About the CSM Bucharest project

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Re: About the CSM Bucharest project

Postby Adriyanos » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:50 pm

Fabbr wrote:
Adriyanos wrote:I think Pessoa needed Vetkova to stay... ;)

It's funny to see people using this kind of comment here, like implying things when it comes about relationships between female players. I think it would be less ridiculous to talk about it openly, if one decides it is important enough to bring it to the table. And in this case I think it is, it would explain a lot of Pessoa's behavior, whenever it is really true.
It's just silly, if not judgemental, in my opinion.

No, I don't judge s**t. It's not an implication and the truth is out there, Pessoa stated it on the record. But for k**f's sake, don't defend the players when they are trying to impair their own team's season. It is clear as day that Pessoa's problem, who was Vetkova's teammate in Russia also, is not with the money, but with the team's decision.

When CSM's manager wrote that Klit and Vetkova were let go on his personal FB profile, Pessoa replied with only two words: "Big mistake". If not unprofessional, that is uncalled for, because you don't resolve these issues on Facebook. Then again, this happened merely hours before Pessoa decided she will not play.

Of course, the management should have never let the players go unpaid for such a period of time. The contract is signed by two parts and each of them should behave profesionally. But I can't see how CSM could perform this season. It's not a riot yet, but this thing happened at Oltchim and a loss with FTC in the start of the Main Round was the first domino to fall that led to the team's disbandment.

PS: I can't wait to see who will pay Pessoa, Rodrigues, Da Silva or Fachinello this kind of money. In October.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Mette and Vetkova are also like Pessoa? just asking. :-"

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:20 am

Bella is such a hard-working girl. I applaud her fighting spirit and working ethics. =D>

After last week's game against Zalău she got this k**f ugly scratch.

Yesterday she's got herself a 'new make-up', as she joked.

She's tougher than most footballers. :lol:

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Mette Klit posted a little goodbye message on her Facebook account:

'Good-bye Romania
After 1 year and 7 month I’m leaving Romania filled with pride and good memories. From summer 2014 we won 55 games and only lost 3 games…
We won 3 important trophies and qualified this young club directly for CL - What an achievement!
The ultimate achievement was building this team from nothing in record time. Together with Adi and Rasmus we were fighting hard to start this project, it wasn’t easy - but we made it so far.
I hope that this project will stand the test of time and grow even stronger.
Last season we were the only team who beat Buducnost and we did it again this year. The dreams and goals should be big - we showed that the potential to actually winning the CL is there - Go for it!
Thanks to players, staff and friends for a wonderful period.
Good luck.'

Thank you, Mette, for all you've done for this club! =D> =D>

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Vetkova is back.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:29 pm

idle banter.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:47 pm

So Google translate says (the important bits):

- The new CEO of CSM Bucharest will have a clear mission from the outset, to reorganize the club in a short time. "The future strategy of CSM Bucharest will be a clear and will be in the foreground children and juniors.

- Once the ongoing contracts will come to an end, we will put and end point of collaborations in especially in cases where large contracts ", said Dan Ştefănel. The reference was obvious to team handball, participating in the Champions League.

- CSM Bucharest was not set up to local budget allocates large sums to pay some foreign athletes, "was the surprising statement by Dan Ştefănel.

- Dan Ştefănel said that does not preclude be brought and world-class athletes at the club, if desired, but in this case be attracted sponsors to make them pay contracts.

Can any Romanian speaker confirm this translation? :shock:
idle banter.

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

This new interim mayor of Bucharest said that he's not in favour of having big salaries for foreign players, but rather wants to develop the youth & children squads of CSM București. He said that those big-contracts will go on as they are supposed to, and Then, when their time has run out, they won't continuate them. Most of the CSM contracts end in 2016/17, so we'll have stability in CSM this season, at least. It's a good thing that they will respect the already signed contracts and the interim mayor said that he's not against having star players as long as they find local sponsors who can back those salaries. So, to sum it up, he's sending a message to the team: 'perform well in Champions League & gather some sponsors if you want this team to go on'. However, this is the interim mayor, we'll have elections in 2016 and I highly doubt this mayor will be around after that. So, who knows what happens in Bucharest on long-term? :roll: For now, the club will continue its activity as it's supposed to, the girls will be paid, etc.

Danie

Postby Danie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:39 am

But it is kinda silly (to say the least) to right a wrong using... another wrong. In other words the interim mayor should have discussed that (new vision upon CSM) behind the closed doors and not just throw it wide open in the air. This way (his way) you are going to send shock waves to the team, supporters (not that many at the time) and potential investors. Not to mention that he is making the very same huge mistake his predecessor made, the one of not asking the people of Bucharest what would they want to happen with (supposedly) their team. He probably should be a bit more restraint as he is due to step down in just 8 months from now on. I think he is way to eager to just stand out and make a profile as he is basically an unknown figure at the moment.

cosimon
Regular

Postby cosimon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:17 am

I hardly believe that whoever the interim mayor might be at present would dare come publicly with such statements without an actual base. He's probably merely echoing the majority's voice in the City Council (which is also strange, since it was the same majority which right until a month ago would basically have nothing against this project at CSM...So probably, after all, it is not the majority which matters but the mayor...) I also find it really hard to believe that Caliman (the former CSM president)'s leaving was a mere (political) coincidence or did not have anything to do with the financial problems that CSM is currently facing and for which he is probably responsible.

Danie

Postby Danie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 am

Ref wrote:
Danie wrote:But it is kinda silly (to say the least) to right a wrong using... another wrong. In other words the interim mayor should have discussed that (new vision upon CSM) behind the closed doors and not just throw it wide open in the air. This way (his way) you are going to send shock waves to the team, supporters (not that many at the time) and potential investors. Not to mention that he is making the very same huge mistake his predecessor made, the one of not asking the people of Bucharest what would they want to happen with (supposedly) their team. He probably should be a bit more restraint as he is due to step down in just 8 months from now on. I think he is way to eager to just stand out and make a profile as he is basically an unknown figure at the moment.

Don´t you think the people see a connection between the million salaries to foreign players and the former mayor who is now in jail for corruption? Don´t you think they want to see public money go to the kids department and other important issues in Bucharest? The orphan kids living in the sewer and other urgent social issues, for instance. Elite sports can finance itself, with clever marketing employees.

Ref, I am not saying it is normal the way this team got re-invented lately (2014-2015). Big money (city budget money) thrown away in a doubtful attempt to achieve some quick glory in Champions League. Totally agree with you. Let the cash be spent over real issues (social issues, infrastructure, etc) and get (as you put it) clever marketing employees to build outta scratch (basically) a strong team/brand, with a solid fan base, financially sound and independent politically-wise. No public money involved, no trouble. That is the wise/recommended path anyway. Unfortunately not a path to be too familiar with Romanian political/sportive chairmen.

So... couldn't agree more with you upon that. But (on the other hand) all I'm saying is that once the wrong is there the best way to deal with it is by trying not to cause anymore harm in process. The interim mayor stated that the ongoing ”deal” shall be allowed to last until all ”big” contracts expire. So... once you are not going to end this team on spot why hamper its capacity of actually achieving some results meanwhile? Because it is obvious the girls were briefed with the news and I would bet some (very) mixed feelings are haunting their minds ever since. OK, they are professionals yet they are human before being professionals.

The fact is that beyond the many glitches & egregious blunders of this team's leadership the girls form up a beautiful unit that I truly think deserves a completely different approach, be that approach concerning the current season or the future exit formula. It was the least he/they could do and he/they didn't. Or maybe one could think this way: there is already a huge amount of money spent on this team - so let's just not waste it for good.

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Interesting article today in a Swedish newspaper: http://www.expressen.se/sport/handboll/ ... och-grata/
Last edited by max on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

Danie

Postby Danie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Ref wrote:In addition to this Romania receive huge amounts of funds from the EU for different projects to solve their social issues. Primarily connected to the roma people, as these people are now travelling all over Europe after Romania was included in the Schengen zone. But also other. So in a way, money they save by receiving help from the EU is spent to buy and pay trainer and players from the same countries that contribute to a better welfare in Romania. Like borrowing money from someone to buy them a gift..

Oh boy!... Your post above is just beep strewn and I really wonder if one should truly bother to even consider it. But maybe you do that because of some hard feelings people like you developed recently as the best players seem to flock up into Eastern European teams instead of Scandinavian ones. Well... in this case I can understand your bitterness, but please just don't mix up your feelings with a tad of politics, a bit of half-true stories, a certain degree of ideological driven opinions and some good old fashioned raw aggressiveness to produce beep like above.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Danie wrote:
Ref wrote:I..

Oh boy!... Your post above is just beep strewn and I really wonder if one should truly bother to even consider it. But maybe you do that because of some hard feelings people like you developed recently as the best players seem to flock up into Eastern European teams instead of Scandinavian ones. Well... in this case I can understand your bitterness, but please just don't mix up your feelings with a tad of politics, a bit of half-true stories, a certain degree of ideological driven opinions and some good old fashioned raw aggressiveness to produce beep like above.

Yes I totally agree with you =D> . Next coming up - some Dracula story and tales from the crypt :roll: :?: . Well whatever and s**t. #-o #-o
Btw. Nice column in Expressen.
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Ref wrote:Primarily connected to the roma people, as these people are now travelling all over Europe after Romania was included in the Schengen zone.

Romania was not included in the Schengen area.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:30 pm

and those on the streets are Roma, not Romanians. East Europe doesn`t get anyway enough money for the integration of the gypsies.

we aren`t in Schengen because Rotterdam doesn`t want competition with Constanza. they block us even though we invested to secure borders 3 billion euros whilst Bulgaria only 200 milllion euros.

Romania is the country in the whole EU which is fighting massively against corruption. tons of arrestments, Bucharest mayor is one example, Baia Mare investigations other.

and Bucharest PIB is larger than of Budapest. these are our money, not of the EU, your journalists are amateurs. those money need to be justified with projects. and if you think we get free money, this is pathetic because we get money, we put back and so on.

it`s exactly like Copenhagen was on men.

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:01 am

Some of your comments are borderline racist and/or xenophobic. :-# :scratch:

Let's stick to handball, guys. [-X

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:09 am

barry.romania wrote:and Bucharest PIB is larger than of Budapest.

you mean gdp? no. but dunno why the heck i red this in here. :D anyway this was the only one for a while that i could respond meaningfully.

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:51 am

Yes let's stick to handball.
Last edited by max on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:07 pm

max wrote:
( I can easily provide some facts about Romanians in DK... -facts that is: and not racist and/or xenophobic issues- )

Do you mean Roma or Romanian people in DK :?: Or it's the same for you... :?: :-k

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:37 pm

a
Last edited by max on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danie

Postby Danie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:27 pm

max wrote:
LucianK wrote:Some of your comments are borderline racist and/or xenophobic. :-# :scratch:

Let's stick to handball, guys. [-X

I gave it "a little thought" before I posted the link about Gulldén in the Swedish newspaper, but it's kind of hard to hide articles from public newspapers.

I like to read the posts from our Romanian friends in here. Romania is a great handball nation (one of the best, no doubt) But sometimes I wonder if people living in Romania knows how their fellow people are doing abroad?

( I can easily provide some facts about Romanians in DK... -facts that is: and not racist and/or xenophobic issues- )

Now: you can be offended, you can ignore facts or you can do something about it?

Ps. Yes let's stick to handball.

Good Lord, here we go again...

First of all, since you emphasized on giving it a little thought before posting the link about Bella, I then rest my case on that.

Second of all, you quote Expressen saying thousands of Romanians are "asking for money" in the streets of Sweden, but my Google Translator provided me this:
I don't know what about you but in my opinion there is a tad of a difference between ”to make money” and ”asking for money”. But maybe it's just the dam' Google Translator to be blamed.

Then you affirm that you "wonder if people living in Romania knows how their fellow people are doing abroad?" and that you "can easily provide some facts about Romanians in DK...". So you basically want to start some sort of a public debate (here, on a handball forum) about Romanian citizens living abroad, or, narrowing it down for you, living in DK - adding that you are able to prove something about them. Beyond being an inappropriate place to initiate such a topic and its relevance for handball anyway, I wonder how happy would it make it for you if I was telling you that Romanians do know (to a certain extent, of course) what other people owning a Romanian ID do abroad (DK included). Now, to make it more simple for us all, let me ask you what would you do in the hypothetical case where some DK ID owners (maybe - just maybe - of a different culture than your own) did something bad abroad? I think we can start from that...

And in the end of your post (the PS section) you magnanimously call... "let's stick to handball". Well, thank you very much mate. You are too kind every now and again...

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:05 pm

thea m/ork ( :D ) 9/9 100% was impressive.

Danie

Postby Danie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:19 pm

gergő wrote:thea m/ork ( :D ) 9/9 100% was impressive.

You are probably too happy (for "m/ork") to notice that you are on the wrong thread.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:26 pm

yep im lost a bit. but at least it was a post about handball. :D

Return to “Female Handball”