Danish League 2018/19

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
maz
Extra Member

Re: Danish League 2018/19

Postby maz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:51 am

A pretty special talent is having her daily routine in Gudme HK at the moment. Cecilie Bjerre. Physical and with one of the best shots I've ever seen on a 17 year old player. Fair to say that everytime Gudme has used her on their 1st Division team, she has been the best player on the court - and she's still only 17. 2 matches in 1st Division, 10 goals.

I really want Aarhus United to be proactive and get Cecilie Bjerre before other and bigger teams might open their eyes towards her talent. The team needs a shooter like her who already has some of the DNA, Heine Eriksen wants in a player. She's similar to Celine Lundbye, just right-handed.

AC Lundbye is another Gudme-player who is very interesting. Gudme is a talent goldmine and it's really benefiting the teams that want to take a chance on these players.

guesthand

Postby guesthand » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:38 pm

AB10
Regular

Postby AB10 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:22 pm

This time around I think it's safe to say though that neither of the Müllers are at fault. Ridiculously unprofessional from RHK and it has been from the beginning. It absolutely peaked when they put a lock on her rights within the league for the remainder of the season though. If you deem you're not financially fit to employ her without involving shady sponsors, at least let her be able to find a job within her profession elsewhere.

Anol

Postby Anol » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:23 am

Can anyone remind me, which positions in the top 8 go into group A and B in the playoffs?

AB10
Regular

Postby AB10 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 am

Anol wrote:Can anyone remind me, which positions in the top 8 go into group A and B in the playoffs?

Unless they've changed the format from last season:

A: 1, 4, 5, 8
B: 2, 3, 6, 7

Anol

Postby Anol » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:34 pm

I think Maz can begin to look forward to the playoffs. Unless they have a complete meltdown there is no way TTH will catch them considering the games the two teams have left

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:50 am

Anol wrote:I think Maz can begin to look forward to the playoffs. Unless they have a complete meltdown there is no way TTH will catch them considering the games the two teams have left

I am almost scared at how good it is looking. This group of players might actually take us to the playoffs already. Fantastic. Special group :D

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 pm

This team is actually *ALMOST* playoff bound. What a journey it has been :p

Anol

Postby Anol » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:11 pm

With TTH's unexpected point in Odense and the completely unpredictable Randers beating Silkeborg tonight the battle for the last spot in the playoffs is wide open.

TTH have Randers(at home), Cph(away), HIH(at home) and Viborg(away)
Silkeborg have Cph(at home) HIH(away), VHK(at home) and EH Aalborg(away)

Looks to be a very exciting last round for the two teams

Who can tell me what matters if they end up with the same amount of point. Is it "indbyrdes opgør"?

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 am

Has the playoff system changed in this season? If not, does it mean that the four semifinalists have 36 league games (26 + 6 + 2 + 2) in the season?
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

Anol

Postby Anol » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:31 am

Germanicus wrote:Has the playoff system changed in this season? If not, does it mean that the four semifinalists have 36 league games (26 + 6 + 2 + 2) in the season?

it's the same system. Though you are a little off on the number of games. It can potentially be 26+6+3+3. That's because the semi's and final is "first to 3 points" So potentially 38 games, as it indeed was last year for all 4 teams

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:52 am

I see, thank you.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

Anol

Postby Anol » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:18 pm

So VHK fires the manager of the club citing due diligence.
"Nu fordeler vi opgaverne mellem os, og der vil ikke foreløbig blive ansat en ny direktør, siger formanden, som mener, at det er rettidig omhu at skære organisationen til, så man i stedet kan fastholde klubbens sportslige niveau."

I must admit that made me chuckle a little bit. Due diligence??? They have been haemorrhaging money for a decade at least, and NOW it's time for due diligence. Please...

What's worrying is that maybe the situation in VHK is worse than I thought. When they had deficits for the past 3 years of 1.25, 1.86 and 2.19 million kroner it wasn't time for due diligence. what has changed? :-k

https://viborg-folkeblad.dk/sport/Press ... kel/413232

Anol

Postby Anol » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:53 am

hhhhmm, in this article the reporter writes: "Dermed har Team Esbjerg næsten holdet på plads til den kommende sæson. Serbiske Kristina Liscevic skal dog også erstattes, så Team Esbjerg arbejder lige nu på at tilknytte en ekstra spiller til bagkæden"

Does that mean that we are not looking for another right back. If it is a matter of that we can't afford to sign a quality RB, then I would rather just they sign a talented youngster that is good enough to actually pressure Line Jørgensen. Cos Line needs a break in every game, so whoever they would sign would get playing time everyweek. In two years Rut Jonsdottir hasn't even played 60 minutes of handball combined. I want her gone.

https://www.jv.dk/sport/Team-Esbjerg-tr ... el/2691538

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Esbjerg - Odense isn't on Danish TV? :shock:
idle banter.

Anol

Postby Anol » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:41 pm

HB9 wrote:Esbjerg - Odense isn't on Danish TV? :shock:

Nope, neither is NFH-Kbh
They are broadcasting All England instead #-o

Anol

Postby Anol » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:58 am

Gonna be an interesting last round. Things we know for sure:
Odense and NFH will be in group A
Esbjerg, Aarhus and Viborg will be in group B
If Aarhus can take the win in Cph and HIH, as I suspect they will, wins against NFH, then HIH move past Cph in the table and be placed in group B. Which I honestly would much prefer.

Who will be relegated?
EH Aalborg host Silkeborg And Skanderborg host Ringkøbing.
Seeing as Silkeborg are playing like rubbish at the moment, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Aalborg can grabthe two points in this game. So my money is on Ringkøbing making the journey to the 1st division. That would ofcause also mean that TTH would grab the 8th spot and send Silkeborg on an early summerholiday.

My guess for the final standing before the playoffs is
1.Odense
2. Esbjerg
3. Cph
4. Herning
5: NFH
6. AAU
7. VHK
8. TTH
9. SIL
10. Skanderborg
11. Randers
12. Ajax
13. EH Aalborg
14. Ringkøbing
Care to guess with me?

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Aarhus is ready to finally play in the playoff. Been a long wait but we've never had a team with this talent and fight before, so they really deserve it. Should be a good atmosphere.

It's already an incredibly important match against HIH against a team that has certainly been capable of stopping everything the Aarhus-players have brought this season. In the two matches this season, Aarhus was way too one dimensional with no outside threat. Lundbye much more integrated now and Simone P has developed quite the shot, so I think it will be a different match and it's winnable. Hopefully. HIH aren't usually good at stopping the 1v1-players.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:34 am

Quiet in here so I'll take my freedom and post about some youth handball. A special team. The u16 Danish Champions HEI/VRI =D>

DM had two "foreningshold" present but it was not a shock whatsoever. Mejdal/Halgård and HEI/VRI has been part of the top of the generation for a long time but it's cool to see two teams getting this far without having to recruit from other places. 10 out of 12 HEI/VRI players has played for the club since they were 7-8 years old. Mejdal/Halgård has two incredible players in their backcourt with Tea Hein and Mathilde Troelsen and I was annoyed that they couldn't beat FIF to get to the final but it was the two best teams in Denmark meeting in the final. FIF and HEI/VRI.

FIF has Clara Skøtt who is certainly the best left hand in the country. She is spectacular but even though FIF tried their hardest, they couldn't really control HEI/VRI in attack. They play smart and are incredibly good at creating space for each other and attacking that space. We have Anna Berger Wierzba around Aarhud United and we also have her sister Maria Berger Wierzba who was the player of the tournament. Still haven't seen a team in her own agegroup that could handle her explosiveness and great finishing. Anne Sofie Ottosen Møller, another sister, has a great shot from distance, Julie Kragh is a swiss-knife who can play any position, Sofie Sandager has some great finishes from the wing.

Good thing I'm not Heine Eriksen because I would probably invite all these players to play on the youth national team.

Did not watch the u18-final but I can see that HIH won again. No surprise there.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:45 pm

maz wrote:Quiet in here so I'll take my freedom and post about some youth handball. A special team. The u16 Danish Champions HEI/VRI =D>

DM had two "foreningshold" present but it was not a shock whatsoever. Mejdal/Halgård and HEI/VRI has been part of the top of the generation for a long time but it's cool to see two teams getting this far without having to recruit from other places. 10 out of 12 HEI/VRI players has played for the club since they were 7-8 years old. Mejdal/Halgård has two incredible players in their backcourt with Tea Hein and Mathilde Troelsen and I was annoyed that they couldn't beat FIF to get to the final but it was the two best teams in Denmark meeting in the final. FIF and HEI/VRI.

FIF has Clara Skøtt who is certainly the best left hand in the country. She is spectacular but even though FIF tried their hardest, they couldn't really control HEI/VRI in attack. They play smart and are incredibly good at creating space for each other and attacking that space. We have Anna Berger Wierzba around Aarhud United and we also have her sister Maria Berger Wierzba who was the player of the tournament. Still haven't seen a team in her own agegroup that could handle her explosiveness and great finishing. Anne Sofie Ottosen Møller, another sister, has a great shot from distance, Julie Kragh is a swiss-knife who can play any position, Sofie Sandager has some great finishes from the wing.

Good thing I'm not Heine Eriksen because I would probably invite all these players to play on the youth national team.

Did not watch the u18-final but I can see that HIH won again. No surprise there.

Thanks for this enthusiastic update - good to see that you have high hopes for the Danish talents as always. It´s nice to know which players to look out for in the future. I´ll take a mental note of the names Clara Skøtt and Maria Wierzba ;)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:51 pm

red and white wrote:
maz wrote:Quiet in here so I'll take my freedom and post about some youth handball. A special team. The u16 Danish Champions HEI/VRI =D>

Thanks for this enthusiastic update - good to see that you have high hopes for the Danish talents as always. It´s nice to know which players to look out for in the future. I´ll take a mental note of the names Clara Skøtt and Maria Wierzba ;)

It's my pleasure - especially when it's an Aarhus team winning :lol: I think I'll post a bit more about youth handball up to the Euros, so we can get some good discussions about it :p

Anol

Postby Anol » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 pm

So here we are, the semi's are up next
I don't know about you guys, but I find it really hard to predict who will come out on top.
Esbjerg are on good form, but have a terrible history against Cph this season, but then again Cph seem to struggle finding the kind of consistency you need at this point in the tournament. Odense are possibly without Højlund on saturday and could lose the first game to HIH even though it's in Odense. Gonna be exciting games.

Return to “Female Handball”