2014/15 Champions League - Group Stage - Round 1

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

2014/15 Champions League - Group Stage - Round 1

Postby Bo$ko » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:19 am

Champions League starts this Friday, so It's time to discuss about 1st round and CL generally... :)

Friday, 17/10
19:00 - Ljubljana
RK Krim Mercator (SLO) vs Hypo Niederösterreich (AUT)

17:00 - Baia Mare - Maramures
HCM Baia Mare (ROU) vs MKS Selgros Lublin (POL)

Saturday, 18/10
16:30 - Volgograd
Dinamo-Sinara (RUS) vs HC Leipzig (GER)

18:30 - Larvik
Larvik (NOR) vs Metz Handball (FRA)

Sunday, 19/10
19:00 - Podgorica
Budućnost (MNE) vs WHC Vardar SCBT (MKD)

14:30 - Nordhausen
Thüringer HC (GER) vs HC Podravka Vegeta (CRO)

19:00 - Györ
Györi Audi ETO (HUN) vs HC Lokomotiva Zagreb (CRO)

15:10 - Viborg
Viborg HK A/S (DEN) vs IK Sävehof (SWE)

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2014/15 Champions League - Group Stage - Round 1

Postby Des57 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Friday, 17/10

HCM Baia Mare (ROU) vs MKS Selgros Lublin (POL) Not as easy as many expect,but a win.

Saturday, 18/10

Larvik (NOR) vs Metz Handball (FRA) Larvik with Frafjord and Wojtas are title contenders

Sunday, 19/10
Budućnost (MNE0 vs WHC Vardar SCBT (MKD) Game of the round.I'm going for a draw.

Dofer

Postby Dofer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:51 pm

Finally it's going to start =D>

In general, I think the way to the 1/4 finals is quite clear. Gyor, Larvik, Baia Mare and Viborg should qualify from groups c+d. Buducnost,Vardar and 2 out of Thuringer, Leipzig and Dinamo should qualify from groups a+b. Also I think that Baia Mara is somewhat underrated, bet365 gives them only 1 to 50 chance to win the CL. For me this team is almost as good as Larvik, Budu and Vardar.

Friday, 17/10
Both teams lost most of its important players, but Krim at least brought some modest enforcement.

HCM as I mentioned is one of my favorites to the final4. Lublin without Wojtas is not the same team.

Saturday, 18/10
I don't really know Dinamo, neither the injury situation in Leipzig, so I just go with the home team.

Should be a pleasure to watch Larvik this season.

Sunday, 19/10
These teams are so equal, and both of them liked draws last season, including between them in the final4. Like des57, a draw for me too.

Thuringer is weaker than last season, Podravka is stronger than last season, but still Thuringer is stronger than Podravka.

The most boring game of the round.

Savehof will miss Roberts, Blohm and Fogelstrom, Viborg will miss its deeper squad, but it won't be needed in this game.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Friday, 17/10
Booooooooooooooooooring x2!

Saturday, 18/10
I think Dinamo will dominate in this group.

Sunday, 19/10
My wish. Home crowd.

I really don't know. It can go either way.

Everyone is expecting Viborg to win, but i don't know really. But they are favorites.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:27 am

Friday, 17/10
Well, not clear what to expect from these 2 teams, but I guess Krim will win it.

Without Wojtas they're weaker, but she was stopped few times last season too, and they played good. Dzukeva must be in good form, if they want to upset favourites. :)

Saturday, 18/10
HCL will fight hard, but Dinamo should win this.

Everyone ignored Metz, I think they have a quality to make a mess in this group.

Sunday, 19/10
Budućnost had no problem with ex-Krim back line. I hope for win.

THC with injury problems and without Barbosa... It'll be hard but they're strong on home field.

Not that easy win for ETO...

Open match. I predict an another poor season for VHK in CL. Don't believe they'll make it to the QFs. Lokomotiva has wider roster with lots of Croatian NT players, and I believe they can finish 2nd in this group.

I.L.T.
Handball Fan-atic

Postby I.L.T. » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:24 pm

Friday, 17/10
RK Krim Mercator (SLO) vs Hypo Niederösterreich (AUT) 22-20
Low scoring game tat go both ways, Costa, sanko and Gomez just back from injyries, that can be the reason for Krim victory.

HCM Baia Mare (ROU) vs MKS Selgros Lublin (POL) 25-19
Lublin still okat defence but who will score the gol for Lublin now? Malek?

Saturday, 18/10
Dinamo-Sinara (RUS) vs HC Leipzig (GER)28-27
So happy to have a russian team back - and a great mix og talent and exprience, weak position IMO is the line, do they onlye have El Ghuovia there?

Can Toft preform in Champions League as well? so many years with an outstanding Leganger and now new but strong keeper is she can find here old lavel - Gro and Anja looks a bit below their old lavel this year? I am a bit disapointed with Metz this year a lot of good players but missing the X-factor IMO.

Sunday, 19/10

Board indexThe team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Think I will go for something possitive here - Handball is just a great sport!

Dofer

Postby Dofer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Babi Arenhart is in fantastic form, and her passes were perfect. I'm half-Argentine and it's not easy for me to compliment a Brazilian player, but she deserves it.

Baia Mare has such a deep squad, so many good players, it can be confusing...

Have I heard Baia Mare's fans cheering Lublin's players after the game? I always liked these fans, and I respect them even more for that.

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Dofer wrote: I'm half-Argentine and it's not easy for me to compliment a Brazilian player
:shock: [-X

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Victory :)

Larvik - Metz 25:20 (11:11)

Sandra Toft showed that she can replace Leganger, and thank God for that :)

Metz was no walkover whatever this forum thinks, and when Andryushina sparks all her plugs, Larvik will get big trouble in France that's for sure. Metz is a very good team indeed...

However, this was Nora Mørks match, and she was on fire. 11 goals all in all. Congratz :)

John

Postby John » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:24 am

So, Buducnost won 23:17 and it was a well deserved victory.

Since i was watching closely the reactions of Kastratovic, Lekic and Radicevic i saw that they were unsatified with the refrees, so i watched the game again at home.

All i can say is that they don't have the right to complain, yes the refrees made exactly 4 mistakes in favor of Buducnost in the second half, but they made more than that in favor of Vardar. Also, i saw those ironic smiles on Kastratovic face everytime Buducnost got the penalty. Well Lazovic-Varlec was always defending inside the 6m space, once the refrees even whistled attacking foul for Pavicevic and it was clear that Lazovic-Varlec was inside the 6m space.

The better team won, Buducnost was well prepared for Vardar, and their defence was excellent, no goals from the line player and only 4 goals from the wing. The scoring percentage of Vardar was 37%, they played really bad and that's why they lost.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:45 am

Typical for Indira Kastratović, when she can't prove something on field that she's worthy to be a coach of this club. Adžić prepared well for their back line, and line players were totally out of the match.
Klikovac is the best defender in Vardar, and I can't really understand why Indira was shouting on her while other players (Althaus, Lekić, Penezić...) were disaster in defence.

damjansusleski

Postby damjansusleski » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:04 pm

I watch the game bud-var and I can say that the better TEAM won the game! Buducnost coach knew what to do and when to use who, no doubt of that.

In the second half Vardar played better defense but still was far behind to do something.
It was not equal game… imagine Buducnost not to have Zderic (Leynaud), Dalby (Khmyrova) and Byzdra (Pineau)! [-(

About the refs I’m not glad that they didn’t see the hit from Suzana Lazovic to Lazovic-Varlec face in the second half.. It was knock out! She hit with her right hand direct hit in Varlec face!!! That is for sure 2 min… [-X

No matter what, Vardar lost the game and they have to deal with that. They have to learn to be a team! Indira have to make the function like one. Will she? We will see on the end of the season.

It was not Indira smile that was problem with Buducnost 7m… it was how to score from the 7m line (8/4)!

And about making faces… look Cvijic face when Penezic make foul to her…. It was like OMG-SHOCK-how could she do such bad think-drama!

damjansusleski

Postby damjansusleski » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:06 pm

I watch the game bud-var and I can say that the better TEAM won the game! Buducnost coach knew what to do and when to use who, no doubt of that.

In the second half Vardar played better defense but still was far behind to do something.
It was not equal game… imagine Buducnost not to have Zderic (Leynaud), Dalby (Khmyrova) and Byzdra (Pineau)! [-(

About the refs I’m not glad that they didn’t see the hit from Suzana Lazovic to Lazovic-Varlec face in the second half.. It was knock out! She hit with her right hand direct hit in Varlec face!!! That is for sure 2 min… [-X

No matter what, Vardar lost the game and they have to deal with that. They have to learn to be a team! Indira have to make the function like one. Will she? We will see on the end of the season.

It was not Indira smile that was problem with Buducnost 7m… it was how to score from the 7m line (8/4)!

And about making faces… look Cvijic face when Penezic make foul to her…. It was like OMG-SHOCK-how could she do such bad think-drama!

John

Postby John » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:29 pm

damjansusleski wrote:I watch the game bud-var and I can say that the better TEAM won the game! Buducnost coach knew what to do and when to use who, no doubt of that.

Thank you for your honesty.

damjansusleski wrote:About the refs I’m not glad that they didn’t see the hit from Suzana Lazovic to Lazovic-Varlec face in the second half.. It was knock out! She hit with her right hand direct hit in Varlec face!!! That is for sure 2 min…

Yes, of course. That was one of the mistakes the refrees did. Also not whistling the fouls on Penezic, Lekic and Radicevic all in the second half.
But as they made mistakes on one side they made it on the other as well. Like too many steps x2 by Lazovic-Varlec, fouls on Bulatovic and Petrovic etc.

damjansusleski wrote:And about making faces… look Cvijic face when Penezic make foul to her…. It was like OMG-SHOCK-how could she do such bad think-drama!

TBH i don't care about that, ionly mentioned Kastratovic and those 2 players because they always complain about the refrees, and i wanted to watch the game to see why are they always making that f uss and are they right and i saw they're not.

Return to “Female Handball”