https://www.facebook.com/ViborgHK/photo ... permPage=1

And Burgaard cried after the end of the match. Sad goodbye to the Viborg
supporters at home. But there's still one return match at Holstebro to
decide who will be the Bronze winner...

Massive photos from the DM-finale, first leg:
http://kennethrosenkilde.zenfolio.com/p317731059

By the way, I thought Stephanie Andersen (young FCM keeper) had a serious
injury. That's why they signed Vojcic. But Stephanie played a few minutes
at the end of the CWC finale (2nd leg)...

Aw, Fisker and Bur :(

They let Stephanie finish the season, after that she'll have an operation and be out a long time

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Danish League 2014/2015

Postby red and white » Thu May 21, 2015 9:08 am

The season is almost over and looking back at the results from the European competitions had me thinking: Is the Danish League still the best league in the world?

I would say it depends on the criteria. The top level of the very best team/teams - or the overall level of all 12 teams in the championship.

It´s quite clear that Denmark no longer has a team that can be a serious contender for the champions League title, but the teams are generally solid enough to continuously win the EHF cup and Cup winners Cup.

I assume the Hungarian league might be considered the strongest League in the upcoming season. They have a fantastic top team in Györ as well as FTC - and very competitive teams just below them as well. The Romanian League is also a serious contender.

The Russian League fell a bit short this season considering their best teams failed against opponents such as Fleury or Tvis Holstebro.

The German league has many good teams as well, but the fact that the the league leader Buxtehuder was eliminated by a Turkish(!) team speaks for itself.

Finally we have the French League, but they disappoint me as well. I watched Fleury in the final against FC Midtjylland and even though Midtjylland played horribly and only had three back players available(Alstad and Line Jørgensen injured), they beat them with relative ease. What I noticed about the French team was how unfit they were. Especially the French players were quite heavy and did not look like professional athletes.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:33 am

Oh dear, red and white, you do realise that you opened a can of worms now. :p

red and white wrote:The German league has many good teams as well, but the fact that the the league leader Buxtehuder was eliminated by a Turkish(!) team speaks for itself.

It's a bit uncalled for to judge a whole league by one (!) poor game which was lost by 60 minutes of technical faults in every attack. Still, I wished Buxtehude would not take part in international competition, they just haven't figured out how to play internationally (apart from two or three very good results) and I rather see their european entry go to another team. Blomberg by comparison did much better in the CWC, even though they are just an average team in the league.

How about two teams in the CL main round? One of those two teams will probably only finish 5th in the league this season. And the other one once again missed the Final-4 by one point for the second year in a row.

But I am not even trying to claim that the German league is the best. That would be ridiculous.

red and white wrote:What I noticed about the French team was how unfit they were. Especially the French players were quite heavy and did not look like professional athletes.

Can't say I noticed that. Only the pivot seems a bit larger, but so is Cvijic. 8:)

Comparing leagues by international results is very dangerous anyway - often games are decided by playing styles which do (or don't) suit one of the teams better than the other. All I can say (to stay on topic :) ) the Danish league offers the most entertainment on the playing field for me. Their players just have a bit more style than the others, and that is the most important aspect for me personally to judge it as the best. =D>
idle banter.

JanniB
Extra Member

Postby JanniB » Thu May 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Game of May 21, 2015

Team Tvis Holstebro – Viborg HK 33-28 (14-14)

Team Tvis Holstebro: Ann Grete Nørgaard 10, Nathalie Hagman 9, Linn Blohm 8, Stine Andersen 2, Lærke Møller 2, Jamina Roberts 1, Kristina Kristiansen 1

Viborg HK: Louise Burgaard 5, Isabella Gullden 4, Sanja Damnjanovic 4, Rikke Erhardsen Skov 3, Mette Gravholt 3, Kirsten Helene Balle 3, Sarah Andreassen 3, Louise Lyksborg 3

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Well after having followed international club handball for quite some time, it's my impression that one cannot easily compare league strength and strength in Europe.

E.g. TE have good chances of winning the danish league and they were eliminated by Erdi, meanwhile FTC, the Hungarian champion lost clearly to FCM, or FCM and FTC not even qualifying for CL, so I wouldn't hold those results against any of those teams.

I remember back when Slagelse was the DK powerhouse. They could lose the league gold to VHK 50% of the times, but in Europe, Slagelse was a much more dangerous opponent.. ironically they were eliminated by VHK one season.

PS: Congrats TTH!

PoloMarco
Rookie

Postby PoloMarco » Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 pm

red and white wrote: What I noticed about the French team was how unfit they were. Especially the French players were quite heavy and did not look like professional athletes.

That's really true, but only for Fleury team (mainly for the pivot, but not only). This corresponds to a "particular" handball philosophy of the Coach, Frédéric Bougeant. I have to admit that it is very, very unpleasant to see, ... :? :( :(

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:25 am

Time for making status. My personal lists for the season:

Most positive:

-Jette Hansen, AC la Cour and Silkeborgs surprisingly good season
-Sarah Iversen and Stine Bodholts season - suddenly we have several good prospects for the LP position on NT, and they can play both ways.
-TTH winning in russia (despite the club selling the homecourt) and taking EHF gold + DM bronze
-That Lærke Møller has played a whole season apparently without major injuries occuring (and that despite playing alot)
-Getting to know better Silje Solberg and Nathalie Hagman + the first half season Silje had in TTH
-Fie Wollers second half of the season, seeing her find her confidence again
-Rikke Skov returning from injury better than ever
-Freja Cohrt starting to show her potential
-In general seeing many familiar and/or new names popping up: Besides those already mentioned - Amanda Brogaard, Line Uno, Mie Højlund, AM Pedersen
-Rikke Poulsens season

Most negative:

-The Viborg situation (Financial, management of situation with Dalmose, injuries), not winning anything with the players they have (I know, injuries, but still)
-HC Odense missing the play offs and Greve, Offendal underperforming (at least for part of the season)
-Randers and Schumachers season
-Skive withdrawing their team so late
-The pokalfinale (so dull and lousy quality)
-FCM missing CL
-CPH first half season and missing play offs
-The concussions especially in Søs Søby and Maria Fiskers cases. Apparently Fisker should be training again ( [-o< ). I so hope for Søby she'll get rid of her headaches by getting help in the US!

My allstar team:

-LW: AG Nørgaard : Fisker out so... But great second half season from F. Woller too. However AG is just a scoring machine (even if she's been a bit more unstable this season)
-LB: Estevana Polman: Hardest choice. If it was CL matches, I'd give it to Sanja Damnjanovic but she hasn't been as good in Danish League matches and she was injured a long time. Polman defense is lacking and Skov and Jette Hansen could get it too. But I think in the end I'll go with Polman, cause she has that extra quality to decide the matches.
-PM: Nycke Groot : Duh
-RB: Louise Burgaard: I'm not neutral here, I know :D But I do believe Burgaard deserves it for being the clear topscorer of VHK with 132 goals and having pulled alot of weight in VHK all season with all the injuries and in both ends of court. I could very well have picked Line Jørgensen and la Cour too, but la Cour needs some more defending for that IMO and Line J has been able to get more rest than Bur (just a youngster as sub but still, FCM has been able to rest her. There were several matches where Bur was not rested at all except when she got suspensions). Nathalie Hagman would have been a good choice too, but I missed her in the DM play offs, when it counted the most. And she's been able to get some rest as well.
-RW: Trine Østergaard Nathalie Hagman could get it too, but she's better as RB.
-LP: Stine Bodholt Could have gone with Sarah Iversen too, but Bodholt is in the play offs and DM final + played herself on NT, so I'll go with her.
-GK: Sabine Englert: "The silent killer". No one really comes close allthough she was matched by Silje Solberg in the first half of season but in the end alot more stable.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Fri May 22, 2015 12:56 pm

masch1 wrote:Time for making status. My personal lists for the season:

ty for this summary. glad to read post like this in this forum.
what you think guys, can fcm win away too? how was the 1st leg? the +1 was thinner than i expected.

HBJ-KBH
Regular

Postby HBJ-KBH » Fri May 22, 2015 1:19 pm

gergő wrote:

what you think guys, can fcm win away too? how was the 1st leg? the +1 was thinner than i expected.

1 leg was close but FCM had every chance to win the first match with five goals.

i believe tomorrows match is going to be very close again.
som handball experts (Trine Nielsen and Peter Brunn Jørgensen) still thinks that FCM is favorites, bacuase of there experience in these matches.

i Believe and hope that FCM will make it and be champions, but Esbjerg is a good team. either way, it will be well deserved ;)

My allstar team.
LW: AG Nørregaard
LB: Rikke Skov
PM: Nycke Groot
RB: AC LA cour
RW: N. Hagman
LP: Iversen
GK: Englert

i know i don't have any Esbjerg players. but that's mainly because they are where they are, because of the hole team, and how they work together.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:05 pm

gergő wrote:

Thank you
FCM had a 100% chance to bring themselves in front with 5 goals shortly before time but they missed and instead Esbjerg got to catch up. I was surprised too that they let it happen.
I'm pretty confident FCM will win the 2nd leg on one account of two things especially - defense and Englert, even if Line J can't play. The match is sold out and it's drawing alot of attention in Esbjerg, but I think that will also put some pressure on Esbjerg, even if they say they can play freely because they've already achieved what they wanted. It's the DM gold, they have a chance to win for the first time for Esbjerg. They are bound to feel some pressure at least :)

But yes as HBJ-KBH says it might be close again. Esbjerg doesn't give up easily.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:49 pm

FCM DM Champions =D> 8:) :D Congratulations!

Also congrats to Esbjerg on the silver medals, it was a killer final. Can't remember one as exciting since the 3 Randers vs. FCM finals (was it 2012?)

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:55 pm

masch1 wrote:congrats to Esbjerg on the silver medals

Thank you.

Congrats FCM.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sun May 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Congrats FCM ! It was a fantastic season with 4 titles:
Super Cup, Danish Cup, CWC and Danish Champions. =D>