EC-Final day!

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
hand22
Rookie

EC-Final day!

Postby hand22 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Sweden Montenegro - i think this time sweden will prevail..they deserved medal :p

Norway Spain- i said that Norway wins it all and i stay with that opinion :p

frenchy

Re: EC-Final day!

Postby frenchy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:29 pm

hand22 wrote:Sweden Montenegro - i think this time sweden will prevail..they deserved medal :p

Norway Spain- i said that Norway wins it all and i stay with that opinion :p

Agree !

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:34 am

Sweden - Montenegro -This will be Sweden for sure. The defending EC champion have made a pretty bad figure of themselves with Lazovic who should have been send home instead of a one-game ban. Sweden really wants a medal this time, and they will get it too. Revenge is sweet :)

Norway - Spain -When a Swedish reporter asked Spain which opponent they would prefer in the final, their answer was Norway. Not because Sweden was better than Norway, but to finally get REVENGE they are longing for!
Yep, this is it. Spain knows exactly what they are meeting, and won't give anything for free this time (did they ever do?). Both Spain and Norway were the only teams with full pot from the first round, and even delivered best match so far at EC. I guess it's no coincidence they meet again in the final :)

Dofer wrote:...I usually support the underdogs, but Norway is such an attractive team, with so many wonderful players, that I find myself cheering for them. Plus they have Nora Mork...

Well, what's not to like :) We have the very best girls in the world, and while Denmark (and all others) is dreaming of a final for God knows how many years now, we have been there seven times in a row. Just give it a thought...hehe..it's almost beyond spectacular indeed- 6 lost matches from 1994 until today in EC in total, quite unreal really :)

Spain is warming up with beers and cigarettes, so if I ever was in doubt, I'm not anymore. Our girls will basically kill them with no mercy at all, full force this time with no hidden weapons. I feel sorry for Spain already :)
Last edited by Mr. 007 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:02 am

If there is any justice in this world, these Swedish starlets will fail today. :)

After all their outrageous statements over the past two weeks, the cherry on the cake is saying "We will just beat up those damn Montenegrins", which is probably an unprecedented case of bitchiness in professional sport.

Montenegro's task is to show them that their place is not on the podium, but on a front page of Daily Mail and likes, together with Paris Hilton and other blondes of their league. :)

Hajas
Extra Member

Re:

Postby Hajas » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:31 am

Stefan_MNE wrote:If there is any justice in this world, these Swedish starlets will fail today. :)

After all their outrageous statements over the past two weeks, the cherry on the cake is saying "We will just beat up those damn Montenegrins", which is probably an unprecedented case of bitchiness in professional sport.

Montenegro's task is to show them that their place is not on the podium, but on a front page of Daily Mail and likes, together with Paris Hilton and other blondes of their league. :)

I agree. You will never see any of the Montenegrins on the front page of daily mail

LucianK
Extra Member

Postby LucianK » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:35 am

Some of you are such drama queens; twisting every word, etc. :lol:

Anyways, today I'm cheering for the nordic girls: GO NORWAY, GO SWEDEN! =D> =D>

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:59 am

Go Spain! 8:) 8:) 8:)
Baila tu cuerpo, alegria, Macarena! :D
I hope Pena gets gold in her beloved Budapest :)
And Heidi gets crowned as MVP of the tournament.

Does anybody know anything about the WCH pairing's drawing? When it will be held? Transmission anywhere?

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:19 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:Does anybody know anything about the WCH pairing's drawing? When it will be held? Transmission anywhere?

I don't know about any TV-broadcast, but apperantly it will start at 13.00 CET. I think the draw can be followed via the usual link: http://www.eurohandball.com/drawticker

( at least that window opens since this morning when you go to the ehf homepage)
idle banter.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:46 am

HB9 wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:Does anybody know anything about the WCH pairing's drawing? When it will be held? Transmission anywhere?

I don't know about any TV-broadcast, but apperantly it will start at 13.00 CET. I think the draw can be followed via the usual link: http://www.eurohandball.com/drawticker

( at least that window opens since this morning when you go to the ehf homepage)

Thanks HB9!!!

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:If there is any justice in this world, these Swedish starlets will fail today.

Montenegro's task is to show them that their place is not on the podium, but on a front page of Daily Mail and likes, together with Paris Hilton and other blondes of their league.

But Stefan do you see who gives those statements? Poor or average players who will never play for a big club or whose future is to sit on the bench. I don't see Gullden making those statements.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
HB9 wrote:

Thanks HB9!!!

Small correction: :) 13.00 CET is either the start of the closing press conference (after which the draw takes place) or the start of the actual draw. If it's the first it will obviously be a bit later...maybe 13.30 or even 14.00 CET.

Either way, if the ticker link doesn't work, the draw will surely be followed by EHFMedia instead: https://twitter.com/EHFMedia/with_replies
idle banter.

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Well the final is pretty obvious Bonaventuras+Norway against Spain, so it would be a miracle for Spain overcome all that and win.

The match for bronze is wide open. It can go both ways, but if MNE plays the same defence as last time (in the second half) they will win. But players are too tired but they will give all to win the bronze.
Mirjana Milenkovic is in the team, Jaukovic is out.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Re:

Postby Joana » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:

No, Norwegians used to be even bitchier about Hungary and Gorbicz in particular. :p

I dunno, I think that in Swedish it sounds slightly less bad. But yeah, they're obviously not fond of Montenegro.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Closing press conference livestream (draw takes place afterwards): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFcKFNjw_Cs
idle banter.

Aikurn
Regular

Postby Aikurn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:55 pm

John wrote:Well the final is pretty obvious Bonaventuras+Norway against Spain, so it would be a miracle for Spain overcome all that and win.

That is my fear too. I'm more than happy with a silver medal but I don't want to suffer the Bonaventuras during the whole match. They will probably make it impossible to enjoy. Anyway, who knows? I will be cheering for the Guerreras and hoping for a miracle [-o<

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Aikurn wrote:...That is my fear too. I'm more than happy with a silver medal but I don't want to suffer the Bonaventuras during the whole match. They will probably make it impossible to enjoy. Anyway, who knows? I will be cheering for the Guerreras and hoping for a miracle [-o<

Don't worry, they are good. Remember I had to analyze the Olympics when they got so much slaughtering here, and it was no big deal at all. It's kind of funny that in "west" we hardly never talks about refs at all, while in "east" it's basically the main subject to explain a loss :)

The All-star team of the Women's EHF EURO 2014 have been announced:

Goalkeeper: Silje Solberg (NOR)

Left wing: Maria Fisker (DEN)

Left back: Cristina Neagu (ROU)

Centre back: Kristina Kristiansen (DEN)

Line player: Heidi Loke (NOR)

Right back: Nora Mörk (NOR)

Right wing: Carmen Martin (ESP)

Best Defence Player: Sabina Jacobsen (SWE)

Most Valuable Player: Isabelle Gullden (SWE)

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Fisker? She had a subpar tournament.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:27 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:while in "east" it's basically the main subject to explain a loss

No one said MNE would've won in that match at OG, but the Bonaventuras made it pretty hard to see what would've happen. So the teams were not even.
And it's not an "eastern" thing, just look at the games in the french league.
Looking forward to your picture stories tonight :)

iq82
Rookie

Postby iq82 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Firstly, Montenegro will beat Sweden by 1 or 2 goals.

Secondly, I have to recall the match where all began for Spanish Women Handball (Dome Sportova, Zagreb, 2003). If that 'almost amateur' team could do it, also guerreras can do it. VAMOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

España 27 (14+13): Eli López; Cristina Gómez (5), Susana Fraile (6), Noelia Oncina (1), Montse Puche (10, 7p.), Marta Mangue (1), Esme López (1) -siete inicial-, Eugenia Sánchez (p.s), Susana Pareja, Gemma Luján (1), Soraya García (2), Verónica Cuadrado y Vanessa Amorós.

Noruega 26 (14+12): Tjugum; Larsen (1), Aadmodt, Hinkel (2), Sandve (1), Lunde (9, 2p.), Hilmo (2)-siete inicial-, Leganger (p.s.), Hamemrseng (2), Nyberg (2), Hynne (4) Soerlie-Lybekk (1), Riegelhuth (1), Hovind Johanssen (1).

Arbitros: Gilles Bord y Olivier Buy (FRA). Excluyeron a las españolas Pareja, Fraile, García, Mangue y López y a las noruegas Larsen, Lunde, Hilmo y Nyberg.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Joana wrote:Fisker? She had a subpar tournament.

Fisker didn't play like last year but it can be defended that she is there. But Mulle? Why?

Actually, I had expected none of our players to get a spot and two is just too strange..

frenchy

Postby frenchy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:23 pm

John wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:while in "east" it's basically the main subject to explain a loss

No one said MNE would've won in that match at OG, but the Bonaventuras made it pretty hard to see what would've happen. So the teams were not even.
And it's not an "eastern" thing, just look at the games in the french league.
Looking forward to your picture stories tonight :)

It is not wrong!
The sisters aren't so loved in our league !
Except the most renowned teams as Metz the clubs are not fans of the twins ,maybe because they give an advantage to them ?

fmj
Extra Member

Postby fmj » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Heia Norge og Heia Sverige!

I really, really hope that Sweden wins, Lazovic in particular doesn't deserve a medal.

Gerzson

Postby Gerzson » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:

Given that there weren't too much outstanding performances at the ECh, they couldn't have made a very different All-Star. Actually I drew up a very similar team 2 days ago, except that I put Bella instead of Mulle and having no strong choice for LW. Putting Mulle in is not so bad after Bella got the MVP award and top scorer prize (they won't give 3 award for the same player).. I think that crazy tactic against Hungary with Mulle as extra player burnt deeply in ppl's heads. And don't forget she gave out tons of assist.

The left wing is tricky, I preferred Dembele (what I saw from Fisker she was far from what she really can) but I can forgive them. There haven't been any outstanding LW performances.

I don't know if you've red the shortlist from which they've chosen the players, but here they are.

GK: Solberg, Kiss, Sonja, Schülke, Leynaud
RW: Linka, Cisse, Luciano, Petrovic, Martin
RB: Bur, Nora, Bulatovic, Lacrabere, Oden
LP: Loke, Gravolt, Lazovic, Broch, Kamto
CB: Bella, Mulle, Nycke, Kudlacz, Nze Minko
LB: Knezevic, Niombla, Polman, Neagu, Tomori
LW: Fisker, Herrem, Dembele, Smeets, Mehmedovic

There hardly been at least two real contenders for the places imo.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:
Aikurn wrote:...That is my fear too. I'm more than happy with a silver medal but I don't want to suffer the Bonaventuras during the whole match. They will probably make it impossible to enjoy. Anyway, who knows? I will be cheering for the Guerreras and hoping for a miracle [-o<

Don't worry, they are good. Remember I had to analyze the Olympics when they got so much slaughtering here, and it was no big deal at all. It's kind of funny that in "west" we hardly never talks about refs at all, while in "east" it's basically the main subject to explain a loss :)

exactly my team, except that I said Gullden would be centre and Loke MVP. and I thought Pineau will be the best defender. I am guru.

Joana wrote:Fisker? She had a subpar tournament.

nope. maybe Kristiansten shouldn`t have been awarded and why do we have two Danes if Denmark ranked 8th? Fisker was a right choice, she was magnificent apart from the last match. I would have given the award to Gullden, and Loke would have got the MVP. if not, Gullden MVP and POLMAN best playmaker. Kristiansen has qualities, the same the other Kristiansen but of Norway, but she wasn`t that decisive. Gullden, Polman, were big scorers.

Gullden MVP instead of Loke? I think it`s a bad decision, lots of 7 meters, though she deserved the best centre.

it should have been in my opinion: Solberg - Fisker - Neagu - Gullden - Moerk - Martin - Loke. Loke MVP (not Nora). Sabina Jacobsen was indeed a very good defender, I watched her 2 days ago. I saw a new defender at the level of Lazovic and Pineau, yes.

anyway, HONESTLY? a better All-Star Team than in some previous times.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:12 pm

Nice Scandinavian All Star :)

Solberg? [-X A joke. High percentage, but behind the Norge wall. Unguranu and Kiss MUCH better than her.
Fisker? :shock: WHY????? WHAT?????? Anyway 2 names from the underperforming rank 7 team? Unprecedented.
Neagu? [-X She was the main reason why we are in the top 6, not Romania. And that was not the only bad game from her.
Mörk was great of course but Lacrabere was better. And no French addition in the All Star. Strange. Even Nze Mnko was better than Fisker.

Return to “Female Handball”