2015 Women's World Ch. (DEN) - Semifinals

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Scheersberg

Re: 2015 Women's World Ch. (DEN) - Semifinals

Postby Scheersberg » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:41 am

Actually in the final I think for Holland Norway is "better" than Romania. Sad for the fans of Romania. But the final is now Norway Holland with Norway as clear favorite.
Mainly because Norway being Olympic and European Champion is more experienced, also there will be more fans from Norway than Holland. Noapte buna si sumn usor!

rosmary
Rookie

Postby rosmary » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 am

This is unbelievable! Is this even normal for the World Championship- to choose the same arbiters ,for 2 consecutive games of Norway? I have never heard about such thing. I am sorry to tell you ,but no one can win when the players play a brutal game and they receive 7 meters, and the other team receives attacking foul ,for similar attack. So ,yeah. I would have preferred to see 2 teams with equal rights. I saw the picture with Neagu's goal,the one that was not seen by the arbiter. I saw it in many positions,that was not an optic illusion,no way. And the arbiter was very close to that line,so ,he saw the goal very well.But,as i said previously- the same arbiters for Norway,for 2 consecutive games? :shock: =D> I hate this kind of attitude. I love this sport,i played volleyball myself,so i am used with this kind of 'helps' from the arbiters. But it is not ok,they destroy a sport. Handball should be about technique,not about boxing. In the 70's,players were not alowed to have such an arrogant attitude. I am tired about these arbiters . They always allow Norway to play a game with lots of fouls. This is not the first time. I am talking as a person who loves this sport. If this is the way they transformed handball,they should allow all the other teams to be so aggressive. It's not normal to offer 7 meters to one team and attacking foul for the other one ,in similar situations.Unbelievable! They just destroyed a semi final.Sorry to tell this. It could have been another team,i am sure the arbiters would have had the same attitude with Norway. This is not fair. Thank God Uk doesn't have a handball team. [-o< :)

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:53 am

rosmary wrote:Thank God Uk doesn't have a handball team. [-o< :)

Sorry, but I feel pity for the UK.
Last edited by Silviu on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:56 am

rosmary wrote:This is unbelievable! Is this even normal for the World Championship- to choose the same arbiters ,for 2 consecutive games of Norway? I have never heard about such thing.

it only brings discussion. the assistant coach of Romania, Buceschi, was vehement even from before the game. these two Slovenians also whistled Romania-Norway in groups, and the last two of Norway as you may know. quarterfinals and semifinals..

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:00 am

Scheersberg wrote:Actually in the final I think for Holland Norway is "better" than Romania. Sad for the fans of Romania. But the final is now Norway Holland with Norway as clear favorite.
Mainly because Norway being Olympic and European Champion is more experienced, also there will be more fans from Norway than Holland. Noapte buna si sumn usor!

There is still a regret taking into account that Norway didn't convince us they are better than Romania in this game. Overall they are. Not forget referees had some gifts for Norway in crucial moments, but now it's over and we should just enjoy games like this. Congrats Norway & thank you my girls who were simply fantastic against such great teams.

I don't see Norway as a clear favourite in final, NED can do it! It's their moment!
Good luck to both teams, but this time I'll cheer for Dutch pretty girls.
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

rosmary
Rookie

Postby rosmary » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:06 am

:roll: I don't. It would have been an emotional desastre for me :) . I am happy it was Romania and not UK . :x .However,i have a problem with fair play.This game was not fair play. I saw lot's of handball championship's and it's always the same:arbiters,arbiters and again,arbiters. I want to see games where the best team wins,without any help. I want to see this attitude in all sports.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:20 am

Silviu wrote:
@Joana: is there any chance to hope for a draw in the match between the famous 4 Serbian players vs. Bošković? I think we all missed the real Serbia in Denmark... :(

He's actually not going to resign. In his view, he achieved his goals - medals at the Mediterranean Games (!!!) and Universiade (!!!). The Olympics are secondary. So, they'll have to fire him and so far it does not look like they will. Rumour has it that there's a clause in his contract that says he's due for a hefty compensation in case of a dismissal, so they try to avoid it. Of course, if that's true, whoever came up with such contract needs to be shot.
It's all a huge, huge, huge mess.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:30 am

The best players on both sides?

Romania: Ungureanu
Norway: The referees

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:35 am

Five times, of which 2 times in a row.

No comment again
Attachments
10258813_1121581281186090_3556559502478950229_o.png
10258813_1121581281186090_3556559502478950229_o.png (52.27 KiB) Viewed 2225 times

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:42 am

^ At least we know who gets the final :D
IHF at its best, again.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:44 am

The Norwegians really disliked their refereeing against Montenegro. Mørk was complaining. Yeah, she complains all the time, but still.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:45 am

Blaming the refs for the defeat is taking away the huge credit the Romanian team deserves. I'm proud of them, not because they won against Brazil and Denmark, but because they were truly a team. And that did not happen for, erm... a very long time ago, in another galaxy. :D

It is nearly impossible to say, for sure, if it was or not a goal at Neagu's shot, and we are talking about a photo that does not even prove the decision is wrong. Yeah, the coincidence is big, but it's not unusual for them to have Norway's group matches, because an Austrian or a Japanese couple would have been too unexperienced for such a game.

I say again, I am truly proud of what Romania achieved here. It's true, the future is a little bleak, as we rode Nechita, Elisei, Neagu or Manea, the old core, but it would be amazing for us to take our third medal in 10 years.

ZRK Vardar
Extra Member

Postby ZRK Vardar » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:09 am

Romania is the winner. In my eyes.

Norway deserved at least 10 more (2 min). :?

All IHF care about is sold tickets.

eduardsson

Postby eduardsson » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:49 am

The video with the goal.

Both Lecusanu and Varzaru say it was clearly a goal

https://www.dolce-sport.ro/sporturi/han ... oarta.html

Thank you IHF for London 2012 reloaded

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:25 am

eduardsson wrote:Five times, of which 2 times in a row.

This is totally unacceptable in my opinion. :shock: :shock:
idle banter.

traddles27
Regular

Postby traddles27 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:36 am

maz wrote:Image
Just to put out a better picture than eduardsson's, so people can make up their mind whether they think it's a goal or not. The angle is definitely not ideal.

Shouldn't the ball cross the line 100% in order to be a goal? From this picture it doesn't seem so. I think my fellow Romanians exaggerate blaming the refs. There were mistakes, but on both sides. If they had helped Norway, would they have given us the ball with 13 seconds until the end, when, if they had had bad intentions could have easily given a 9 meters for Norway?

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

traddles27 wrote:
maz wrote:Just to put out a better picture than eduardsson's, so people can make up their mind whether they think it's a goal or not. The angle is definitely not ideal.

Shouldn't the ball cross the line 100% in order to be a goal? From this picture it doesn't seem so. I think my fellow Romanians exaggerate blaming the refs. There were mistakes, but on both sides.

Yes indeed so is the rule. We cannot correctly judge from the pictures of course, but it seems more likely a let 's say 90 % crossing than a 100% crossing. A case like this is almost impossible for a ref to judge (without technology).

A goal is scored when the entire ball has completely crossed the goal line (see diagram 4)

See: http://www.ihf.info/files/Uploads/NewsA ... ame_GB.pdf

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:57 am

Brazil -> Denmark -> Norway, our game has improved a lot. The girls deserve the medal and 4th place is out of the question.

Regarding the game, I would say 1st half was Norway's 55%, 2nd half was 50%-50% and ET Norway's 55%.

The only moment where we could have won was at Elisei's shot in the last seconds of the regular time. And why were we in that position? Only because Paula Ungureanu had just saved a penaly on Mork. She was the MVP last night.

What killed us? More than the Norwegian attack which we successfully stopped in the 2nd half, it was the fast throw off. Our girls were either too tired, or not fit enough to run back (or both). On the other hand, Perianu did her best and I saw her crying after the game. BUT Romania missed a top central defender to stand by Bradeanu. Do we have one at home? I don't know. Manea outdid herself in the 2nd half, stopping Loke and Kristiansen. Also, Ida Alstad coming fresh from the bench in ET proved to be crucial, while in our camp, the responsability fell on already frustrated Neagu (attack) and Perianu (defence).

I wholeheartedly think this was the best knock out game Romania played against a top opponent since 1999, when I started watching them. And this is what we should be talking about.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:43 am

RAW Match :)

Our girls were determined to finish off Romania ASAP, to let them choke to death in the end of the match. High speed handball, with fast combinations looking for gaps that just had to come, gave a lot of goals in attack but also faults. But man, what a pace, what attacking HANDBALL :)

Defense sucked however, and our GK's had a black day like the Danish when they met Romania. We couldn't shake them off, they were hanging there like a terrier. Half time ended 17-14, and it felt it was only a question about time and strength, before it would end with a massive victory.

How wrong was that. Romania came back second half more determined, clever play and smart moves involving the whole team...and they even took the lead...Jesus!

Ungureanu saved our 7 meters as well, it was unbelivable. Then suddenly, out from the shadows, Ida Alstad were send out to SCORE, or we would be out of the match. Ida Alstad, ice cold, just made for these kind of fights, and should have been on the court all the time ofc, didn't disappoint, but send a cunning smile to Hergeirsson saying "I deliver, give me a real challenge Hergeirsson" :)

Romania could easily have won as well, they played with their hearts out, but whatever dark day Grimsbø had, there was one vital moment she showed her class...a shot from no other than Neagu...and she just HAD to save...and did so too :)

Holy s**t, what a hero, it gave me the shivers :)

Extra Time, and now the girls really showed what they were made of. High drama here as well, since Oftedal made such a stupid mistake, that brought Romania back in match and her on the bench for 2 minutes. She was terrified that Norway now would lose just because of her...

Relax, Stine, be proud, you were one of our best players out there, and if so had happened, we wouldn't have won anyway without you being our captain. It would have been OK :)

Stine commanding her troops :)

When Veronica Kristiansen was interwied after the match, she was afraid to burst in tears if the reporter asked too many questions, hehe. Nevertheless she could only remember the last 5 minutes of the game, hehe, being so proud of being part of such a hardworking team :)

Veronica scored six, and it's such a joy too see her in action :)

A joy to see the team as well, I think they all scored :)

Løke our warrior queen, unstoppable and just lethal :)
Hehe, stopped here though...almost unstoppable then :)

Nora Mørk didn't need any warming up this match, and thank God for that or we would have lost for sure. She have some incredible shots, and scores on whatever. A pure diamond :)

Herrem playing at her best level ever, nailing the match ball to 35-33 :)

Hergeirsson was afraid of the refs, he didn't understand their line in the match against MNE that costed Norway 8 suspensions, and here they come AGAIN! It shouldn't be legal...
The refs were pretty bad, and although that were for both sides with 4 suspensions + red card for Norway and 6 for Romania, they denied Romania an attack in the last 10 seconds, that could have given even more extra time. I guess we saved Romania to come out of it with their honor intact, well deserved as they played the match of their life (and they had to do it against us of all, ofc) :)

Our girls would have destroyed them complety, hehe, that's how well they played in the extra time, except for a stupid mistake ofc that made it a thriller :)

The very best girls in the world...shining brighter than ever when needed so :)

Netherland next. Looking hot, but do not quite know what awaits them in a FINAL :)

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:24 pm

Gojira wrote:From this angle this is not a goal for me. But I am neither a referee nor a Romanian.

Congratulations to the Romanian team, they played fair and well.

I agree, -damn that goal line technology. :evil:
Also congraz to Norway for yet another final-amazing and great match. =D>
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Perianu and Ryde in the press conference.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:40 pm

barry.romania wrote:Ryde accused the pair of referees at the Danish television.

http://www.dolce-sport.ro/sporturi/hand ... -este.html

And more: http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/handbal/ryde ... 65971.html.

There were several other occassions on this WCh when losing teams could accuse the referees. This will never change.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Beside that he made some very interesting points on his work with the Romanian NT. He still struggles with the culture part- blaming game, negative attitude, etc, but structures + a third thing I don't recall he has in control. Very interesting behind the scene. :)
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:59 pm

Mixball wrote:

Beside that he made some very interesting points on his work with the Romanian NT. He still struggles with the culture part- blaming game, negative attitude, etc, but structures + a third thing I don't recall he has in control. Very interesting behind the scene. :)

He is a genius really. When he lost the first match in the group play, he knew they couldn't win the group, and he regarded the other teams to be pretty equal. Therefor he "sold" the other matches, to get his team playing together as a team as his main goal before the knock-out rounds began. Pretty cool, and it worked too. Romania have never been better before than this when it matters :)

Return to “Female Handball”