Champions League 2014/2015 - Wild Card Tounaments

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Champions League 2014/2015 - Wild Card Tounaments

Postby heavenly » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Vardar should be in pot 1 instead of Krim.
Very strange seedings from EHF. :shock:

But the good news is: FCM and FTC won't meet each other in the
qualification tournaments. So both teams should qualify for the
Group Matches normally...

MINAURHCMBM

Postby MINAURHCMBM » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Good pot for HCM Baia Mare.I want a group with gyor and hypo. Vienna a beautiful capital 8:)

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Krim is in pot1, because of two main rounds, and one semifinal in past 3 seasons, while Vardar has only one semifinal... :roll:

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:34 pm

heavenly wrote:
But the good news is: FCM and FTC won't meet each other in the
qualification tournaments. So both teams should qualify for the
Group Matches normally...

I understood it the disapointing opposite way: FCM and FTC should play semi-finals against teams on pot4 and, eventually wining these semi-finals, should enconter in a final dispute for one place in CL's group phase. :-k

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:05 pm

There are two qualification tournaments. Besides, FTC and FCM are the two top seedings.
So both teams can't meet each other in the same tournament. That's impossible !

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:20 pm

heavenly wrote:There are two qualification tournaments. Besides, FTC and FCM are the two top seedings.
So both teams can't meet each other in the same tournament. That's impossible !

Oh, now I see... :oops:
Obviously, each tournment will have one team from each pot... ](*,)
Well, better this way, it would be very disappointing to have FTC and FCM fighting each other for one spot on CL's group phase.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 am

Looks like both tournaments will be streamed live on ehfTV. :) I assume the finals (and maybe third place) match will be added as well at a later stage.

FC Midtjylland - WHC Radnicki Kragujevac: http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/live/fc-mid ... 23475.html

Byasen Trondheim - HC Podravka Vegeta: http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/live/byasen ... 23474.html

HC Leipzig - BNTU BelAZ Minsk Reg: http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/live/hc-lei ... 21855.html

FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria - SERCODAK Dalfsen: http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/live/ftc-ra ... 21853.html
idle banter.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:01 am

I hope Line Jørgensen and Susan Thorsgaard will be ready to play ! Both players have some
problems with their knees. Fingers crossed [-o<

Leipzig will be the hosts for the other tournament. So it won't be easy for FTC to qualify
for the CL. The Germans can create surprise !

Sarah
Regular

Postby Sarah » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:08 pm

I now it is a bit off topic, but will there be a manager games on this site this year?

RukometSRB

Postby RukometSRB » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:53 am

Radnicki will play with Podravka tomorrow in the final of this CL qf tournament, i expect full hall and interesting match, this is a great success for this club.

After Zajecar went down the drain last year Radnicki stepped in their place and is currently the strongest club in Serbia, basketball club from Kragujevac is on the verge of being folded and will not play in the regional league this season (big money was invested in them previous years), so now the city will probably give more money to other clubs so this is the best time for this women's club to reach CL and turn attention to them and with some more money even create a team that will be capable of serious results in the CL.

CSM Bucharest

Postby CSM Bucharest » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:47 am

Shocking result! In AET actually.

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 pm

CSM Bucharest wrote:Shocking result! In AET actually.

You spoke too fast. No words left for FTC-Leipzig :D .

_risk_
Regular

Postby _risk_ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Anicia Juliana wrote:
CSM Bucharest wrote:Shocking result! In AET actually.

You spoke too fast. No words left for FTC-Leipzig :D .

Happy for Leipzig. We are all talking how FTC will go easy throw. Na-a. I'm just a little bit sad for Kragujevac...

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aylgu_un1AM

the key moment for FTC prostest the result today morning officially.

agree that sounds like the goal was too late.the refs are really wierd as you can see. the line refs show it was invalid but after that she joined to the field ref. anyway, every single (real) FTC fan said that HCL deserved to join to the CL, because FRADI beated themselves along with the incompetent coach elek. and the prostest doesnt change the fact that its time to leave for him.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm

gergő wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aylgu_un1AM

the key moment for FTC prostest the result today morning officially.

agree that sounds like the goal was too late.the refs are really wierd as you can see. the line refs show it was invalid but after that she joined to the field ref. anyway, every single (real) FTC fan said that HCL deserved to join to the CL, because FRADI beated themselves along with the incompetent coach elek. and the prostest doesnt change the fact that its time to leave for him.

Just because you dislike Elek, it doesn't mean that HCL deserve it more... :-k

FTC was leading the whole match, it was in their hand, I still don't understand what they did in last minutes. Leipzig fought well, did not give up, that's all from their side.

And about referees... I have never seen something like this. This is actually one of the most scandalous match in my memories. Until the last few seconds they were good but first the German coach could persuade them and they changed their previous call, then Kudlacz scores clearly (the ball was not in the air but in her hand at that moment...) after the buzzer. Ridiculous, like in an amateur league. :lol:

I feel sorry for FTC players as they wanted to prove this season but 2014/2015 is over for them, already in September.
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

zorasourit
Handball Fan-atic

Postby zorasourit » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 am

How can anyone be sorry for FTC players? It was in their hands, would they have taken Leipzig seriously over 60 minutes, it would have been a rather one-sided affair. There were more chances to break HCL's neck than one can remember. The Germans did nothing special but they did it in an extremely intelligent manner and very fast (I am sensing some similarities to a certain team called FCM that humilitated Ferencváros last year with an obviously better squad than Leipzig) plus with reasonable goalkeeping.

Pretty much everyone believed when FTC defeated Győr in the Hungarian League roughly a year ago that a new age has begun. Well, it did, but not how we expected it. It's way too late but still time to get rid of Elek, who has been bloody useless the last year and at least to persuade Szamoránsky and Vérten to retire not to make an even more pathetic joke of themselves. Instead, get a proper GK coach, make a contract amendment to Tomori and Cifra, forching them to RUN.

I dream of Gheorghe Tadici taking over the team. Several players would deserve it.

Update:
OK, I am sorry for Tomasevic since she was clearly injured and unwell.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:47 am

Galpa wrote:Kudlacz scores clearly (the ball was not in the air but in her hand at that moment...) after the buzzer.

Yes, no doubt. Note, however, that the buzzer was way too early: there were 2 seconds left from the game but the buzzer came 1 single second after the whistle (and the ball was in the net 1.9 seconds after the whistle). So we must admit that if the buzzer had been started in the correct time, FTC wouldn't have any reason for protest. (The correct decision in this situation had been to set the clock back to 69:58 and order HCL to do the free throw once again, a score after the buzzer may not be accepted, even if the buzzer was too early).

On the other side I absolutely agree that what happened after 69:58 was very, very far from professional behavior. The referees and the EHF delegate shall be banned for at least one year.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:01 am

Germanicus wrote:Yes, no doubt. Note, however, that the buzzer was way too early: there were 2 seconds left from the game but the buzzer came 1 single second after the whistle (and the ball was in the net 1.9 seconds after the whistle). So we must admit that if the buzzer had been started in the correct time, FTC wouldn't have any reason for protest. (The correct decision in this situation had been to set the clock back to 69:58 and order HCL to do the free throw once again, a score after the buzzer may not be accepted, even if the buzzer was too early).

On the other side I absolutely agree that what happened after 69:58 was very, very far from professional behavior. The referees and the EHF delegate shall be banned for at least one year.

Exactly my thoughts Germanicus.
In addition, something needs to be done with this TO rule. They demanded that time is stopped as few times as possible for the fluidity of the game and I somehow get this, although I don't completely agree as it clearly violates the notion of effective time of play which is really important in sports like handball or basketball.
Let's say we have to accept this (although it's for the sake of TV production). But, something needs to be done about the last minute. I think at least the last minute of every half should be guaranteed to be played in its entirety. That means that if a TO is needed for the ball to be taken from the stands or there was a foul and the players need to reset, the refs should stop the clock. HCL lost around 6 additional seconds because the refs simply didn't WANT to stop the clock when awarding the foul in the first instance.

Then, what happened after 69:58 is just an insult to players and public. First the refs allowed for the 2 seconds to run (THEY demanded it, not even the FTC players could believe it) and asked for a direct shot. Then after the Germans (rightfully) felt this is wrong and started to protest, the ONE (!) ref which went to the match officials ignored their indication of how much time is left. All this, to finally allow for 2s (there were way more left - and I even think FTC could've benefited had there been a 6-8s action) and for that horn to blow earlier than it should, hence the FTC discontent.

All in all, an unnecessary circus (coaches running on the field, jumping like crazy, confused players etc.) which could have been avoided, had the refs showed better judgement (instead of the classic God-complex that most of them have on the court). In addition, good enough reasons for the EHF to do something about this stupid clock stopping rule that hasn't brought anything better to the game (how much time was there lost now with this whole circus?).

max
Extra Member

Postby max » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 am

Anyone knows what exactly the rules say?
If there is a 7m in 59:58 the refs always let the time run out and then carry out the 7m.
A 9m free throw is different or what in minute 59:58 ?

And I agree, in last minute of the game it would be okay with more "ref-timeouts" for a fair finish.
- do the future belong to the mad ? -

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

the ehf officially refused the protest referring to formal error(s).

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:05 pm

MAX wrote:Anyone knows what exactly the rules say?
If there is a 7m in 59:58 the refs always let the time run out and then carry out the 7m.
A 9m free throw is different or what in minute 59:58 ?

No, there is no difference, I mean in the rules. But a free throw may be used indirectly (just like in this case!) if it is in the game, but must be thrown directly if it is after time.
However, even with a 7m throw the time need not let to run out, it is only a habit, not a compulsory behavior.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:15 pm

mikh wrote:HCL lost around 6 additional seconds because the refs simply didn't WANT to stop the clock when awarding the foul in the first instance.

Correction: they did not want to stop the clock at all. But then they decided to suspend Tomori (big failure, a direct red card and a report had been compulsory!), and for a suspenion the clock must be stopped any way. They stopped the clock at 69:58.

All this, to finally allow for 2s (there were way more left

No, there were exactly 2 seconds left, see my previous comment.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:40 pm

At the FCM vs Radnicki match on saturday the horn/buzzer also went off four seconds early after the first 5 minutes in extra time: http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/video/fc-mi ... 30305.html

Althought it didn't matter in that match.

It's very confusing for us spectators...
idle banter.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:32 pm

gergő wrote:the ehf officially refused the protest referring to formal error(s).

Bunch of useless people these FTC leaders...
Formal errors? What is so hard to understand in putting the protest in writing and giving it to the EHF official in 1 hour???

Aikurn
Regular

Postby Aikurn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:Bunch of useless people these FTC leaders...
Formal errors? What is so hard to understand in putting the protest in writing and giving it to the EHF official in 1 hour???

Don't be so naive. Even if FTC had/has done everything by the book, the EHF would have never accepted the protest. It would have meant a delay of weeks for the organization of the group games. And how would they solve it? A repeat of the match? It would have pissed off the rest of the clubs for not knowing where they would have to travel, pissed off TV, journalists... It's just bad marketing and a big big mess. It's just easier to say that the referees are perfect and that "no signs of malpractice have been found". :-"

Return to “Female Handball”