Talk about HCM Baia Mare

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
John
:::Handball Expert:::

Re: Talk about HCM Baia Mare

Postby John » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:52 pm

Anicia Juliana wrote:But John, didn't Bojana get 400.000 euros + a year in Budu, so a total of over 800.000 in two years? I am sure some of you Montenegrins must think that sum is insane. I know I do.

And just to reassure you, because I know what you are going to say, I love Bojana, she's my all time hero and all. But I'm just looking at the bigger picture. Boskovic was more than willing to splurge in the search for GLORY. Fortunately, he hit the jackpot. MNE is a big handball power now thanks to Boskovic getting her that money. Had Oltchim got Bojana, they would have won CL ... It's all about the money and who can pay more.

Yes, it's a lot of money, but they would never pay that amount to a foreign player or any other player. Bojana was, is and will always be Buducnost's biggest star. Those 2 years the rest of the players received a lot less than Bojana.

I am a person who thinks all the players (not just handballers but footballers, basketball players etc) don't deserve the amount of money they are making no matter how talented they are. They are not saving lives or contributing something to the world, but that's another topic that i don't want to start :)

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Anicia Juliana wrote:- Buducnost - sponsored by big mogul (Pedrag Boskovic - mines business I believe, basicly making money out ou MNE's natural ressources) correct me if I'm wrong

Buducnost is a state project.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:48 am

Anicia Juliana wrote:Top Women's handball is simply an unsustainable business. And it is an interesting topic - sports management is an issue, like mikh says, but how to go about handball, where a trophy is not followed by big money? It's the riddle of the sphinx.

Could not put it better myself. In my opinion, there are only two options: public money - Buducnost, Oltchim, HCM Baia Mare or CSM București - or private money from a madman, who will make his mark on the team, like Vardar. Choose your poison... :)

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:32 pm

:!: :!: :!:
Mayor Cherecheş is NOT happy at all after today's match, nor with the performance of HCM during the season. He made some really harsh remarks for ProSport, saying that starting the next season the team should focus more on young Romanian talents + some top local players and less on bringing 'foreign near retirement players'. He said that not all of Baia Mare's players have the purpose of winning Champion's League and some of them only want money, nice shoes and cars. He even asked them yesterday if they think they can win the Final4 - not all of them raised their hand and that dissapointed him. CC also criticised the lack of involvement of some players in the process of building of a real team; (wait, there's more) he paid a camera-man to film the training sessions and the girls' reactions on the bench during the games to see who's truly involved and who's not, it'll be a movie in the end. :shock:

He suggested that no more than 3 foreign players should be allowed on court at the same time in the national league. This way the clubs would serve the bigger purpose, the NT, etc. I guess some of the foreign players will leave HCM when the season is over.

Reaching the press like this is beyond stupid & such a bad management for HCM. These players have many games left to play in the Romanian championship&cup. :idea:

Alaur97
Regular

Postby Alaur97 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:23 pm

LucianK wrote::!: :!: :!:
Mayor Cherecheş is NOT happy at all after today's match, nor with the performance of HCM during the season. He made some really harsh remarks for ProSport, saying that starting the next season the team should focus more on young Romanian talents + some top local players and less on bringing 'foreign near retirement players'. He said that not all of Baia Mare's players have the purpose of winning Champion's League and some of them only want money, nice shoes and cars. He even asked them yesterday if they think they can win the Final4 - not all of them raised their hand and that dissapointed him. CC also criticised the lack of involvement of some players in the process of building of a real team; (wait, there's more) he paid a camera-man to film the training sessions and the girls' reactions on the bench during the games to see who's truly involved and who's not, it'll be a movie in the end. :shock:

He suggested that no more than 3 foreign players should be allowed on court at the same time in the national league. This way the clubs would serve the bigger purpose, the NT, etc. I guess some of the foreign players will leave HCM when the season is over.

Reaching the press like this is beyond stupid & such a bad management for HCM. These players have many games left to play in the Romanian championship&cup. :idea:

Totally agree with him, they brought mediocre players who didn't accomodate or dindn't show their potential(Do Nascimento, Davydenko)
Hoping that they will make some good transfers...and also is time for some of the foreign and also roumanien to leave because if we took a picture of the bench in the today's match...most of the players were resigned...no positive energy to their mates...anyway with this squad they realised more than i expected

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:05 am

and he`s not right? the life at Baia Mare is good. what the k**f is wrong with these girls? the boys aren`t like this, they always bring a plus. I can name many locations over Europe in women`s handball where they underperformed.

zorasourit
Handball Fan-atic

Postby zorasourit » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:36 am

barry.romania wrote:and he`s not right? the life at Baia Mare is good. what the k**f is wrong with these girls? the boys aren`t like this, they always bring a plus. I can name many locations over Europe in women`s handball where they underperformed.

From those games I saw with HCM the mayor _is_ dead right indeed. I can point out one major difference between HCM from last year and this season is that the former team was very likeable, I was honestly sorry for them not even reaching CWC but that was a cruel group. The current team is as inspiring as Ferencváros in their worst days this season.

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:45 pm

It's true, it's a dysfunctional team, with many disagreements and different personalities. However, you simply cannot say this when the team has to play for the championship and the Cup. The fact that he hired a cameraman to film them on a bench could serve like an amazing source of motivation. But to state that before he showed them had blown its purpose.

PS: I think that some of the players are really down to Earth and knew they can't win the Champions League. It's quite easy to see this, they were far inferior to Larvik or Buducnost.

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Davydenko and Makeeva :arrow: Rostov

I guess many of you wonder what will happen next season with this team.
Here is an attempt to form a squad (based on rumours, ofc):

- gks: Ungureanu/Cetateanu (Rosca, Dumanska)
- wings: Elisei (Tanasie) and Nechita (Pirvut)
- pivots: Tatar (Dinis :?: ) and maybe Pintea or Ciuciulete :?:
- lb: Szucs (Tiron)
- cb: Marin (Oltean, Zamifrescu)
- rb: Geiger (Alina Ilie) and maybe Laura Popa :?:

Abbingh, Gjeorgjevska and Pineau, still unknown, but my feeling is
no one of them will play in Baia Mare next season.
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:00 pm

^ It doesn't look that bad. And I hope Cetățeanu is there only because Ungureanu is injured. I know, Cetățeanu is still solid, but c'mon...

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Silviu wrote:^ It doesn't look that bad. And I hope Cetățeanu is there only because Ungureanu is injured. I know, Cetățeanu is still solid, but c'mon...

Yes. You know she "retired" since last summer, but when she was called, she came back.
Something like Mikkelsen in Viborg some rounds during this season... :D
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 am

The circus and drama are over in CSM București for now, but everything seems to have moved to Baia Mare. The National Anticorruption Directorate is investigating HCM Baia Mare these days, they have some questions for its mayor and its main leaders. Local press writes that mayor Cherecheș and HCM leaders are under suspicion of corruption 'and trying to cover up the leakage of money from the team treasury by preparing false documents.' It's bad, we'll keep you updated! (Source)

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:46 am

Mayor Cherecheș's first statement: 'We will take a decision regarding our sports-financing; we will not give money for sports anymore and we will withdraw both our teams from Champions League. DNA took from the city hall the papers that were written about the sports-team economical situation, every document our hadball teams had.'

:shock: :shock: What the k**f? :shock: :shock:

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:22 pm

:!: I'm making this update and I apologise, Cherecheș's statement was taken out of context. Scumbag Romanian press. Always chasing the sensational headlines. His proper statement was something more like this (according to Mediafax, reliable source):

'They've taken all the papers related to the handball teams, HCM Minaur Baia Mare (men) and HCM Baia Mare (women). That was DNA's request, we will make a press conference soon and we'll announce that, until all these suspicions are cleared and until the government/parliament give us some laws that will clarify things regarding how can we, the municipality of Baia Mare, support the sport teams, we will withdraw from giving financial support for sports, culture, etc. I believe that in this country practicing sport is not encouraged. Soon enough we will withdraw our teams from Liga Națională, from Champions League, the same goes for rugby; if this is what they want, we'll suspend the city hall financing and there we'll go.'

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:30 pm

LucianK wrote:The circus and drama are over in CSM București for now, but everything seems to have moved to Baia Mare. The National Anticorruption Directorate is investigating HCM Baia Mare these days, they have some questions for its mayor and its main leaders.

it`s normal after what happened with Oprescu. but many city halls in Romania were investigated over the past years. and if Baia Mare City Hall needs to be investigated, sports money are also considered.

maybe nobody put something on a declaration. it`s DNA`s right to do it.

the mayor is pissed off maybe because the accounts are blocked now. it also happened in CSM and now they are again opened. there were no problems regarding sports there, only regarding auctions.

some part of the local press of Maramureș is supporting the former mayor.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:50 pm

This is just bad publicity.
If i were a handball player i would never even consider moving to Romania. First Oltchim, then CSM and HCM, even if they fix everything, in my eyes they are unstable clubs, and you don't know if they will exist in a year. Players don't recieve salaries, it's a circus.

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:12 pm

barry.romania wrote:the mayor is pissed off maybe because the accounts are blocked now. it also happened in CSM and now they are again opened. there were no problems regarding sports there, only regarding auctions.

HCMs situation is similar to what happened in CSM a few weeks ago, but only on a financial note. Both clubs had/have their accounts blocked. CSM's headquarters were not raided by DNA. First it was the Oprescu going to jail thing and because of that there was no one who could legally put his signature over CSM's already approved bugdet. Once the new mayor was put in function, things proceeded as expected. In Baia Mare the whole club's accountancy is being investigated and, if the local press is right, there's something more: 'Following the raids, anti-corruption prosecutors have taken the club's accounting documents and more people involved in this case were taken to hearings. ZiarMM sources say the club's budget was damaged more than 1 million lei. Bala and his relatives created a whole financial machine based on false papers, which were intended to cover the amounts diverted.'

John wrote:This is just bad publicity.
If i were a handball player i would never even consider moving to Romania. First Oltchim, then CSM and HCM, even if they fix everything, in my eyes they are unstable clubs, and you don't know if they will exist in a year. Players don't recieve salaries, it's a circus.

Agreed. It's such a bad look for Romania. I, if I were a (let's say) danish player, I wouldn't sign with any of the Romanian teams. Everything's so unstable. Two weeks ago, everything seemed allright in Baia Mare, now everything is in question. The problem is that some politicians/mayors use handball teams as a way of getting richer. And they never learn. The story seems to go around and come around in only 2-3 years. First it was Oltchim, then HCM Constanța, now HCM Baia Mare and CSM București are both facing similar financial problems. ](*,)

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:23 pm

LucianK wrote:ZiarMM sources say the club's budget was damaged more than 1 million lei. Bala and his relatives created a whole financial machine based on false papers, which were intended to cover the amounts diverted.

ZiarMM is a newspaper with the former mayor behind.

LucianK wrote:Agreed. It's such a bad look for Romania. Everything's so unstable.

unstable? Copenhagen Men weren`t the same? they collapsed financially. like Oltchim. these two didn`t do it yet. I`m giving you an example. if a PRIVATE INVESTOR is investigated, it happens the same. maybe not in Premier League of football, but kinda anywhere else in European sports.

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:36 pm

barry.romania wrote:ZiarMM is a newspaper with the former mayor behind.

And why would they write such things if they weren't real? This whole theory about Bala and his money-making machine is worse than anti-corruption prosecutors raiding HCM's headquarters theory.

barry.romania wrote:unstable? Copenhagen Men weren`t the same? they collapsed financially. like Oltchim. these two didn`t do it yet. I`m giving you an example. if a PRIVATE INVESTOR is investigated, it happens the same. maybe not in Premier League of football, but kinda anywhere else in European sports.

I get what you're trying to say, this kind of economical failures happened before in Spain, in Denmark, etc, BUT in Romania they just seem to become a routine. First Oltchim, then Constanța, now both CSM and HCM are on the edge. No matter how naíve one could be, the Romanian handball scene doesn't look good. Yes, things are bad in many other places in Europe, but Romania puts half of these bad cases on the table. However, these things might not matter for some players. I guess Cristina Vărzaru was right, 'in handball power goes wherever money go'.

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:25 pm

I find it very, very funny that the Baia Mare fans are even implying on their forums that Maramures -- the historical region whose capital Baia Mare is -- should break up from Romania. Almost all of them are saying that Bucharest is behind this. That's childish and dangerous. So let's set the facts straight. Up until now, nobody has been accused. The prosecutors have seized financial documents. If they can prove something was wrong, well...

And now the real discussion can begin. The Romanian sport is mismanaged. The people who have money are using it stupidly (e.g. Steaua Bucharest in football). But the truth is that football, handball, basketball or volleyball live only with public money. Because we are on a handball forum, let's see the handball case. In the men's league, only HC Odorhei and HC Adrian Petrea Resita are privately funded. But the Odorhei team's owner is a senator and in Resita the team is also helped by the Local Council and the Mayor's Office. Steaua and Dinamo are part of the Defence and the Administration and Police ministers. In the women's league, the situation is even worse, as all the teams have public ties.

So, as you can see, all of the teams are dependent on their local comunities. I don't think that this is a bad thing. It's very hard to win money from handball and even impossible in Romania, as the number of passionate fans is very low and their purchase power is slim to none. You have to be crazy and have a lot of money to invest millions of euro every year. But the legislation is also stupid and badly written. So badly, in fact, that it's almost illegal to fund a professional team. It happened in Ploiesti and Targu Mures, in football and the teams are suffering a lot from this.

Regarding the Baia Mare case, it's not the same as Oltchim. Ramnicu Valcea folded because the owner, Constantin Roibu, who was also the chairman of the Oltchim conglomerate, drove the public owned company into administration and flirted with bankruptcy. He was no stranger from what happened, creating a myriad of companies that embezzled money and created a mountain of debt. He paid bribes to almost anybody that was listening and managed to escape without a prison sentence. But this also left the team without funding. Ergo, folding. From what DNA said, Baia Mare is another case. The embezzlement was direct from the public money. I can't stop thinking how they could be such idiots, because the manhunt for corruption in Romania is huge and a lot of mayors were sentenced to prison.

Mayor Chereches has a very big mouth and is starting to feel the pressure. He's scared. Dunno if he will pull the plug, but Romania will pay big time for this. The EHF will defend its flagship competitions.

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:33 pm

LucianK wrote::!: I'm making this update and I apologise, Cherecheș's statement was taken out of context. Scumbag Romanian press. Always chasing the sensational headlines. His proper statement was something more like this (according to Mediafax, reliable source):

'They've taken all the papers related to the handball teams, HCM Minaur Baia Mare (men) and HCM Baia Mare (women). That was DNA's request, we will make a press conference soon and we'll announce that, until all these suspicions are cleared and until the government/parliament give us some laws that will clarify things regarding how can we, the municipality of Baia Mare, support the sport teams, we will withdraw from giving financial support for sports, culture, etc. I believe that in this country practicing sport is not encouraged. Soon enough we will withdraw our teams from Liga Națională, from Champions League, the same goes for rugby; if this is what they want, we'll suspend the city hall financing and there we'll go.'

Politics at their best ;) He would have never said that he will withdraw the team if he did not try to create an emotional response.

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Adriyanos wrote:I find it very, very funny that the Baia Mare fans are even implying on their forums that Maramures -- the historical region whose capital Baia Mare is -- should break up from Romania. Almost all of them are saying that Bucharest is behind this. That's childish and dangerous. So let's set the facts straight. Up until now, nobody has been accused. The prosecutors have seized financial documents. If they can prove something was wrong, well...

Now mayor Cherecheș himself points toward Bucharest, arguing that his teams' performances 'bothered' the representatives of sports clubs in Bucharest. He even said that Baia Mare lost the title because of 'permanent external pressure', coming from people who interfered with the payment methods. I'm sorry, I won't bother to translate this mess. It's a bad joke. :roll: :roll:

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:40 pm

That's brainwashing at its best. He is preying on the fans' love, which is huge, and using it to direct the blame elsewhere.
New info says that Liviu Bala, the team's director, is the only person culpable, as he abused his duties repeteadly. But... Bala never did anything without Chereches' blessing. I have to hand it to him, the mayor has a big backing... ;)

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Adriyanos wrote:That's brainwashing at its best. He is preying on the fans' love, which is huge, and using it to direct the blame elsewhere.
New info says that Liviu Bala, the team's director, is the only person culpable, as he abused his duties repeteadly. But... Bala never did anything without Chereches' blessing. I have to hand it to him, the mayor has a big backing... ;)

Meanwhile, the prosecuters from the DNA office initiated criminal charges and judicial supervision for a period of 60 days, starting from today, against Liviu Bala, the executive director of HCM Baia Mare. He's accused of: abuse of power, complicity in the forgery of several documents and complicity in tax evasion, all of them being repeated acts. :roll:

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:25 am

LucianK wrote:Constanța, now both CSM and HCM are on the edge. However, these things might not matter for some players. I guess Cristina Vărzaru was right, 'in handball power goes wherever money go'.

HCM Constanța`s main investor, Nurhan Ali, stopped funding the team with the same ammounts of money. and there the city hall doesn`t give much, mainly it`s him and the sponsors.

so I don`t get it, where`s the problem? handball is not like football, watch how many clubs were REORGANISED during time. I can tell you tons in Denmark. Constanța after all resisted 12-13 years at the highest level.

and Vărzaru is really right. it`s ok as long you get all the payments even if you leave in the middle of the season in winter.

Return to “Female Handball”