2015 Women's World Ch. (DEN) - Quarterfinals

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2015 Women's World Ch. (DEN) - Quarterfinals

Postby Joana » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:49 pm

I thought Bradeanu was done and dusted years ago and wondered what the hell she's still doing on the team. But man, did she prove she still has some tricks up her sleeve. This tournament she's performing like in her glory days. Well done!

Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Joana wrote:I thought Bradeanu was done and dusted years ago and wondered what the hell she's still doing on the team. But man, did she prove she still has some tricks up her sleeve. This tournament she's performing like in her glory days. Well done!

the only times I remember Bradeanu shining was either as a LB (1999-2005) or as a RB (in Gyor and at this WC) :)

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Congrats to the winners today.
Poland for the heart, Neagu and Ungureanu for beeing amazing and Nora Mörk, Öftedal and Herrem for beeing just a joy to watch today. I cant comment on the Netherlands, I haven't seen their match.
Too bad the MNE-NOR game was only a quarterfinal. The Montenegrins have a superb team, perfectly organised, and great players.
Great matches today, nice handball. =D>

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:00 pm

I want to thank everyone for underestimating the Romanian team. You've done in the match against Brazil, and now vs Denmark. Please continue do so the next 2 matches :D :D :D :D :D :p :-"

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Denmark looked much better two years ago and haven't really been the same since. Something extra was lacking in their game. They never looked like the team that belonged in the semis.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Danie wrote:
jensm wrote:Other semis will be Norway - Romania [-o< 8:)

Or even better: Montenegro v Romania :-"

Told you! :D Congrats to Norway & Romania! :D Great matches, Norway & Netherlands favorites to play the final. Norway have to stop Neagu!!

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:07 pm

Joana, in my opinion there are years since Denmark didn`t look effective like tonight. of course, it was on the home soil but right now expect for Line Joergensen, I see no Danish back players. Fisker is good, the pivot is good, the goalkeepers aren`t the best, and honestly because of this play Danmark looked like a semifinalist for me. of course, this might not happen under the same coach on a neutral field but it was good play. anyways, it`s not like any of these semifinalists are full of dream teammates. maybe not even Norway anymore.

silvius
Extra Member

Postby silvius » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Neagu with 15 goals was from the another galaxy. Excellent player, fighting until the end.
Next game with Norway will be the real final and I hope to play better than today to beat the Nordics.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:51 am

Joana wrote:Denmark looked much better two years ago and haven't really been the same since. Something extra was lacking in their game. They never looked like the team that belonged in the semis.

Yep, very well put. :) Great match though =D> - cliffhanger to the end, which inevitably ended in the abyss for us Danes. :roll: #-o
Neagu such a joy and totally unstoppable. =D> :) She just missed that last sec 7m on purpose to get 10 more minutes of joy I think. :-k ;) :lol:
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

ZRK Vardar
Extra Member

Postby ZRK Vardar » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:38 am

Congrat Romania. Fantastic =D>

karel
Handball Fan-atic

Postby karel » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:54 am

Congratulations Romania and Norway. Neagu :-({|=
Romania -Denmark was a big fight, but Romanians deserved their success - no doubt. Denmark weren't even leading for a single minute of the game.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:18 pm

karel wrote:Congratulations Romania and Norway. Neagu :-({|=
Romania -Denmark was a big fight, but Romanians deserved their success - no doubt. Denmark weren't even leading for a single minute of the game.

27:28, in the first minutes of ET, then they got a 2 mins suspensions after the 28:28 goal and Romania immediately made it 29:28.
That was the only time.

Denmark f* the tactics in defense (I'll explain precisely what later) and I wonder if Mr. Klavs Bruun wasn't a bit too cocky about his team and his strategy.
Ryde and Buceschi were great preparing this match! Romania was prepared for everything the Danes had in store for us. It was dramatic, but somehow, in the back of the mind, we felt we really cannot lose this.

Our attack is shining like never before. Even in those crappy matches from the beginning it did, but everybody was too upset on the big picture to see those tiny good things that were working well. Romania has never had such a varied attacking play, nor did the team find solutions so easily with the back line. And this is all Ryde!

The defense is not great though. In my book, defense is about 3 things: physicality, communication and will (all equally important). We definitely have the first one, we showed we can always tap into the 3rd one, but right now, we completely lack the 2nd one. And that's what made us lose in the group stage, that's why we have blackouts and allow the opponent to catch back.

I'm glad we're guaranteed hosting of the OQT. This wins us time and I'm sure Ryde will put good stuff into place until May. He certainly won my trust and I think he has the team behind him too.

Final word, about who else but Neagu: I am so thankful I get to see a player like her in my lifetime. She's one of those heroes we'll tell stories about to our children when they'll fall in love with this sport.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:33 pm

mikh wrote:I'm glad we're guaranteed hosting of the OQT. This wins us time and I'm sure Ryde will put good stuff into place until May. He certainly won my trust and I think he has the team behind him too.

OQT's take place already in March (17th/18th to 20th), with hosts to be confirmed by IHF until the 17th/18th of January,at latest, btw.

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:27 pm

I was thinking about a coincidence.

In the 2007 WC in France, it was Neagu who played a crucial role in defeating the home team in the QF and earning Romania the semi-final berth. Eight years after, she does it again :!: I'm very grateful to see this girl perform, Romanian or not. Such character and spirit are very rare to come by in women's handball.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5GwAvjoTBk

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:54 pm

eduardsson wrote:I want to thank everyone for underestimating the Romanian team. You've done in the match against Brazil, and now vs Denmark. Please continue do so the next 2 matches :D :D :D :D :D :p :-"

Denmark should have won easily, if their GK's had given a normal 30% save that is required at this level. Both GK were HORRIBLE, and no team can win a match with such a low performance from their GK's. They should carry the burden for Denmark not moving on...no one else.

On other side...it could be a good reason for it ofc. It's not easy to stop those hard shots from Neagu either. Guess we will notice that too tomorrow :)

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Mr. 007 wrote:
eduardsson wrote:I want to thank everyone for underestimating the Romanian team. You've done in the match against Brazil, and now vs Denmark. Please continue do so the next 2 matches :D :D :D :D :D :p :-"

Denmark should have won easily, if their GK's had given a normal 30% save that is required at this level. Both GK were HORRIBLE, and no team can win a match with such a low performance from their GK's. They should carry the burden for Denmark not moving on...no one else.

On other side...it could be a good reason for it ofc. It's not easy to stop those hard shots from Neagu either. Guess we will notice that too tomorrow :)

Both keepers were bad actually.

DEN had 28% while ROU had 26%. So DEN had a slightly better percentage.

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:12 pm

There is something missing here...yeah...1000 posts about the Bonaventuras and the scandinavian maffia :) Hmmm...guess Romania had to lose first, and then the conspiracy would be proven ofc :)

Mr. 007

Postby Mr. 007 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:14 pm

eduardsson wrote:
Mr. 007 wrote:

Both keepers were bad actually.

DEN had 28% while ROU had 26%. So DEN had a slightly better percentage.

Seriously? No way DEN had 28%...I think they saved 2-3 shots, next to nothing.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:10 am

Mr. 007 wrote:Denmark should have won easily, if their GK's had given a normal 30% save that is required at this level. Both GK were HORRIBLE, and no team can win a match with such a low performance from their GK's. They should carry the burden for Denmark not moving on...no one else.

Aarh, that is a little too harsh on the DK goal keepers I think, since Klavs B. widespread offensive defense style leaves quite open chances for the opponent, which makes GK'ing more challenged. :-"
Anyway if anybody is still in doubt of the fire power of Neagu, she also caused a change in the Danish squad. :roll:
http://www.dhf.dk/Presse/nyheder/2015/D ... ter_okkels

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:37 am

Ref wrote:Weak game this, loads of personal faults from both sides. Norway with twice the amount of suspensions :shock: But the MNE pivot with the lesbian haircut once again smacked a player and got sent off permanently. MNE certainly better off in club colors, added up with their Serb and Romanian fighters.

Despite all the sweet talk of some confused fans, the Norwegian girl's aren't confused at all-they know exactly what it takes to succeed- also when it comes to rough play. :-" :-"
The RC of Lazovic is more a result of her clumsiness than deliberately rough play imo.
Anyway many team has it's "bad ass" character because they are widely needed in this sport not being chess or smth- in DK it's Skov and she just jokes about it. :)

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:32 am

Ref wrote:
Mixball wrote:
Ref wrote:Weak game this, loads of personal faults from both sides. Norway with twice the amount of suspensions :shock: But the MNE pivot with the lesbian haircut once again smacked a player and got sent off permanently. MNE certainly better off in club colors, added up with their Serb and Romanian fighters.

Despite all the sweet talk of some confused fans, the Norwegian girl's aren't confused at all-they know exactly what it takes to succeed- also when it comes to rough play. :-" :-"
The RC of Lazovic is more a result of her clumsiness than deliberately rough play imo.
Anyway many team has it's "bad ass" character because they are widely needed in this sport not being chess or smth- in DK it's Skov and she just jokes about it. :)

Any game scenario, team X vs Montenegro/Budocnost has two possible outcomes:

1. You play your own play, meet a wall of legs and arms spinning like helicopters. Referees let it pass. Attention is canalized on the refereeing. You loose 10/10 times.
2. You play like Montenegro and give the refereeing nada attention. Add up far better endurance capacity and a couple of fast, technical skilled players, and you may, on a good day, win narrowly.

Yes exactly. Use case 2 with cleverness and stop with the pathetic whining about other teams being killers while there own team are a bunch of hail Mary's. :lol: :p You wanna win- you do what it takes or change to another sport.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:04 am

Ref, if you are not blind RC of Lazović wasn't nothing more than 2min. Skogrand provoked that foul and fell down... :roll:
Idiotic refs, trying to be strict, are usually penalizing Lazović because of her previous reputation. It can leave consequences on the psyche of the player, and this is sad. NOR players couldn't accept any single exclusion given. Their surprised faces are so silly.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Mixball wrote:Aarh, that is a little too harsh on the DK goal keepers I think, since Klavs B. widespread offensive defense style leaves quite open chances for the opponent, which makes GK'ing more challenged. :-"

And that's exactly it! He never adapted to what was happening on the court, moreover since his team was never in control.
He moved to a strict(-ish) defense on Neagu, when she had already scored 11 times. And even then, Fisker was soooo far from her, it was way too easy for Romania's team-play to take her out and give Neagu a clear shot. This is not how you defend against a player like Neagu and this is not how you defend against a team which will say a big thank you and take the large spaces behind your defense.

I mean, what was that? It didn't even look like a 3-2-1, but more like a dis-aligned 6-0. Even so, Romania didn't take enough advantage in the first half, when they were winning their physical duels so easily, moving past the first contact into a clear shot situation, but preferring a pass (I guess this is what years of sterile attacking plays does to you). In such a situation, a more attacking side would've quickly been +5 up.

Danie

Postby Danie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Wbk wrote:No matter what happens next, Wester should be the all-star goalie (or maybe MVP?) of the tournament =D>

Netherlands making their history! To love them is a must... :-({|=

Couldn't agree more!

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:35 pm

Media propaganda in Norway is obviously very powerful. And people seem to buy it.

Why question something that the media say? 8-[ :bom:

Return to “Female Handball”