Champions League 2014/2015 - Wild Card Tounaments

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
chameau91
Regular

Champions League 2014/2015 - Wild Card Tounaments

Postby chameau91 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:12 am

A lot of federations may apply for extra-Champions League ticket for their teams. Who are those teams?

For France : Metz is already qualified for the Main Round. But Fleury and Le Havre both applied for an extra-ticket. Issy-Paris choosed not to ask to participate to a wild-card tournament.

The EHF will decide on June, the 20th and 21st.

Corbantis
Extra Member

Re: Champions League 2014/2015 - Wild Card Tounaments

Postby Corbantis » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:33 am

chameau91 wrote:A lot of federations may apply for extra-Champions League ticket for their teams. Who are those teams?

For France : Metz is already qualified for the Main Round. But Fleury and Le Havre both applied for an extra-ticket. Issy-Paris choosed not to ask to participate to a wild-card tournament.

The EHF will decide on June, the 20th and 21st.

From Hungary: Győr already has a spot in Main Round (as Defending Champion and Hungarian Champion), FTC has a spot for the qualifiers, and most probably Érd will ask for a Wild Card too...

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:20 am

Has been decided the seeds for the CL group stage draw?
I wonder in which pot will be HCM Baia Mare.I hope at least 3 pot.Last year we were in the 4th pot.

Creamyboy
Regular

Postby Creamyboy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:07 am

When is the draw?

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:48 pm

MINAURHCMBM wrote:Has been decided the seeds for the CL group stage draw?
I wonder in which pot will be HCM Baia Mare.I hope at least 3 pot.Last year we were in the 4th pot.

Romania is entitled for a CHL spot in the Main Round, thanks to it's 5th place in the EHF 2014/2015 Cup Ranking. Baia Mare goes to Main Round from pot 2 or 3, IMO :)

Gerzson

Postby Gerzson » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:52 pm

MINAURHCMBM wrote:Has been decided the seeds for the CL group stage draw?

HCM were in pot 4 because they came from the qualifiers as Romanian runners-up. This year as Romanian champions they'll get an automatic place in the group stage, most likely allocated to pot 2.

Wonder if EHF will keep their own rules - no additional place for any federation above the given 5; a team can only compete in another cup if they give up their place in their original cup > only teams that qualified for a European cup can participate in any event...

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:40 pm

Thank you for the 2 answers. =D>
Last season, the CL group stage draw was made at the end of june. I cant wait to see in which group HCM Baia Mare will play! Bring on the draw ! 8:)

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:53 pm

MINAURHCMBM wrote:Thank you for the 2 answers. =D>
Last season, the CL group stage draw was made at the end of june. I cant wait to see in which group HCM Baia Mare will play! Bring on the draw ! 8:)

the draw will be on 27 of june.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:04 am

Spanish Champions Bera Bera says no to the Champions League: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... edit-text=

According to this they would have had to enter a wild card tournament. As it turns out they will do neither and may enter the EHF or CWC instead.
idle banter.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:34 am

HB9 wrote:Spanish Champions Bera Bera says no to the Champions League: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... edit-text=

According to this they would have had to enter a wild card tournament. As it turns out they will do neither and may enter the EHF or CWC instead.

Btw, Czech champion Most also won't play CL qualification.
source

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:02 am

HB9 wrote:Spanish Champions Bera Bera says no to the Champions League: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... edit-text=

What they exacty say is that they will not participate, because they couldn't find a sponsor for CHL, and yes, they would have to participate in the Wild Card Tournament. They are not willing to take a bank loan and put the whole sport club in danger, so they will participate either in EHF Cup or CWC (which will have major changes as well btw).

The last sentence says, that clubs can enroll for ECH/CWC till 7th of July.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:28 pm

http://www.svenskhandboll.se/Elitdam/Ny ... cupspelet/

Sävehof will have to qualify first. No direct place for them despite their excellent CL season this year.

Also of note: CWC entry goes to Skuru. Lugi and H65 Hoor to EHF-Cup. And finally no Swedish team wanted the two entrys for the Challenge Cup.
idle banter.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 pm

HB9 wrote:http://www.svenskhandboll.se/Elitdam/Nyheter/FyradamlagiEuropacupspelet/

Sävehof will have to qualify first. No direct place for them despite their excellent CL season this year.

Also of note: CWC entry goes to Skuru. Lugi and H65 Hoor to EHF-Cup. And finally no Swedish team wanted the two entrys for the Challenge Cup.

That's logic. SWE1 got the place in Group stage, because of cancelations, such as Oltchim and Dinamo. Now it seems that Krim and Hypo will play CL, also Dinamo?

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Hypo, yes and i believe the other two also.

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 pm

doomark wrote:Hypo, yes and i believe the other two also.

This is a joke, Krim and Hypo are simply not CHL material right now, and weakened Dynamo either. Rather Savehof...

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:00 am

Corbantis wrote:

This is a joke, Krim and Hypo are simply not CHL material right now, and weakened Dynamo either. Rather Savehof...

Its not a joke, Corbantis, that is how quickly economic situation can influence a club's future... As long as EHF keep all the rights and incomes, countries with little handball culture will massively suffer. Såvehof will make it through qualification.

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:49 am

Sávehof will probably do okay next season.

But they can't keep the A-team together any longer
and some players goes abroad now.
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:24 am

doomark wrote:
Corbantis wrote:

Its not a joke, Corbantis, that is how quickly economic situation can influence a club's future... As long as EHF keep all the rights and incomes, countries with little handball culture will massively suffer. Såvehof will make it through qualification.

I am talking about EHF, not the economical situation.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Women’s EHF Champions League teams announced for 2014/15: http://www.eurohandball.com/article/019 ... or+2014/15

Only three additional places have been granted: Byasen, HC Leipzig and HC Podravka Vegeta.
idle banter.

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:42 am

Well some of the "quali-teams" will be very disappointed if they don't make it for group stage....
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

Grzymisław
Extra Member

Postby Grzymisław » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:32 pm

It's strange that they allowed Podravka instead of one French team, don't you think?

I see FTC and Midtjylland favourites and Byasen and Leipzig competitive too.

chameau91
Regular

Postby chameau91 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Grzymisław wrote:It's strange that they allowed Podravka instead of one French team, don't you think?

I see FTC and Midtjylland favourites and Byasen and Leipzig competitive too.

That's a shame they did not give a WC to Fleury. It means that players such as Marta Mangué, Alexandrina Barbosa.. (half of the Spanish team in fact :lol: ) won't play the Champion's League next season.
But Fleury has infrastructures problems. Last season, they played in three different rooms :
- they have their small gymnasium (800 seats) that they almost never use anymore.
- they can play in Saran, a city located just next to Fleury. But they always have to deal with the male club which is the owner of the room (around 1500 seats I would say).
- or they either can play in Orléans (2500 seats)... But they also have to deal with the basket-ball club which always play in this room. ](*,)

And, on the other hand, Fleury is still a "young" club. Compared to Podravka, they just played their first wild car tournament last summer... And they lost against Zvezda in CWC's quarter final.

And Le Havre has never played the CL as well...

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:45 pm

MAX wrote:Well some of the "quali-teams" will be very disappointed if they don't make it for group stage....

Grzymisław wrote:I see FTC and Midtjylland favourites and Byasen and Leipzig competitive too.

I think it will only be exciting if FCM and FTC will end up in the same qualifying group. If not, they are favourites for the last two remaining places...

chameau91 wrote:And Le Havre has never played the CL as well...

Le Harves request for an additional place was a bit optimistic. ;) But if you don't try, you don't succeed, I suppose. :D
idle banter.

Corbantis
Extra Member

Postby Corbantis » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 pm

http://cms.eurohandball.com/PortalData/ ... _FINAL.pdf

Pots ready for qualification and group matches draws

After the EHF Executive decided on the teams taking part in the Women’s EHF Champions League in the 2014/15 season last Friday, seedings of teams both for the qualification and the group matches draw have been released.

The qualification draw will take place on Thursday, 26 June 2014 at 14:00 hrs at the EHF Office in Vienna, the group matches draw will follow on Friday, 27 June 2014 at 18:00 hrs at the Gartenhotel Altmannsdorf in Vienna.

Two tickets from the qualification

The qualification will be played on 20 and 21 September in two tournaments, winners of which will be awarded with places in the group matches.

The matches from each tournament will be played in one venue with two semi-finals, where teams from Pot 4 will meet teams from Pot 1 and teams from Pot 3 will face teams from Pot 2, followed by finals. The pairings and the right to organise tournaments will be drawn on 26 June.

Pot 1: FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria (HUN), FC Midtjylland (DEN)
Pot 2: Byasen Trondheim (NOR), HC Leipzig (GER)
Pot 3: HC Podravka Vegeta (CRO), HC BNTU-BelAz Minsk (BLR)
Pot 4: Sercodak/Dalfsen (NED), ZRK Radnicki Kragujevac (SRB)

Defending champions in Pot 1

The group phase draw will follow one day after the qualification draw. 14 directly seeded teams plus two qualification groups’ winners will be divided in four pots with four teams in each pot. Teams will not be able to face opponents from the same country in the group.

Pot 1: Györi Audi ETO KC (HUN), WHC Buducnost (MNE), Larvik HK (NOR), RK Krim Ljubljana (SLO)
Pot 2: Viborg HK (DEN), HCM Baia Mare (ROU), Thüringer HC (GER), Dinamo-Sinara Volgograd (RUS)
Pot 3: WHC Vardar SCBT (MKD), Metz Handball (FRA), Hypo Niederösterreich (AUT), RK Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO)
Pot 4: IK Sävehof (SWE), MKS Selgros Lublin (POL), winner of Qualification Group 1, winner of Qualification Group 2

Krim in pot1 is a joke...

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:45 pm

So...We could have in a group 3 teams from FINAL4 :?

the strongest: Gyor, Baia Mare/Viborg, Vardar and FCM
the weakest: Krim, Dinamo, Hypo and Lublin.... Lublin would win this group :D

I'm agree with you @Corbantis, but how else would have could EHF to divide these teams? ;)
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

Return to “Female Handball”