Final 4 2015

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
John
:::Handball Expert:::

Re: Final 4 2015

Postby John » Sun May 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:Buducnost this year was far better than any other opponent, so I don't think anyone is wounded by the fact that the clearly best team collected their deserved title.

You would be surprised :)

Anyway, we will celebrate this title now, and i know it's to early to say this but i can't wait for the next season and new challenges (and by that i mean the real Gyor) :)

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Sun May 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Joana wrote:So here's some more ammo for John:

Gjekastad: I'm almost glad I'm leaving sport. I would never have my team play like that in defence.

Kyvåg (TV-commentator and ex-coach): I'm so tired of talking about such clowns. I'm critical of those who let this happen. We're talking about the biggest final in club handball in the world. I'm so pissed off I almost can't even talk about it.

Mørk: We did not play a good game, but with such referees who allow wrestling and not handball it is extremely difficult. We did not have good referees in the final. It was completely horrible to play. Today I felt like we were playing seven against nice the whole time. Right now it feels like such a waste.

Anja Edin: I think it was completely horrible. Honestly speaking it felt like a war. It was awful. It was painful to play today.

Hahahahahah Joana, i don't care what LOSERS have to say, i can't hear them because of all the winning :D

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Sun May 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Gjekastad: I'm almost glad I'm leaving sport. I would never have my team play like that in defence.

Kyvåg (TV-commentator and ex-coach): I'm so tired of talking about such clowns. I'm critical of those who let this happen. We're talking about the biggest final in club handball in the world. I'm so pissed off I almost can't even talk about it.

Mørk: We did not play a good game, but with such referees who allow wrestling and not handball it is extremely difficult. We did not have good referees in the final. It was completely horrible to play. Today I felt like we were playing seven against nice the whole time. Right now it feels like such a waste.

Anja Edin: I think it was completely horrible. Honestly speaking it felt like a war. It was awful. It was painful to play today.

They are attacking the referes, not Buducnost. Buducnost played by the rules referees had, nothing wrong with that.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Joana wrote:So here's some more ammo for John...

Hmmm...Do you happen to understand Norwegian, Joana?

I don't want to criticize Buducnost or use too much energy on the refs, since Larvik played s**t and can only blame themselves in the end. That's a fact, so congratz to Buducnost once again for a well deserved victory and worthy CL title holders :)

It hurts though :)

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun May 10, 2015 10:06 pm

A dream end of career - her second CL trophy and an MVP award in the F4!

Hats off to Clara Woltering! :)

Last edited by Stefan_MNE on Sun May 10, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:10 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:A dream end of career - her second CL trophy and an MVP award in the F4!

Hats off to Clara Woltering! :) ...

Hmm...but why end now when she is at her very best?

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun May 10, 2015 10:16 pm

But isn't that classy? :) Bojana also ended her career at her very best, hehe (or did she?)

No, seriously, she wants to devote herself to the family farm in Germany. She had already considered ending her career twice before this (in 2013 and last year), but each time Budućnost's management convinced her to stay in Podgorica and thank God for that! :) She's a real hero here, the most popular player along with Katarina Bulatović.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Sun May 10, 2015 10:29 pm

congrats to buducnost! they deserved the title.
anyway the female handball scene is get boring year after year.
this year was the copy of the previous, only the main character changed. and this is sad.
being optimistic, i looking forward to the next season with a refreshed eto, the same buducnost, a stronger larvik, a good rostov, a full "pytlicked" vardar and perhaps a bucharest without bankruptcy in the mid of the season. :D

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun May 10, 2015 10:32 pm

I don't understand why all this discussion about Budućnost's 2015 defense.
Montenegro and Budu are traditionally playing rough defenses. But if 3, 4, 5 years ago you could argue they were wrestling too much, I think today you can say that this defense has completely cleared its act and is playing the best damn defense women handball has seen.

I don't get Gjekstad's comments. LHK is playing the same kind of handball and today they were beaten with their own weapons, just better used. In addition to that, Budućnost had a complete game today and through the season: best 9m line of the competition, best collective game and... Woltering.

I don't know about Gjekstad (in general he seems like an intelligent coach), but I would be proud if I could teach my team to defend like Budućnost is and then have the stamina to attack like they are.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sun May 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:Hmmm...Do you happen to understand Norwegian, Joana?

Det gjør jeg, faktisk. :viking:

gergő wrote:anyway the female handball scene is get boring year after year.

I so, so miss the golden era of 10 years ago.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Sun May 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Will Larvik be better next season? Have their financial troubles been resolved?

Stefan_MNE

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun May 10, 2015 10:43 pm

gergő wrote:I so, so miss the golden era of 10 years ago.

And the golden era is what exactly (and who)? Zvezda Zvenigorod and Lada Togliatti? :) I don't remember that we had more than 4 strong teams in women's CL per season, so the 2000s are no exception either. And, as gergő predicted, the next season might be super exciting with 5 or 6 really strong teams.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sun May 10, 2015 10:49 pm

Of course I did not mean Zvezda and the likes, that's when it all started going downhill.

The season of 2003/2004 was the best ever in women's handball and nothing will ever come close to it. It's got progressively worse ever since.
But I'm just old and grumpy.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sun May 10, 2015 11:39 pm

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 am

ozi wrote:Will Larvik be better next season? Have their financial troubles been resolved?

Wojtas and most likely Tine Stange will return, then Larvik got two super shooters in the squad, today only Sulland and Breistøl who can shot from distance.

So far mostly Hungarian teams have bought players (Gyor) And Bucuresti from Romania are looking good. I guess Buducnost, Vardar & Larvik will give some news soon.

mr Hammerlock
Rookie

Postby mr Hammerlock » Mon May 11, 2015 3:44 am

Just watched full match again on https://youtu.be/p7_vDoAt51I. Seriously ppl where the F*** u sow that drastic refs mistakes. So please, if any of u handball fans would post the frame-stamps, of that argued red card fouls made buy Buducnost players, I'd be more than grateful. My impression is that refs deliberately choke Buducnost attacks and if it wasn't for that match would be +10 for Buducnost. So maybe that's some bad refereeing. :?: :?: 8:)

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Mon May 11, 2015 7:04 am

Congrats Buducnost,totally deserved,they were by far the best team this year!Very happy for Neagu and Clara! :D Looking forward to next year,hopefully we'll have more competition at the top with Gyor,Budu,Larvik,Vardar,CSM,Baia Mare and the Russians :)

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:23 am

Joana wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:Hmmm...Do you happen to understand Norwegian, Joana?

Det gjør jeg, faktisk. :viking:

Hehe, nice. It was such a perfect translation it couldn't be any software. I'm impressed :)

mr Hammerlock wrote:...Just watched full match again on https://youtu.be/p7_vDoAt51I .Seriously ppl where the F*** u sow that drastic refs mistakes...

I'm not going to watch this match again. It made me sick the first time, even just thinking about it, and it will not be any better the second time :)

Still sick though...k**f k**f k**f

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon May 11, 2015 8:46 am

Congrats Buducnost ! Well deserved and a logical triumph in the CL
this season.

For next season, I think FCM will be a good contender. After all,
they recruited 3 good players and they still have a world class keeper
in their squad: Sabine Englert ! Sandra Toft, Larvik keeper, is far behind
the German GK.

Now, I hope FCM will become Danish champion to get a direct ticket for the
CL.

Shelvin85

Postby Shelvin85 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:36 am

Congrats to Buducnost!

I could agree that Cvijic should have been red-carded for that foul on Gro, but it wouldn't have made any difference what so ever. Buducnost would have destroyed Larvik anyway. By far the best I've ever seen of the team. Bulatovic, Knezevic, Cvijic, Byzdra, Neagu, Petrovic, Mehmedovic and WOLTERING = dream team!

As for Larvik. This is what they get when Nora, Gro and Wojtas/Anja plays like 90 % of the time. Some people praise how well Gjekstad rotate the team, but he fails completely. If he had used Sulland and Breistøl more during the entire season, it might have ended differently. Breistøl is a coming star! Anja was a complete disaster in the first half and Sulland is no right winger! Gro was okay as a playmaker and good in defence, but not Final 4 material in this match! Don't even get me started on the wingers :shock:

HBJ-KBH
Regular

Postby HBJ-KBH » Mon May 11, 2015 11:03 am

well, well.

Buducnost is Winner of the EHF Champions league, perhaps the must deserved title ever. They had the hardest way possible to the finals.

i Had hoped for Larvik victory. (scandinavian and Toft :roll: ) but today there was most of the game only one team on court.

Bulatovic was amazing, and the Buducnost players was in every way stronger then Larvik. Physically and mentally.

here at last i would like to mention that I was very pleased to see that Larvik never gave up, they fought with what they had. but although they got closer, the hole time i had the feeling that Buducnost was in control.

Congrats to Buducnost, very deserved. :!: :D

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon May 11, 2015 11:13 am

barry.romania wrote:Image

This one they can have both.
But there will be only one WCh ticket which they can not share...

CSM Bucharest

Postby CSM Bucharest » Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:This one they can have both.

Or Penezic with Sweden, or Hungary with Austria, or Germany and Russia...

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm

CSM Bucharest wrote:

My point is, we'll miss one of these superstars in December. I can't name a Top 1000 player from Austria...
Neagu and Cvijic are Top 10 on any list.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Mon May 11, 2015 3:21 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
CSM Bucharest wrote:

My point is, we'll miss one of these superstars in December. I can't name a Top 1000 player from Austria...
Neagu and Cvijic are Top 10 on any list.

I would definitely mis a Neagu caliber player from a WCH, but Cvijic as a top 10? :-)

Maybe in another sport.

Return to “Female Handball”