Final Four

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
cosimon
Regular

Final Four

Postby cosimon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 am

So, it's already official: Gyor vs FCM and Vardar vs Buducnost. I don't think the Danes will stand too many chances against Gyor, whereas the 2nd semifinal should be pretty interesting. These 2 teams know each other pretty well from their regional league. In my opinion it will all come down to Buducnost's attack, because in defense they should have no problems against a pretty weak attack of those from Vardar (with the exception of the phenomenal Lekic).

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Final Four

Postby Des57 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:06 am

source https://www.facebook.com/georgebart

Since all my favourite teams have been eliminated,I will cheer for the outsider,FCM.It's a final four and anything can happen.I even see FCM as champions,but the favs are still Buducnost and Gyor.

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:40 am

FCM don't stand a chance against ETO.

And 2 matches in two days for FCM might be way too much for them?

They just have to "enjoy" the experience of Final Four :)
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

jayjay89
Regular

Postby jayjay89 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am

MAX wrote:FCM don't stand a chance against ETO.

They just have to "enjoy" the experience of Final Four :)

probably true.... But gyor has everything to loose and fcm has already won by qualifying, Gyor can only dissapoint because everyone expects them to go through..

Vardar would be my prefered team to meet in the semi, they have to perform, but is not a great "team" its all about individuals. (lekic)..

But its playoffs.. anything is kind of possible..
Dane Living in swedish excile...

Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord.... Loving it here, but missing home

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:16 pm

MAX wrote:FCM don't stand a chance against ETO.

this is not true!

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:05 pm

I remember last year when someone said that Valcea could never go through against Györ, and then we saw what happened in Hungary (that was the match of previous season, in my opinion).

Mind you, FCM is not what Valcea was, but the point is that no one can be sure of anything at this stage. We know who are favorites, sure, but nothing is guaranteed.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:52 pm

http://www.eurohandball.com/article/18782

they forgot about bulatovic. :)

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:31 pm

123123 wrote:I remember last year when someone said that Valcea could never go through against Györ, and then we saw what happened in Hungary (that was the match of previous season, in my opinion)

It was the real final, that's clear.
I still can't imagine how %^&%^&^! we lost! (18-24, min. 50) That game followed (or haunted better said) me many weeks..and still hurts!
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

madu
Extra Member

Postby madu » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:33 pm

123123 wrote:I remember last year when someone said that Valcea could never go through against Györ, and then we saw what happened in Hungary (that was the match of previous season, in my opinion).

Mind you, FCM is not what Valcea was, but the point is that no one can be sure of anything at this stage. We know who are favorites, sure, but nothing is guaranteed.

This is exactly what I wanted to say ;)
Never say never ;) In a month things can change

I hope this FF will end with Buducnost as champion :D

damjansusleski

Postby damjansusleski » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Aldo there is still time to the F4 I want to write my opinion for the game Vardar-Buducnost.

I read a lot (I mean a loooot) these days, here, other forums, balkan-handball comments etc about this game and this comments made me to write this!

I read that will be easy win for Bud (not with this words), and I would say don’t underestimate Vardar early in this F4!
What Vardar did this year is something that is near sensation! Thay were collected, and some of the girls were here, but no one form them knew how this team will function! I read that Kastratovic is the weakest link in this team, and sometimes I agree with this, but when you think maybe she is not! If you can understand what she is speaking on the TO (and most of the people from MNG, SRB, BIH, CRO can) you can understand that she is pointing them the weakest and the strongest points of the opposite team. If you watch Vardar games, you will notice that on the game with Larvik in Skopje, she is telling them to stop Blanco, which was crucial during the match! You can find that Barbosa was not the top scorer of Thüringen on the both games with Vardar. I read that BUD left behind Krim and Larvik that were stronger than THC and FCM. If you remember VAR played with Larvik in the group stage and finished first. Varadar was first in his group by beating Larvik in Norway, and that is because Varadr finished his homework.
Never the last, VAR need time to make a TEAM, I agree on that. But that will be easy win for BUD, because for the granite defense I’m not sure…

A few words for Buducnost….
I watched many games from them (when Bojana and Katarina were in the team and now). If you can notice you will see the killer instinct that Bojana had and how that same instinct is transmitted to the other players. But Bojana have every right to have that instinct. Look at the attitude of Knezevic, Petrovic and Mehmedovic during the games. You will notice the ignorance they have for the game! Now is looking like ignorance, but when Bojana was playing it was no respect for the other team. When Bojana and Katerina were playing all the focus of the other team was on them, and players like Radicevic, Savic (Petrovic and Mehmedovic) and Knezevic could easy score. Now is not like this, that’s the reason for frustration of the players and that’s the reason for this attitude!

And for last, did anybody know Makovej Bogdan and Dragan Adzic before they came to Kometal and BUD?! No!
Now everybody speaking that they are the coach that brought Kometal and BUD to the first CL gold medal!

I’m very glad that Vardar came to the F4 this year and that is for every respect =D>
On the semifinal game, let the better team win!

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:15 pm

I think it's mainly because Vardar is a brand new team that people haven't grown accustomed to them yet and therefore hasn't the same sympathy. In two years time (or less), I'm sure they'll be respected for being a powerful team. Right now, people may be afraid they'll disappear tomorrow.

damjansusleski

Postby damjansusleski » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:14 pm

123123 wrote:I think it's mainly because Vardar is a brand new team that people haven't grown accustomed to them yet and therefore hasn't the same sympathy. In two years time (or less), I'm sure they'll be respected for being a powerful team. Right now, people may be afraid they'll disappear tomorrow.

True… the same thing happened with Kometal, Slagelse, Oltchim and several other teams! Team based on foreign players is great for the title but big risk to disappear in year or two!
But look Gyor, with best from the domestic players and dose dependent extra class foreigners made things happened!
If MKD have this kind of players one day, and that kind of things happen only if you work with youth categories, probably will be in this team.
Steriova and Crvenkovska are not CL or any other close to CL material. The same thing goes for Gjorgjievska!

I hope this team will be present in CL many many years from now.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Vardar on F4 is for you sensation? Oh come on, don't be silly... They've collected enough players to keep the rhythm when it counts, and were in 2 lucky groups, it'd be a sensation if THC kicked them out in Round 5.

It's hard to predict results on F4. Budućnost would be a favourite with old format of CL, but now everything can happen. Forum members name Budućnost as a favourite according to their form and games from the start. Vardar (till now) had no attack, unmotivated players, players out of form, superb referees, poor coach and brilliant Lekić who can produce goals from anywhere.

1,5 months to go... Damn :!: :lol:

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:40 pm

There's only one team in CL both Vardar and Buducnost have met, and that is FCM. From those four games, Buducnost is the team I'd think is strongest, but like Bo§ko says, anything can happen now.

jayjay89
Regular

Postby jayjay89 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Vardar (till now) had no attack, unmotivated players, players out of form, superb referees, poor coach and brilliant Lekić who can produce goals from anywhere.

I'm hugely dissappointed about Vardars performance... its very individual, and not at all a team effort.. I expected better from that lineup of players, so unless they get things in order for F4, buducnost will demolish them with the physical defense, and speedy offence..
But they are worldclass players, so maybe when the motivation is bigger, the performance will prevail..

123123 wrote:There's only one team in CL both Vardar and Buducnost have met, and that is FCM. From those four games, Buducnost is the team I'd think is strongest, but like Bo§ko says, anything can happen now.

Hard to judge, FCM was generally performing better in the preliminary round.. but unless Vardar steps up to the level they should be able to play on, it seems like an easy game for buducnost..

and allthough it get tirering to mention; anything can happen..
Dane Living in swedish excile...

Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord.... Loving it here, but missing home

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Vardar on F4 is for you sensation?

Now it's a sensation, but half year ago they all saw Vardar as a CL winner. o.O

Another thing, Larvik played without Leganger in the GP!!!

damjansusleski

Postby damjansusleski » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Vardar on F4 is for you sensation? Oh come on, don't be silly... They've collected enough players to keep the rhythm when it counts, and were in 2 lucky groups, it'd be a sensation if THC kicked them out in Round 5.

It's hard to predict results on F4. Budućnost would be a favourite with old format of CL, but now everything can happen. Forum members name Budućnost as a favourite according to their form and games from the start. Vardar (till now) had no attack, unmotivated players, players out of form, superb referees, poor coach and brilliant Lekić who can produce goals from anywhere.

1,5 months to go... Damn :!: :lol:

I didn’t say sensation… “every respect” were the words I used! I wrote this cause I saw on the match against Savenhof something I was thinking that is not true… but it seems it is!
When Pineau was organizing attack she told Lekic something about how should make organization of the attack, and Lekic just pass away her. The reaction from Pineau was [-X . That’s why I think it’s great that they are in F4! There is not fluid between the players.
Pineau and Lekic are 2 different playing styles, and when booth of the are in game it’s hard to organize something.

We will see… about “poor couch”, please read the line about Makovej and Adzic before CL final, thank you!

And about BUD defense, I don’t think that the ref will tolerate much after Knezevic attack! (my opinion)

p.s. I will use one Cervar quote: “I’m in this game because I believe that David can beat Goliath”. No problem for me if BUD is favorite. :)

GjorcePetrovFan

Postby GjorcePetrovFan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:18 am

John wrote:
Bo$ko wrote:Vardar on F4 is for you sensation?

Now it's a sensation, but half year ago they all saw Vardar as a CL winner. o.O

Cmon...Only one person on this forum might have said something like this, and I really, really hope that you dont think that all of us share his(or her) opinions...Most of us were just really glad to have a team in the CL again, after so many years, and we all knew that it would take some time before we get some results, regardless of the big names in the team.

dakicaska
Rookie

Postby dakicaska » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Vardar vs Buducnost? it will be easy win for Vardar

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:02 am

Probably it wont be an easy win but it's a mistake to underestimate Vardar. From Vardar point of view, it would be important to improve the offense. Andrea is fantastic, but another good production by a back is a must for f4.

cosimon
Regular

Postby cosimon » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:20 am

dakicaska wrote:Vardar vs Buducnost? it will be easy win for Vardar

Will it??? I guess we shall see how easy it will be...

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 am

bajkalb wrote:Probably it wont be an easy win but it's a mistake to underestimate Vardar. From Vardar point of view, it would be important to improve the offense. Andrea is fantastic, but another good production by a back is a must for f4.

I think it will be 9-7 to Buducnost. As Montenegrins will stop Lekic, Vardar can hardly score. On the other hand Buducnost (Adzic) don't give a s**t about attack... :p
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

ZRK Vardar
Extra Member

Postby ZRK Vardar » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:48 am

Vardar have a coach with no clue about handball coaching ( I did love here as player so it is not easy to be objective ).

No goalkeepers, no right back, and poor line players.

Amazing we made it to F4 with out all these elements.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:10 am

IMO this is not just about coaching. Vardar has a financial background to build a team but they only bought a lot of players without clear concept.

However, coaching is a problem, but management as well.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:12 am

because this edition was poorer! even Buducnost wasn`t very, very much. Neagu manages to be there the number 1 but she`s at 60%. Gyor under that coach is underperforming! it`s enough to see that Bulatovic is playing far from her best.

from the next season, I hope the level will get better, the squads to be improved and some other solid clubs to appear.

Return to “Female Handball”