3) Russia vs Poland
4) France vs Netherlands

Your bets?

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2015 Women's World Ch. (DEN) - Quarterfinals

Postby kleber » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:49 pm

Norway,Denmark,Holland,Russia
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Danie

Postby Danie » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:50 pm

1) Norway vs Montenegro by 3
2) Denmark vs Romania by 1
3) Russia vs Poland by 3
4) France vs Netherlands by 2

fmj
Extra Member

Postby fmj » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:01 am

MNE, DEN, RUS, FRA

Russia is going to the final for sure now. Hungary I will never understand.

Denmark is going to win because they are at home and have some momentum now.

Rooting for the Netherlands but I think France will snatch it in the end.

MNE is going to win because they are going to "kill" Løke and get away with it. They obviously also have many very good players, it's a shame with all the other stuff. I find them very unlikeable.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:23 am

1) Norway vs Montenegro - It's wide open, just hoping :)
When we finally found a general in our defense, Molid had to get injured ofc. Good news is that Ida Alstad is back, but we don't know yet if Molid will play or not.

We have missed you badly, Alstad :)

Too bad we can't have both on court at the same time, instead we have a third pivot nobody knows the name of, since she hardly get to play at all...not even in møbelringen cup did she get one single second. That is absolutely totally understandable, Hergeirsson, please do not try to explain it, as it will only make me puke...
However, I think Montenegro might struggle with the strict refereeing we see here in Denmark, so that might tip the balance, but it may also go the other way around as it did in the match against Russia. Still, I think we will hear at least something about bad refs after this match from Montenegrin fans :)

2) Denmark vs Romania -Romania depends too much on Neagu, and if she have a bad day, they will lose. Danes on fire now, and with 12.000 supporters, Romania will feel they are a long way from home...

3) Russia vs Poland -Russia big favourite, and will win for sure. Poland high flying, and their GK must perform over the top again if this shall go their way. Not very likely, but stranger things have happened :)

4) France vs Netherlands -Spain deserved to be here, and I'm all in for the underdog Netherland. The Dutch have such an attractive team, it's a pure joy to watch them. Malestein, Poleman, Allingh, Groot, Vester in goal...tall, fast and strong players that may take Netherlands all the way for the first time in history. Hope so too :)

Divi
Regular

Postby Divi » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:57 am

Hopefully the Netherlands can progress to the next round. We have been playing very well in this championship so far and also against Sweden we should have won. The defense is looking great so far and also the goalkeeper Wester has been excellent. France will definitely be a though opponent, but I think we have a good chance of beating them. This team now consists of player who have Champions League-experience as well, so hopefully they will be ready for this game because it actually is the first big test. The game against Serbia definitely showed the potential of this team. We play very fast counter attacks and also have good backcourt shooters like Abbingh, Polman and Groot. Also it would be great for Dutch handball if they could fight for a medal. The games are finally being televised and this media attention should make this sport more attractive for the broader public.

Hajas
Extra Member

Postby Hajas » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:09 am

Divi wrote:Hopefully the Netherlands can progress to the next round. We have been playing very well in this championship so far and also against Sweden we should have won. The defense is looking great so far and also the goalkeeper Wester has been excellent. France will definitely be a though opponent, but I think we have a good chance of beating them. This team now consists of player who have Champions League-experience as well, so hopefully they will be ready for this game because it actually is the first big test. The game against Serbia definitely showed the potential of this team. We play very fast counter attacks and also have good backcourt shooters like Abbingh, Polman and Groot. Also it would be great for Dutch handball if they could fight for a medal. The games are finally being televised and this media attention should make this sport more attractive for the broader public.

I think Holland is mature enough to beat France now. Finally as you say they have a decent goalie. I thought France was better but they have not impressed so much in this tournament. I really hope Holland will take a medal. Russia - Holland in a semifinal would be very interesting. Everyone of the 8 remaining teams can win except Poland and Romania.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:17 am

Mr. 007 wrote:However, I think Montenegro might struggle with the strict refereeing we see here in Denmark, so that might tip the balance,

That won't be a problem since Adzic has an answer for everything. :D
As someone mentioned on the chat he has the "Bonaventura tactics" on trainings where MNE plays the defense and attack with one or two players down. ;)

Mr. 007 wrote:I think we will hear at least something about bad refs after this match from Montenegrin fans

Naaaah, not bad refs, but Bonaventuras. That is a different thing. MNE can play with man down but it very hard to defend and to score when Norway has 8 players in the field :D

But hey, i have to be honest, i really, really, really like the duels against Norway. It's exciting.

amc015
Rookie

Postby amc015 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:14 am

The Netherlands shooters looks great so far,but wait to see them against this defence.France Norway seems the more stable team.Norway. Russia(no com). If România play as in the game with Brazil wins.România.

amc015
Rookie

Postby amc015 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:23 am

2) Denmark vs Romania -Romania depends too much on Neagu, and if she have a bad day, they will lose. Danes on fire now, and with 12.000 supporters, Romania will feel they are a long way from home.
With Brazil Neagu did a lot of mistakes.
4) France vs Netherlands -Spain deserved to be here, and I'm all in for the underdog Netherland. The Dutch have such an attractive team, it's a pure joy to watch them. Malestein, Poleman, Allingh, Groot, Vester in goal...tall, fast and strong players that may take Netherlands all the way for the first time in history. Hope so too :)[/quote]. I don't see them too well against Frânce defence.

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:49 am

Mr. 007 wrote:2) Denmark vs Romania -Romania depends too much on Neagu, and if she have a bad day, they will lose. Danes on fire now, and with 12.000 supporters, Romania will feel they are a long way from home...

Someone dindn't see Romania - Brazil, and is not me :p
Bradeanu, Buceschi, Geiger just proved (against Brazil) Neagu doesn't mean everything for this team.
If these players will play at least as they played Sunday, there is a huge chance.
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:00 am

So the safest prediction is Bonaventuras on Norway - Montenegro. :)

- Holland : I think France will never be the same without O.K. Moreover, they don't know how to cope with young emerging teams. Kom op Oranje!
- Russia: will upset the Poles with better fitness, precise shooting and goalkeeping.

If I continued on this safe path, I would have to say:
- Norway: they have grown throughout the championship, especially in defense, and with the refereeing that suits their style, everything will come into place and order will be restored, as Norwegians like to say
- Denmark: home team goes to the semis, just as in 2010, they have played a good eight final, younger, faster, et cetera, et cetera

But, what would a WC be without surprises? A complete bore :D So, I bluntly go for:
- Montenegro: yes, they will get punished, but Loke will too; yes, they will face good keepers, but Katarina and Jaukovic are at the top of their shooting; yes, the norwegian wingers will be lethal, but not as lethal as Majda and Joka.
- Romania : the Danes miss a playmaker, their defense is raw to say the least, Ryde knows a lot about Danish handball and most and foremost, our girls will not let go.

bla
Rookie

Postby bla » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:22 am

NED
POL :clown:
NOR
DEN

quickerthansnail
Regular

Postby quickerthansnail » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 am

1) Norway 50% vs Montenegro 50%
2) Denmark 55% vs Romania 45%
3) Russia 60% vs Poland 40%
4) France 50% vs Netherlands 50%

my tips are:
MNE
DEN
RUS
HOL

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Hopes for Romania, Norway, Russia & The Netherlands :D

Consider that The Netherlands have left home one of their best backplayers (Maura Visser) and they are still looking very good, and as some mentioned they have far more experience on international level than ever. Broch, Groot in Gyor, Abbingh in Baia Mare, Polman & Van Der Hejden in Esbjerg. Go Netherlands =D>

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:19 pm

Denmark is indeed strange, and won that game against Sweden even with that poor defence and being beaten by some Swedish fastbreaks. or maybe the montage was made that way? I just hope we will fight, not to lose miserably.

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Ref wrote:Amazing that these referees are still going strong on top level and nobody will listen to the desperate cry for justice and get them removed ....

:lol: Do i really need to explain to you how everything works? :lol:

My odds:
2) Denmark 60% vs Romania 40%
3) Russia 70% vs Poland 30%

Anicia Juliana wrote:Montenegro: yes, they will get punished,

We will see, this is actually the first competition where MNE players are not even in top 20 when it comes to suspensions. And i really don't mind them.
If MNE stops the only lethal weapon of Norway like Buducnost did in the final against Larvik, Norway will have big problems.

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Ref wrote: Well, I only read about them on here, they seem to be non grata persons in Montenegro circles. Are they part of a world wide conspiracy or something ?

Enjoy :D

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:26 pm

OltchimRmValcea wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:2) Denmark vs Romania -Romania depends too much on Neagu, and if she have a bad day, they will lose. Danes on fire now, and with 12.000 supporters, Romania will feel they are a long way from home...

Someone dindn't see Romania - Brazil, and is not me :p
Bradeanu, Buceschi, Geiger just proved (against Brazil) Neagu doesn't mean everything for this team.
If these players will play at least as they played Sunday, there is a huge chance.

I agree, completely. Neagu made a very clever game, shooting only clear chances and making the ball move otherwise. She even assisted Nechita twice or three times, after threatening to breakthrough between defenders 1 and 2 on the right side of attacking court. Buceschi also played very cleverly, as usual, receiving a lot of 7m penalties. But I may add it was Bradeanu who really killed every chance of a BRA's come back, scoring whenever it appeared impossible to overcome BRA's defence colectivelly.
Neagu did an interview for brazilian TV after the match, and said the players gathered together the day before the game and concluded Romania always has been a good NT, but something was missing for them, and in the game against Brazil they found that something, which was team playing and team spirit. If the players could retain the team playing and spirit Neagu was talking about, I think they have a huge chance against Denmark.
Last edited by Fabbr on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fmj
Extra Member

Postby fmj » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:04 pm

John wrote:
Ref wrote:Amazing that these referees are still going strong on top level and nobody will listen to the desperate cry for justice and get them removed ....

:lol: Do i really need to explain to you how everything works? :lol:

My odds:
2) Denmark 60% vs Romania 40%
3) Russia 70% vs Poland 30%

Anicia Juliana wrote:Montenegro: yes, they will get punished,

We will see, this is actually the first competition where MNE players are not even in top 20 when it comes to suspensions. And i really don't mind them.
If MNE stops the only lethal weapon of Norway like Buducnost did in the final against Larvik, Norway will have big problems.

http://ihf.info/files/competitiondata/1 ... IRPLAY.pdf

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:46 pm

I badly want the quarterfinal day to turn into the day of biggest Dutch achievement in history of their women's handball (so far it's the 5th place at 2005 WCh). They deserve it like nobody else.

Poland with some additional motivation, you know...history (WW II, Katyn, Kaczynskis TU-154, etc.) surely brings some special strenght for them. They will fight harder than ever, absolutely nothing is clear for Russia here.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Wbk wrote:I badly want the quarterfinal day to turn into the day of biggest Dutch achievement in history of their women's handball (so far it's the 5th place at 2005 WCh). They deserve it like nobody else.

Poland with some additional motivation, you know...history (WW II, Katyn, Kaczynskis TU-154, etc.) surely brings some special strenght for them. They will fight harder than ever, absolutely nothing is clear for Russia here.

Trefilov is not András Németh.
They will neutalize Kudlacz and Byzdra, and game over for Poland.

amc015
Rookie

Postby amc015 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Thomas Ryde:"Danish players were not thinking to disappoint many fans, but on the other hand this could be an additional pressure.Cristina Neagu knows more about handball than almost all coaches . In the field, she leads both her team and their opponents. It's very concentrated. She is the best handball player in the world. "Cristina Neagu:"I have problems with ankles, knees and shoulders and I have not trained as much as I would have liked. I have many physical problems and I was not 100% here in Denmark. But I am confident for tomorrow's match. I like that there will be 12,000 spectators."

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

amc015 wrote:Thomas Ryde:"Danish players were not thinking to disappoint many fans, but on the other hand this could be an additional pressure.Cristina Neagu knows more about handball than almost all coaches . In the field, she leads both her team and their opponents. It's very concentrated. She is the best handball player in the world. "Cristina Neagu:"I have problems with ankles, knees and shoulders and I have not trained as much as I would have liked. I have many physical problems and I was not 100% here in Denmark. But I am confident for tomorrow's match. I like that there will be 12,000 spectators."

Neagu is certainly pure class, and Adzic even polished her defensive skills.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:18 pm

The Dutch are one of the fairest teams in the game. They grew up constantly, without forcing their way as hosts or booming economic power and other such stuff.
It's a team that's literally started from 0. They showed their strength in junior and youth competitions for years now. The moment they'll be ready to deliver on senior stage, they will. It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN.

However, like a few already pointed, France is their biggest test thus far (somehow Sweden wasn't the most convincing this time), so we'll see how good they are. I think they'll not be 8th anyway, so they'll stand a damn good chance of being in the OG as well.

Hopefully this will change the way handball is seen over there.

Return to “Female Handball”