2015 Women's World Ch. (DEN) - Semifinals

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2015 Women's World Ch. (DEN) - Semifinals

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:19 pm

^ You're 2 days late :)

Joke: weren't Lah/Sok supposed to be the refs today too? I mean, are there any other refs? :P

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Welcome to REAL HANDBALL, Netherlands!

Norway back on the basics: defense, awesome goalies (stop whining here, you vikings, Lunde or no Lunde, you've great goalies) and fast break.

The Dutch girls seem like they've been parachuted in this final from nowhere. No reaction whatsoever and a really awful scoreline.
Come on, Holland, you can do better!

danr
Regular

Postby danr » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:56 pm

We can't get over it, and you haandballstroll you have a "loser mentality" because if you really loved handball you would admit that what is happening is not a good thing for the world wide handball . You're just afraid of losing.

I think all of us love handball, and this sport needs some reforms to be made, I don't know maybe we should take the rugby video system, or like in tennis ?

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:59 pm

danr wrote:I think all of us love handball, and this sport needs some reforms to be made, I don't know maybe we should take the rugby video system, or like in tennis ?

How would the tennis challenge-system work in handball? So if you are not happy with a decision, you can challenge it? Would be a weird way of doing it. Goal-line technology is definitely needed though but it's just so expensive.

danr
Regular

Postby danr » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:03 pm

I don't know the coach should be able to challenge the refs decision . A 2min susspension or a 7m penalty ? It could work

Hajas
Extra Member

Postby Hajas » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:06 pm

SilentOne wrote:
SilentOne wrote:I watched only one game of Holland so far and can say the following - congrats to the new World champions. Poland can be happy to be here, great tournament for them but they are no match for Holland's game

Norway I expect to play final not because they are better than Romania, but because of their routine in playing those big games, especially in front of their home crowd. But their game is not as impressing as the Dutch, so as I said congrats to the new world champions

I will just copy again my post from 2 days ago :D

A lie does not come true even if you repeat the lies. Unless you are a climate-politician

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:09 pm

^ I keep hearing this. But how expensive is it, really?
Rugby did it, long before football. And it works well. And they implemented it at a time when rugby wasn't as rich as it is today.
I think a certain sense of fairness would bring more interest from sponsors and therefore more money.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:13 pm

mikh wrote:^ I keep hearing this. But how expensive is it, really?
Rugby did it, long before football. And it works well. And they implemented it at a time when rugby wasn't as rich as it is today.
I think a certain sense of fairness would bring more interest from sponsors and therefore more money.

It's not too expensive for IHF or EHF if they really want to implement it but it's not realistic for teams in domestic leagues without financial aid.

traddles27
Regular

Postby traddles27 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:21 pm

The video replays should be used in handball, as they are in some other sports like rugby (but there are only for tries, if I'm not wrong), American football, basketball or even hockey. Of course, the rules are different for every sport, I personally like the NFL challenging system. Each coach has only 2 challenges per game. And, if one of them used both his challenges and he was right in both occasions, he would get an additional challenge. But if a coach challenged a ref's decision and was proved wrong, he would lose one timeout. With only 2 challenges per team (+1) there would be possible to challenge the very important decisions, also the game would be delayed too much.

On the other hand, as I already said it, I really don't believe the Slovenians helped,at least not intentionally, Norway against Romania. Dan or Allin, please explain me why did they give us the ball with 13 seconds left, giving us the chance to win the game, when they easily could give a 9 meters for Norway, if they were sold to the Scandinavians?

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:21 pm

^ Ah, yes. But I think nobody was expecting something like this for all competitions.
Tennis doesn't have it for all tournaments either. Same goes for rugby. But, like you said, EHF and IHF have to do something about it.
Then experiment with a number of challenges per match.

Also, at some point (2007, I think) they were saying that the balls they use have some micro-chip that sends a signal to the ref when it's a valid goal or not. What happened to that?

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:25 pm

@traddles27: No, in rugby, the ref can ask at any point the intervention of the TMO (tele match oficial). They use it for try validation, but also for disciplinary inquiries, since there are a lot of problems at the breakdown and it's tremendously difficult for the ref to see everything. For example, they can check stuff like: player not rolling away, high tackles, offsides or knock-ons.
It's literally changed the sport.

The trick is that when you ask for TMO intervention, you transfer the responsibility to him and his/her decision is final.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Congratulations to Norway. They were clearly the best team in the tournament.

haandballstroll
Handball Fan-atic

Postby haandballstroll » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:48 pm

danr wrote:We can't get over it, and you haandballstroll you have a "loser mentality" because if you really loved handball you would admit that what is happening is not a good thing for the world wide handball . You're just afraid of losing.

I think all of us love handball, and this sport needs some reforms to be made, I don't know maybe we should take the rugby video system, or like in tennis ?

I doubt that u love handball because u go on discusing things that shows that u r amateur fan while I play handball over 20 years. :D
To allin, I never try to prove someone like u who also far far away from this beautiful game and just like greedy person from fairytale expect just gold from Romanian team. There are a lot of real handball loving person here on the forum with whom I can discuss handball topics. Sorry. :)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:52 pm

mikh wrote:@traddles27: No, in rugby, the ref can ask at any point the intervention of the TMO (tele match oficial). They use it for try validation, but also for disciplinary inquiries, since there are a lot of problems at the breakdown and it's tremendously difficult for the ref to see everything. For example, they can check stuff like: player not rolling away, high tackles, offsides or knock-ons.
It's literally changed the sport.

The trick is that when you ask for TMO intervention, you transfer the responsibility to him and his/her decision is final.

I have no knowledge of rugby. Would this option be suitable for handball with some adjustments maybe?

Danie

Postby Danie » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:55 pm

mikh wrote:The trick is that when you ask for TMO intervention, you transfer the responsibility to him and his/her decision is final.

Not quite. When the main ref is watching too the replay on the "big screen" he is pretty often making his own call on top of the TMO. Mostly over illegal tackles or forward passes.

danr
Regular

Postby danr » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:18 pm

haandballstroll You simply don't deserve my attention.

haandballstroll
Handball Fan-atic

Postby haandballstroll » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:07 pm

allin wrote:Norway butchers with another butchering. ANOTHER HIT on the throwing arm, on Neagu, while Neagu was in the act of throwing.
The thiefs don't even give 9m here. Did I say that the thieving refs were Norway's best players? There is no doubt at this point.
Neagu still has the ball when she is hit in her throwing arm. That's CLEAR 2 min suspension. The thiefs don't even give 9m.
Neagu screaming in pain after she was butchered, for the 2nd time !!!
Neagu clearly HURT by the Norwegian butchers. This is how the Norwegian butchers stopped her. Great job butchers. Great "defense".
And about the thiefs, what is more to say. Not even 9m. :badgrin: :badgrin:
They deserve gold medals, they were Norway's best players against Romania
2 times Neagu was butchered like that, one time by 2 Norway players, and both times no 2min suspension was given. Neagu was not the same after being butchered like that time and time again.
But yeah, it's just "conspiracy theory" and "global conspiracy" that the thieving refs helped Norway hard. These Norwegians really have no shame.

Allin I advice u to take tranqulizer and go to sleep....Championship is over, boy. :D

Return to “Female Handball”