Romania NT

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Romania NT

Postby kleber » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

7 years? :D

Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 pm

@kleber
it's never too late :P (to dump Ambros :evil: ).
Live long and prosper.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Do we know why he kept in defence players with 2 suspensions when he - for example - had Tomescu on bench? I'm not saying that would have changed much, but was she not the reason why he brought 3 pivots, so she could play as a defender? Did she play for one second this evening? At least during the last 2-3 minutes, when all players already on court were tired and most probably lost their heads.

swarthofole wrote:I know one could say "he didn't have much time to do so"

And who's fault is that, when he arrived in Romania on November 24, just in time to catch first game of the Carpathian Trophy... Lucky us! Since then he had 3 (three) preparation matches with his (?) team. Unfortunately, unlike previous years, the assistant coach is mediocre.

I'm not for a coach change now, but his contract should be adjusted in order to force him to spend much more time with our team. We should also look for a new assistant coach.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 pm

I didn't say I want him fired, I said I don't want a part-time coach. This team deserves more, this is Romanian NT, not Congo for Christ sake. And in this moments I seriously doubt he'd be the proper coach for us (but I'd give him one more chance).
Most important thing: I don't see that rebuilded team, I see only new (and some useless) players sitting on the bench and taking water to Neagu. ](*,)
Live long and prosper.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:32 pm

You won the group...that's not bad at all :) But then lost to the 4th team which Norway beat 34-16 in group play... even when Neagu scored 13 goals, it's just unthinkable how U could lose against such a team... It is kind of funny though, why waste energy to win a group??? :)
I remember Ryde didn't care, and used the time to form a well playing team instead :)
Last edited by Mr. 007 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 pm

It's true we won the group, but we didn't show good handball. All Romanians know that, even the most biased ones.
Any of that games could have turned like this one. So it was about luck, not quality.
Live long and prosper.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 pm

swarthofole wrote:So this WCh is finished for us (I really don't care about games for 9-16 places).

i have good news then, it won't be any placement matches. :)

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:10 am

Like somebody cares about it... :D
Live long and prosper.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 am

FRH president considers that Romania is on the right track and the results are as good as expected and the (eventual) 9th place fulfills all his dreams. He even said that we finished better than an ex-champion (Brazil) and Poland and this is very good for us.

Other people think this NT is on the right track only in his squared head and finishing in front of Brazil or Poland is not like finishing in front of Norway/ France etc with all do respect for Brazilian/ Polish NT. Maybe in a few years we will be happy to leave Angola behind (which is quite possible considering the constant development of handball in this country) and Argentina (again no offense intended).
Live long and prosper.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 am

Gheorghe Tadici agrees with me: we need a full time coach. But he also tells us funny things (it seems AM also trained Hungary :D ).

http://www.digisport.ro/Sport/HANDBAL/T ... maniei+la+
Live long and prosper.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:02 am

swarthofole wrote:Gheorghe Tadici agrees with me: we need a full time coach. But he also tells us funny things (it seems AM also trained Hungary :D ).

http://www.digisport.ro/Sport/HANDBAL/T ... maniei+la+

He did. Martin, Elek and Beata Siti took care of the team between March - June 2016 for 4 matches in the qualification for the Euro 2016. It was a temporary solution, after Andras Nemeth was released and while they were negotiating with Rasmussen.
Here's one of the match reports (http://statistics.eurohandball.com/repo ... 2010102053) and you can find the rest on eurohandball.com

Not saying a full time coach wouldn't be great, but check how many of them are full time amongst the teams in the 1/4.
I think the full time argument oversimplifies the discussion and doesn't look at all the factors of the team's early exit (and I am NOT talking about refs anymore).

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:26 pm

mikh wrote:He did. Martin, Elek and Beata Siti took care of the team between March - June 2016 for 4 matches in the qualification for the Euro 2016. It was a temporary solution, after Andras Nemeth was released and while they were negotiating with Rasmussen.

I would rather call that "sitting on the bench". :D
This is the reason I was calling them "funny things".

mikh wrote:Not saying a full time coach wouldn't be great, but check how many of them are full time amongst the teams in the 1/4.
I think the full time argument oversimplifies the discussion and doesn't look at all the factors of the team's early exit (and I am NOT talking about refs anymore).

If you really want to rebuild, you need a full time coaching mostly for guidance (for the newcomers), but not only. You need to know all about some players you haven't seen before and to observe their evolution. You can't do that training also Gyor, that's really obvious.
And of course there are so many reasons for our early exit, but I think this is the first thing on the list: the part-time coach. No need to say that almost all the teams that count in this equation of world handball have full-time coaches.
Live long and prosper.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Ech, you see, it is hard for me to commit to such a decisive argument such as "the MAIN factor for X is Y", since it is difficult to measure their impact and further quantify it.

I am not contradicting you, just saying your argument might not be complete and you might just look at the issue the way you feel about it now.
I'll give you an example. You say that "almost all the teams that count in this equation of world handball have full-time coaches".
My answer is:
1.from the semifinalists at this WCh, Sweden and Netherlands don't (that's 2/4);
2.at the same time, the opposite holds: many good full time coaches didn't succeed and some of them are making their supporters very unhappy (KBJ, Rasmussen);
3. the team performed excellently with Ryde (also part time).

I don't think a part time coach is such a big problem. A problem might be a part time coach with no clear rules about his activity. About Martin, I think we can only speculate, because none of us knows what's his level of involvement with the team while he is in Hungary.

Not trying to be the devil's advocate, but I think our biggest problem might just lay somewhere else.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 pm

mikh wrote:My answer is:
1.from the semifinalists at this WCh, Sweden and Netherlands don't (that's 2/4);
2.at the same time, the opposite holds: many good full time coaches didn't succeed and some of them are making their supporters very unhappy (KBJ, Rasmussen);
3. the team performed excellently with Ryde (also part time).

1. Signell at least is Swedish, so we can say he know Swedish players better. Like you or me when speaking about Romanian players vs rest of the world and so on.
and beside that, this is his first good result. Let's see if he can do it again next tournament. Helle Thomsen got already a TEAM, and I dare to say this is also valid for Ryde (the players knew each other very well).

2. if they don't succeed, it might be a coach problem. I could train Romania full time, but this doesn't mean I will do a great job. on the other hand I think AM will do.

3. again, Ryde had many experienced players and this is not the case now.
Live long and prosper.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:26 pm

I agree with NT lot towards Russia 21-25 March except 2 players Iuganu-Popa showed absolutely nothing in Germany....and also Laslo a huge dissapointing for me, perhaps more usefull should be Nicoleta Tudor near Zamfirescu (center couple defenders)....Tudor deserved to be in Germany (last year december) and also in France this year... :-k #-o :doubt:

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:43 am

It seems Cristina Florianu has a shoulder injury and this is the reason for her absence.

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/ha ... n-17063812
Live long and prosper.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 pm

swarthofole wrote:It seems Cristina Florianu has a shoulder injury and this is the reason for her absence.

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/ha ... n-17063812

Also Melinda Geiger ! (will be absent)
http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/ha ... c-17065219

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Who is Melinda Geiger? 8-)
Live long and prosper.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 pm

These are romanian national players capable of decent to good defence....
Elisei 1,71
Neagu 1,80
Zamfirescu 1,78 / Pristavita 1,76
Dragut 1,87
Bacaoanu 1,77 / Pintea 1,86
Chiper 1,73

Unfortunately N.Tudor 1,83 is not there.(near Zamfirescu or Pintea)

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:19 pm

I just saw the first half of the game against Russia and I am really amazed: coach Martin found that Laslo is usefull on the RB. :shock: :shock: :shock:
When I was thinking there is nothing more hilarious than Zamfirescu defending to Dmitrieva (or Vedekhina), Ambros Martin teaches me another valuable lesson: there is certainly room for more. =D> =D> =D>
So this guy proved once again he doesn't know s**t about Romania and Romanian players.
Ok, I understand the guy can't attack, but he doesn't know how to defend either. And of course we don't have 7x Neagu in attack or 7x Bradeanu in defense, but still...that bad?!?! And how did he manage to destroy the collective game in such short time after WCh??
I regret so much Ryde...
Live long and prosper.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:11 pm

On second half our atacks suffered of lack of ideas (too simply of looking always to find the pivot) ...
Neagu was taken close by russians as we expected but though, she has not her day (3 bars!) missed a penalty and also some throws on second half.... She was obliged to shoot from unfavourables positions.
Chiper was amazing FH and she proved we can rely on her if she received good passes (when Neagu has to be taken from opponent team)...though she has an unexpected miss on last seconds from favourable position, miss that could be costly...
Popa-Iuganu ....no comment ( " qousque tandem abutere Catillina patientia nostra ?")....
Zamfirescu,Bacaoanu,Florica,Bazaliu deserved more confidence from coach.
Udristioiu may be she tried too much,more than she can...may be Ambros tried to improve speedatack and make some debalances on russian defence by her running from right to center.
Pintea was Pintea with her good and bad ,but I think at this rithm and levell she can get only 30-40 min (40 min is to think though) and you must have a proper solution to that.
Dragut a player of moral,sometimes she "disappeared" from matchplay (if she has a double is OK) . She can not play efficiently but 20-30 min.
Buceschi is a player not a world top levell but she can sometimes solve goals crisis, a match from 3 ....
Pristavita honest play today.
Dedu today higher than her usual levell...
This win was obtained with some tactics and a lot of heart ,and spectators will(pressure). =D>

Veselin

Postby Veselin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:24 pm

Referees didn’t have the same standards for Russia and Romania.In every a little stronger attack they gave counter-attack to Russia,in 56th minute I don’t know how they didn’t give 7m for Snopova,it was big contact in goalkeeper’s space.Great performance by Vedekhina and Dragut.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:55 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:
Buceschi is a player not a world top levell but she can sometimes solve goals crisis, a match from 3 ....

Buceschi will be world class when she will focus all the time when she is on court. She has so many good skills and others which can be improved, I hope she does it. We really need a world class CB who can take the pressure on Neagu. Eliza did that in many games (with Norway, Denmark @ WCh 2015 are good examples), but unfortunately she disappears when they need her badly. That's the main problem to solve.

Veselin wrote:
Referees didn’t have the same standards for Russia and Romania.In every a little stronger attack they gave counter-attack to Russia,in 56th minute I don’t know how they didn’t give 7m for Snopova,it was big contact in goalkeeper’s space.Great performance by Vedekhina and Dragut.

The refs were bad. I imagine Dmitrieva will state that her team lost because of them. :lol:
Live long and prosper.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:05 pm

Veselin wrote:Referees didn’t have the same standards for Russia and Romania.In every a little stronger attack they gave counter-attack to Russia,in 56th minute I don’t know how they didn’t give 7m for Snopova,it was big contact in goalkeeper’s space.Great performance by Vedekhina and Dragut.

Personally I didn't see some bad intentions in what they whistled; they made (some) errors both sides ,may be they were a little bit overwhelmed by hot atmosphere (8.600 spectators). They are too young (not very much experience....but we have to start from somewhere didn't we...). To understand what I previous said is useful to read this :

https://vafo.dk/trekantomraadet/Karina- ... kel/468388
Last edited by Doru Delavale on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:16 pm

swarthofole wrote:
Doru Delavale wrote:

Buceschi will be world class when she will focus all the time when she is on court. She has so many good skills and others which can be improved, I hope she does it. We really need a world class CB who can take the pressure on Neagu. Eliza did that in many games (with Norway, Denmark @ WCh 2015 are good examples), but unfortunately she disappears when they need her badly. That's the main problem to solve.

Veselin wrote:

The refs were bad. I imagine Dmitrieva will state that her team lost because of them. :lol:

Eliza made a very good job - something similar what he did with Russia yesterday - in WHC Germany 2017, but I don't remember if it was match against Slovenia or Spain ? :-k

Return to “Female Handball”