Champions League 2012/13 Group Stage R5

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
silvius
Extra Member

Re: Champions League 2012/13 Group Stage R5

Postby silvius » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Shame on me. I was wondering why I don't see Katalin Palinger at Gyor and I've just read that she retired this summer. ](*,)
Still, Gyor may have problems if Katrin will get some serious injury. Her reserve can't replace her properly.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 pm

barry.romania wrote: but Randers lost many players, though also signed some. in this formula I don`t see Randers winning the title in Denmark. I would be surprised.

Maybe they won't win it but will fight with chances.Look how Viborg plays.I would rate FCM as nr.1 title contender.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Randers even if it`s finishing third this season in Denmark after FCM and VHK or maybe second with some luck, is a team with some really good players, good defense and tactic. Aguilar, Dalby, Siraba Dembele, Agren, Jakobsen, Andersen, Masson in goal, they shouldn`t be understimated! I`m not sure the squad of FTC is better.

Des57 wrote:Maybe they won't win it but will fight with chances.Look how Viborg plays.I would rate FCM as nr.1 title contender.

I also rate FCM as nr.1. but I agree the fight is in 3! we talk of same tier teams. Viborg will get back its all players, Randers could get more homogeneity.

by the way, about Viborg... I think this coach can get results with this club in the internal league but for Europe he doesn`t know much. even if he would have a full squad he wouldn`t handle too much. Jan Leslie from Randers is much better, very good tactician.

I don`t like criticizing somebody because I might be wrong but Martin Albertsen won the EHF Cup with VHK in the past, last year with him the club got a CWC final. so I`ve expekted more from him after these European experiences. but the Champions League competition is supreme! so maybe he can`t.

Viborg could try signing Kim Rasmussen from the Polish NT if they will ever want change. or Vlad Caba from my country, a very young coach with Western school and very documented.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 pm

barry.romania wrote:or Vlad Caba from my country, a very young coach with Western school and very documented.

Caba in Viborg :)Before going there he should get a contract at a Romanian team from CL and replace Covaciu. :D

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 pm

silvius wrote:Shame on me. I was wondering why I don't see Katalin Palinger at Gyor and I've just read that she retired this summer. ](*,)

She gave an interview during the break of Győr vs. Krim. I don't know if it was broadcast on television, I've seen it via internet.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Des57 wrote:Caba in Viborg :)Before going there he should get a contract at a Romanian team from CL and replace Covaciu. :D

:roll: I forgot, yes, it would be even better. now do you all agree with me? though Covaciu was good this season qualifying the team and playing some decent games. but some of his minuses are obvious. CL is different thing than even other European cups. look at Viborg, I wonder why they play so bad. it doesn`t matter there are absences, I see lack of fitness, sometimes poor defense, not enough agressivity in attack, etc. and VHK has many disappointed fans in Romania.

nightmaar
Regular

Postby nightmaar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:04 am

silvius wrote:
Des57 wrote:That was before Podravka losing probably their best player.I believe you would change it now :?: Even going in the MR sounds problematic for the Croatians .I could easily see Krim with a plus 3 over Podravka.

No mistake there, I don't have what to change. :lol:
Maybe for others look crazy, but I put what I feel that can happen.

I'm with you on this one. Podravka way more solid than Cluj and Krim. Tight defence, hot crowd, high motivation and the history of a good game in Gyor too, plus if Ambros decides to rest some players at the end, like he did with Krim that would be very costly for the Hungarians since their subs are below average.
I'm with Podravka + goals here, not sure they'll win but they'll sure put up a strong fight, even without Tatari.Gyor demolished Krim in Slovenia 31-20, but this scenario won't repeat in Croatia.

zero
Extra Member

Postby zero » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:28 am

barry.romania wrote: I wouldn`t be surprised to see a draw between ETO and Podravka in Koprivnica, knowing the Hungarian-Croatian friendship. but this wouldn`t be fair for Mercator and professional from the visitor side. though again, sometimes it is better to kill your rival instead of getting killed in the future! this way Krim would lose the war and not just a battle.

I'm sorry, I know that everybody have right to opinion, but I must react on this.
I think that Podravka is example of fair-play team and prove that so many times.
Do you remember last round of last year CL, when victory over Viborg means nothing for Podravka?
If you not remember and if you know nothing about sport manners of that team, please don't write such things.
If there will be a draw, draw will be after real sports battle.
Last edited by zero on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Croatia - land with 1000 islands !

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 am

zero wrote:
barry.romania wrote: I wouldn`t be surprised to see a draw between ETO and Podravka in Koprivnica, knowing the Hungarian-Croatian friendship. but this wouldn`t be fair for Mercator and professional from the visitor side. though again, sometimes it is better to kill your rival instead of getting killed in the future! this way Krim would lose the war and not just a battle.

I'm sorry, I know that everybody have right to opinion, but I must react on this.
I think that Podravka is example of fair-play team and prove that so many times.
Do you remember last round of last year CL, when victory over Viborg means nothing for Podravka?
If you not remember and if you don't know nothing about sport manners of that team, please don't write such things.
If there will be a draw, draw will be after real sports battle.

As a matter of fact, this Hungarian-Croatian friendship doesn't exist. Culturally (we are not Balkan/Mediterranian), ethnically (we are not Slavik), philologically (our language is not Slavik either) we are completely different.

There will be a huge fight for those 2 points, and the better team will win, it is that simple.

zero
Extra Member

Postby zero » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 am

Corbantis wrote:
As a matter of fact, this Hungarian-Croatian friendship doesn't exist. Culturally (we are not Balkan/Mediterranian), ethnically (we are not Slavik), philologically (our language is not Slavik either) we are completely different.

There will be a huge fight for those 2 points, and the better team will win, it is that simple.

Totally agree !
Croatia - land with 1000 islands !

monkey5677
Regular

Postby monkey5677 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 am

If we compare matches that Gyor played during this CL we can see that they only had troubles with Podravka( eventhough only in first half) so we can expect a good performance from Podravka in their town,although with Tatari missing it will be very difficult.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am

barry.romania wrote:
Des57 wrote:Caba in Viborg :)Before going there he should get a contract at a Romanian team from CL and replace Covaciu. :D

:roll: I forgot, yes, it would be even better. now do you all agree with me? though Covaciu was good this season qualifying the team and playing some decent games. but some of his minuses are obvious. .

I also think that CL is too much for Covaciu.He did a good job taking the team to the groups and even there they had some good results,except the last one against Podravka.Maybe with a different coach Cluj would have won a game of those 2 very close ones.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Corbantis wrote:As a matter of fact, this Hungarian-Croatian friendship doesn't exist. Culturally (we are not Balkan/Mediterranian), ethnically (we are not Slavik), philologically (our language is not Slavik either) we are completely different.

we know these differences, Corbantis, but I still believe you are friends or at least best neighbours (?). maybe you have something else in commune, in the history or the Catholicism for example (etc.), I`m not sure. like Romania and Serbia.

it wasn`t me who launched this, I heard it from other people and then I found this: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t598089/

zero wrote:I'm sorry, I know that everybody have right to opinion, but I must react on this.

I didn`t say the teams will settle for a draw. I just said I hope they will continue in this manner of fair-play and professionalism. :roll:

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am

Hypo NÖ (AUT) vs Oltchim Rm. Valcea (ROU) -1

Buxtehuder SV (GER) vs Randers HK (DEN) -5

HC Podravka Vegeta (CRO) vs Györi Audi ETO KC (HUN) -8

U Jolidon Cluj (ROU) vs RK Krim Mercator (SLO) +1

IK Sävehof (SWE) vs Larvik (NOR) -5

FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria (HUN) vs Dinamo Volgograd (RUS) +3

Zvezda Zvenigorod (RUS) vs Buducnost (MNE) +3

Viborg HK (DEN) vs Thüringer HC (GER) -2
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Hypo NÖ (AUT) vs Oltchim Rm. Valcea (ROU) 2

Buxtehuder SV (GER) vs Randers HK (DEN) 2

HC Podravka Vegeta (CRO) vs Györi Audi ETO KC (HUN) 2

U Jolidon Cluj (ROU) vs RK Krim Mercator (SLO) 2

IK Sävehof (SWE) vs Larvik (NOR) 2

FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria (HUN) vs Dinamo Volgograd (RUS) 1

Zvezda Zvenigorod (RUS) vs Buducnost (MNE) no clue

Viborg HK (DEN) vs Thüringer HC (GER) 1

Maybe they won't win it but will fight with chances.Look how Viborg plays.I would rate FCM as nr.1 title contender.

FCM should have been in the wild card group in stead of Leipzig or Issy. I have no idea why they didn't attempt getting a wild card, when they were so close to the semis previous season, and have a more experienced team this season.

Viborg could try signing Kim Rasmussen from the Polish NT if they will ever want change. or Vlad Caba from my country, a very young coach with Western school and very documented.

I don't think it really matters who are coaching VHK, to be honest, maybe except for Wilbek, who have showed again and again his qualities for both VHK m/f and the danish NT m/f. Bringing these teams from mediocre levels into either top of the world level, or in the case of VHK male team, top of the league level (silver medals and qualification for CL). In the long run, I'm sure it's best to let Albertsen make his impact on the team, in stead of changing coaches regularly, which only brings discontinuity and a poorer performance in the long run.

look at Viborg, I wonder why they play so bad. it doesn`t matter there are absences, I see lack of fitness, sometimes poor defense, not enough agressivity in attack, etc. and VHK has many disappointed fans in Romania.

Ever since VHK won CL in 2007, they've played some semi-poor defense with individual based offense. When they had their dream team, they still won, though against top teams such as Valcea, they actually had to play good. However now, they can't just hope that Skov will single handily put the goals in, they lose many simple balls when building up their attack and their defense does not seem extraordinary in any way. Cleo was a brilliant signing, but she deserves a better defense in front of her. Look at their wings, it happens rather often a wing simply gets left out completely when attacking. I imagine if they had Jurack and others who're injured this season, they'd probably had advanced to the main round, but that'd still had been a definitive end of the line, which is still not very impressive given their squad. Like FCM last season they should be able to be outsiders for the semis, not walkovers for the best, and an even match for the mediocre.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

123123 wrote:
FCM should have been in the wild card group in stead of Leipzig or Issy. I have no idea why they didn't attempt getting a wild card, when they were so close to the semis previous season, and have a more experienced team this season.

Wouldn't be a problem to give them a spot. Remember it was 3-round-robin. EHF would have prefered 4 teams with semis & final. Think FCM refused a wildcard, what's quite logical if you see their economic problems...
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:35 pm

meteo wrote:
123123 wrote:

Wouldn't be a problem to give them a spot. Remember it was 3-round-robin. EHF would have prefered 4 teams with semis & final. Think FCM refused a wildcard, what's quite logical if you see their economic problems...

I remember up to more occasions where they express that they wanted to play CL.. last with a interview before the match against Randers: "Champions League er bare det ultimative, og det er så sjovt og spændende at være med i, så det er noget som vi altid gerne vil være med til. Nu er det så Randers og Viborg der er med, og det kan vi ikke lave om på, så vi forholder os til vores program, og vi prioriterer EHF Cuppen højt" says Helle Thomsen

I dont know if they refused and still would like to play it, but doesn't sound like it, the way it's stated.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Let's say it this way. I can't imagine that EHF asks for a third german team and don't ask for a third danish team. There must have been some obstacles whether by tv broadcasters, the danish federation or the club administration that prevents FCM to participate. That a coach (or player) wants to play CL doesn't mean that the club wanted to. ;)
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

frenchy

Postby frenchy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Hypo NÖ (AUT) vs Oltchim Rm. Valcea (ROU)

Buxtehuder SV (GER) vs Randers HK (DEN)

HC Podravka Vegeta (CRO) vs Györi Audi ETO KC (HUN)

U Jolidon Cluj (ROU) vs RK Krim Mercator (SLO)

IK Sävehof (SWE) vs LARVIK (NOR)

FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria (HUN) vs Dinamo Volgograd (RUS)

Zvezda Zvenigorod (RUS) vs Buducnost (MNE)

Viborg HK (DEN) vs Thüringer HC (GER)

I.L.T.
Handball Fan-atic

Postby I.L.T. » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Hypo NÖ (AUT) vs Oltchim Rm. Valcea (ROU) 26-28
Valcea will win, but will be close, it is never easy away against hypo.

Buxtehuder SV (GER) vs Randers HK (DEN) 26-27
Closer then people think, Langkeit were back against hypo, and it is a huge boost for Buxtehude.

HC Podravka Vegeta (CRO) vs Györi Audi ETO KC (HUN) 23-29
Gyor playing with all players, but still too strong because Tatari is not playing.

U Jolidon Cluj (ROU) vs RK Krim Mercator (SLO) 23-24
What is it with the floor in Cluj, Gyor complained, and Podravka saying it had nothing to do with handball....what do they put on it before the games?

IK Sävehof (SWE) vs LARVIK (NOR) 27-30
Larvik taking it easy and crusing to a 3 goal victory

FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria (HUN) vs Dinamo Volgograd (RUS) 30-20
What happened to Pidaplova, remember here as a world class player and now she can not even make it to the starting seven on a young and weak Volgograd team.

Zvezda Zvenigorod (RUS) vs Buducnost (MNE) 21-20
The refs. will be importent here, because if buducnost can play their normal defence they can win this low scoring game.

Viborg HK (DEN) vs Thüringer HC (GER) 23-23
4 importent players missing for Viborg, Gullden with the problems when the pressure are high, Skov with the attitude but not the abilities, and Pernille Larsen the most overrated player in Denmark IMO.. Bulath not there yet, or atleast not working as hoped for.
Think I will go for something possitive here - Handball is just a great sport!

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:19 pm

I.L.T wrote:What is it with the floor in Cluj, Gyor complained, and Podravka saying it had nothing to do with handball....what do they put on it before the games?

Don't know about Gyor game,but I can tell you about the famous Podravka game.They said that the men's team trained on that surface so it became dirty and sticky and they made the mistake of cleaning it on the day of the game.Fortunately someone from HCM Constanta,that had experience with this type of surface, was watching the game and came up with the famous Coca Cola solution.That's what some part of the press say.Another version is that were some problems with the cleaning solution or with the ventilation system.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Des57 wrote:Fortunately someone from HCM Constanta,that had experience with this type of surface, was watching the game and came up with the famous Coca Cola solution.

They were not the first with that solution. Oldenburg-Bietigheim in 2010, but it didn't helped in that case. Oldenburg had to play one match in another hall and for two games they have to rent another floor. The problem was due to the use of a false cleaner and some problems with the allowed "drag coefficients".
Greetings from Germany

iringo36
Regular

Postby iringo36 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm

"As a matter of fact, this Hungarian-Croatian friendship doesn't exist. Culturally (we are not Balkan/Mediterranian), ethnically (we are not Slavik), philologically (our language is not Slavik either) we are completely different.

There will be a huge fight for those 2 points, and the better team will win, it is that simple."

Foreing players from Győr have sent a message..in Hungarian to the Croatian team:)
http://www.digisport.hu/video/11736

In Hungarian: "Mi nem nyaralni megyünk Horvátországba! Reszkess Koprivnica!"
In English: "We are not going on holiday to Croatia! Tremble Koprivnica!"
:)
SZ.I.

silvius
Extra Member

Postby silvius » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:17 pm

For those from Austria, Wien: would I find some ticket available on Maria Enzersdorf ?
And where exactly it is located this hall ?

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Hypo NÖ (AUT) vs Oltchim Rm. Valcea (ROU) -wide open

Buxtehuder SV (GER) vs Randers HK (DEN) -Randers can't win s**t

HC Podravka Vegeta (CRO) vs Györi Audi ETO KC (HUN)

U Jolidon Cluj (ROU) vs RK Krim Mercator (SLO) -wide open

IK Sävehof (SWE) vs LARVIK (NOR) - No easy victory whatever people thinks, but LHK will win this in the end :)

Linka scored her 2500 goal for LHK wednesday. Congratz :)

Hmmm...looks a little pale though...must be using doping after all :)

FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria (HUN) vs Dinamo Volgograd (RUS)

Zvezda Zvenigorod (RUS) vs Buducnost (MNE) -wide open

Viborg HK (DEN) vs Thüringer HC (GER) -I don't believe in VHK anymore...wide open

Return to “Female Handball”