EC 2012 serbia: Preliminary Round 1

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Re: EC 2012 serbia: Preliminary Round 1

Postby Mr. 007 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:50 am

Wbk wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:Czech Republic with a refreshing win in their first EC :)

What do you exactly mean under this collocation :?: :?: :?: Since the independence /1993/, Czech Rep participated in 3 ECh (and 4 WCh). In 1994 and 2002 they ranked 8th at the EURO.

Hehe, first time for God knows how many years then :)

treideca44
Extra Member

Postby treideca44 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:22 am

Back from Vrsac, yesterday our players played at home. Romanians have created a hell for Russia in Millenium Center.
I'm pround of my compatriots.

Tomorrow again !!!
Can't wait !!!

About match .... awesome first part for our girls, horrible second part !!
Per all, i'm happy ... I really think that our team can take a medal.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 am

Hajas wrote:
They were anonymous, Roberts 2 goals and Linnea only 1 goal, but Johanna Alm stole the show with 10 goals. Roberts did contribute with her pace, assists and speed though.

Roberts was the same in the Champions League and I said that, she only had an outstanding game. how was my favorite Ida Oden? btw, Linnea became an ordinary player after the 2010 EC. until now I like how did the Serbians organize the tournament. congratulations to them. much better than last. too bad there was not a full house at Serbia-Norway.

jensm wrote:Serbia does actully have a good team, all they backcourt players have good qualitym (Lekic, Damjanovic, Lisevic, Popovic, Filipovic and Eric) The first choices on the wings are good to, the problem is the lack of good lineplayers, backup on the wings also the GK position ain't topclass. Tomasevic can play superb on her best days.

Buuut imagine how Serbia would be with K.Bulatovic still being Serb. They would cleary have the best backline in the world! (Damjanovic, Lekic, Bulatovic)

I like Lekić since she reduced the mass. Damjanović in my opinion is overrated. and I used to scream after Sanja before watching her in the CL. look, Carmen Cartaş from U Jolidon Cluj is also beautiful but against the bests she isn`t Neagu level. she is just second tier. still, Damjanović could play very well in front of her relatives and friends. btw, Neagu will be back at full potential, I`m sure, she just needs time.

and in Serbia the conditions change. the male team of this country was also better as guest. they are talented but we`ll need to see if the quality will be the same on neutral field after the EC. Brazil were 5th in Brazil for example. if they would play now in the Euro probably 9-10th place. teams must confirm about 3 tournaments to be proven. like Spain did.

jensm wrote:Oh, i didn't know. On EHF it says Kragujevac :)

Bojana Popović is surely Serbian-born. :) I think Montenegrins say Katarina is Montenegrin, only born in Serbia. and living in Montenegro since ever.

monkey5677
Regular

Postby monkey5677 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 am

Bojana is Serbian-born, and surname Bulatović is Montenegrin surname. But surname Popović and Petrović(Bojana's maiden name) can be found in Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro. So there are a lot of surnames common for South Slavs(Croats,Serbians,Montenegrins,Bosniaks) and everyone will say their surname is from country they live in.... :D

I.L.T.
Handball Fan-atic

Postby I.L.T. » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 am

3 questions to the proffessiors:

Did Neagu not play that much or is she just not like in the old days?

What about Jovanovic will she be ready today?

Germany have called a new player(Beier) why?
Think I will go for something possitive here - Handball is just a great sport!

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 am

monkey5677 wrote:Bojana is Serbian-born, and surname Bulatović is Montenegrin surname. But surname Popović and Petrović(Bojana's maiden name) can be found in Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro. So there are a lot of surnames common for South Slavs(Croats,Serbians,Montenegrins,Bosniaks) and everyone will say their surname is from country they live in....

Petrovic is the surname of the Montenegrin royal dynasty. Yes, Bojana is Serbian born, married to Montenegrin, lived/s, played, received a full affirmation as a player in MNE. And Kaca was born in Kragujevac but originally from Rozaje MNE..

Hm, someone said that Serbia doesn't have a good line player.. They do, but she's injured.. Dragana Cvijic..

Well, back on topic, good game from MNE's B squad, Klikovac received a lot of playing time, and imo she was excellent in defence, Toskovic and Nikcevic good :)

I.L.T. wrote:What about Jovanovic will she be ready today?

I don't think that Adzic will use her yet. Unless he really needs her..

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 am

From a statistical point of view, this draw is historical. However, Russia was clueless in attack (Tolnai helped them a lot to be even more so). Was it a good decision to bring Andryushina back? And Davidenko is not there for what reason?

Conclusions: Romania has improved the defence and its major test will be against Montenegro. We have problems scoring from the 9m line, so we'll rely heavily on our pivots and wingers. Romania's goal area is fierce again.

I.L.T. wrote:Did Neagu not play that much or is she just not like in the old days?

Neagu is at half of her shooting capacity, as she still feels pain in the shoulder. Before the match, she did not train with the others in order not to force herself. She did get a lot of playing time and her footwork often destabilized the Russian defence. I expect her to start her scoring machine when we will need it the most, she will surprise.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:35 am

Anicia Juliana wrote:Neagu is at half of her shooting capacity, as she still feels pain in the shoulder. Before the match, she did not train with the others in order not to force herself. She did get a lot of playing time and her footwork often destabilized the Russian defence. I expect her to start her scoring machine when we will need it the most, she will surprise.

I would say she's less than 50 % ,maybe 20%.For a player that scored 6 goals a game yesterday she scored 1.There were many moments when space was created for her to shoot,opportunities that Neagu from 2010 would have not missed. Another problem is that she lost her accuracy,many of her shots are not on target.By saying this I'm not criticizing her,I only say what I saw.I'm happy to see her playing again and I know that it takes a long period of time to fully recover(not feeling pain anymore)She did a great job in defence and was one of the best offensive players from our team with great passing for our pivots and also creating space for her teammates.

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 am

John wrote:Well, back on topic, good game from MNE's B squad, Klikovac received a lot of playing time, and imo she was excellent in defence

Yep, Klikovac did great yesterday in defence - I would even prefer her in attack instead of Andjela.

John wrote:Hm, someone said that Serbia doesn't have a good line player.. They do, but she's injured.. Dragana Cvijic..

Overall, Serbia has a good squad. I wouldn't say at all that they have a problem with LPs - apart from Cvijić, they also have Sladjana Pop Lazić, who really impressed me last year while she was playing for Zaječar.

Their weakest spots which set them apart from top teams are the lack of a quality RW, instable GKs and, of course, inexperience in playing at major competitions. In addition, I'm not sure whether their coach has the right skills to make progress with this team.

zero
Extra Member

Postby zero » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 am

I'm so dissapointed with some comments here, but I think that you were wrote such kind of things with "hot heads" after the match, and I truly beleive that you are correct persons, as I know from that forum for many years...
Croatia - land with 1000 islands !

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:27 am

zero wrote:I'm so dissapointed with some comments here...

So you wanted to read Bulatovic had Croatian origin? :D
I still think Croatia was defending too rough and half of them was punished. Jelcic hit Görbicz' face, lots of hard actions against Tomori... But it's our fault, we should have adapted to the referees' style and no stupid mistakes in power play. We would have needed harder defence on 5 meters. ;)

The fantastic last second goal:
http://videotar.mtv.hu/Videok/2012/12/0 ... _6_15.aspx

(From: 00:45)
Last edited by Galpa on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

John

Postby John » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 am

Stefan_MNE wrote:Yep, Klikovac did great yesterday in defence - I would even prefer her in attack instead of Andjela.

I would prefer any player in attack instead of Andjela :)
But she playes for Buducnost, so she's the first choice. I just don't get why Adzic is forcing her? In defence ok, but in attack?? o.O

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:47 am

Adžić MUST use the bench more and earlier, if he doesn't want Knežević and Bulatović lose their batteries already in MR. But he still can't understand how to play on big tournaments...
Great game by Klikovac,S.Vukčević and Tošković.
Jovanka was amazing in the 2nd half! Knežević started excellent, scoring 5 goals in 15minutes, but then she behaved like she's playing alone against Iceland and forced too much. :roll:

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 am

Anicia Juliana wrote:And Davidenko is not there for what reason?

Knee injury. Underwent surgery in the end of last month.

John

Postby John » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:25 am

Bo$ko wrote:Adžić MUST use the bench more and earlier, if he doesn't want Knežević and Bulatović lose their batteries already in MR. But he still can't understand how to play on big tournaments...
Great game by Klikovac,S.Vukčević and Tošković.
Jovanka was amazing in the 2nd half! Knežević started excellent, scoring 5 goals in 15minutes, but then she behaved like she's playing alone against Iceland and forced too much.

Yes, he should rest them a little, we all saw that Kaca was having some problems scoring in one part of the game.
Finally he realized that the deeper defence is the best solution for Iceland's attack, and Klikovac played her role excellent.
That's what really bugs me about Milena. She's selfish. I remember in CL she scored 11 times out of almoust 30 shots. I mean come on. Even Kaca doesn't shoot that much.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 pm

zero wrote:I'm so dissapointed with some comments here, but I think that you were wrote such kind of things with "hot heads" after the match, and I truly beleive that you are correct persons, as I know from that forum for many years..

well, Galpa is pissing me off sometimes too with his subjectivism. :? but he`s great person, you will get used! ;) Hungarians don`t know to lose, hehe.

I.L.T. wrote:question:

Did Neagu not play that much or is she just not like in the old days?

Neagu played better in CL than last night. last night she stayed a lot on bench in second half. the doctor said it`s normal still to feel some pains.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:04 pm

barry.romania wrote:well, Galpa is pissing me off sometimes too with his subjectivism. :? but he`s great person, you will get used! ;) Hungarians don`t know to lose, hehe.

I am subjective and we don't know how to lose but you had more opportunities to learn that. It's not fair! You can have an opinion but I guess you watched Romania-Russia last evening and not Croatia-Hungary so...

P.S.
I did not deny our weaknesses. We don't have goalkeepers, wings and pivots. KEB did not make any changes like he did in Győr. Stupid mistakes at the end while Croatian 5+1 defence worked well.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:54 pm

accept the defeat as we accepted the lost point against Russia. the referees there also helped Russia. it`s no problem, but they gave them 6-7 opportunities and none for us. at least if they would have given also 2-3 for us. I leave Tadici to comment the rest. we were too dumb to waste a 7 goals lead and Hungary was too stupid to lose against a devastated Croatia. Maja Zebić has beaten you by herself! and a good defense of the Croats on the other phase.

Hungary lacks goalkeepers, ETO lacks reserve goalkeeper too. I said and I`m saying it again. while Løke is just one. I personally like Kovacsicz, I think she`s one of the most underrated wings in the world. Vérten is still also ok.

Hungary has problems with the goalkeepers and the line players in my opinion. and the defense wasn`t the best. the 9 m line yesterday played ok let`s say because of Tomori but what if she will not play at 100% in future? then you will meet difficulties. even though this Redei Soos is good addition and with Sandra present Hungary could have had a good attack I would say.

still, isn`t the chief of the referees still from Hungary? I don`t understand why he keeps promoting refs from Israel, Switzerland, Moldova and even Czech Republic.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Galpa wrote:I did not deny our weaknesses. We don't have goalkeepers, wings and pivots. KEB did not make any changes like he did in Győr. Stupid mistakes at the end while Croatian 5+1 defence worked well.

We all know your team has problems with gks.So why isn't Melinda Pastrovics from FTC in the team?It's KEB choise?I saw her in many games and i liked her.I would say she's a better than your current NT gks.You know her better so maybe I'm wrong.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:16 pm

I did not blame refs for losing and I accepted the defeat. I wrote they did not punish Croatian defence properly and you wrote the refs favoured Russia. What's the difference? Why do you feel so rightful to teach me a lesson about subjectivity, modesty, acceptance?

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Des57 wrote:
Galpa wrote:I did not deny our weaknesses. We don't have goalkeepers, wings and pivots. KEB did not make any changes like he did in Győr. Stupid mistakes at the end while Croatian 5+1 defence worked well.

We all know your team has problems with gks.So why isn't Melinda Pastrovics from FTC in the team?It's KEB choise?I saw her in many games and i liked her.I would say she's a better than your current NT gks.You know her better so maybe I'm wrong.

It's KEB's choice. Pastrovics had also her ups and downs, she was great against Larvik and average on the rest. Those 3 and Triffa are nearly equal IMO.

We have some talented young goalkeepers, we should perhaps try them and find the next Pálinger.

LokomotivaFan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby LokomotivaFan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Hey, Hungarians, don't be such sore losers. ;) And I think calling our girls butchers is crossing the line and especially mixing what happened off the court with Lovric into yesterday's match.
And on the topic of Lovric, let me just say, what she did is horrible and a tragedy for both sides, but until she is sentenced in a court of law she has every right to be in this team if her level of play is deserving of it and the coach wants her!
Bijelo-crvena, Polja hrvatska, Na dresu sjete me, Da ja volim te,
Igrajte za nju, Nasu voljenu, Nek jace kuca to, Srce vatreno!!!

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

LokomotivaFan wrote:And on the topic of Lovric, let me just say, what she did is horrible and a tragedy for both sides, but until she is sentenced in a court of law she has every right to be in this team if her level of play is deserving of it and the coach wants her!

Highly arguable. See the case of the Montpellier players.
However, that's internal business (but I think the Croatian Fed is risking to look extremely bad if she's ever found guilty).

On the point of the refs on Romania - Russia, I don't think they favored Russia in any way. Wrong decisions went both sides.
I see it as a bitter result as I've never in my life seen Russia so weak and we had a great opportunity to crash it.
I can't possibly understand why the team went into "conservation mode" after 45th minute. I couldn't even see a Russian forcing, it was just Romania trying to make the time go faster.
The best points were Curea and Tolnai who wonderfully stepped up + the made-in-Tadici defense (I missed it). Unfortunately it also came with made-in-Tadici attack which we all know it takes a long time to get to good parameters.

I still believe top 8 for us would be a wonderful achievement, whereas the 5/6 playoff would be amazing!

LokomotivaFan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby LokomotivaFan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:38 pm

mikh wrote:Highly arguable. See the case of the Montpellier players.
However, that's internal business (but I think the Croatian Fed is risking to look extremely bad if she's ever found guilty).

Oh please, the Montpellier case and this one have absolutely nothing in common. She will most certainly be convicted on some charge, I can't speculate on that, but as far as I know you are innocent until proven guilty. People tend to easily forget that when it's not their ass on the line.

Anyway, let's see if Croatia can do a repeat performance against Spain! Go girls!! =D>
Bijelo-crvena, Polja hrvatska, Na dresu sjete me, Da ja volim te,
Igrajte za nju, Nasu voljenu, Nek jace kuca to, Srce vatreno!!!

Grzymisław
Extra Member

Postby Grzymisław » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Really much surprising results for opening.
Group A
Czech Republic 25:22 Ukraine - It was propably battle for 3rd position, but it's still surprising to see Ukraine lost.
Serbia 26:28 Norway - Home court and weakened champions wasn't enough this time, but at least Serbs closed the gap in 2nd half
Group B
France 29:16 Macedonia - Everyone could expect such a result, but not everyone expected so impressive margin. France is already thought to be main favourite, but in London situation was similar.
Sweden 27:26 Denmark - I expected(and wanted) close game(unfortunately couldn't follow later matches) with one goal win or a tie, but Sweden was this a little bit weaker team in theory. Anyway they win and are almost in next phase.
Group C
Germany 20:23 Spain - Close game, but almost 10 minutes without scoring a goal must have costed Germans this game. For all the handball will be good to see Germans(especially men) stop decreasing the level year by year, but I'm not sure if they're going to stop. Spain could be surprising with more than usual 9m shots, but this part wasn't efficient. Too early to say who's going to be out in this group.
Hungary 27:28 Croatia - I cannot answer if people blaming referees for the biggest sensation of opening day are right or not. Only I can say is that Croats were just much more efficient when shooting and look to have a reservers in contrast to Gorbicz & co.
Group D
Montenegro 26:16 Iceland - Solid win by Montenegrins(as expected, you can say). But anyone expected Iceland to play so bad? They were missing 100% positions, had no idea how to break defence at all. Very strange when best(at least male teams) coaches are from Iceland and men Iceland team is one of most clever on the field too. Too early to name Montenegro group winners.
Romania 21:21 Russia - Again couldn't see what happened that Romania blown 6 goal lead, but what I see it's unfortunately very weak Neagu and goalkeeper as a decisive factor to save at least one point for them. Led by couple of experienced backs remaining in the team Russians catched the opponent and are almost sure to be in next phase as for me. Romania isn't.

Return to “Female Handball”