Urgent request.

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
LokomotivaFan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby LokomotivaFan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:37 pm

skotte wrote:As far I can see form the first message in this case. I understand that RK Metkovic left and never returned and finished the game. That a big difference to the present case :shock:

That's right, Metkovic didn't return to the court. The game was regestered 10:0 in Zagreb's favour.

The story behind this incident goes much deeper and can't be comapred to Anja's.

euskadi commander
Kometal Fan

Postby euskadi commander » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:39 am

zero wrote:at first, coach and manager of metkovic was punished with 2 years, and after 4/5 of that time he was coach of metkovic again

zero??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Jesus . . .

People, meet our first foreign member on the forum (since the time of our old forum). :D

It’s been a long time zero, welcome back and I hope you’ll stay! :D

Sorry for the off topic, please continue with the subject :wink:

slagelsefan
Extra Member

Postby slagelsefan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:42 am

Interestingly enough, EHF shot themselves in the foot. In an interview, an EHF-spokesperson (I think it was one of the three judges) said that the verdict was not the result of Anjas behaviour towards refs - that was not for EHF to judge - but only a result of Anja commanding the team to leave for 3 min.

With this argument and the precedence, any civil judge worth his salt will dismiss the sanction, unless he wants to be the laughingstock of his profession.

OneBYOne
Extra Member

Postby OneBYOne » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:15 pm

slagelsefan wrote:Interestingly enough, EHF shot themselves in the foot. In an interview, an EHF-spokesperson (I think it was one of the three judges) said that the verdict was not the result of Anjas behaviour towards refs - that was not for EHF to judge - but only a result of Anja commanding the team to leave for 3 min.

With this argument and the precedence, any civil judge worth his salt will dismiss the sanction, unless he wants to be the laughingstock of his profession.

Well I think they're the laughing stock of their profession right now after what they've done (the EHF).

It reminds me of a judge here in Denmark, a case where a husbond had raped his wife because she didn't wanted to sleep with him (6 days or so they last had sleept together). Well the judges verdict was that a husbond has right to sex at least twice a weak or something like that! Nothing about it in the law, but that's his verdict. He did also loose his job if I remember correctly. The same will probably happen to someone at the EHF, and DHF now when SDT makes their appeal to a higher curt.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:52 pm

OneBYOne wrote:
It reminds me of a judge here in Denmark, a case where a husbond had raped his wife because she didn't wanted to sleep with him (6 days or so they last had sleept together). Well the judges verdict was that a husbond has right to sex at least twice a weak or something like that! Nothing about it in the law, but that's his verdict. He did also loose his job if I remember correctly. The same will probably happen to someone at the EHF, and DHF now when SDT makes their appeal to a higher curt.

Jesus Christ :shock:
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

euphoria
Regular

Postby euphoria » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:44 pm

OneBYOne wrote:
slagelsefan wrote:Interestingly enough, EHF shot themselves in the foot. In an interview, an EHF-spokesperson (I think it was one of the three judges) said that the verdict was not the result of Anjas behaviour towards refs - that was not for EHF to judge - but only a result of Anja commanding the team to leave for 3 min.

Well I think they're the laughing stock of their profession right now after what they've done (the EHF).

That is the most stupid comparison I have ever seen :x

Most people I have met think that the verdict is a bit harsh, but that is history now. Suck it up and get on with your life.

I can easily sympathize with people thinking that Anja got punished more than she deserved, but to start a smear-campaign against DHF or EHF only falls back on Slagelse and their followers, and the above story has absolutely no place in this discussion.
with kind regards
Erik

OneBYOne
Extra Member

Postby OneBYOne » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:54 pm

euphoria wrote:
OneBYOne wrote:

That is the most stupid comparison I have ever seen :x

Most people I have met think that the verdict is a bit harsh, but that is history now. Suck it up and get on with your life.

I can easily sympathize with people thinking that Anja got punished more than she deserved, but to start a smear-campaign against DHF or EHF only falls back on Slagelse and their followers, and the above story has absolutely no place in this discussion.

Talk nice, or you'll get your own words right back in your face!

Yes it has, it's a comparison of how judges can let their emotion run over with their duties, like in this case. The only difference is the content, but if the content was the same it wasn't a comparison then it's a similar case.

slagelsefan
Extra Member

Postby slagelsefan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:05 pm

To get back on track - danish legal minds continue to critisize DHF.

Director of serbian federation, Radoslav Sljivancanin (he's director, right?) critizised EHF's decision. Apparently this has evolved into an official complaint.

The danish media has now discovered the example with Knjaz Milos' coach getting a 2 min. suspension after a similar situation - danish media TV2 tells the story under the headline "EHF has an explanation problem".

Finally, in their decision DHF said that they had decided to contact the EHF because it would hurt "the public sense of justice" (retsfølelse) if Anja could train internationally - which, in a weird way, also makes the public opinion of legal value: TV2 made a survey, which now includes a little under 15.000 votes:

Anjas suspensions are allright 19 %
A danish suspension would have been enough 12 %
She should have been punished harder 5 %
The sanctions are an overreaction 64 %

zero
Extra Member

Postby zero » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:53 am

euskadi commander wrote:
zero wrote:at first, coach and manager of metkovic was punished with 2 years, and after 4/5 of that time he was coach of metkovic again

zero??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Jesus . . .

People, meet our first foreign member on the forum (since the time of our old forum). :D

It’s been a long time zero, welcome back and I hope you’ll stay! :D

Sorry for the off topic, please continue with the subject :wink:

Thank you very much, euskadi!
now I see lokomotivafan,podravec,picek,red queen.....take my place and you have got good informations, but I am still here and I am still in love with handball!
Croatia - land with 1000 islands !

slagelsefan
Extra Member

Postby slagelsefan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:21 pm

Hey - sorry to bring this topic out of the grave, but hilarious events are afoot:

27/3: DHF announces on its homepage that it has recieved a letter from IHF's president Hassan Moustafa, in which he wrotes he completely agrees with the sanctions because unsportsmanlike behaviour should be punished.

SDT inquires IHF about the background for supporting the sanctions, and IHF and Hassan Moustafa sends SDT this letter, which is a copy of a letter sent by IHF and Hassan Moustafa to DHF (it's in english):

http://www.slagelsedt.dk/fileadmin/user ... dersen.PDF

It is dated, and therefore faxed to, DHF 28/3. So either IHF and Moustafa screwed up and left DHF out to dry - or DHF misunderstood? These are the people running our handball federations, guys.

(And I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a snob, but that's simply the worst spelling I've seen in an "official" letter..!).

Return to “Female Handball”