teams, therefore I think we should not cross that line.
So Omoregie, Barbosa, Managarova and Dumanska should not play for their adoptive countries (but again this is only my opinion).

Managarova is a wrong example, since her parents are Russians. And she herself is Russian, who was born in the Soviet Union - in the Ukrainian part. On the other hand, she played for the Ukraine, so she should not play for Russia. It can get murky :D

User avatar
swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 923
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: Bucharest
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby swarthofole » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 am

If they are Russians with Russian citizenship, I agree with you. But if they are Russian ethnics with Ukrainian citizenship, I think my "theory" should work fine. I know she is born in Dnipropetrovsk, so let's say her case is very similar to Szucs's case.
Anyway, Qatar guys, Omoregie, Dumanska etc cases should not be possible if you stick to the nationality. I guess we can make exceptions only for those players where the things are really blurry. :D
I think it's only a matter of time for USA to get a competitive team if they really want this. :D
Live long and prosper.

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:55 am

swarthofole wrote:If they are Russians with Russian citizenship, I agree with you. But if they are Russian ethnics with Ukrainian citizenship, I think my "theory" should work fine. I know she is born in Dnipropetrovsk, so let's say her case is very similar to Szucs's case.
Anyway, Qatar guys, Omoregie, Dumanska etc cases should not be possible if you stick to the nationality. I guess we can make exceptions only for those players where the things are really blurry. :D
I think it's only a matter of time for USA to get a competitive team if they really want this. :D

But would they? They are used to watch incomprehensible sports :D

User avatar
eduardsson
Super Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby eduardsson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 am

bajkalb wrote:
vlad_impaler wrote:
bajkalb wrote:

Am I right that there is also a naturalized player in the Romanian NT? :-)


Yes, there is. Iulia Dumanska but she is living in Romania since the start of the high school (since almost 7 years ago, she arrived as minor). She studied and was formed here, played since youth. She even represented Romania Juniors.

Silviu wrote:^Yup, but Dumanska has started to play in Romania from her youth level, so I think her case is quite different.

@bajkalb: if you are referring to Gabi Szűcs, then yes, she is the perfect example of a naturalized player, having plaid in two national teams. :)


She isn't naturalised. In fact the Hungarians naturalised her, Gabi Szucs being born in Oradea, Romania. But of course, being of Hungarian origins, shouldn't be discussed from both parts. She also took Hungarian citizenship later. She holds dual nationality.

swarthofole wrote:shhh...don't tell anyone. 8-[


Nobody complains if you have 1, maybe even 2 naturalisations but when you reach medals like Qatar from 20th position in the World Champs, there is a problem. And I will be very vocal regarding women's handball, EHF should stop this. The Serbians should have represented their country, not f*** Qatar.


Everything are differnt when we are talking about our NT, even if it is quite the same. :-)

Btw, Krpez is a different example, as in my reading she won’t change het NT too. But im happy that she feels home here





YES, it's very different.


1) Dumanska has moved to Romania since she was 14, she started her professional career there, she got shaped and formed there. It's a very natural wish for her to play for a country that has given her everything in terms of her career.
2) Szcus was born in Romania, to a Romanian born father.

Krpez, on the other hand, has NOTHING to do with Hungary. Same with the other 2 players in your NT. They both came to play in your league and somehow ended up in your NT (don't ''Trisckuk married a HUN'' me, because in that case Amorim should have played for Macedonia). Same in your men's NT.

User avatar
Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 3566
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Podgorica - MONTENEGRO
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:01 am

eduardsson wrote:Krpez, on the other hand, has NOTHING to do with Hungary. Same with the other 2 players in your NT. They both came to play in your league and somehow ended up in your NT (don't ''Trisckuk married a HUN'' me, because in that case Amorim should have played for Macedonia). Same in your men's NT.


Totally agree...
And more embarrassing that she left her teammates and didn't play friendly matches in order to sign papers and make photo sessions with new passport... ](*,) [-X
Obradović would be an idiot to select her for final roster, I would give her a reserve place. :roll:
Image

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:21 am

1. NOONE said that Krpez will play in the Hungarian NT. It's only in your imagination.

2. It is absolutely none of your business who gets Hungarian citizenship.

User avatar
eduardsson
Super Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby eduardsson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:57 am

Gojira wrote:1. NOONE said that Krpez will play in the Hungarian NT. It's only in your imagination.

2. It is absolutely none of your business who gets Hungarian citizenship.



1) The OP posted this in the this thread, that happens to be called ''Player's naturalisation in women's handball''. So don't scream at me for this information, it's not my fault he has posted this here under this thread, so in this case ''I don't think it's my imagination'' - I replied based on a piece of information.

2) You're right. It's definitely not my problem the way your citizenships, based on long time bygone history and aspirations suiting the current political movement, are issued in your country. :)

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 am

eduardsson wrote:
Gojira wrote:1. NOONE said that Krpez will play in the Hungarian NT. It's only in your imagination.

2. It is absolutely none of your business who gets Hungarian citizenship.



1) The OP posted this in the this thread, that happens to be called ''Player's naturalisation in women's handball''. So don't scream at me for this information, it's not my fault he has posted this here under this thread, so in this case ''I don't think it's my imagination'' - I replied based on a piece of information.

2) You're right. It's definitely not my problem the way your citizenships, based on long time bygone history and aspirations suiting the current political movement, are issued in your country. :)


Re: 1. Better read the news first.

Re: 2. As you said, it is our problem. Keep it that way.

User avatar
eduardsson
Super Member
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby eduardsson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:51 am

Gojira wrote:
eduardsson wrote:
Gojira wrote:1. NOONE said that Krpez will play in the Hungarian NT. It's only in your imagination.

2. It is absolutely none of your business who gets Hungarian citizenship.



1) The OP posted this in the this thread, that happens to be called ''Player's naturalisation in women's handball''. So don't scream at me for this information, it's not my fault he has posted this here under this thread, so in this case ''I don't think it's my imagination'' - I replied based on a piece of information.

2) You're right. It's definitely not my problem the way your citizenships, based on long time bygone history and aspirations suiting the current political movement, are issued in your country. :)


Re: 1. Better read the news first.

Re: 2. As you said, it is our problem. Keep it that way.



1. Sure. My goal in life is reading news about who gets citizenship in Hungary :))

2. Yes, daddy.

User avatar
Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 3566
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Podgorica - MONTENEGRO
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:12 pm

Gojira,

Really, I don't care, we all saw Hungary is giving citizenship like chocolates.

But... Please find me an excuse where team captain is leaving teammates in the middle of preparations, missing two friendly matches with national team to attend some stupid event of signing papers and photo shooting with new passport and copatriots... ? :shock: ](*,)

Embarrassing!!!
Image

User avatar
swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 923
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 pm
Location: Bucharest
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby swarthofole » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Gojira wrote:
swarthofole wrote:If they are Russians with Russian citizenship, I agree with you. But if they are Russian ethnics with Ukrainian citizenship, I think my "theory" should work fine. I know she is born in Dnipropetrovsk, so let's say her case is very similar to Szucs's case.
Anyway, Qatar guys, Omoregie, Dumanska etc cases should not be possible if you stick to the nationality. I guess we can make exceptions only for those players where the things are really blurry. :D
I think it's only a matter of time for USA to get a competitive team if they really want this. :D

But would they? They are used to watch incomprehensible sports :D

I won't be surprised. There is still plenty of time till 2020. USA - the super-champions of all disciplines in the OG. :D
Just name a sport and they will come with a champion. :lol:
Maybe except table tennis. 8:) If they do not bring Xu Liu, the 100 percent american (Cherokee tribe).
Live long and prosper.

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Gojira,

Really, I don't care, we all saw Hungary is giving citizenship like chocolates.

But... Please find me an excuse where team captain is leaving teammates in the middle of preparations, missing two friendly matches with national team to attend some stupid event of signing papers and photo shooting with new passport and copatriots... ? :shock: ](*,)

Embarrassing!!!

Why should I? It was not me who left the team, I didn't give citizenship to anyone. If you read my previous posts then you'd know that I'm against naturalization for handballing goals. Regarding the Cubans: I didn't like it that time, but I could understand the players. If you have the choice of staying in Europe or going back to Cuba, what would be yours?

As for leaving the team - it's her and her team's business, not ours. Moreover, it is not Krpez who sets the date for signing the papers, but the bloody offices.

Moreover again. Krpez has been living in Érd for years. There was absolutely no talk of her playing in the Hungarian NT. It is quite different from the case of the Tunisian (who I hope will never play in our NT). So I just fail to see what is embarrasing apart from the noise made by some here.

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:26 pm

swarthofole wrote:
Gojira wrote:
swarthofole wrote:If they are Russians with Russian citizenship, I agree with you. But if they are Russian ethnics with Ukrainian citizenship, I think my "theory" should work fine. I know she is born in Dnipropetrovsk, so let's say her case is very similar to Szucs's case.
Anyway, Qatar guys, Omoregie, Dumanska etc cases should not be possible if you stick to the nationality. I guess we can make exceptions only for those players where the things are really blurry. :D
I think it's only a matter of time for USA to get a competitive team if they really want this. :D

But would they? They are used to watch incomprehensible sports :D

I won't be surprised. There is still plenty of time till 2020. USA - the super-champions of all disciplines in the OG. :D
Just name a sport and they will come with a champion. :lol:
Maybe except table tennis. 8:) If they do not bring Xu Liu, the 100 percent american (Cherokee tribe).

And football. They k**f up big time - no World Cup for them :D (I mean men's, the women's version is actually much better)

User avatar
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1015
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:12 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 411 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby vlad_impaler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:28 pm

:-| Guys, calm down! In my opinion some people shouldn't close their eyes even if they would be happy with this, whilst all the fault is of the bloody EHF. Shame on EHF!

And btw, I think we should also have a different thread regarding simple passport.

PS. Because if we close our eyes, it will easily happen like in other sports when a Chinese is representing Germany, any country of Europe and they are all happy with the medals (but in fact the level of sport there is of 20th position, bloody Qatar with Spaniards, Serbians and so on).

No for mercenaries.

EHF should adopt the football rules. Szucs is Romanian born, but if she played first for Hungary, then you can't play anymore for Romania. Even though the Hungarians actually really naturalised her first because she was born in Oradea.

If Krpez played all of her life for Serbia, then she is committed to Serbia. Serbia is no Syria. But yet again maybe she only got, received also a Hungarian passport. This topic title isn't good.

User avatar
Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 3566
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Podgorica - MONTENEGRO
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Gojira,

Why should you?
Because you posted like you are refering to me or someone else.
I was just blaming her decision to leave the team for such a stupid event. And you came to enlighten me/us that's my/ours imagination, and it's not our business who gets Hungarian passport.
Yeah, bloody offices, in the middle of preparations... Sure... [-X :lol: :lol:

I am sure they gave her a passport for handballing goals!
Image

User avatar
Joana
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2104
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:26 am
Location: Serbia
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Joana » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. We all know how bureaucracy works and timing was unfortunate, that's all. And in the end, those were just a couple of days, she had just played two friendlies against Slovakia, chances are she wouldn't have even played full time against Montenegro, or even played at all, just like Radičević skipped the 2nd match.
Moreover, she's not some newbie who needs to gel with the team, she's the most experienced one out there and everyone knows what can be expected from her.
And those "preparations" for NT handball tournaments are a joke anyway. I think everyone's main goal is not to have their players get injured.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Gojira,

Why should you?
Because you posted like you are refering to me or someone else.
I was just blaming her decision to leave the team for such a stupid event. And you came to enlighten me/us that's my/ours imagination, and it's not our business who gets Hungarian passport.
Yeah, bloody offices, in the middle of preparations... Sure... [-X :lol: :lol:

I am sure they gave her a passport for handballing goals!

I'm envious of your omnipotence.

User avatar
Gojira
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:06 pm
Location: Budapest
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby Gojira » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:02 pm

vlad_impaler wrote::-| Guys, calm down! In my opinion some people shouldn't close their eyes even if they would be happy with this, whilst all the fault is of the bloody EHF. Shame on EHF!

And btw, I think we should also have a different thread regarding simple passport.

PS. Because if we close our eyes, it will easily happen like in other sports when a Chinese is representing Germany, any country of Europe and they are all happy with the medals (but in fact the level of sport there is of 20th position, bloody Qatar with Spaniards, Serbians and so on).

No for mercenaries.

EHF should adopt the football rules. Szucs is Romanian born, but if she played first for Hungary, then you can't play anymore for Romania. Even though the Hungarians actually really naturalised her first because she was born in Oradea.

If Krpez played all of her life for Serbia, then she is committed to Serbia. Serbia is no Syria. But yet again maybe she only got, received also a Hungarian passport. This topic title isn't good.

I tend to agree with you.

User avatar
John
:::Handball Expert:::
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:16 pm
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: Players' naturalisation in women's handball

Postby John » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:06 pm

TELEVISA presenta "Handball 123" :lol:


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anol, Google [Bot], maz and 3 guests